Pet Mod ReGeneration [Slate 9: Raticate, Kangaskhan, Farfetch’d]

:ss/Gengar:
Pokemon: Gengar
Typing:

Abilities: Ectovore
Custom Ability: If the foe has a non-volatile status condition, drain 1/16 of the foe's max HP at the end of each turn
Stats: 100 / 90 / 60 / 100 / 60 / 90 [BST: 500]
Movepool Changes:
+ Jumpscare
- Nasty Plot​
Signature Move:
|
| PP: 16 | BP: 80 | Accuracy: 100% | 30% chance to paralyze the target
Description: Clicks Will-O-Wisp, ggs
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Ectovore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Substitute

Last edited:
:sv/gengar:
Pokémon: Gengar
Type: Ghost | Normal
New Ability
: Mischievous
If the user is hit by a move, it will inflict the attacker with the Torment effect. (30% if the effect is broken)

New Stats
HP - 60
Atk - 120
Def - 70
SpA - 95
SpD - 95
Spe - 110
BST: 550

Move Changes
- add Normal moves: Copycat
- add Ground move: Spikes
add Ghost move: Shadow Sneak
- remove Poison moves: Acid Spray, Venoshock, Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave
- remove Ghost move: Poltergeist
- add signature move: Bereft [Base Power: 100; PP: 10; Type: Normal; Info: Contact, Physical. User replaces its Normal type with a target's typing. If the target has more than one type, choose one of them. User regains Normal type after switching out.]
- note: If the signature move is too difficult to code, just copy the target's primary type.

Description:
1) Flavour
Rumour has it Gengar and Clefable are closely related to each other; shape wise, they look very similar to each other. Some fans think Gengar represent a dead version of Clefable. Since Ghost and Normal can't hit each other, it would make sense for Gengar to be a foil to Clefable. After all, between gen 1 and 5, Clefable was a pure Normal type.
This strange mix of similarity and difference reminds me of Freud's uncanny. One part of this literary concept explores the boundaries of animate and inanimate, human and non human, life and death. That's where the doppelganger motif comes into play. It's a symbol of repetition that will incite fear and dread within a person. The uncanny other, even if not harmful, is unsettling simply because the repetition exists when it shouldn't.
So, when you apply this idea to Gengar and Clefable, you would naturally ask the following questions: How is it that the dead Clefable exists when it shouldn't? What does its return to life mean? I wanted to explore and reference this idea. Hence why this Gengar is Ghost and Normal!

2) Competitive
- suicide lead: Explosion, Taunt, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes
- mixed attacker relying on status: Body Slam, Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Drain Punch / Pain Split
- can run a variety of other offensive sets, involving Trick for disruption; Spikes, Knock Off, and Explosion for pressure; or Shadow Sneak for revenge killing
- utility and mixed sets with Explosion are a call back to Gengar's set and role in gen 1-3 but executed a bit differently
- Gengar's new signature move Bereft gives it some defensive utility, allowing it to stay longer on the field and disrupt the opponent. For instance, Gengar could replace its Normal type with Electric if it faces Zapdos, thereby letting it tank its STAB moves more comfortably and giving it more turns to spread status or set hazards! Moreover, Normal Pokémon are known for having excellent coverage at the cost of having no effective STAB. But with Bereft, you can strategically plan which moves you want to give STAB.
- To further take advantage of the defensive utility the signature move provides, there's Gengar's signature Mischievous, which inflicts Torment! This synergizes very well with Substitute to take advantage of a move not being able to be used in a turn.
- Copycat is mostly for flavour but I'd be curious to see if this move could be considered at all. For instance, Gengar's resistance profile allows it to switch into Normal, Ghost, Fighting, and Bug moves. If Gengar switches into U-Turn, it can now copy this move to switch out, assuming the new target is slower. If Gengar switches into a Fighting move, perhaps, the opponent might switch out to a Pokémon resisting or being immune to Ghost moves and then get surprised by Copycat hitting the newly send out Pokémon for effective damage.
:sv/Haunter:
Pokémon: Haunter
New Ability
: Levitate | Cursed Body

New Stats
HP - 45
Atk - 105
Def - 55
SpA - 75
SpD - 75
Spe - 105
BST: 460

Move Changes
See Gengar

Description:
- Thanks to Levitate, Haunter can now switch into Ground moves. Eviolite and low bulk encourage it to run a more bulky spread, thereby allowing the player to fully experiment with this unique type combination from a more defensive angle, unlike Gengar which is more offensively inclinced.
- To give you an idea about Haunter's bulk, here are some calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Haunter: 104-123 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Haunter: 130-154 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-> With Will-O-Wisp, you can easily avoid a 2HKO, and you can regain your health with Pain Split. It's also possible to experiment with Bereft to have a better defensive profile!
:sv/Gastly:
Pokémon: Gastly
New Ability
: Levitate | Cursed Body

New Stats
HP - 30
Atk - 90
Def - 40
SpA - 55
SpD - 55
Spe - 80
BST: 350

Move Changes
See Gengar
:sv/Dragonite:
Pokémon: Dragonite
Type: Dragon | Electric
New Ability
: Tempestuous | Rain Dish
Gains the effect of Charge when replacing a fainted ally.

Stats
HP - 91
Atk - 134
Def - 85
SpA - 100
SpD - 100
Spe - 90
BST: 600

Move Changes
- add Electric moves: Rising Voltage, Parabolic Charge, Electric Terrain, Wild Charge
- remove all Fire moves but Sunny Day
- remove all Ice moves but Hail
- remove Dragon: Dragon Dance
- add signature move: Draco Storm [Base Power: 100; PP: 10; Type: Dragon; Info: Physical. Sets Rain if, and only if, the user moves after the target, like Payback]

Description:
1) Flavour
Dragonite and Dragonair can manipulate weather and naturally learn Electric moves. In TCG, their energy requirement often involve Lightning Energy. All of these reasons made me want to go for the secondary Electric type.

