Gen 3 Reinvent the wheel?

I wanted to revamp my whole team and ended up with this. Not really sure it will work. Any opinions to make it better? (RMT)

Umbreon @ Lefties
Bold
EV: 4hp/ 252def/ 252 sdef
Ability: Synchronize
Calm mind
Baton pass
HP flying
Faint attack

Scizor @ Lefties
Jolly
EV: 112 hp/ 252 spd /144 spdef
Ability: swarm
silver wind
slash
swords dance
false swipe ???

Metagross@ lefties
EV: 132 hp/ 252satt / 126 sp
Ability: Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Psychic
EQ
Thunderpunch ???

Dragonite@LEFTIES
Modest
EV: 4hp/ 252 satt/ 252 spd
Ability: Inner Focus
Surf
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

Crobat
Careful
Ev: 252hp/ 252sdef/ 4spd
Ability: Inner Focus
Toxic
Haze
aerial ace
confuse ray

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Immunity
Careful / Impish
EV: 252 Hp/ 252 def/ 4 sdef
Substitute
Focus punch
Rest
Shadow Ball / Curse?

This is just my advice, try out other items on your Pokemon then leftovers. Leftovers is good for tanks and strong defense in general Pokemon, and it's also good on Pokemon in specific situations, but try out other items. Such as Choice Scarf for example. Just an example though. Life orb, Razor Fang, etc. Just my opinion though.

Uh, none of those items exist in Advance. <_<;

In Advance you've basically got the choice of Leftovers and Choice band as reliable items, plus a handful of decent 'hax' items.

I know, I'm talking about if he migrates this team to D/P he may want to change the items. Other then that, the team looks good for R/S/E/FR/LG competitive gameplay.

Well, i've never tried these movesets , and leftovers is like the old stand-by. As for migrating to DP this team won't , I'll breed a new team for that just because I think that sort of thing is fun (though alot of extra work).

I know, I'm talking about if he migrates this team to D/P he may want to change the items. Other then that, the team looks good for R/S/E/FR/LG competitive gameplay.
but there really wasn't a need to bring that up if he's posting an ADV team. also there's plenty of stuff in this that would prevent it from being "good", no offence <_<

anyway, team rate

Umbreon - Have mean look up there somewhere, possibly over HP Flying. It's used commonly as a strat with Umbreon, and it won't particularly be doing much damaging anyway. For that reason you can do over his other attack with Wish for team support, but beware Gyarados/Boah or anyone with Taunt.

Scizor - Why false swipe? Scizor can also BP, so you could use that to pass SDs or agilities. Consider Brick Break or HP Rock over Slash to help with coverage.

Metagross - Looks okay, though I've never really been a fan of mixed Metagross. You could go CB Explosion and pick a special sweeper for another slot (preferrably over Scizor)

Dragonite - Boltbeam is sufficient coverage (the only thing notable that Surf and Flamethrower will hit w/ boltbeam is Magneton and Lanturn). I'd suggest Earthquake and Focus Punch (for bliss) in the other two slots, and add a bit more EVs to that monster attack stat of his.

Crobat - I've never been a fan of annoyers myself, and they tend to be horribly impractical. I would suggest Weezing over this, as it can Haze with a much higher defence stat, and can also WoW, which is for the most part a better status condition than toxic.

Snorlax - I'd suggest you keep Curselax hidden until about the end of the match. For that reason, add quite a bit more SpD to his EVs (you don't have a special wall, remember) and get rid of Substitute for Return. Focus Punch isn't too much of an issue for Snorlax if it's going to be your finisher, and for that reason I'd suggest EQ.

