Metagame Revelationmons

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
This is something I've been saying for a while. Similarly, the reason I believe people find Thundurus-T 'broken' is because they're all running physically defensive mons. Special options are perfectly good and viable, but just benefit less from the gimmick of the meta, since most special attackers already get good STAB options.
I still think Thundurus-T is still too much for the meta even if you take into account specially defensive options. I've been teambuilding and playtesting since the ladder ended in friendlies, and I've been hardpressed to find anything that can actually stop Thundurus-T. Other than Blissey and Chansey that get abused by Volt Switch, only Rotom-Heat, Steelix, or Tapu Koko really come to mind as passable checks to Thund-T. Aside from Thundy's wallbreaking and ability to pivot out on Blissey/Chansey, the mons that are supposed to check it have a hard time dealing damage to it. Body Press is one of the best equalizers in this tier because you're not free to stay in and click buttons since you're at risk of dying. I can't think of anything that can simultaneously check Thund-T while also threatening it besides Koko. That means it's free stay in and either fish for status or set up on you. Even then Koko is susceptible to getting Poisoned and can be easily worn down, especially if it is the Flame Orb set. Rotom-H lacks reliable recovery, gets neutered by Poison, and doesn't do enough damage to Thund-T in return, and SpDef Steelix gets nuked by Focus Blast while also lacking reliable recovery. Being able to freely spam Flying type Sludge Bomb for massive damage and a 30% to poison is part of why its so crazy. I have no way of proving it, but I don't think that the meta will shift enough to special attackers that Thund-T will be less of a problem. I still think physical attackers will be king, and Thund-T in tandem with a lot of the tier's crazy physical attackers is part of why it's too good in my opinion. Which is I think we should at least have a suspect test like Ducky said.

I still think Thundurus-T is still too much for the meta even if you take into account specially defensive options. I've been teambuilding and playtesting since the ladder ended in friendlies, and I've been hardpressed to find anything that can actually stop Thundurus-T. Other than Blissey and Chansey that get abused by Volt Switch, only Rotom-Heat, Steelix, or Tapu Koko really come to mind as passable checks to Thund-T. Aside from Thundy's wallbreaking and ability to pivot out on Blissey/Chansey, the mons that are supposed to check it have a hard time dealing damage to it. Body Press is one of the best equalizers in this tier because you're not free to stay in and click buttons since you're at risk of dying. I can't think of anything that can simultaneously check Thund-T while also threatening it besides Koko. That means it's free stay in and either fish for status or set up on you. Even then Koko is susceptible to getting Poisoned and can be easily worn down, especially if it is the Flame Orb set. Rotom-H lacks reliable recovery, gets neutered by Poison, and doesn't do enough damage to Thund-T in return, and SpDef Steelix gets nuked by Focus Blast while also lacking reliable recovery. Being able to freely spam Flying type Sludge Bomb for massive damage and a 30% to poison is part of why its so crazy. I have no way of proving it, but I don't think that the meta will shift enough to special attackers that Thund-T will be less of a problem. I still think physical attackers will be king, and Thund-T in tandem with a lot of the tier's crazy physical attackers is part of why it's too good in my opinion. Which is I think we should at least have a suspect test like Ducky said.
I would agree about Thundurus. When building my team I tried to come up with a good answer to it, and found lots of troubling calcs. I went with AV Glowking, but it (and all the other SpDef walls) still risks being killed by Nasty Plot Life Orb sets, and can just get pivoted on by choice locked or HDB sets. If my Glowking did get weakened it could get blown away, then I would be lucky to kill it afterward with my Ferrothorn or Steelix.

The worst for my Glowking was thunder sets you'd see on rain teams:

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 175-207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And all the blobs can really do is teleport to a revenge killer, you can't para Thundurus or 1v1 with seismic toss, and you'll need to heal up before it comes back in:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Sludge Wave (Flying) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 337-398 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 436-514 (61 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 360-424 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't even want to consider Rotom-Heat or Steelix, they don't have recovery and Steelix dies easily to coverage anyway.

Thundy and Aegislash were the biggest problems for me and my balance team.

ponchlake

:SS/Aegislash: :SS/Zarude: :SS/Lycanroc-Dusk: :SS/Crawdaunt: :SS/Barraskewda:

I think arguably the most broken thing we currently have in Revelationmons is Close Combat. I don't see that changing in the slightest even in Gen-9, so I think some action should be done. I know that a suspect test is likely, but I'd even be in favor of a quick ban/restricting it without a suspect test. Close Combat spammers are unwallable, and "checking it" is just trying to not get 2HKO'd. Some games just comes down to who can get more kills with Close Combat, and I don't think an already fast paced meta like Revelationmons needs a one-click-kill button. The meta is mostly HO right now, and I think that restricting CC would bring the power level down enough to where we could start to see other playstyles. Even with CC being restricted, I don't see any of the mons that ran it getting significantly worse either. CC as a coverage move is still insane in this meta. A lot of the CC spammers also have other viable moves they could use in place of CC as their STAB. Hell I even think some of them get better having CC as a coverage option like Lycanroc-Dusk. Coming from a certified Rain Hater™, I think we could even unban Barraskewda if 1) CC gets restricted and 2) Thundurus-T gets banned. The meta feels like Rock-Paper-Scissors HO at times, and I feel that CC is a large contributing factor to that. So I'm in favor of quickbanning/restricting it without a suspect test the next time the meta rolls around. I think this could lead to offensive diversifying a bit, and I'm also interested to see how the meta will shift with CC being restricted. Something we saw fairly often was people opting out of coverage moves, so with CC being relegated to a coverage move, I think we could see a big shift in Balance and defensive cores as well.

Last edited:

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I figured as an outsider looking to get on the inside, I would give my thoughts on the 2 options at hand.
Also UT told me to and I like this OM enough to do it

Close Combat

I think Close Combat as a whole should just be restricted with no suspect test. As ponchlake said, most Pokémon that run CC are gonna still enjoy it as a coverage move but the power level of the meta will go down as it won't be a spammable STAB for those particular threats. I also think it would be kinda silly to suspect test a move but I can see it since this is a move-based OM.