2) Competitive
- Dragon/Electric resists Grass and Electric, which is pretty much ideal for Rain teams to have. So, yes, it's supposed to be a main player on Rain.
- special set with Thunder and Hurricane
- physical and mixed sets are also possible
- Since Dragonite is so bulky and mainly intended for Rain, Rain Dish could be an interesting option. Especially if you opt for a more bulky offense approach. It synergizes with Wild Charge, and it mirrors Baxcalibur's Ice Body.
- With Tempestuous, Dragonite becomes more of a hit-and-run attacker. Though, it's definitely possible to benefit from the SpD boost to set up with Agility more easily, set Rain with Draco Storm, and then go crazy with Thunder, Hurricane, or Surf.
:sv/Dragonair:
Pokémon: Dragonite
New Ability

Stats
HP - 61
Atk - 84
Def - 55
SpA - 70
SpD - 70
Spe - 80
BST: 420

Move Changes
- add Electric moves: Rising Voltage, Parabolic Charge, Electric Terrain, Wild Charge
- add signature move: Draco Storm [Base Power: 100; PP: 10; Type: Dragon; Info: Physical. Sets Rain if, and only if, the user moves after the target, like Payback]
:sv/Dratini:
Pokémon: Dratini
New Ability

Stats
HP - 41
Atk - 64
Def - 35
SpA - 50
SpD - 50
Spe - 60
BST: 300

Move Changes

Last edited:
gengar literally should've been Dark type as soon as it was introduced i am fighting injustice on this day

:rb/gengar::gholdengo:
Name: Gengar
Typing: Ghost/Dark
Stats: 80/65/60/110/75/100 (490 BST I think)
Abilities: Erebus
Ability Description: When this Pokemon knocks out an opponent, their soul is claimed, transferring their ability to Gengar. This ability is replaced by the transferred ability. (Example- if Gengar knocks out a Pokemon with Moxie, Erebus is replaced with Moxie.)
New Moves: +Spine Chill, Freezing Glare
-Hypnosis, Thunder Wave
Spine Chill - 70 BP - Special - Ghost - 16 PP - 100% Accuracy
This move has a 100% chance to lower the Speed of the target.

Description: Not all Ghost types are evil! But with Gengar's Pokedex descriptions talking about stealing lives and quite literally saying "There is no escaping it. Give up.", I thought it appropriate to give it the Dark typing. The ability Erebus is a reference to both its soul-stealing capabilities and its Gigantamax form implied to be the gate to the afterlife, with Erebus being the entrance to Hades in Greek mythology.

Erebus as an actual ability is similar to Trace, but with the added caveat that it requires Gengar to knock out a Pokemon first essentially without an ability. But with Gengar's general wide coverage, once it does get an ability, it can easily become a lot stronger. Of course, the double edge of Erebus is that it's very possible that Gengar will get an ability that's not of much use to it.

The stat line is a less minmaxed version of Gengar's default one. Speed and SpA remain high, as I wanted to keep Gengar's essence as a fast special attacker befitting of an evil spirit that melts into shadows. The points taken out of Speed and SpA are put into HP, since the frailty of Gengar is what some people might call "unfortunate."

Spine Chill is based off of Gengar's Pokedex entries stating that it lowers the temperature around it when it appears, and is also a callback to everyone's favorite Gen 1 status affliction of paralysis (even though Gengar didn't get Thunder Wave in Gen 1, which I didn't know until I had already given it the move.) Also, defensive Gholdengo uses Thunder Wave, why shouldn't its counterpart?

also gengar gets skill swap which could be used for erebus shenanigans if you have clinical insanity

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Typing:

Abilities: Blackout | While this Pokemon is active, all held items are disabled.
Stats: 65 / 65 / 65 / 100 / 90 / 115
Movepool Changes:
+Blizzard, Focus Energy, Ice Beam​
- Focus Blast, Nasty Plot, Tera Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder​
+Avalanche, Ice Shard, Frost Breath, Powder Snow, Snowscape​
Signature Move: Ill Wind |
|
| BP: 100 | Acc: 100 | PP: 16 | Lowers the user's Sp. Atk by 1. Heals 25% of the damage done. Heals another 25% for each stage the user's Special Attack is lowered.​
Description: We don't have any good fast Ice-types (among other things), so I thought Gengar might be a good fit for that, with all its Pokedex entries mentioning how it chills its surroundings and all. Ghost+Ice is an amazing STAB combination, and it still has some of its original offensive stats, but its held back by its ability to run power-boosting items (it can still hold HDB since the ability would go off after when it would take hazard damage). However, its ability makes it unable to be outrun by scarf users and makes it harder for bulky Fires (when they exist) to switch into hazards. Ill (i L L) Wind is Make It Rain 2, with some healing epicness.

