READ ME: Rules & Simple Questions - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Other Metagames is mostly stuff that's played on the Pokemon Showdown simulator. If you want an in-game battle, I'd recommend you post in this thread and specify that you want your opponent to only bring breedable Pokemon.

Also you need approval to post a thread -- just a heads up.

Another one... I used to play on Showdown, but can't get in on my old username. Is there any password reset mechanism? I know the accounts are not tied to emails, but I'm hoping there is some way to get it back.

I am unsure if this is the best place or most proper place to ask, but is there a rule set that is sort-of OU and Battle Spot Singles combined? I mean, the Smogon-wide clauses but with level 50 and all Pokemon are legal except the ones not legal in Battle Spot?

I am unsure if this is the best place or most proper place to ask, but is there a rule set that is sort-of OU and Battle Spot Singles combined? I mean, the Smogon-wide clauses but with level 50 and all Pokemon are legal except the ones not legal in Battle Spot?
Hi! The Simple Questions thread would be more appropriate for this sort of inquiry. Regardless, such a format doesn't exist but I doubt such a format would get approved, as it's really just level 50 OU.

Hi! The Simple Questions thread would be more appropriate for this sort of inquiry. Regardless, such a format doesn't exist but I doubt such a format would get approved, as it's really just level 50 OU.
Is this not the simple questions thread for different rule sets? And what I was thinking along the lines of was:

These Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion

No Soul Dew. Level 50. 6 vs 6, Pentagon Rule, and the standard Smogon-wide clauses like sleep clause.

Is this not the simple questions thread for different rule sets? And what I was thinking along the lines of was:

These Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion

No Soul Dew. Level 50. 6 vs 6, Pentagon Rule, and the standard Smogon-wide clauses like sleep clause.
I believe he meant that he moved your post over to this thread rather than leaving it where it was. That's why it's now in the simple questions thread.

Generallys speaking, that's not enough for an OM- they tend to have a single rule that is then applied universally (such as AAA's "you can use most abilities on pokemon") rather than specifici bans. What this seems like is a singles version of VCG, which probably could work but isn't really the goal of this forum and likely wouldn't gain much traction due to the overlap between VCG and OMs being so small and the fact that one of the main reasons VCG is as popularas it is is it's official status. To be frank, you are probably better off posting a pet mod suggestion, getting it approved, and then making these+any other changes you feel appropriate.

E: Or what TI said

Last edited:

That doesn't really qualify as an OM. It's just a banlist, with level 50 rule, and clauses. An OM changes something about the game. An OM changes mechanics or what a Pokemon has access to.

As Peef said, it's pretty much level 50 OU, but with a modified banlist. You can try the Battle Spot forum. In fact, it's very likely there was a past Wi-Fi battle competition with those rules.

I play on a cartridge and have a couple of friends that are wanting to get into competitive, but 3v3 isn't fun and level 50 is the easiest with the in-game settings. That's why I was looking for something like the above.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
This is a dumb question but I always see "Reserved" below OMs. What does that mean?
it's when the poster has reserved that post just in case they want to post something there in the future. for example, sample teams. it would make much more sense if they are shown closer to the beginning to the thread rather than one page 4 or something.

it's when the poster has reserved that post just in case they want to post something there in the future. for example, sample teams. it would make much more sense if they are shown closer to the beginning to the thread rather than one page 4 or something.
Ah that makes sense, thanks!

hay. i don't know where to post request to. but is there any plans for a legendary-less meta. just a AG without any legendary Pokemon?

DoW

formally Death on Wings
hay. i don't know where to post request to. but is there any plans for a legendary-less meta. just a AG without any legendary Pokemon?
The closest we have to that is probably No legends pls. Mostly we don't worry about whether something's a legend or not, though, as pokemon like Articuno clearly aren't going to be sweeping teams any time soon.

Hello, you did post in the wrong thread, so I moved it. Simple questions should go in this thread because well, it says so in the title.

As articuno said, the closest thing to the format you want is No Legends Pls, with the exception that it's set in OU, not AG. Your metagame of choice will never be a reality because a) No Legends Pls exists, b) AG itself is classified as an OM, so there can't be an OM set in an OM

Reactions: nv
What if we accidentally posted one but it was removed, not rejected?
Hi, I moved this here from the "New Direction for Other Metagames" thread because this question does not make a lot of sense. Can you please elaborate? More details on "it" would be nice.

If you're talking about submissions, they're rarely "removed", in fact i don't really remember seeing any deleted threads in submissions. If they are removed, I'd wait till next month before posting or at least PM the person who deleted it for instructions.

I didn't meet the requirements to post. Does this count as having something posted?]
Yes. When you don't meet the reqs, your submission is locked and are told to pm the person who locked to unlock it when you have enough posts. You can only post a different metagame the month after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)