Gen 3 Retiring my team

I been playing this team for quite a while, and it's done really well most of the time. However, it's time to move on to another team, as I've been using this one for a couple months already.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Band ** Cheshire
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 Spd / 52 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Explosion
- Fire Punch
- Focus Punch
- Sludge Bomb

This guy's awesome, and it surprises my opponents. Sludge bomb OHKOs ludicolos, sceptiles and deals massive damage to other things that aren't resistant. Focus Punch OHKOs many blisseys and snorlax.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** Scrapmetal
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 192 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute

Yeah it's a skarm =/.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers ** Halo
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd / 108 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

Best resttalker IMO, it counters tyranitar and salamence, and handles swamperts which the rest of my team can't deal with too well.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** Orpheus
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute

One of my favorites. I usually keep him hidden until I've seen their team. Bring it in on a slower thing like Suicune, sub if they switch, and wreak havoc. Leech seed on a weezing with a sub up will stall it out until it pain splits, which is when I start punching.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Daedalus
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 140 HP / 96 Atk / 126 Def / 8 Spd / 140 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

I like this guy better than blissey, cuz it can aactually attack. Double edge's extra power helps a lot.

Claydol @ Leftovers ** Idolatry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 96 Atk / 72 Def / 12 Spd / 156 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Spinner + rock resist. HP fire hits forretress as well as skarmory, while ice beam still lets it kill salamence.

The biggest problem is celebi, both calm mind and leech seed. claydol can stall out the LS ones unless it giga drains, but hitting it wiht sludge bomb on the switch, I can't kill it reliably.

I recommend hp electric on claydol, because gyarados with hydro pump or magneton could really hurt your team.

Milotic likes max/near HP.

imo max HP on Claydol, and more def (otherwise you might have tar problems). I also went with (+sp def -spd) because i like more evened out defenses. Also around 200-210 Sp Atk stat would be sufficient imo.

Also the only real sweeper i see on this team is CBgar. imo Breloom is kinda the weak link and should be replaced by someone who can deal damage.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah Celebi looks like a big problem for you. Breloom screams for Celebi to switch in. You could try HP Bug but then you'll lose Substitute which forces you back into Sky Uppercut. Not necessarily a bad thing but it makes dealing with Gengar and other Breloom switch ins a bit more annoying... and also gives Dugtrio a better opening.

What you need the most here is something that in general will switch into Celebi and scare it off which unfortunately there's not much that can do that. Tyranitar is solid at doing this barring any Giga Drains or HP Bug/Fighting. If you wanted to leave your team as is I suppose you could try to add in Explosion on Claydol or Selfdestruct on Snorlax. Not the most reliable way of getting rid of Celebi but at least they could switch in and get rid of it on the Leech Seed/Calm Mind. Other option again is HP Bug on Breloom.

Not much else to add to that besides maybe watch out for the old school Boah which could do some damage in the right situations. Overall it's pretty solid.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Milotic should have max HP before dumping evs into Defense. No Sp Def evs is necessary since it already has nice special sponging capabilities with 390ish HP and 286 sp def, and it's not going to be absorbing T-bolts, either.

Snorlax: I prefer more HP and Defense and less attack and sp def, since people are most likely going to bash lax with physical moves, and a STABed D-Edge does more than enough damage even without a boost from Curse. 308 sp def is enough.

As for the best way to fend off against Celebi imo, is giving Skarmory Rest > Substitute...Substitute only gives a temporary protection, and for your case, rejuvination from Rest would allow Skarmory to take much more hits and wear the team down with Spikes. Celebi wouldn't be able to dispatch Skarmory as easily, and would be effective in weakening the grass for an appropriate kill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)