:ss/Alakazam:
Pokemon: Alakazam
Typing:

Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus / Omniscient
Custom Ability: Omniscient | If this Pokemon selects a move of the same type the opponent selected, disables the move the opponent selected at the start of the turn.
Stats: 55 / 65 / 55 / 135 / 125 / 70
Movepool Changes:
+Exploitation, U-turn​
- Focus Blast, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Thunder​
Signature Move: Exploitation |
|
| 65 | 100 | Doubles in power if the opponent is afflicted with Attract, Disable, Encore, Heal Block, Taunt, or Torment.
Description: I let Alakazam keep its massive Special Attack in exchange for most of its coverage and abysmal Speed. However, it can circumvent its low speed with its new ability. If the player can correctly predict an incoming Ghost or Dark move (Psychic, Normal, Fairy, or Electric too ig), it can stop the opponent from moving and hit them back with something. Otherwise it's just a really weird stallbreaker with Taunt+Exploitation.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Dragonite
Typing: Dragon-Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus/Sea Incarnate
Custom Ability: Sea Incarnate: Water type moves are 50% stronger when used by this Pokemon and its Defense and Special Defense are 50% higher in Rain[]
Stats: [91] / [134] / [95] / [120] / [100] / [60]
Movepool Changes: Removed Moves: All Fire type moves, Earthquake, Ice Spinner, Toxic. Added moves: Draco Impact.
Signature Move: Draco impact. Flying. Physical. 16 PPs. 70 power. 100 Accuracy. Contact move. Bypasses Protect and deals double damage if the opponent is slower than Dragonite (taking into account raw Speed Stat only. This means that if a faster opponent switches into Dragonite, the move will still have 75 power, but if Dragonite has used Dragon Dance and opponent used a priority move, it will have 150).

Description: Dragonite has a lot of sea lore in the Pokedex despite not being a Water type. For this reason, I decided to give it an ability related to the Sea, with an extra STAB and making Dragonite very bulky in Rain, regardless of the HP (unlike Multiscale). Being a sea Mon, I decided to remove all Fire moves (there are some Water Mons that know Fire Moves, but this one I think its better without them). Since it flies and swims, EQ is also for me a move to remove, it didn,t even have it in RBY or GSC (also, it still has Stomping Tantrum as Ground Move, if needed). Ice Spinner is just a move I don,t think makes much sense at all to exist, especially for non Ice Mons, so its another one I cut, Ice Punch is just 5 points lower. Also, since this is a Paldea inspired Pet Mod, almost all Mons should be losing Toxic, Dragonite among them.
The Signature Move has its name taken from Pokemon Unite and the effects are somewhat similar to ones provided here. Its an extremely powerful Move if Dragonite boosts the Speed with Dragon Dance. To balance it, I took 20 points from the Speed and gave them to Special Attack. This means that many more Mons will be outspeeding Dragonite at +1.
Dragonite is a versatile offensive threat that is extremely dangerous (due to extra bulk and Water STAB in Rain), but can work outside of it too. It can be Physical, Special or even a wall with those high Stats. It however has to be Jolly to Start outspeeding things if it wants to be a Dragon Dance sweeper and abuse the signature move, being its best Flying STAB by far. Special sets can afford to be Modest, but will be outsped by almost all the Meta regardless of the nature. On the flip side, Hurricane, Surf and Thunder give Dragonite incredible coverage in Rain. One negative thing about Dragonite is that there are no Drizzle users for now in Kanto, but there might be in the future of this Pet Mod.

Typing: Psychic
Abilities: Synchronize/Inner Focus/5000 IQ
Custom Ability: 5000 IQ: Whenever Alakazam misses a move, it immediately switches out.
Stats: [55] / [45] / [50] / [135] / [95] / [120]
Movepool Changes: Removed Moves: Iron Tail, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, Toxic. Added moves: Spoon Power.
Signature Move: Spoon power. Psychic. Special. 24 PPs. 60 power. 90 Accuracy. Hits twice. Not a contact move.

Description: Alakazam is a frail (though I swapped Attack and Defense Stats) and fast Mon that relies on low Accuracy moves to sweep. However, its new ability transforms misses into +0 priority Teleports, as long as Alakazam has at least one teammate alive. This means, that Alakazam's opponents will only get to hit him if one of these things happen:
1. They are faster (not many Mons in Kanto are faster than Alakazam when unboosted).
2. They tank Alakazam hits instead of avoiding them (Alakazam has 3 high power but low accuracy moves: Spoon Power, Focus Blast and Zap Cannon).
3. They have priority or Trick Room.
4. Alakazam is the last Mon remaining.
Alakazam is a Pokemon designed to be a fast Revenge Killer for Bulky Offense teams, ideally with Volturn support. It has troubles getting into the field due to bad defensive typing and low bulk, however it outspeeds most of the Metagame and uses its ability to escape from the field. The key to use Alakazam is to try to only send it when if it hits the opponent, it KOs it and if it misses, there is some Pokemon in the team that can take what the opponent will throw at Alakazam.
Regarding removed Moves: Nasty Plot was a cool move when it had limited distribution instead of being a TM and its designed for evil Mons, Alakazam ugly as it is, is not designed as an evil Mon. Knock Off requires physical strength to use and contact, Alakazam uses its spoons but not its arms to do damage. Finally, despite having 0 competitive value on Alakazam, Iron Tail also makes 0 sense, Alakazam doesn,t have a tail. Toxic is also lost here, Alakazam isn,t one of the Mons that make sense with it.

Typing: Ghost-Dark
Abilities: Heat Absorber
Custom Ability: Heat Absorber: Gives immunity to Fire type moves, including Will-o-Wisp. If its hit by one, Snow is triggered.
Stats: [60] / [60] / [65] / [130] / [75] / [110]
Movepool Changes: Removed Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes, Acid Spray, Venoshock . Added moves: Evil smile.
Signature Move: Evil Smile. Dark. 16 PPs. 90 power. 100 Accuracy. Has 20% to paralyze.

Description: Since Kanto doesn,t have Dark types, here is one. Not being a Poison type anymore, I removed most (but not all, Sludge Bomb for example remains) Poison moves and also Dazzling Gleam, since a Fairy type move rarely fits on a Dark Mon. Before I thought about changing the type, I considered removing Nasty Plot too, but now that its Dark type, it actually fits really well on such a Mon.
Gengar is a fast Nasty Plot sweeper with 4 immunities and only one weakness. Its fairly simple to use, come on one of the immunities, use Nasty Plot and sweep. The signature move can also be used to paralyze stuff, I considered giving it 30% chance at first, but on such a good Mon, 20 is enough.
Good Gengar teammates could be Ice types, since they are weak to Fire and if Gengar gets hit by a Fire move, Ice teammates can come and abuse the 50% Defense boost. Other than Ice types, almost everything pairs well with Gengar, since it has a very good typing and ability combination.
Last thing to note is, this is one of the few Mons that despite losing the Poison typing makes sense to retain Toxic.