I would have another special-disposed guy up there, tbqh. Suicune/Starmie are good options (the former acts as a physical/special tank, the latter can Rapid Spin), and both would benefit a lot from Umbreon's CMPassing. If you want to place more faith in Umbreon's CMs, you could lower the SpA EVs on some pokemon in favour of speed or HP EVs, though that probably isn't wise.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alright for starters Umbreon doesn't even learn Calm Mind. And even if it did I wouldn't recommend attacking at all with it. If you want to Baton Pass Calm Minds you're going to be best using Celebi who actually does learn it. When using CM/BP Celebi you have two options for an EV spread and a few options for the one move you have available to you. You can either do a solid defensive spread with a lot invested to survive a Cb Dugtrio HP Bug and even a CB Salamence HP Flying at full health or you can make Celebi faster than Salamence and company and set the speed above 300 to get the pass off. Considering this is a Calm Mind set you may prefer the bulkier version. Your move options then will be either Psychic, HP Grass or HP Fire depending on how well you handle Salamence, Tyranitar or Skarmory respectively. I'd probably use HP Grass but it's hard to say because both Salamence and Tyranitar hit this team really hard. The other 3 moves are obviously Calm Mind/Baton Pass/Recover.

I hate to throw a standard at you but you NEED something better for Tyranitar and Salamence and that means you need Swampert. Relaxed with 401 HP and 286 defense and the rest into special defense and maybe a slight bit into special attack (222 if you want to ohko the average Salamence). Pert has a lot of different move options so I'll leave that up to you but I highly recommend adding him to this team over Scizor or Crobat.

If you do keep Scizor don't even consider False Swipe.. that's a complete waste. Baton Pass would fit in great here if you decide you want it but that makes your team a bit redundant with two different attack boosting Baton Passers. Scizor could also do Endure/Reversal if you'd like. Swords Dance/Endure/Reversal with the last moving being Return or Silver Wind or HP Bug/Ghost/Rock @Salac. Scizor also gets Morning Sun through Pokemon XD so you could also try a bulkier set as well using Morning Sun. I know a lot of people (myself included) deal with Endure/Reversal pokemon by using Tyranitar's sandstream so if Skarmory is weak on my team Scizor can actually beat me.

Metagross is fine. Explosion is always an option but I think that's good as is with Thunderpunch. You might want to readjust the EVs a bit... I'm not sure if 252 in special attack is an optimal usage.

Dragonite is asking to get Calm Minds and then has nothing to do to Blissey when it switches in to eat all those special attacks. Get a physical attack on here... maybe even be as bold to do the SubPunching thing that I'm going to tell you to remove from Snorlax. Thunderbolt/Ice Beam give enough type coverage that you could spare the two slots for Sub and Focus Punch.

I think Crobat sucks as a Hazer and Weezing could do what it's trying to do 10x better. I also think Swampert would help you out a bit more.

SubPunch is alright on Snorlax.. sometimes it does work rather well but I think you'd be best off with a basic Curselax with Earthquake. If you do Earthquake you could consider Pursuit on Metagross to deal with Gengar better.

Ahhhhh!!!! I used a stupid faulty pokedex Faq that said Umbry learned CM. (Extraordinary frustration expressed here.) GRRRRRR!

Oh Well.
Like I said I'm trying to do something to mix things up , Pokes I haven't used extensively before (except Metagross and Draggy. But I need some stability) ,so.....

If I switch Scizor to my BPer

Scizor
EV ??
Silver wind
Agility
Sword Dance
Baton Pass

Sub punching Draggy Huh. Cool , that could be interesting.

As for Crobat I like him , but not the whole hazing thing. Not my favorite tactic in the world. So dropping him is no big deal. So I was thinking about switching in this Muk instead.

Muk
Sticky Hold

Sludge Bomb
Return
Fire Blast (Draggy will lose Flamethrower)
Explosion

OK Standard curselax seems to be the opinion. I'm assuming i'm only switching FP < EQ.
That said would it be redundant to keep EQ on Metagross? I love killing my friend's Houndoom with it.

A water poke is needed , cant believe I missed that. Think I could use a Kingdra instead of Swampert? (Used Swampert alot and looking for something diff. But if there's no way around it he's a great Poke.)

Quagsire puts a spin on swampert with its Water Absorb abilty and don't forget that Starmie is an awesome boltbeamer although you shouldn't really kick swampert to the curb just yet:

Swampert
Torrent
Surf
EQ
IceBeam
MirrorCoat(For Leafblade and Giga Drain Mostly)

You probably already used this setup like a million times but hey, 'don't fix what ain't broke'. Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)