Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
Actually RBY seems to be all out of whack. I hear it's fine on Smogtours. The amount of 90% misses is outrageous too. So we were just messing around playing with the bug, and stumbled upon a couple more...

Replay Evidence: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-823515211

T. 55 - Fire Spin only 1.1% dmg???
Can't explain this one
Moltres Fire Spin vs. Aerodactyl: 13-16 (3.5 - 4.4%)
All other turns it was fine? It was a turn after I got out of a sub, but that was the turn before? Should that matter at all? Correlation? Idk.

T. 82 - Fire Spin missed & still unable to move
Moltres used agility, so it is faster. Aerodactyl moves second, and even when Moltres missed its partial trapping, Aerodactyl still was unable to move. ??

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.

Enigami

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
T. 55 - Fire Spin only 1.1% dmg???
Can't explain this one
Moltres Fire Spin vs. Aerodactyl: 13-16 (3.5 - 4.4%)
All other turns it was fine? It was a turn after I got out of a sub, but that was the turn before? Should that matter at all? Correlation? Idk.
This actually happens in RBY. If I remember right, when a partial trapping move breaks Substitute, for the rest of the trapping turns it will only do damage equal to the amount of damage dealt to break the sub. So for example if Cloyster breaks a Rhydon's Substitute with Clamp, it'll only do 25% instead of 52+% until Cloyster begins a new attack with Clamp.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Just a minor thing:

The opposing Alakazam used Psychic!
(Chansey lost 18.9% of its health!)
Chansey's Special Attack fell!

Now it says that it drops SpA when it should say "Special fell!", It works like it usually does tho, Special is treat as a whole stat, it's just the display message that is incorrect.

Replay testing it, turns 10-11

s/o to Ranshiin for telling me about this and to SamuelBestt for the replay test

Edit: this was fixed

Last edited:
Gen 1 Pokémon that are unfairly banned in Pokémon Showdown

Hi all, the other day we wanted to do a tournament of Pika Cup in Gen 1 OU and Gen 1 OU Stadium, but had to cancel them because we discovered that Showdown’s system thought that many pokémon had illegal levels (Pika Cup is a tournament that allows pokémon from levels 15 to 20). One example would be a level 15 Gyarados. At first you may think “well, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados at level 20 in the Gen 1 games, so Showdown is right for banning a level 15 Gyarados”, well, what you may don’t know is that in Pokémon Yellow you could go to Fuschia City and use the Super Rod to fish many level 15 Gyarados (which appeared 10 % of the time).

Anyway, I checked all the pokémon that can be used in the Pika Cup using legitimate methods, which means no glitches, no bugs, no cheat devices and no tradebacks. After finishing my research I discovered that 20 pokémon are unfairly banned by Showdown’s system, here is the list of those pokémon and how you can get them in the Gen 1 games:

1. Pidgeotto, levels 15 to 20: In Pokemon Yellow you can catch an underleveled Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest (a reference to the Pidgeotto that Ash captured at the beggining of the anime in the same place).

2. Raticate, levels 15 to 19: An underleveled Raticate can be caught at Route 21 in Pokemon Yellow

3. Fearow, level 19: An underleveled Fearow can be caught at Route 9 in Pokemon Yellow.

4. Parasect, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Parasect in Pokemon Yellow by doing the following: catch a level 15 Venonat in Pokemon Yellow, trasnfer it to Pokemon Red or Blue, go to the Cinnabar Island Lab and trade Venonat for Tangela with a Non Playable Character, transfer Tangela to Pokemon Yellow, finally, go to Route 18 and trade Tangela for Parasect with another Non Playable Character.

5. Dugtrio, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Dugtrio by trading across versions: first catch a level 15 Slowbro in Pokemon Yellow, transfer Slowbro to Pokemon Red or Blue, go to the Route 17 gate and trade Slowbro for Lickitung with a NPC, tranfer Lickitung to Pokemon Yellow, finally, go to Route 11 and trade Lickitung for Dugtrio with another NPC (the traded Dugtrio will be nicknamed Gurio, cute nickname! :3).

6. Golduck, levels 15 to 20: You can catch an underleveled Golduck at Route 6 in Pokemon Yellow.

7. Poliwhirl, levels 15 to 20: You can catch an underleveled Poliwhirl in Pokemon Yellow at Route 22.

8. Poliwrath, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Poliwrath in Pokemon Yellow with ease, just catch a level 15 Poliwhirl at Route 22 and then evolve it with a Water Stone.

9. Machamp, levels 16 to 20: An underleveled Machamp can be gotten in Pokemon Yellow: first catch a level 16 Cubone in the Safari Zone, then go to Route 5 and trade it for a Machoke with a NPC, the Machoke will evolve after the trade and become Machamp. It is interesting to note that Machoke’s evolution CANNOT BE STOPPED, so it will always become a Machamp, due to this, Machoke is impossible to use in the Pika Cup of Pokemon Stadium 1 despite the fact that Machop and Machamp are available. The only way to use Machoke in the Pika Cup is by cheating, using glitches or trading it from the Gen 2 games, of course, all of these methods are considered illegal in the Gen 1 games.