Thundurus-Therian

I believe that Thundurus-Therian is definitely the face of the meta and rightfully so as it gets plenty of moves to abuse as a Flying STAB now. I don't know if I would consider it to be "quickban" worthy but I can definitely see a suspect happening for it. It has fantastic stats to do what it does as a special attacker and a good enough movepool to customize what coverage it wants all while gaining a much useful Flying STAB.

Last edited:

ponchlake

Close Combat

I think Close Combat as a whole should just be restricted with no suspect test. As ponchlake said, most Pokémon that run CC are gonna still enjoy it as a coverage move but the power level of the meta will go down as it won't be a spammable STAB for those particular threats. I also think it would be kinda silly to suspect test a move but I can see it since this is a move-based OM.
This is supposed to be a Thundurus-T hate post, but since we just had a tournament in the OM room with CC restricted, I wanna say I think we're good to restrict it without any suspect tests. I really liked how it played with CC restricted. My switch-ins felt like actual switch-ins, and it still maintained that fast-paced nature that Revelationmons is kinda known for, except it is now a much more manageable pace I'd say.

Okay, so Thundurus-T needs to go is the simplest way to put it. I made a post briefly touching on Thund-T before, but now I'll make a more comprehensive one.

:SS/Ferrothorn: :SS/Slowbro: :SS/Blissey: :SS/Corvisquire:

So the Great Wall of Fat™ aka the tier's best defensive cores and glue Pokemon (I used Corvisquire sprite because Corviknight sprite is obnoxiously large) all get obliterated by Thundurus-T no matter the set. I'm almost tempted to say "except for Blissey" if they do not have Volt Switch, but your MU against Thundurus-T is still shaky because of Sludge Bomb poisons. Not pictured here are other mons like Landorus-T or Steelix, but I do not consider those to be checks by any means. This thing has an answer for just about everything you could hope to check it with, and it runs the problem of you possibly losing the game or putting yourself in an unfavorable position trying to figure out what set it is. Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, HDB with Dual Dance, HDB with NP or Agility, or just 4 Attacks. All of those sets are very viable and they beat just about every defensive mon you could think of in the tier. Focus Blast nukes Steelix, Tyranitar, and Heatran who were half-reliable checks to Thundy. Grass Knot lets you consistently chunk at Steelix or Tyranitar, as well as gives you an option to OHKO Seismitoad for Rain MU's. Choice Scarf lets you outspeed just about anything in the tier unless they're also scarfed, letting you get easy revenge kills, pepper away at their team, or clean up late game. You could also run Sludge Wave to remove Tapu Koko, which is probably Thundy's best answer in this tier. Choice Specs lets you start throwing out nukes with your dual STAB as soon as you bring in Thund-T, but your opponent also has to be wary of your last 2 moves as well. Volt Switch spits in the face of Blissey/Chansey, Heatran, or Tyranitar and just about anything else that isn't immune to it, because you get to pivot out into something with Close Combat.

:SS/Zygarde-10%: :SS/Entei: :SS/Regieleki: :SS/Lucario:

Extreme Speed is at the very top of this tier's watchlist, but fortunately just about all of its best abusers have hard counters. Landorus-T hardcounters Regieleki and is a very good check into Lucario and Zydog. Slowbro counters Lucario, Zydog, and Entei. Skarmory and Corviknight are reliable checks to Lucario and Zydog if you're either healthy enough or got prior chip on either. Ferrothorn counters Regieleki and is a reliable check into Zydog. Toxapex counters Lucario and Entei. All, save for Toxapex, also threaten a kill onto the mons they're switching into as well. Thundy does not care about this though since it completely blows past each of these checks, and it isn't threatened by any of them either. It doesn't necessarily need to kill any of them as well. If it chips at your checks enough, then the E-Speed mons are able to pick them off themselves. Lucario can have last move Crunch for Slowbro or EQ for Toxapex. Entei has Stomping Tantrum for Toxapex and two Sacred Fires could be enough to kill Slowbro if you're low enough or Burned. Being burned also just means that you can't reliably kill Entei now unless you have Scald. Zydog just clicks Thousand Arrows. Regieleki needs its counters completely removed though. I think it's quite troublesome to have one of the most potentially broken things in the meta be enabled by Thundurus-T.

Thundy is also part of why Rain is crazy strong in this meta. Rain will just replace Thundy with Zapdos if it gets banned, but I don't think they're even close in terms of being a Rain sweeper. Thund-T does more damage, has 1 extra speed, and has Volt Absorb. It's that last part for me that makes Thund-T so good in my opinion for Rain. Because you know what mon is really good against Rain? Thundurus-T itself. So you have your own Thundurus-T to wallbreak, as well as check opposing Thundurus-T since they can't outdamage you for the most part. A very underrated thing is that now you get to pick your poison of whether or not you wanna fish for paralysis or poison (badum tss). You have the option of spamming 100% accurate Flying-type Thunders that nothing is immune to, or you can throw off Electric-type Sludge Bombs. This takes Thundy's ability to freely spam Sludge Bomb and fish for poison on normal sets and takes it to 11. We no longer have Barraskewda, but Drednaw or Kabutops still fulfills that role perfectly fine since Rain still has Thundurus-T. Rillaboom is normally a great offensive check to Rain, but Thundurus-T makes its life significantly harder. It goes back to what I said with E-Speed, everything that is supposed to check the Rain sweepers are beat by Thundy, except now it is a lot stronger.

:SS/Terrakion: :SS/Lycanroc-Dusk: :SS/Zapdos-Galar: :SS/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

Come take a trip down memory lane as we DeLorean our way back to BWOU where Close Combat and Fighting-types are ridiculous. I'm talking about Fighting-type CC if it were to get restricted by the way. You can probably guess what I'm about to say, but yeah Thundurus-T does the exact same thing it does for Rain and E-Speed, which is removing checks and counters. You pretty much see the same checks and counters in the meta, and Thundurus-T just so happens to nuke all of them, including those for Fighting spam. I don't wanna beat on a dead horse here, so the cliffnotes for you is Close Combat goes brrrrrrrrrrr after Thundy removes or chips away at your checks.

