Other Metagames Revolving Door (Gen8 Anything Goes)

Hello Pokémon trainers. Today I have for you my favorite team of Gen 8 Anything Goes I’ve created. It started with a powerful pivoting core I discovered in Regieleki and Galarian Darmanitan, and I ended up pairing it with one of the scariest sweepers in the meta, that being Rock Polish Bulk Up Groudon.
1663792412342.png

Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Regieleki is the first of the powerful pivoting duo. Its good special attack and phenomenal speed along with its ability Transistor allows it to throw around powerful Volt Switches before anything else can move, and it can threaten powerful Thunderbolts to deal big damage when it needs to. Explosion is ran in the case that you need to sacrifice it to get a clean switch in or need to pivot out in front of a Groudon or Zygarde. Rapid spin is nice for additional hazard control, but something like Ancient Power could be run in its place in case you’re scared of Shedinja for some reason.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Galarian Darmanitan is the other half of the pivoting duo. It complements Regieleki extremely well, as its insanely powerful Icicle Crashes pick up the ground types and Pokémon like Zekrom that Regieleki can’t touch, and it’s coverage moves in Flare Blitz and Stone Edge can OHKO Pokémon like Zacian-C and Ho-oh respectively that Regieleki can’t one-shot. The Choice Scarf let’s G-Darm outspeed the entire meta game that isn’t also scarfed, and it can pivot around with powerful Gorilla Tactics-boosted U-turns. Eleki and G-Darm act like a powerful, annoying revolving door

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe OR 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Bulk Up
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

This Groudon set is absolutely insane. After a Rock Polish, it outspeeds Calyrex-Shadow (or Scarf Kyogre using the alternate spread if you want to ladder). It’s heavy HP investment allows it to take hits moderately well, allowing it to set up Bulk Ups, preferably against passive Pokémon such as Dusk Mane Necrozma and support Yveltal. It can even set up on Dragon Dance NDM (so long as NDM doesn’t already have boosts on it). Bulk Up combines great with Max Quake, so it can boost both its defense and special defense and, along with its Leftovers, be able to have longevity after its Dynamax runs out. This Pokémon is absolutely terrifying, and Eleki and G-Darm allow it to position itself optimally to clean up games.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 18 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

This Yveltal set is fairly standard, with slow U-turn to add to all the pivoting. It’s obvious to any AG player that Yveltal is the premier support Pokémon as it can both Defog and reliably check Calyrex-Shadow. Not much else to say about this

Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

I opted for Blissey over Eternatus as my Kyogre check because Blissey acts as a great blanket check to other specially offensive threats such as Xerneas and specially offensive Yveltal. It also gets Teleport to make it another excellent pivoting option. Also, excessive pivoting makes you susceptible to Toxic and Thunder Wave, so having a cleric is invaluable

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Dusk Mane Necrozma is the other necessity in the Gen 8 AG metagame, as it reliably switches into Zacian-C and can set Stealth Rock. I chose Toxic as my filler option so I can put threats such as Yveltal or Ho-oh that might switch in on NDM on a timer, making it easier for the pivoting duo or Groudon to clean up later in the game.

Honestly I wanted to make this RMT because this is the team I’ve had the most fun with this generation and I’m quite proud of it, and I wanted to leave one final mark on the AG community before I leave for good. Pokémon doesn’t do much outside of make me angry, but I do love the game, and I hope that this team brings success and joy to others as it did to me. Thank you so much for reading, and have a great day!

Last edited:

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello Pokémon trainers. Today I have for you my favorite team of Gen 8 Anything Goes I’ve created. It started with a powerful pivoting core I discovered in Regieleki and Galarian Darmanitan, and I ended up pairing it with one of the scariest sweepers in the meta, that being Rock Polish Bulk Up Groudon.
View attachment 454386
Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Regieleki is the first of the powerful pivoting duo. Its good special attack and phenomenal speed along with its ability Transistor allows it to throw around powerful Volt Switches before anything else can move, and it can threaten powerful Thunderbolts to deal big damage when it needs to. Explosion is ran in the case that you need to sacrifice it to get a clean switch in or need to pivot out in front of a Groudon or Zygarde. Rapid spin is nice for additional hazard control, but something like Ancient Power could be run in its place in case you’re scared of Shedinja for some reason.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Galarian Darmanitan is the other half of the pivoting duo. It complements Regieleki extremely well, as its insanely powerful Icicle Crashes pick up the ground types and Pokémon like Zekrom that Regieleki can’t touch, and it’s coverage moves in Flare Blitz and Stone Edge can OHKO Pokémon like Zacian-C and Ho-oh respectively that Regieleki can’t one-shot. The Choice Scarf let’s G-Darm outspeed the entire meta game that isn’t also scarfed, and it can pivot around with powerful Gorilla Tactics-boosted U-turns. Eleki and G-Darm act like a powerful, annoying revolving door

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe OR 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Bulk Up
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

This Groudon set is absolutely insane. After a Rock Polish, it outspeeds Calyrex-Shadow (or Scarf Kyogre using the alternate spread if you want to ladder). It’s heavy HP investment allows it to take hits moderately well, allowing it to set up Bulk Ups, preferably against passive Pokémon such as Dusk Mane Necrozma and support Yveltal. It can even set up on Dragon Dance NDM (so long as NDM doesn’t already have boosts on it). Bulk Up combines great with Max Quake, so it can boost both its defense and special defense and, along with its Leftovers, be able to have longevity after its Dynamax runs out. This Pokémon is absolutely terrifying, and Eleki and G-Darm allow it to position itself optimally to clean up games.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 18 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

This Yveltal set is fairly standard, with slow U-turn to add to all the pivoting. It’s obvious to any AG player that Yveltal is the premier support Pokémon as it can both Defog and reliably check Calyrex-Shadow. Not much else to say about this

Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

I opted for Blissey over Eternatus as my Kyogre check because Blissey acts as a great blanket check to other specially offensive threats such as Xerneas and specially offensive Yveltal. It also gets Teleport to make it another excellent pivoting option. Also, excessive pivoting makes you susceptible to Toxic and Thunder Wave, so having a cleric is invaluable

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Dusk Mane Necrozma is the other necessity in the Gen 8 AG metagame, as it reliably switches into Zacian-C and can set Stealth Rock. I chose Toxic as my filler option so I can put threats such as Yveltal or Ho-oh that might switch in on NDM on a timer, making it easier for the pivoting duo or Groudon to clean up later in the game.

Honestly I wanted to make this RMT because this is the team I’ve had the most fun with this generation and I’m quite proud of it, and I wanted to leave one final mark on the AG community before I leave for good. Pokémon doesn’t do much outside of make me angry, but I do love the game, and I hope that this team brings success and joy to others as it did to me. Thank you so much for reading, and have a great day!

I love ur gdon's moveset
Is it a sweeper?
If yes, i would use swords dance instead of Bulk up :)

I love ur gdon's moveset
Is it a sweeper?
If yes, i would use swords dance instead of Bulk up :)
It is a sweeper, but I think Bulk Up is superior to Swords Dance in this case for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it makes you much less susceptible to Ditto, provided your HP is relatively full. Second, longevity; Bulk Up and Max Quake increase both defensive stats, allowing you to live longer and set up even further if you choose to do so. This helps immensely versus mons like NDM or Zygarde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)