10. Tentacruel, level 20: You can get an underleveled Tentacruel in Pokemon Yellow by fishing on Route 20.

11. Slowbro, levels 15 – 20: In Pokemon Yellow you can catch underleveled Slowbros, they appear if you Surf on Route 12.

12. Dewgong, levels 15 – 20: To get an underleveled Dewgong you have to follow these steps: catch a level 15 Growlithe in Pokemon Red, then transfer it to Pokemon Yellow via Trade or Pokemon Stadium 1, then go to the Cinnabar Island Lab and talk to a Non Playable Character, she will trade her Dewgong for your Growlithe.

13. Haunter, level 20: You can only catch an underleveled Haunter in Pokemon Yellow, it appears in the Pokemon Tower.

14. Gengar, level 20: Catch a level 20 Haunter in the Pokemon Tower in Pokemon Yellow and then trade it to another Gen 1 game so it can evolve into Gengar.

15. Kingler, levels 15 to 20: You can catch an underleveled Kingler in Pokemon Yellow if you fish at Route 25.

16. Electrode, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Electrode in Pokemon Red or Blue if you go to the Cinnabar Island Lab, a NPC will trade his Electrode for a Raichu (the Electrode will be nickanemd Doris, lol).

17. Rhydon, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Rhydon in Pokemon Yellow with ease, just go to the Cinnabar Islan lab where a NPC will offer his Rhydon for a Golduck of yours.

18. Seadra, level 20: You can fish an underleveled Seadra in Pokemon Yellow at Route 13.

19. Gyarados, levels 15 to 19: You can fish an undereleveled Gyarados in Pokemon Yellow at Fuschia City (use the Super Rod or else it won’t appear).

20. Dragonair, levels 15 to 20: You can get an underleveled Dragonair in Pokemon Yellow by fishing at the Kanto Safari zone (use the Super Rod).

I want to ask politely to Showdown’s programmers to modify the status of these pokémon from illegal to legal so players can finally use them (we have planned to organize Pika Cup tournaments in the Ruins of Alph chatroom).

Rental pokémon that are unfairly banned

Pika Cup could also be played in the popular game Pokémon Stadium 1 (in fact, it was one of the main cups of the game). When you played the cup in Pokémon Stadium 1, you were allowed to rent pokémon in case that you didn’t have any, you could also make teams that had rental pokémon and pokémon from the cartridges (Red, Blue or Yellow). Rental pokémon had fixed levels, stats and moves, so the players were not able to change them; Rental pokémon also couldn’t be transfered to the cartridge games, in short, they could only be used when the players played the Pika Cup. Anyway, here is the list of the 27 RENTAL pokémon that are unfairly banned by Pokémon Showdown’s system:

Ponyta, Seel and Koffing

If you play on Pokémon Stadium 1, use the original Pika Cup rules, and the fights are of 3 VS 3, you can also use Ponyta, Seel and Koffing in your team. These three pokémon are only available as rentals, which means that their levels, moves and stats cannot be modified in any way, still, it is a nice option if you’re a fan of them. Below are the movesets of those rental pokémon:

Ponyta
Ability: None
Level: 15
- Fire Blast
- Swift
- Horn Drill
- Reflect

Seel
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Headbutt
- Horn Drill

Koffing
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Self-Destruct
- Toxic

Special Pokémon that are only available as rentals

In Pokémon Stadium 1 you can also use some “special” pokémon if you play Pika Cup with the original rules and if the battles are of 3 VS 3. These pokémon are special because most of them are underleveled (e.g. a level 15 Tentacruel), while others have illegal moves (e.g. a Poliwrath with Double Slap, a move that it learns until level 25!). Again, since these pokémon are rentals, you can’t change their levels nor moves. Below is the list of the special pokémon and their movesets:

Ivysaur
- Solar Beam
- Body Slam
- Leech Seed
- Swords Dance

Note: Underleveled.

Charmeleon
- Ember
- Mega Kick
- Swords Dance
- Toxic

Wartortle
- Surf
- Body Slam
- Bide
- Reflect

Fearow
- Fly
- Peck
- Double Team
- Mimic

Note: Underleveled

Nidorina
- Ice Beam
- Take Down
- Horn Drill
- Toxic

Nidoqueen
- Surf
- Double Kick
- Fissure
- Reflect

Nidorino
- Ice Beam
- Horn Attack
- Double Kick
- Horn Drill

Nidoking
- Poison Sting
- Earthquake
- Bubble Beam
- Double Kick

Poliwrath
- Surf
- Double Slap
- Hypnosis
- Metronome

Note: This special Poliwrath has Double Slap, a move that it normally learns until level 25.