:SS/Thundurus:

Does regular Thundurus need to get banned though? Thundurus is faster and also runs the mindgame of being physical or mixed, but it's not even close I'd say. Having 10 extra Spd and Atk is great and all, but I think the thing that makes Thundurus-T so over the top versus Thundurus is having Volt Absorb. Electric-types are amazing in this meta as you can see with Tapu Koko, Regieleki, and Thundurus-T itself. Being immune to one of the best offensive types in Revelationmons more than makes up for having 10 less Spd. The +20 SpAtk is just the icing on the cake as well. So despite being as frail as tissue paper, Thundurus-T has surprisingly good defensive MU's against really good mons such as Corviknight/Skarmory, and the tier's Electric types including both of its forms. Which only further adds to the argument of it being difficult to check defensively and threaten offensively. Though I will say I could see Thundurus being ridiculous itself should Thund-T get banned for the reasons mentioned above.

Conclusion:
It's broken. I'm more agreeable to a suspect test for this, but I don't even think that it's necessary. I honestly think we could just quickban this thing and reserve a suspect test for something like Extreme Speed or even potentially one of Victini, Terrakion, or Lycanroc-Dusk. But if we're going to suspect test something, it'd have to be Thundurus-T.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Close Combat restriction sounds like a good deal IMO, I think it will help a lot in both lowering the overall breaking power of the metagame which is already quite high as-is, and it may also help in better identifying some problematic Pokemon. I was wondering if restricting CC would screw with the C&Cs of certain mons, particularly Lycanroc-Dusk, but after thinking about it for more than 4 seconds I realized there isn't anything stopping you from keeping CC as a coverage move to blow past bulky Steels and use something like Psychic Fangs which still has a nasty BP of ~165 after STAB and Claws, the allure of STAB CC is obviously huge but Fighting is a great coverage type and there's a point where you're just overkilling it. So if restricted CC makes people realize that non-STAB CC is actually stronger on Lycanroc due to other shifts and fsr now that's a problem, well we'd just ban/suspect it because it was probably going to be problematic anyway. I think this is a very elegant way of lowing the overall power level both immediately and in time and I'm all for it.

I definitely need to actually play more but gen 8 has waned on me a lot recently, so I'm just going to take everyone else's word on ThundT. I don't remember enjoying the prediction game of Scarf/Specs/Agility and what particular moves it was running this time.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Wanted to make a quick post agreeing with everyone, but especially ponchlake, about Thundy-t. This thing has to go, like said above it has no real checks, as Chansey and Blissey are exploited with Volt Switch, and even full SpDef Steelix needs to stay at almost 100% to beat Nasty Plot sets, and is sent packing by Focus Blast. Here's an example of Thundy + another breaker that Steelix has to check being able to easily chip it down and beat it before sweeping the rest of the team (ignore me choking turn 1, that isnt the point).

Another thing is I also agree that the meta feels much better without CC, and I agree that it doesn't need a suspect.

Sorry for the short post I just wanted to get my thoughts out before I forget.

ponchlake

(ignore me choking turn 1, that isnt the point)
Ignore me choking the entire rest of the game. Also, UT I think the challenge code is bugged. It said Urshifu-Rapid Strike was a banned Pokemon, so we weren't able to play with it.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hello friends, several updates! Firstly...

Close Combat is Restricted!
:ss/aegislash: :ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/barraskewda: :ss/zarude: :ss/terrakion:
Restrict...UTDiscordualBylethKrisIsaiahTotal
Close CombatRESTRICTDO NOT RESTRICTRESTRICTRESTRICTABSTAIN3-1-1 RESTRICT

Close Combat is a widely distributed, relatively low drawback move that dramatically ramps up the power of many of the metagames best physical attackers. Aided by an ability in most cases, powerful neutral coverage, and high stats, physical attackers like Aegislash, Barraskewda, and Lycanroc-Dusk could blow up would-be checks with overpowering STAB Close Combat. Don't take my word for it, read the last page or so of replies for more detail! Given that one user is already banned, and several others are borderline uncheckable as well, the council has moved to restrict Close Combat! As a result, Barraskewda will be unbanned as well, and the challenge code on the first page has been updated. As a reminder, it will still be legal in a non-type-changing slot. And with the conclusion of the vote...

Byleth, Kris, and Isaiah are stepping down from council!
Huge thanks to all three of them for their work getting this metagame started, esepcially Kris for coding the mod that makes this all possible! They will be missed, and thanks again for your time and effort. Lastly...

The Revelationmons Discord is now open to the public!
Enough of you have bothered me about this that I have decided to make the Discord public! I won't lie to you, there's not much there right now, but maybe it will make finding games and discussing the meta easier. And who knows, we might need more council people, and active discorders might have an inside shot at that...

That's all, thanks again for all the feedback on Close Combat, and keep enjoying Revelationmons!

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
With CC finally restricted, I decided to look into how some of the mons that used it on a consistent basis would fare after the restriction.

The biggest winner from the restriction of Close Combat as it was banned because of it has definitely made a splash (pun intended) coming back into the meta. Barraskewda now runs Double Edge as a nuke similar to CC but with recoil instead of Def/SpD drops. Time will tell if it is still too much for Revelationmons, but its new "STAB" providing recoil makes it a little easier to wear it down with things like Rocky Helmet Slowbro.

Lycanroc-Dusk has definitely appreciated the CC restriction as it now "forced" to use it as coverage which helps it beat down on some Steel types; however, it has no other nuke options like Double Edge unless it wants to lock itself into it with options like Thrash and Outrage. Those are still good options on a Choice Band set, but Psychic Fangs is the next best thing as a STAB benefiting from Tough Claws.