Last edited:
:sv/gengar:
Ghost/Poison
stats
HP- 130
ATK- 75
DEF- 60
SPA- 75
SPD- 75
SPE- 110
BST- 525
If the target has a non-volatile status its moves do 1.5x damage

New Moves: Shadow Snatch

Ghost | Special | 60 BP | 100% | 20 PP | If the target dies before the user's next turn the user gains the target's stat boosts

Desc: Bulky & fast status spreader that gets a hex boost for all its moves (including hex itself) with a weaker spectral thief, can also run scarf sets with toxic spikes support

:sv/alakazam:
stats
HP- 60
ATK- 55
DEF- 55
SPA- 100
SPD- 105
SPE- 125
BST- 500
Closeup Magic/Inner Focus//Magician
The user's contact moves use special attack when calculating damage

New Moves: Spoon Bend
Psychic | Physical | 90 bp | 90% acc | 5/8 pp | Deals 2x damage against steel types, makes contract

Desc: Fast special attacker, a bit weaker than base Zam but is able to use its great physical coverage like the elements punches and knock, often seen as a staple in OMs like category swap

:sv/dragonite:
Dragon
stats
HP- 90
ATK- 110
DEF- 80
SPA- 134
SPD- 100
SPE- 81
BST- 600
Storm Scales//Hydration
If this pokemon is hit by a damaging move it sets up rain

New Moves: Primal Storm, Weather Ball

Removed Moves: Roost

Dragon | Special | 110 BP | 70% | 10 pp | 30% chance to lower the target's special defense, can't miss in rain

Desc: Rain setter and abuser, with high power moves like thunder, hurricane, and its sig Primal Storm that deal insane damage off its 134 spa but its lack of recovery means it's on a short timer without any speed boosting

Last edited:
Added Alakazam and Gengar to my previous post. Also, important (in my opinion) recommendation for the Pet Mod and future submissions. Since this is a Paldea and Gen 9 inspired Pet Mod, almost all Kanto Mons outside of Poison ones and exceptions (exceptions being some Bug types, Seadra due to Poison Point, Hypno due to learning Poison Gas, etc.) should be losing Toxic and therefore have this move with low distribution.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Added Alakazam and Gengar to my previous post. Also, important (in my opinion) recommendation for the Pet Mod and future submissions. Since this is a Paldea and Gen 9 inspired Pet Mod, almost all Kanto Mons outside of Poison ones and exceptions (exceptions being some Bug types, Seadra due to Poison Point, Hypno due to learning Poison Gas, etc.) should be losing Toxic and therefore have this move with low distribution.
I'm going with NatDex movepools just for simplicity's sake. You guys are free to remove Toxic if you see fit.

48 hour warning for submissions.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Submissions closed. Veto time! If you see you're post here, it means it will be disqualified from voting unless changes are made. You have 24 hours to make any changes.

:rb/Alakazam:
Name: Alakazam
Typing: Psychic
Stats: 80/50/70/124/70/106 | 500 BST
Abilities: Miracle IQ / Synchronize | Analytic (HA)
New Ability Description: User's Psychic-types can hit Dark-type Pokémon for neutral damage.
New Moves: +Psycho Spoons

Psycho Spoons: 50 BP | 90 Accuracy | 16 PP | Special | Psychic-type | Move hits twice (similar to Bonemerang and Dual Chop)
Flavor: The Pokémon uses its telekinetic powers to hit the opponent with each of its spoons. This move hits twice.

Description: A slower, bulkier version of Alakazam that can actually take a hit. Alakazam's Psychic STAB is very spammable thanks to Miracle IQ bypassing their immunity. Psycho Spoon allows it to hit harder than Psychic while also breaking substitutes, at the cost of 10% Accuracy. Alternatively, it can use Analytic to punish switches, though it loses the opportunity to spam Psychic STAB against Dark-types.

:rb/Dragonite:
Name: Dragonite
Typing: Dragon/Water
Stats: 101/114/95/110/110/70 | 600 BST
Abilities: Inner Focus / Grand Entrance (HA)
New Ability Description: Lowers the opponent's Special Attack by one stage upon switch in (Intimidate clone)
New Moves: +Dragon Screech

Dragon Screech: 16 PP | Status | Boosts the user's Special Attack and Speed by one stage, but loses 1/8 of its max HP
Flavor: The user releases a screech that boosts its Special Attack and Speed stats but loses a little of its HP

Description: Works as a dual sweeper thanks to its high offensive stats and wide movepool. Its signature ability allows it to easily set up against Special Attackers.
Alakazam still hits much too hard, especially with Nasty Plot and its signature move, which is technically 100 BP. Reduce its offenses, get rid of Nasty Plot, and/or reduce the power of its signature move (probably 2 of the 3 things).
Dragonite is much too bulky with its typing, stats, and ability and has way too much sweeping potential, mostly since Dragon Dance+Extreme Speed remains intact. Consider removing certain moves (Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, coverage) and changing the typing.

