Regarding VGC IRL

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to antemortem we now have a new subforum dedicated to live VGC events. The purpose of this subforum is to bring awareness to various events and get as many smogonites out there as possible. I'm encouraging everyone to post information on major or local tournaments in their area whether it be Regionals, Internationals, Premier Challenges, MidSeasonShowdowns, Grassroot tournaments, League Challenges, or even Worlds! As stated in the other VGC IRL thread, events are a lot of fun so I hope that this subforum will encourage lurkers to go out and chill with some great people [:

It's been a long time since I've posted on Smogon. I graduated highschool. I got a bachelors degree. I've made a start in my career. But I have never stopped loving Pokémon.

I am now the inheritor and owner of a local Pokémon organization based in Anchorage, Alaska. It's not very big, but the facebook group has a little over 200 members, so there is some reach. Not as active as I would like, but keeping it going is a passion project of mine.

Anyways, I've been hosting monthly VGC tournaments. They're not official through Play! yet, but I want them to be eventually, once they get some traction. I doubt there will be any local players who will happen upon this thread, but I want to try anyways. If you or anyone you know is a fan of Pokémon that lives in Alaska, not just VGC, please send them my way. I want to build a big and passionate Pokémon community and that takes a lot of work and motivation. If anyone wants to know when the next tournament will be that I will be hosted, also feel free to ask.

I'm not sure if this post is fully appropriate, but I wanted to at least put it out there that there is a competitive VGC scene trying to spring up in Alaska, and that any help to spread the word is appreciated.

Last edited:

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I appreciate your post friend :] There being a scene in Alaska is pretty cool to hear since we usually don't hear about anything from that state. Unfortunately I don't know anyone from the Alaska area personally but I can ask around on discord/elsewhere and try to send people your way. Also, you're more than welcome to post any of your tournaments on this subforum and we'll try to bring attention to them as well.

Best of luck to you \o/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)