Status
Not open for further replies.

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor

Spreadsheet | Replays | Round 1 | Round 2 | Semifinals
Thanks to Ticken for the spreadsheet!

Introduction

Retro Cup of Pokémon features all tiers absent from the World Cup of Pokémon. That means this year, it will be an RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU and SM OU tournament. Each national team is required to have 7 players, plus exactly 4 substitutes. This tournament will feature 16 teams in the first round, with team formation and qualification priority given to RCoP 2022 qualifiers, followed by WCoP teams that were not in RCoP, followed by completely new teams (that aren't supernations/rest-of-the-world). The latter rest of the world will only be allowed if there are less than 16 teams. Qualifying rounds will be created if there are more than 16 entrants, in a similar way to WCoP. For the first round, players will be randomly assigned into 4 groups of 4 for each generation (×7), with the top 8 teams with the most wins collected proceeding. The seeding tiebreak will be the highest-ranking points (6 points for sole 1st, 4 points for sole 2nd and 2 points for sole 3rd, shared between spots if necessary) within the group, just like WCoP and then randomization as the secondary tiebreak. The qualifying rounds and round 2 matches onward will be full 7 vs 7 man matchups. RBY OU will be first-to-2-wins, (best of 3 excluding ties), while the rest will be first-to-1-win.

Oceania (1) vs (4) Canada

RBY: Ortheore vs Genesis7
GSC: j3b4it33d vs Celebiii
ADV: Jimothy Cool vs Colteor
DPP: Stallion vs Elfuseon
BW: mad dawg vs Kristyl
ORAS: baconeatinassassin vs Always!
SM: Snowy vs Skypenguin

France (4) vs (1) Italy

RBY: BIHI vs Heroic Troller
GSC: Thildema vs Amaranth
ADV: Carkoala vs hellpowna
DPP: SFG vs nightcore
BW: Shoka vs Raiza
ORAS: BlazingDark vs Punny
SM: Welli0u vs Empo

Oceania (0) vs (0) Canada

RBY: Ortheore vs Genesis7
GSC: j3b4it33d vs Celebiii
ADV: Jimothy Cool vs Colteor
DPP: Stallion vs Elfuseon
BW: mad dawg vs Kristyl
ORAS: baconeatinassassin vs Always!
SM: Snowy vs Skypenguin

France (0) vs (0) Italy

RBY: BIHI vs Heroic Troller
GSC: Thildema vs Amaranth
ADV: Carkoala vs hellpowna
DPP: SFG vs nightcore
BW: Shoka vs Raiza
ORAS: BlazingDark vs Punny
SM: Welli0u vs Empo

Deadline: Sunday 7th of August11:59pm CDT

Last edited by a moderator:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pretty bummed for us to be eliminated, especially given that in every match we lost except for mine, we had some pretty rotten luck. This could easily have been different with a few friendly rng rolls. But that's Pokemon for you, congrats to Canada for making the finals.

I'm pretty stoked that we went from missing playoffs to the #1 seed in the span of a season with a lot of the same players, it's a testament to how hard everyone has worked and improved in that span. You were a great bunch of people to team with this year and there are some seriously strong players in our midst. It makes me nostalgic and reminds me of Oceania's glory days from my youth haha. And a big thank you to mad dawg for being an incredible and supportive captain, the culture isn't what it is this year without your leadership!

On a personal note, even though 4-1 is a very good record, I'm still beating myself up for not SRing on a key turn in my match vs Elfuseon, had I made that very obvious play the game would've come down to needing a single Jirachi Iron Head flinch. But on the whole, I'm proud of how well I did. However, that definitely wouldn't have been possible without the insane support provided by eden and BluBirD - you two are the goats for putting in so much time helping despite not even being Oceanian lmao. And a huge thanks to j3b4it33d for playing a stupid amount of tests with me - I abandoned many a wild team idea because of tests with you haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)