:gengar: -> :gholdengo:
Type:
/

Ability: Spine Chilling (On switch-in, summons Snow, disables the first move used on it for 4 turns. Once per battle.)
Stats: 95/30/75/120/75/105 | 500 BST
Movepool Adjustments:
+ Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Snowscape
- All Poison moves, Nasty Plot
Deathly Chill |
| Special | 110 BP | 70% Acc | 16 PP | 30% chance to flinch. Can't miss in Snow.
Gengar's new Ice typing comes from its dex entries saying how its presence creates chills, lowering the temperature around it by 10 degrees F and causing their prey to shiver, along with some early ones mentioning its hunting grounds being up in the mountains. This serves to buff and nerf Gengar; Ghost/Ice's offensive coverage is wider than its previous STABs, but its a much weaker defensive typing to keep it in check. Its SpA and Spe were slightly nerfed to still be really good, but not as overtuned as they once were for the meta. Its other stats were redistributed to give it some slight bulk, to help it live at least a hit on switch-in and make use of its new ability.

With its ability and new signature move, which is a Ghost-type Blizzard/Thunder/Hurricane clone, this new Gengar is meant to serve as a special sweeper that's a bit more specialized than usual, and wants its team to clean up potential checks and counters before it can be brought out onto the field to wreck havoc. Its ability lets its strongest STAB moves hit without needing set up, and gives it an in against some potential checks if need be thanks to Snow's defensive boon for Ice types. Alternatively, a Choice Specs could be sacrificed for an Assault Vest or Focus Sash to make sure it can come in on slower would-be counters. Its reliance on Snow to let its hardest moves consistently hit, along with only auto-summoning Snow once per battle means lots of consideration needs to be taken on when the best time to bring Gengar in is. But if Gengar is brought in at the right time, it can handily clean up shop and end a game.
Even if it's a one-time thing, I'm very wary of 120 BP Ghost stab, not to mention its insane offensive presence with STABs + Thunderbolt. Consider removing some offenses, reducing the power of the signature move, and/or removing Thunderbolt.

:ss/alakazam::espathra:
Type:

Ability: Synchronize / Inner Focus | Letdown
Letdown: When this Pokemon has its one of its stats lowered, the opponent’s stat is lowered by the same amount.

Stats: 55/90/45/125/95/120 [530 BST]
Movepool Changes: +Dig, Mud-Slap, Seismic Wave, -Focus Blast, Nasty Plot
Seismic Wave: 110 BP Special Ground, 5 PP. Uses the user’s highest attacking stat to calculate damage, then lowers that stat by one stage.
Justification: Alakazam with a funky new Opportunist-inspired gimmick ability. Seismic Shock can do some funny things, and 90 Attack isn’t half bad if you want to try running Knock Off to snipe other Psychics.
Offenses on this need to be reduced too, since you're adding a secondary STAB. Also you forgot to add an accuracy to the signature move.

:sv/alakazam:
stats
HP- 55
ATK- 55
DEF- 45
SPA- 115
SPD- 105
SPE- 125
BST- 500
Closeup Magic/Inner Focus//Magician
The user's contact moves use special attack when calculating damage

New Moves: Spoon Bend
Psychic | Physical | 90 bp | 90% acc | 5/8 pp | Deals 2x damage against steel types, makes contract

Desc: Fast special attacker, a bit weaker than base Zam but is able to use its great physical coverage like the elements punches and knock, often seen as a staple in OMs like category swap
For adding that much coverage I'd reduce offenses by a good amount.

did these all basically by myself if you guys would like to contest anything feel free to in the discord

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Voting time! Unfortunately, MegaFlareon's Dragonite and Beaf Cultist's Alakazam remain vetoed. I apologize to anyone hoping to vote for those two.

Voting Rules:
  • Vote for any number of submissions you like!
  • Order matters! Your first place vote will count for 3 votes, second for 2, the rest for 1 (If you vote for two only, the first counts for 2, the rest for 1; only voting for one submission counts as 1 vote)
  • You may not vote for your own submissions in first place
Voting will last for 48 hours. Good luck!
Code:
:gengar:: [], [], []
:alakazam:: [], [], []
:dragonite:: [], [], []

Below, my votes. I have to say there were many awesome Gengar subs!
:gengar:
1. [jazzmat]
2. [BlueRay]
3. [Hematite, Totally_Odette, Eeveeto, IceLevelIncarnate, zxgzxg, Tanny89k, I-Deepblue-I, Ema-Skye]

:alakazam:
1. [jazzmat]
2. [Hematite]
3. [zxgzxg, IceLevelIncarnate]

:dragonite:
1. [Hematite]
2. [jazzmat]
3. [BlueRay, Loginator, Beaf_Cultist, Eeveeto]

:gengar:: [zxgzxg], [IceLevelIncarnate (SV)], [Hematite, Loginator]
:alakazam:: [Hematite], [IceLevelIncarnate (SV)], [Ema Skye]
:dragonite:: [Hematite], [Loginator], [Eeveeto]

If I learned anything this slate, it's that everyone has collectively 1 IQ when coming up with names for :alakazam:'s sig ability.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Votes are closed! Please do not change your votes while I count them (this might take a while as I have a midterm in like 30 minutes so that will interrupt the counting process).