Probably the biggest loser of the CC restrict as it now has little options to really abuse for Grass or Dark as Power Whip is its next best option and if it uses that as a Dark STAB, it loses the powerful Grass STAB move it does have. It also has Superpower but losing Attack each hit blows. CC is still good as coverage so there's that but Zarude is definitely in for a rough time in a post-CC restrict meta.

Now it is time for some fun mons I have found!

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 40 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe or 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Meteor Beam

Nihilego is a solid Thundy-T check (please ban it UT ) but alongside that, it can snowball and steamroll teams with ease if it can nab a KO due to being able to go for a Spe boost or a SpA boost with its ability. Sludge Wave as a consistent Rock STAB is so nice to nail Thundy-T or any other Rock weak mons while Psychic as a Poison STAB still hits just as hard as Sludge Bomb but has a SpD drop chance which can be neat. Tbolt for Slowbro/Pex and Meteor Beam for setting up and a one time nuke.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up / Iron Defense
- Agility
- Roost

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Electric Seed / Kee Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy / Thunder Wave

Being able to type change Stored Power or Power Trip to be a STAB move seems gross in particular for these 2. Corviknight has a fantastic typing and great bulk to consistently boost up while Clef has an arguably better typing and ability to help combat against opposing setup sweepers. Both are equally scary on paper but again we need more time to see if practice makes it perfect or maybe even broken.

Nominating Golurk to C+ on the VR. It's got several high power physical moves, some of which have zero drawback including the coveted No Guard Dynamic Punch, and it serves as a fairly hard check to Terrakion, even able to set up Rock Polish on it if it isn't boosted. It's very slow, though, and its defensive profile is a double-edged sword with a lot of weaknesses.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mega Kick / Dynamic Punch
- Dynamic Punch / Mega Kick
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

ponchlake

Nominating Golurk to C+ on the VR. It's got several high power physical moves, some of which have zero drawback including the coveted No Guard Dynamic Punch, and it serves as a fairly hard check to Terrakion, even able to set up Rock Polish on it if it isn't boosted. It's very slow, though, and its defensive profile is a double-edged sword with a lot of weaknesses.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mega Kick / Dynamic Punch
- Dynamic Punch / Mega Kick
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
I think this would be a good nomination for C+. It also has Trick, so CB is also a very viable option. The speed is a bit awkward even with Choice Scarf since you're still slower than say Terrakion. STAB combination is great though, and this could be good on screens HO to help set-up.

ponchlake

Alright, I've been putting off making this post forever now.. but Rotom forms.

:ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Rotom-Mow: :ss/Rotom-Frost: :ss/Rotom-Fan:

They have obvious defensive utilities if we're talking about Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Heat. They're some of the best role compressors in the tier, but what I think we should start talking about more is how insanely good they are offensively now that they have reliable stab options. I'm talking about ALL Rotom forms by the way (well except for maybe Rotom-Fan), because all Rotom forms are amazing in this current meta. Let's go back to defensive utility for a moment, because they can be really hard for some teams to revenge kill. You're pretty much playing the E-Speed roulette if that's how you get revenge kills on your team, because Rotoms are flat out immune to Ground, most resist Electric or Steel, and some resist Fire. The natural bulk is also good enough to where you'll have a hard time OHKOing if it's healthy.

Let's talk about their offensive kits though. Electric STAB is really good if you're not aware. Just refer back to my Thund-T post and look at why Thund-T is so menacing for defensive cores. Rotom is a much more tame version of that, but your secondary STABs option can vary significantly and you have much more defensive utility. Pretty much the story here is that the Rotom forms have insanely good coverage into the meta. There's also the possibility that you think that's regular utility Rotom.. but nope Chuck Testa.. it's random NP offensive Rotom. The amazing offensive coverage means that you only really need 2 attacks and are free to run whichever 4th move you want. Wil-o-Wisp, Substitute, Defog, Thunder-Wave, etc.

:SS/Rotom-Wash:

Rotom-Wash has perfect coverage into the meta against anything that isn't a Grass-type. Ground-types which would otherwise bother an Electric-type get nuked by Water Hyper Voice. Steelix and Lando-T are among the best mons right now, and Rotom-W puts both in the blender offensively and defensively. It is also fantastic into other popular mons like Entei or Gyarados. Hydro Pump is still very viable, but the extra damage is not entirely necessary currently. I'll take the 100% accuracy in this instance, but Hydro Pump is a very viable choice still.

:SS/Rotom-Heat:

Alright, so take the near perfect coverage Rotom-W has and get it as close to perfect as you can and you get Rotom-Heat. It nukes everything that Rotom-W does including Ferrothorn, though it cannot OHKO Lando-T like Rotom-W can. It's also the best defensive answer to Tapu Koko and is amazing defensively into Entei without Stone-Edge or is choice-locked. Other notable mons it has good defensive and offensive MU's into include Kartana, Rillaboom, and Thundurus. It threatens serious damage or an OHKO to all of those.

:SS/Rotom-Mow:

Rotom-Mow is the definition of middle of the pack. It is isn't as good as the better Rotom forms, but it also isn't Rotom-Fan. It struggles to beat a lot of the same stuff that Rotom-H or Rotom-W does, but it's the best Rotom into Zygarde-10. Normally Zydog can just switch in and revenge kill you with Thousand Arrows, which it cannot do to Rotom-M without a lot of prior chip. It's a very decent offensive check to Zydog given it's immunity to Extreme Speed as well, so if they want to kill you, they'll have to lock themselves into Outrage. Rotom-M is also among the tier's few good Grass-types. It is arguably the only viable Grass-type special attacker as well, which adds to it's niche I'd say. The damage is crazy though, and an Electric-type with the ability to beat Grounds means this thing is going to be good.

:SS/Rotom-Frost:

Rotom-Frost has the worst defensive utility of all the Rotom forms given it's Ice-typing, but it's arguably as good as Rotom-H offensively because Bolt/Beam is an absolute drug. That's all I'm going to say with Rotom-Frost actually, because NP and Bolt/Beam speaks for itself. Take a look at the meta and tell me what takes that. It's very glass cannon-esque though.

