[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to make sure if this mon is legit.
Language: English
Species: Kyogre :kyogre:
OT: ウルトラ
ID No.: 180113
IVs: 28 HP / 0 Attack / 31 Defense / 20 Special Attack / 31 Special Defense / 31 Speed
EVs (optional): 0/0/0/0/0/0 (I think)
Ability: Drizzle
Pokemon's name: No Nickname (to be perfectly clear, the pokemon is not called "No Nickname")
Level: 100, I don't know the OG level (it says nothing)
Pokeball: Cherish ball :cherish_ball:
Shiny?: Yes
Regional Symbol? (if yes, specify): Black clover (Alola)

Moves: Aqua Ring / Hydro Pump / Double Edge / Water Spout .
Nature: Lax
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: It's somewhat vain!
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon

Other comments (optional): I tried to transfer it from SV to SWSH (trying to check its memories) via Home, but I couldn't (it gave me the error code 10015, dunno if that helps). It MAY be legit, but I don't know why anyone would trade away a shiny kyogre for a shiny gardevoir, other than it being hacked or cloned.
So, I checked Serebii's event database, and found that there is a distriution event of a shiny kyogre with the same OT and the same ID No. from Alola (Ultra Sun). What makes me doubt the legitimacy of this kyogre is that 1, guy who gave it to me traded it for a shiny gardevoir. 2, the language of the kyogre is english, and the event was from Japan. I was also wondering if there was a sure-fire way to know if it is legit or not (without having to take a trip to Davy Jones' Locker with Captain Jack Sparrow).
The best we can say is that the mon is legal (has traits that are naturally obtainable). It's never possible to say with 100% certainty if it's legitimate unless you have proof of the Pokémon being obtained (in this case, a video/etc. of the mon being downloaded). And many communities have different definitions of what legitimate means anyways.

All that being said, error code 10015 displays when you're trying to deposit a Pokémon that should have a HOME tracker but doesn't, or had some of its values edited (hacked) after a HOME tracker was assigned. If this is the only Pokémon you were trying to deposit into HOME when you got that error code, it sounds like whoever traded this to you hacked it into SV directly rather than transferred it up from Gen 7 through official means, so it's likely a hack.

Last edited:
The best we can say is that the mon is legal (has traits that are naturally obtainable). It's never possible to say with 100% certainty if it's legitimate or not unless you have proof of the Pokémon being obtained (in this case, a video/etc. of the mon being downloaded). And many communities have different definitions of what legitimate means anyways.

All that being said, error code 10015 displays when you're trying to deposit a Pokémon that should have a HOME tracker but doesn't, or had some of its values edited (hacked) after a HOME tracker was assigned. If this is the only Pokémon you were trying to deposit into HOME when you got that error code, it sounds like whoever traded this to you hacked it into SV directly rather than transferred it up from Gen 7 through official means, so it's likely a hack.
Yes the kyogre was the only mon I was trying to transfer. It would make sense if it was hacked, since they traded it so readily. Also, I forgot to add it does say that it was from a fateful encounter so idk if that changes things. Kind of a bummer that it's most likely hacked. Appreciate it tho.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes the kyogre was the only mon I was trying to transfer. It would make sense if it was hacked, since they traded it so readily. Also, I forgot to add it does say that it was from a fateful encounter so idk if that changes things. Kind of a bummer that it's most likely hacked. Appreciate it tho.
Yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news. FYI fateful encounter applies to most modern event Pokémon, it's a flag that prevents it from being nicknamed (not suspicious here).

In the future, as an extra layer of protection you can ask them to trade it to you in HOME rather than in game (which will catch lazy hacks like this), but it wouldn't catch someone who went the extra mile to hack it in Gen 7 then transfer it up the official way.

Yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news. FYI fateful encounter applies to most modern event Pokémon, it's a flag that prevents it from being nicknamed (not suspicious here).

In the future, as an extra layer of protection you can ask them to trade it to you in HOME rather than in game (which will catch lazy hacks like this), but it wouldn't catch someone who went the extra mile to hack it in Gen 7 then transfer it up the official way.
Aight thanks for the tip, I think for the meantime I will just try to catch my own mons (untill I find someone who is reliable). Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)