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
nvm im awesome at counting. Here's this slate's winners

:gengar:For Gengar, we have zxgzxg's submission (kachow)!:gholdengo:
Typing:

Abilities: Blackout | While this Pokemon is active, all held items are disabled.
Stats: 65 / 65 / 65 / 100 / 90 / 115
Movepool Changes:
+Blizzard, Focus Energy, Ice Beam​
- Focus Blast, Nasty Plot, Tera Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder​
+Avalanche, Ice Shard, Frost Breath, Powder Snow, Snowscape​
Signature Move: Ill Wind |
|
| BP: 100 | Acc: 100 | PP: 16 | Lowers the user's Sp. Atk by 1. Heals 25% of the damage done. Heals another 25% for each stage the user's Special Attack is lowered.​
Description: We don't have any good fast Ice-types (among other things), so I thought Gengar might be a good fit for that, with all its Pokedex entries mentioning how it chills its surroundings and all. Ghost+Ice is an amazing STAB combination, and it still has some of its original offensive stats, but its held back by its ability to run power-boosting items (it can still hold HDB since the ability would go off after when it would take hazard damage). However, its ability makes it unable to be outrun by scarf users and makes it harder for bulky Fires (when they exist) to switch into hazards. Ill (i L L) Wind is Make It Rain 2, with some healing epicness.
:alakazam::dragonite:For both Alakazam and Dragonite, we have Hematite's submissions!:espathra::baxcalibur:
:alakazam: Alakazam

Type: Psychic
Base Stats
: 80 HP / 50 Attack / 50 Defense / 110 Special Attack / 110 Special Defense / 110 Speed || 510 BST
Abilities: Galaxy Brain / Inner Focus // Trace
Movepool Changes:
Alakazam gains Brainwave
The whole line loses Focus Blast and Nasty Plot​

Galaxy Brain (Ability)
The Pokémon compares an opposing Pokémon's Attack and Sp. Atk stats before raising its own Defense or Sp. Def stat - whichever will be more effective. (like defensive Download)

Brainwave (Psychic) || Special || 70 BP / 100% acc / 10 (16) PP
The higher the user's Sp. Def stat, the greater the damage this move deals. (like special Body Press)

This one should also be neat, I hope! It's a lot simpler, but:
up front, I wanted Alakazam to do something with Gen I Special because it's kind of iconic, so it was only fitting to give it a special variant of Body Press to start with.
That said, Alakazam doesn't actually have any moves that raise its Special Defense but not its Special Attack, and I sure as heck wasn't going to give it Amnesia or anything crazy like that (this is still supposed to nerf it P:), so I decided its Ability should be something that made boosting its Special Defense possible but not guaranteed.

These are both really common and straightforward effects, but I like the way they combine here, I think! Alakazam can benefit significantly from both Defense boosts (which support Calm Mind sets very well, especially in tandem with Stored Power and Recover), but Special Defense boosts feed more immediately, into the power of Brainwave, letting it do burst damage without even waiting to set up if it comes in on a special attacker using its already-high special bulk.
I also really enjoy when Pokémon have super lopsided bulk like this, so I like that it can get value out of Defense and Special Defense boosts but not in the same way,
and I think it's cool how many of its stats it can invest in, so even the same set of four moves could become versatile and customizable.

Trace might be secondary to Galaxy Brain, but I like it :) It's from the Mega, and it fills a similar purpose to Galaxy Brain adding adaptable defensive utility to Alakazam.
I'm sorry for naming an Ability "Galaxy Brain" but it was the only correct answer here
This Pokémon textually has 5000 IQ
:abra: Abra
Base Stats
: 40 HP / 20 Attack / 20 Defense / 90 Special Attack / 60 Special Defense / 90 Speed || 320 BST
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus // Trace

:kadabra: Kadabra
Base Stats
: 50 HP / 35 Attack / 35 Defense / 100 Special Attack / 80 Special Defense / 100 Speed || 405 BST
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus // Trace

:dragonite: Dragonite

Type: Dragon / Flying
Base Stats
: 91 HP / 134 Attack / 95 Defense / 95 Special Attack / 84 Special Defense / 101 Speed || 600 BST
Abilities: Lifeguard // Marvel Scale
Movepool Changes:
Dragonite gains Guardian Dive and U-turn​
Also, it can already learn Barrier, but it should get that added to its natural movepool so nothing is incompatible with it or anything
The whole line loses Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Dual Wingbeat, Hone Claws, Outrage, Power-Up Punch and Tera Blast​

Lifeguard (Ability)
Boosts the Defense stat when the Pokémon is hit by a Water-type move and blocks the additional effects of Water-type moves.​

Guardian Dive (Flying) || Physical || 75 BP / 100% acc / 10 (16) PP
The higher the user's Defense stat, the greater the damage this move deals.​

I'm sorry for making two Body Press clones in the same slate of the same mod but I swear it's justified here okay--
I went with this effect for Guardian Dive because I thought it would be fun to reimagine Dragonite around running Barrier, like Lance's iconic and notoriously illegal Dragonite from Gen I. (this would become the same thing as a standard Iron Defense/Body Press set, but Dragonite has some really weird stats for it and I think that's kinda neat)
Because its Defense is lower than its Attack, and Guardian Dive is slightly weaker than Dual Wingbeat was before, the fact that Barrier is +2 and Dragon Dance is only +1 is pretty irrelevant here - +2 Guardian Dive only slightly edges out its older setup sets in damage, but the important thing is that it promotes Defense investment instead of Attack investment (forcing Guardian Dive to compete with Extreme Speed for damage, but also giving it more flexibility to be paired with support moves and special moves rather than physically offensive sets) and that Barrier doesn't boost any of its other moves.
The fact that Dragonite trades its old tools like Dragon Dance, DWB, Tera Blast and reliable Dragon STAB for these is meant as a way to tone it down offensively, while pushing it in an interesting direction as an offensive pivot instead of just making it strictly weaker.

Dragonite does keep one particular strong physical STAB move from the Dragon side, but it's one that I think plays against Guardian Dive in an interesting way: Scale Shot, which raises its Speed but also lowers the power of its physical Flying STAB. Running this move is totally optional and it has many viable alternatives, but I like the idea of leaving this option open even though I was limiting its physical movepool, because running a set that can flip between Defense from Barrier and Speed from Scale Shot on a whim sounds cool to me!
Notably, this sub preserves Dragonite's whole offensive movepool other than its physical STABs and offensive setup, which is awesome because that's where Dragonite really shines to begin with! It gets some ridiculous physical coverage and special coverage, and it keeps its defining Extreme Speed, and although it loses out on Dragon Dance, I think U-turn and higher starting Speed are fair compensation and it still has Extreme Speed to work with.