:SS/Rotom-Fan:

Rotom-Fan is by no surprise the worst Rotom form, and it does not help that we also have Thundurus-I and Thundurus-T, as well as Zapdos. Everything you'd want Rotom-Fan to do, those do better. Is Rotom-F fun though? Absolutely. You can make them work for the same reasons Zapdos and Thundy work, which is why it is still good. Pokemon is supposed to be fun, and running Rotom-Fan and asserting your dominance is much more fun than winning with Thundy or Zap.

tldr; Rotom forms have amazing coverage while having great defensive utility and advantages that make them a nuisance to remove, which aid in their ability to be an offensive threat. Think Thundurus-T.

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
:SS/Rotom-Wash:

Rotom-Wash has perfect coverage into the meta against anything that isn't a Grass-type. Ground-types which would otherwise bother an Electric-type get nuked by Water Hyper Voice. Steelix and Lando-T are among the best mons right now, and Rotom-W puts both the blender offensively and defensively. It is also fantastic into other popular mons like Entei or Gyarados. Hydro Pump is still very viable, but the extra damage is not entirely necessary currently. I'll take the 100% accuracy in this instance, but Hydro Pump is a very viable choice still.

:SS/Rotom-Heat:

Alright, so take the near perfect coverage Rotom-W has and get it as close to perfect as you can and you get Rotom-Heat. It nukes everything that Rotom-W does including Ferrothorn, though it cannot OHKO Lando-T like Rotom-W can. It's also the best defensive answer to Tapu Koko and is amazing defensively into Entei without Stone-Edge or is choice-locked. Other notable mons it has good defensive and offensive MU's into include Kartana, Rillaboom, and Thundurus. It threatens serious damage or an OHKO to all of those.
Haven't tried out the other Rotom forms, but I can 100% vouch that offensive Rotom-W and Rotom-H are really good. Especially paired with an offensive Fighting-type like Lucario or Terrakion, these things can be insanely hard to beat. Rotom-H is especially good because it resists the STAB moves of both Thundy-T and Tapu Koko, who are quite possibly the two best offensive Pokemon in the meta.

ponchlake

I wanna make some nominations/changes for the Viability Rankings.

:ss/Rotom-Wash: :SS/Rotom-Heat:

I think Rotom-W should go into A+ tier or at the very least A tier. It has great versatility and can fill just about any role your team needs. The defensive utility paired with its ability to also threaten you offensively even without investment is part of what makes it so good in Revelationmons. Scarf Rotom-W is starting to catch on because of the great speed-tier and deadly STAB combination. Water-type Discharge is also incredibly good and can turn MU's around. Rotom-H should go into A tier or A- tier for the same reasons. It trades some of the defensive MU's that Rotom-W has, but makes up for it by having a much better offensive MU's.

:ss/Blissey:

I think Blissey can go down into B+ or B tier. The current trend of the meta does not favor Blissey. Typically teams want defensive options that can cover both physical and special attacks with either mixed bulk or good typing. Ferrothorn, Rotom forms, Corviknight, etc. Blissey just lacks the defensive typing for the meta right now.

:ss/Slowbro:

Slowbro should be S tier in my opinion. It has incredible versatility in its STAB options, and the amount of different move-sets you can run to tailor to your team makes this as splashable as, if not more than, Lando-T. Take a look at the tier's VR rankings and you'll see just how many busted mons are kept in check by Slowbro.

:ss/Aegislash: :ss/Zarude:

Both of these can go into B tier, as I think they were hurt the most by the restriction of CC. They are still good, but I think there's less reason now to run them over other strong options like Terrakion or Lycanroc-Dusk.

:ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Steelix:

Both of these should go into A+ tier. Ferrothorn is probably the best mixed defensive option in the tier, and like Slowbro, it has an annoying amount of good sets. Knock Off, Gyro Ball, or Body Press are all amazing moves, and they can fit whatever typing your team needs. Spikes is amazing in this tier, and you also have the option of running Iron Defense. Steelix has Lando-T levels of role-compression this tier. Like Ferro, it doubles as a physical and special tank from it's amazing typing and insane physical bulk, allowing you to safely invest in SpDef. Smack Down makes Steelix one of the most potent offensive threats in the game when it utilizes Ground Body Press. It's also always going to get Rocks up on you as well.

:SS/Rillaboom: :SS/Tapu Bulu: :SS/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

Rillaboom to A tier. Tapu Bulu to A- or B+. Urshifu-Rapid to A tier. Grassy Terrain recovery is some of the best support you can provide your team. It weakens EQ, which is very common, and it gives your walls like Ferrothorn or Steelix incredible sustainability. Rillaboom with Grassy Glide is one of the best revenge killers in the tier, and it helps keeps things like Terrakion, Zygaarde-10, and Rain teams in check. It has hard counters in the tier, making it fairly balanced, but still incredibly good at what it does and it's very healthy for the tier. Tapu Bulu lacks Grassy Glide, but has much more favorable defensive MU's, notably walling Zygarde-10. Bulu has one of the best SD sets in the tier due to its great bulk and typing, letting it set up on common defensive mons. Scarf is also amazing at revenge killing since Wood Hammer chunks, and you now have a reliable fairy STAB. Urshifu is one of the best pivots in the meta right now, as it is amazing at luring in common defensive checks such as Slowbro or Rotom-W. The scarf set is a nightmare for offensive teams, and the band set is similarly a nuisance for slower/bulkier teams. It is a great revenge killer like Bulu, as well as a great breaker with decent defensive utility like Bulu.

Last edited:

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
obligatory personal opinion, not the council's

I wanted to take the time to nominate a few Pokemon for either rank changes, additions, or removals. Since this is a complilation of them I don't have much to support these, but playing the tier a little should help you understand why I feel this way with all of these Pokemon. Current rank on the left, my nominations on the right. Click the Pokemon for sample sets.

RISES

ㅤㅤA :ss/thundurus-therian: S (or ban)
The literal strongest Pokemon in the tier. You have to prepare for this, otherwise you will get steamrolled (and good luck checking it early game, it has no one true reliable counter past itself!). From STABs that can poison, Nasty Plot, U-Turn/Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, and more, it is incredibly overbearing to both figure out its set and its moves. I'd even go so far to say that its stronger than Tapu Koko, who is widely regarded as one of the most consistent and versatile pivots in the tier for its customisation and output. To top it all off it gets Volt Absorb, which, while usually isn't too big a deal, in Revelationmons so many top Pokemon use Electric-type moves, allowing for Thundurus to simply punish it and possibly even decide a game then and there. If this doesn't go soon, then it should easily be S tier.

A :ss/heatran: S-
The de-facto stallbreaker and role compression Pokemon. While it seems like Heatran doesn't benefit much from Revelationmons, this is hilariously far from true. Rather, it allows for Heatran to become a multi-purpose Pokemon, like a check to Fairy-types like Tapu Lele and Clefable, or a Body Press cleaner that beats Corviknight and, Skarmory, and can threaten Slowbro with Power Herb variants, on top of its already stellar regular sets. Quite literally the only problem this Pokemon has is the speed tier, and even that isn't the worst.

A :ss/Ferrothorn: A+
ponchlake outlined why it's so good now, so I won't go into detail. Generally, it's the best Spiker in the tier and threatens a wide range of Pokemon with Iron Barbs, Leech Seed, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave. I personally don't view it as the strongest Body Press user ever, but the option is there for you to use too.

A- :ss/Lycanroc-Dusk: A
Still one of the top breakers in the tier despite the Close Combat restrict. It has the choice of Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, or Thrash for STAB, and Close Combat is still a top move on it for its ability to shred even Steelix if played properly. Accelerock is also an amazing move to have in pretty much every game.

C- :ss/Weavile: A
This Pokemon already had the tools to threaten most of the tier, but now that's cranked up to eleven. It's very similar to how it performs in standard OU, but the addition of STAB Double-Edge and the ability to use Dark Ice Shard or Triple Axel and Ice Beat Up and Knock Off just makes Weavile that much harder to deal with in practice.

B :ss/steelix: A
Really strong Pokemon in the meta currently thanks to Ground-type Body Press. It does lack reliable recovery and is exploitable on the Special side, but otherwise is really strong. It's also the most consistent answer to the Electric-types in the tier, as not even Adamant Luxray can threaten to 2HKO Steelix without a critical hit, 3 Spikes on the field, or noticeable prior chip.

B- :ss/rotom-wash: A-
Great utility mon that somehow has gone under the radar for so long. It serves a variety of niches like a Defogger, pivot, Ground-type check, Choice Scarfer, cleaner, and more. Pain Split also keeps it healthy enough to keep it going over the course of the game for more defensive checks, while Trick ruins any and all defensive teams. It's not like Dragon-types don't fear it either, as all of them barring Dracozolt fear either Paralysis or Volt Switch chunking them before going to another partner like Heatran or Ferrothorn.

B- :ss/kyurem: A-
Same old Kyurem from the OU days. It's slightly worse, but the difference is so pathetic you won't notice it in 95% of games. DD sets now get better Ice-type STABs though, although Icicle Spear is still a decent option.

UR :ss/barraskewda: B+
Barraskewda, while decently unexplored since its unban, is still incredibly good at being a rain abuser. From Close Combat to Flip Turn to Psychic Fangs and Crunch to the choices of STAB of Double-Edge, Thrash, and Liquidation, it is very hard to deal with it before you know what set it is running. While it is not as abusable as when it had STAB Close Combat, it is still a strong enough threat that it needs to be at least partially considered in the teambuilder which is not always common when it comes to rain. Just be careful of Gastrodon.

UR :ss/hydreigon: B+
Another unranked threat, although I'd personally not put this higher than B+ because of the state of the tier. It's an incredibly strong Nasty Plot Pokemon with options for Choice Item, AoA, and Defog sets, but the main aspect of it is the incredibly powerful STAB options it now gets access to. Levitate also means that it checks Pokemon like non-Steel Storm Heatran, Entei, and Landorus-Therian.

C :ss/tornadus-therian: B+
How is this C?! While Tornadus doesn't get a major buff in Revelationmons outside of an actual physical STAB and a more reliable special STAB, its role as both a RegenVest pivot and a Defogger cannot go unnoticed, especially for a Pokemon who can scare Tapu Koko with Sludge Bomb if it so chooses to. It still has the same issues as other Flying-types, but its utility and unsuspecting damage output really make it much better than just C tier. If you've ever used this Pokemon for even a decent amount of time, you'll understand exactly why I think this way.

UR :ss/rotom-heat: B
Still a great utility Pokemon and attacker, but with a slightly worse defensive typing compared to its counterpart. However, it does have one defensive niche - It completely soft counters unboosted Thundurus-Therian and Tapu Koko, which no other Pokemon can boast. It also has good offensive output, although the lack of a high BP STAB outside of Overheat isn't all that desirable.

UR :ss/luxray: B
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/revelationmons.3692297/page-6#post-9253619

UR :ss/rotom-mow: C+ | UR :ss/rotom-frost: C
Niche picks that functions as really nice Choice Scarf Pokemon while still having the boons of the other Rotom formes. Rotom-Mow has the benefit of not being weak to Stealth Rock and a nice nuke move, while Rotom-Frost has near-perfect STAB coverage. Both can run other sets too, but are less reliable and require more support to function. It's also worth mentioning that both can run Choice Specs sets effectively too, unlike their counterparts, but again require more support to function.

DROPS

A+ https://pokepast.es/e714e8fdda14cd9e:ss/skarmory: A-ㅤ
Lumping them together because they have the same issues in practice. Quite simply, the metagame does not like either of these two Pokemon defensively, with Choice Band breakers like Urshifu just completely disregarding their bulk and 2HKOing without a care in the world. It's not like they're uncommon either, because there's 8 checks in just A- and above. It's gotten so bad that its almost comical if there aren't at least 2 Pokemon on your team that somewhat threaten these two. Their utility is what keeps them at A- respectively for me.