One key factor in adding U-turn was Dragonite's role in using Wrap all the way in Gen I, where the move blocks the opponent from taking an action on the following turn but allows Dragonite to switch out. It acts as a kind of pivoting move in its original incarnation, so I thought it would be fitting to honor that if I was choosing to reimagine Dragonite while moving away from its current setup sweeping roles.
In the context of the sub, pivoting access goes with the aforementioned Scale Shot as well as Dragonite's other best Dragon STAB, Draco Meteor, and it also plays to the strengths of Dragonite's crazy-diverse movepool - U-turn is an easy move to slot into Choice-locked Band sets like Dragonite already runs, but it also has tools like Thunder Wave, Defog, Heal Bell and even screens, and pivoting is a super flexible option that can slot into a set with pretty much any selection of attacks and support moves. Dragonite can pull off some crazy set variety...!

Comparatively, Lifeguard is a pretty minor bonus, but it's inspired by Thermal Exchange; it's a fairly subdued stat-boosting Ability that doesn't drastically swing any matchups, but it rewards taking opportunities to let Dragonite keep its teammates safe from the water (as described in its Pokédex entries, it's best known for rescuing people at sea!) and keeps Dragonite itself completely safe from Scald, which is excellent because it often needs to take measures to protect against burns (like running Lum Berries, Substitute and Heal Bell in various canon games).
It's not expected to let Dragonite come in to answer Water-type attackers in general, but it can definitely come in handy to deal with more defensive Water-types like Vaporeon, Slowbro and maybe Tentacruel.
I really love Multiscale for Dragonite and I think it's kind of iconic on it, buuut... since we've been tasked with making a new exclusive Ability for Dragonite, I wanted to do something different that fit with the other pieces I had set up, and that also meant replacing Multiscale unfortunately. cx This Dragonite's HA is Marvel Scale instead, like its pre-evolutions, which is also almost unique to the Dragonite line but not nearly as likely to overshadow Lifeguard. It's entirely a flavor Ability here, but it sort of plays to a common theme with Lifeguard in turning potential Scald burns into Defense boosts and reinforces that boosting Defense is true to the Dragonite line in general, which I think helps lend cohesion to the sub and keeps it grounded in canon!
:dratini: Dratini
Type: Dragon
Base Stats
: 41 HP / 64 Attack / 45 Defense / 45 Special Attack / 44 Special Defense / 61 Speed || 300 BST
Abilities: Shed Skin // Marvel Scale

:dragonair: Dragonair
Type: Dragon
Base Stats
: 61 HP / 84 Attack / 65 Defense / 65 Special Attack / 64 Special Defense / 81 Speed || 420 BST
Abilities: Shed Skin // Marvel Scale
Thank you to all the submitters and voters for your participation! Don't forget to head to the Discord to discuss these awesome winners, while I prepare the next slate! See you then!

gar
1680213096800.png

zam
1680213121547.png

nite
1680213155913.png

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Sorry for the delay! Here's the next slate:

Slate 2:
starthero
:ss/venusaur::ss/blastoise::ss/charizard:
:meowscarada::quaquaval::skeledirge:
Yup, you guessed it: it's the starters. They're not that relevant competitively, but they are very special nonetheless (mostly cuz we have to follow certain rules or else people get mad).

:venusaur: Venusaur (Meowscarada)
  • Must be a Grass-type
  • Must have exactly TWO abilities, Overgrow being its primary ability
  • Must have exactly ONE signature move (like Flower Trick)
:blastoise: Blastoise (Quaquaval)
  • Must be a Water-type
  • Must have exactly TWO abilities, Torrent being its primary ability
  • Must have exactly ONE signature move (like Aqua Step)
:charizard: Charizard (Skeledirge)
  • Must be a Fire-type
  • Must have exactly TWO abilities, Blaze being its primary ability
  • Must have exactly ONE signature move (like Torch Song)

A couple of things to note for this slate:
  • Shell Smash: Blastoise gets it. Plan accordingly.
  • Sun: Both Venusaur and Charizard are pillars of the sun archetype. Keep this in mind on how much you want to disrupt or improve this archetype.
Once again, you have a week to create your submissions. Have fun!

In other news, we have a spreadsheet now. Wow.

Last edited:
:ss/venusaur:
Pokemon: [Venusaur]
Typing: Grass-Poison
Abilities: Overgrow/Solar Power
Stats:
[80] / [62] / [93] / [110] / [100] / [80]
Movepool Changes: Moves added: Jumping Whip
Signature Move:
Jumping Whip: Special. Grass type. 95 power. 100 Accuracy. 16 PPs. Makes contact. Always raises Speed.

Description: Venusaur is still a Sun sweeper, but now it hits hard from the beginning due to Solar Power. It has middling Speed which it can raise with the signature move Jumping Whip. Venusaur can quickly get out of control from the opponent, but has a big problem: It needs to choice 4 Moves between Jumping Whip, Sludge Bomb, fire Move (HP Fire or Weather Ball), Synthesis (due to dying from Solar Power, though it can be fixed with Black Sludge) and Growth. However, if the opponent doesn,t have a Mon that can take all Venusaur Moves, it can win the game on the spot.

:ss/charizard:
Pokemon: Charizard
Typing: Fire-Flying
Abilities: Blaze/Drought
Stats:
[78] / [74] / [88] / [109] / [85] / [100]
Movepool Changes: Removed Moves: Toxic, Scorching Sand, Weather Ball. Added moves: Wildfire.
Signature Move:
Wildfire: Special. Fire type. 50 power. 100 Accuracy. 32 PPs. Power gets doubled on consequtive uses, capping at 200 (third use).