A+ :ss/blissey: B
I cannot state how much of a momentum drain this Pokemon is. Past being the "best" Special wall in the tier, this Pokemon literally does nothing that other Pokemon can do better. Its lack of a proper offensive stat means that it invites in threats like Garchomp, Tapu Koko, and Hydreigon for free, while it has to choose between paralysing Ground-type or Ghost-type Pokemon respectively. It's completely limited to bulkier teams as a blanket Special check, and rarely some balance teams.

A :ss/aegislash: A-
The loss of Steel Close Combat hurt Aegislash slightly, along with metagame shifts making it harder to effectively use Aegislash. It's still incredibly powerful, just harder to abuse now.

B+ :ss/zarude:C+
I can't say the same about Zarude though. The loss of STAB Close Combat absolutely shafts Zarude and now it lacks one reliable STAB, either via damage or accuracy. Now, its about as good as the rest of the B-/C+ Pokemon.

B :ss/mimikyu: C
It's just not that desirable? Like in practice it's fine but I've never thought to myself that Mimikyu fits on a WIP team instinctively or that I wished that I had it on my team at any point. It also just doesn't do too much in the current meta that other Pokemon can't do.​

Last edited:

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
I wanna make some nominations/changes for the Viability Rankings.

:ss/Rotom-Wash: :SS/Rotom-Heat:

I think Rotom-W should go into A+ tier or at the very least A tier. It has great versatility and can fill just about any role your team needs. The defensive utility paired with its ability to also threaten you offensively even without investment is part of what makes it so good in Revelationmons. Scarf Rotom-W is starting to catch on because of the great speed-tier and deadly STAB combination. Water-type Discharge is also incredibly good and can turn MU's around. Rotom-H should go into A tier or A- tier for the same reasons. It trades some of the defensive MU's that Rotom-W has, but makes up for it by having a much better offensive MU's.

:ss/Slowbro:

Slowbro should be S tier in my opinion. It has incredible versatility in its STAB options, and the amount of different move-sets you can run to tailor to your team makes this as splashable as, if not more than, Lando-T. Take a look at the tier's VR rankings and you'll see just how many busted mons are kept in check by Slowbro.

:ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Steelix:

Both of these should go into A+ tier. Ferrothorn is probably the best mixed defensive option in the tier, and like Slowbro, it has an annoying amount of good sets. Knock Off, Gyro Ball, or Body Press are all amazing moves, and they can fit whatever typing your team needs. Spikes is amazing in this tier, and you also have the option of running Iron Defense. Steelix has Lando-T levels of role-compression this tier. Like Ferro, it doubles as a physical and special tank from it's amazing typing and insane physical bulk, allowing you to safely invest in SpDef. Smack Down makes Steelix one of the most potent offensive threats in the game when it utilizes Ground Body Press. It's also always going to get Rocks up on you as well.
obligatory personal opinion, not the council's

I wanted to take the time to nominate a few Pokemon for either rank changes, additions, or removals. Since this is a complilation of them I don't have much to support these, but playing the tier a little should help you understand why I feel this way with all of these Pokemon. Current rank on the left, my nominations on the right. Click the Pokemon for sample sets.

RISES

ㅤㅤA :ss/thundurus-therian: S (or ban)
The literal strongest Pokemon in the tier. You have to prepare for this, otherwise you will get steamrolled (and good luck checking it early game, it has no one true reliable counter past itself!). From STABs that can poison, Nasty Plot, U-Turn/Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, and more, it is incredibly overbearing to both figure out its set and its moves. I'd even go so far to say that its stronger than Tapu Koko, who is widely regarded as one of the most consistent and versatile pivots in the tier for its customisation and output. To top it all off it gets Volt Absorb, which, while usually isn't too big a deal, in Revelationmons so many top Pokemon use Electric-type moves, allowing for Thundurus to simply punish it and possibly even decide a game then and there. If this doesn't go soon, then it should easily be S tier.

A :ss/heatran: S-
The de-facto stallbreaker and role compression Pokemon. While it seems like Heatran doesn't benefit much from Revelationmons, this is hilariously far from true. Rather, it allows for Heatran to become a multi-purpose Pokemon, like a check to Fairy-types like Tapu Lele and Clefable, or a Body Press cleaner that beats Corviknight and, Skarmory, and can threaten Slowbro with Power Herb variants, on top of its already stellar regular sets. Quite literally the only problem this Pokemon has is the speed tier, and even that isn't the worst.

A :ss/Ferrothorn: A+
ponchlake outlined why it's so good now, so I won't go into detail. Generally, it's the best Spiker in the tier and threatens a wide range of Pokemon with Iron Barbs, Leech Seed, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave. I personally don't view it as the strongest Body Press user ever, but the option is there for you to use too.

A- :ss/Lycanroc-Dusk: A
Still one of the top breakers in the tier despite the Close Combat restrict. It has the choice of Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, or Thrash for STAB, and Close Combat is still a top move on it for its ability to shred even Steelix if played properly. Accelerock is also an amazing move to have in pretty much every game.

C- :ss/Weavile: A
This Pokemon already had the tools to threaten most of the tier, but now that's cranked up to eleven. It's very similar to how it performs in standard OU, but the addition of STAB Double-Edge and the ability to use Dark Ice Shard or Triple Axel and Ice Beat Up and Knock Off just makes Weavile that much harder to deal with in practice.

B :ss/steelix: A
Really strong Pokemon in the meta currently thanks to Ground-type Body Press. It does lack reliable recovery and is exploitable on the Special side, but otherwise is really strong. It's also the most consistent answer to the Electric-types in the tier, as not even Adamant Luxray can threaten to 2HKO Steelix without a critical hit, 3 Spikes on the field, or noticeable prior chip.

B- :ss/rotom-wash: A-
Great utility mon that somehow has gone under the radar for so long. It serves a variety of niches like a Defogger, pivot, Ground-type check, Choice Scarfer, cleaner, and more. Pain Split also keeps it healthy enough to keep it going over the course of the game for more defensive checks, while Trick ruins any and all defensive teams. It's not like Dragon-types don't fear it either, as all of them barring Dracozolt fear either Paralysis or Volt Switch chunking them before going to another partner like Heatran or Ferrothorn.

UR :ss/hydreigon: B+
Another unranked threat, although I'd personally not put this higher than B+ because of the state of the tier. It's an incredibly strong Nasty Plot Pokemon with options for Choice Item, AoA, and Defog sets, but the main aspect of it is the incredibly powerful STAB options it now gets access to. Levitate also means that it checks Pokemon like non-Steel Storm Heatran, Entei, and Landorus-Therian.

UR :ss/rotom-heat: B
Still a great utility Pokemon and attacker, but with a slightly worse defensive typing compared to its counterpart. However, it does have one defensive niche - It completely soft counters unboosted Thundurus-Therian and Tapu Koko, which no other Pokemon can boast. It also has good offensive output, although the lack of a high BP STAB outside of Overheat isn't all that desirable.

UR :ss/luxray: B
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/revelationmons.3692297/page-6#post-9253619

UR :ss/rotom-mow: C+ | UR :ss/rotom-frost: C
Niche picks that functions as really nice Choice Scarf Pokemon while still having the boons of the other Rotom formes. Rotom-Mow has the benefit of not being weak to Stealth Rock and a nice nuke move, while Rotom-Frost has near-perfect STAB coverage. Both can run other sets too, but are less reliable and require more support to function. It's also worth mentioning that both can run Choice Specs sets effectively too, unlike their counterparts, but again require more support to function.

DROPS

A :ss/aegislash: A-
The loss of Steel Close Combat hurt Aegislash slightly, along with metagame shifts making it harder to effectively use Aegislash. It's still incredibly powerful, just harder to abuse now.

B+ :ss/zarude:C+
I can't say the same about Zarude though. The loss of STAB Close Combat absolutely shafts Zarude and now it lacks one reliable STAB, either via damage or accuracy. Now, its about as good as the rest of the B-/C+ Pokemon.​
I agree with all of what Clastia and Ponchlake said despite them taking all these noms away from me and I do wanna add that Hydreigon is super fun and I recommend everyone give it a shot.

I would also like to add on a nomination myself:

UR ---> B-/B
I wanna be conservative with this nomination mainly because Nihilego was brought up as a Thundurus-Therian check when I was first getting into this OM. I found out that while it doesn't check it that well (Electric STAB still hurts especially at +2), it does provide a nice win condition not weak to Entei's FireSpeed. Being able to wallbreak or outspeed everything with its ability helps to steamroll the opponent as well. I like to pair it with things like Lele and boost its Spe so that stuff like Ground Speed Zydog doesn't revenge kill thanks to the Psychic Terrain support.

ponchlake

UR ---> B-/B
I wanna be conservative with this nomination mainly because Nihilego was brought up as a Thundurus-Therian check when I was first getting into this OM. I found out that while it doesn't check it that well (Electric STAB still hurts especially at +2), it does provide a nice win condition not weak to Entei's FireSpeed. Being able to wallbreak or outspeed everything with its ability helps to steamroll the opponent as well. I like to pair it with things like Lele and boost its Spe so that stuff like Ground Speed Zydog doesn't revenge kill thanks to the Psychic Terrain support.
On the topic of Nihilego (Or Ultra Beasts as a whole)

:ss/Shuckle: :SS/Ribombee: :SS/Accelgor:

I think any one of these three should be put on the VR ranking. I think Shuckle can arbitrary be put in C or B tier so long as its ranked. This is more a ranking for Sticky Webs, which has started to catch on lately. Shuckle is the best of the three in my opinion due to also being able to get up Stealth Rocks, but each of them have their own niches I feel. I say on the topic of Ultra Beasts, because as it turns out Ultra Beasts under webs is kinda cracked (Nihilego, Kartana, Celesteela) . Offensive Rotom forms also thrive under webs as well among several other things. Webs seems like fun archetype at the moment, allowing you to use some potentially unorthodox offensive sets.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Your Revelationmons council is hard at work in preparation for our OMotM ladder, and we did a thing.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian is banned from Revelationmons!
Quick Ban...UTDiscordual Duckyponchlake Clastia kennukem Total
Thunderous-TBANDNBBANBANBANBAN5-1 BAN

Thunderous-T benefits tremendously from having a reliable STAB move, usually in the form of Sludge Bomb. Given the nearly-perfect coverage between Flying and Electric, it could run dangerous double dance or powerful Choice Specs sets. The list of reliable special walls in Revelationmons is concerningly short, and given its immunity to Thunder Wave, it is even hard for Blissey to put a stop to its rampage. Given its high power, ability to both wallbreak and clean, and unreliability of its normal counterplay, the council has elected to quick ban it!

Other things high on our watch list as the ladder begins: Tapu Broko and Extreme Speed.

Happy laddering!

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
Was planned to be out before the hotpatch, but that happened before I even got on today. However, I'm able to announce something new.

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ The Revelationmons Set Compendium! <- Click the text
This compendium contains the viable sets of each and every ranked (and potentially ranked) Pokemon for the format. The entire set compendium is listed by the VR listings, so scroll down to each part if you can't find your wanted Pokemon. Is a set not in here? Argue for why it should be! This isn't perfect by any means, rather just a guideline to help you build and prepare teams. Perhaps a Pokemon that is secretly usable isn't in here, or a set, or even a simple move choice! Hopefully soon this will also be integrated into the VR itself, so if you prefer it in a layout like AAA did, then we'll have that covered too.

Shoutouts to Ducky, ponchlake, kennukem, Schpoonman, and the others that helped with the creation of this compendium, as this took a lot of work over the past month to create.

Happy laddering!

On simulator at least flying type flying press squares the type effectiveness chart. I expect this to be wholly useless information but you never know.

(Not able to test on cart; supposedly normalize flying press is 1/4x against rock and steel, but no idea if doubled up flying type works the same way.)

Looks like future sight stays psychic type. Is this the expected behaviour? Would have loved water type future sight slowbro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)