Description: Yep, Charizard now is the Sun setter. Not much to say here, it hits hard but has to choose item between Boots, Heat Rock and Choice Specs. Wildfire is a hard to use Move that can dismantle defensive cores if it manages to get 3 or more hits. To balance Charizard a little I removed Scorching Sands, so opposing Fire Mons now can wall it, especially those with Flash Fire. In fact, Charizard can switch into Charizard if its last Sun turn.

:ss/blastoise:
Pokemon: Blastoise
Typing: Water-Steel
Abilities: Torrent/Mega Launcher
Stats:
[79] / [83] / [100] / [95] / [105] / [68]
Movepool Changes: Removed Moves: Toxic. Added moves: Heavy Artillery.
Signature Move:
Heavy Artillery. Water type. 50 power. 100 Accuracy. 16 PPs. Hits twice. Pulse Move.

Description: This is Mega Blastoise with a better typing, but much worse Stats. Blastoise now uses both of its cannons to launch powerful Heavy Artillery. This Mon needs opposing Water types to get removed in order to start sweeping, but its hard to stop if it manages to set up.

:swsh/Venusaur:
Pokémon: Venusaur
Type: Grass
| Poison
Ability
: Overgrowth | Protosynthesis

New Stats

HP - 81
Atk - 61
Def - 93
SpA - 101
SpD - 101
Spe - 89
BST: 526

Move Changes
- Toxic Pollen [Base Power: 80; PP: 10; Type: Grass, Special; Effect: If the user attacks after the target, it sets Toxic Spikes]

Description:
1) Flavour
Venusaur's Mega evolution gives some primal vibes, and since its basic form is already Sun themed, I figured it was only natural to go for Protosynthesis.

2) Competitive
- Protosynthesis turns Venusaur into a pretty flexible Pokémon on Sun teams; if you want a fast lategame cleaner, run a Timid nature; if you prefer a wallbreaker, run a Modest nature; and if you prefer sth sturdy for your team, run a Bold or a Calm nature. The last aspect is important to point out because with Terastallization, you are free to add another Sun abuser to your team, like Victreebel or Exeggutor who might appreciate Venusaur's ability to tank hits throughout the game.
- Toxic Pollen encourages you to play Venusaur more defensively and synergizes with Venoshock. Tanking hits and spreading status is sth (Mega) Venusaur and its Pokémon cards like to do. So, it was important to me to emphasize this aspect rather than solely focusing on another offensive Sun abuser.
:swsh/Charizard:
Pokémon: Charizard
Type: Fire
| Dragon
Ability
: Blaze | Protosynthesis

New Stats

HP - 77
Atk - 89
Def - 77
SpA - 119
SpD - 77
Spe - 95
BST: 534

Move Changes
- Crimson Dive [Base Power: 100; PP: 10; Type: Fire, Special; Effect: Works like Photon Geyser]
- add Draco Meteor and Acrobatics

Description:
1) Flavour
Lizards like to bath in sun, and with Charizard being already Sun themed and giving some primal vibes in its Mega form, Protosynthesis was the next logical conclusion.

2) Competitive
- Protosynthesis turns Charizard into a pretty diverse, offensive Pokémon; you can run it as a special wallbreaker or rely on a mixed or physical set involving Dragon Dance. Belly Drum + a Speed boost from Protosynthesis is also possible if you feel gutsy enough.
- If you insist, Charizard can be used more defensively; stats were chosen as to allow a Def or a SpD boost, making you feel like you have a mini Mega Charizard X from ORAS on your team. I mention gen 6 because some Mega Charizard X have been running a bulky utility sets!
- I went for a secondary Dragon type because Pokémon have become a lot stronger over the generations; moreover, the type synergizes with Sun much better and offers a better resistance profile. This allows you to play Charizard however you want to!
- I added Acrobatics because Terastallization exists. This move is much stronger than Dragon Claw on physical sets and synergizes well with either Booster Energy or Belly Drum. Although this Charizard is Fire/Dragon, it is still possible to go for a Flying move and tera into a Flying type to deal more damage and avoid Earthquake.

:swsh/Blastoise:
Pokémon: Blastoise
Type: Water
Ability
: Torrent | Protosynthesis

New Stats

HP - 79
Atk - 63
Def - 111
SpA - 85
SpD - 115
Spe - 77
BST: 530

Move Changes
- Geyser [Base Power: 90; PP: 10; Type: Water, Special; Effect: The power of this move isn't reduced by Sun. If Sun is active, Geyser has a 100% chance to inflict Burn on a target, otherwise it's just 10%]
- add Wish and Stealth Rock

Description:
1) Flavour
Blastoise isn't necessarily Sun themed but since it's based on a turtle, I figured it can't hurt to include another Protosynthesis user. After all, turtles love bathing in the sun; they need it because as cold-blooded animals, they can better regulate their body temperature. You could argue that Blastoise's old Rain Dish ability turns it into a Pokémon reliant on weather. So, Protosynthesis is merely a different way to use Blastoise on a weather team.

2) Competitive
- Protosynthesis turns Blastoise into a pretty flexible Pokémon on Sun teams; thanks to Sun from Ninetales, Blastoise can now tank hits much better while removing hazards from the field or providing Wish support, which naturally synergizes with Flip Turn. It can also set Stealth Rock, thereby creating more space on a team.
- If you want to, you could use Blastoise as a dangerous lategame set-up cleaner. Shell Smash + SpA boost from Booster Energy can hurt quite a lot, and with Terastallization and Terablast, you can hit more targets. It's also possible to rely on Body Press + Iron Defense + a Def or SpD boost from Booster Energy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)