Kadabra
- Psychic
- Seismic Toss
- Double Team
- Metronome

Alakazam
- Mega Punch
- Psywave
- Metronome
- Thunder Wave

Tentacruel
- Mega Drain
- Wrap
- Supersonic
- Toxic

Magnemite
- Thunderbolt
- Swift
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Cloyster
- Aurora Beam
- Hyper Beam
- Clamp
- Supersonic

Note: This special Cloyster has Aurora Beam, Clamp and Supersonic, three moves that it normally couldn't have at level 15. Normally Cloyster learns Supersonic at level 18, Clamp at level 23 and Aurora Beam at level 30.

Gastly
- Psychic
- Night Shade
- Explosion
- Confuse Ray

Haunter
- Thunderbolt
- Night Shade
- Self-Destruct
- Confuse Ray

Gengar
- Mega Drain
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray
- Metronome

Exeggcute
- Psychic
- Egg Bomb
- Double Team
- Toxic

Exeggutor
- Mega Drain
- Barrage
- Psywave
- Toxic

Cubone
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Strength
- Tail Whip

Rhyhorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Horn Attack
- Substitute

Seadra
- Bubble Beam
- Ice Beam
- Mimic
- Smokescreen

Gyarados
- Hydro Pump
- Bite
- Leer
- Rest

Note: This special Gyarados has three moves that it can’t learn at level 15: Hydro Pump, Bite and Leer. You may say that Gyarados learns those moves at level 1 in Pokémon Red and Blue; however, it is impossible to get a Gyarados before level 20 in said games and when you evolve a pokémon in Gen 1 it doesn’t learn its level 1 moves again.

Porygon
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Conversion
- Sharpen

In our opinion, these pokémon should be allowed when players use the original rules because they are given by the game itself.

Pokémon Showdown’s system thinks that these pokemon are illegal since all of them are underleveled, also, in the case of Gyarados, it has three moves that it can’t learn in the games at level 15 (Hydro Pump, Bite, Leer). Since the game offers these pokémon as rentals, all of them are legal despite the reasons mentioned before; however, they should only be allowed when the players play Gen 1 OU Stadium.

Finally, since these pokémon are only offered as Rentals, players shouldn’t be able to change their movesets nor levels.

Pokémon exclusive of the japanese Gen 1 games

The following three pokemon are exclusive of the japanese games and due to that, they should still be considered illegal:

1. Golem, levels 16 to 24.

2. Muk, levels 15 to 37.

3. Kangaskhan levels 15 to 24.

Kangaskhan from levels 15 to 24 is considered legal by Showdown’s system; however, she is impossible to get in the international versions of the games at those levels, so, for the sake of playing our matches as fair as possible, she should be banned by the system or by the tournament rules at the very least.

Source

Pika Cup page in Bulbapedia:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pika_Cup

Thanks in advance.

Beelzemon 2003, leader of the Gen 2 Item Clause project

Last edited:

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sometimes when a pokemon is ko'd by Psychic (presumably whenever it would have gotten a special drop) a "but it failed" message appears as can be seen in this replay (turn 15). It is no major issue as the game mechanics are unaffected.
Counter is still not working in Stadium. Replay
Edit: tjdaas reminded me that nothing has changed in regards to what is described in this post (Ligh Screen reapplying burn in Stadium). Should that not be a glitch we would like to have clarification.

Last edited:

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-874219879
On turn 43, my opponent's lv88 Ditto used Transform to copy my lv74 Victreebel, which had 177 Speed. On turn 46, I switched in my unparalyzed lv68 Zapdos, which had 204 Speed. The Ditto outsped my Zapdos on turns 47-49. My guess is that the sim was treating the Ditto as a regular lv88 Victreebel, which would have 210 Speed, but that's not how Transform is supposed to work according to any source I've found. (PS's gen1 description: "The target's current stats, stat stages, types, moves, DVs, species, and sprite are copied. The user's level and HP remain the same...")

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In RBY tradebacks PS considers a level 5 Exeggcute with Sleep Powder as illegal even though it can be bred with it in GSC (and is legal to use in GSC LC). I don't know if other mons are affected by this as well but that's quite likely.
Edit: this actually affects way more pokemon, namely all level up moves in RBY since they can be passed on via breeding in GSC if both parents know them. Example source

Last edited:

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
Minor text error: if a recovery move fails because the user is at 100% health, it still displays the following message:
The opposing Chansey used Soft-Boiled!
(In Gen 1, recovery moves fail if (user's maximum HP - user's current HP + 1) is divisible by 256.)
But it failed!
While that message itself is not wrong, I don't think it needs to be stated when recovery move fail for other reasons than the one listed.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
HoeenHero, In this game at turn 14 Psychic of exeggutor did 64% damage whereas the calculator showed:
Exeggutor Psychic vs. Tauros: 143-169 (40.5 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.
Even without dv's the roll will never get close to 64% and the blizzard from Tauros beforehand did also normal damage, so that is not the problem.

However, the damage roll agrees perfectly with a -1 tauros:
Exeggutor Psychic vs. -1 Tauros: 217-255 (61.4 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But as you can see in the game, the Tauros was not spc dropped so that is also not the reason for this.

What I think happened is that ps somehow applied the special drop of psychic before the damage calculations, did the damage with the special drop and then didnt show it visually. Otherwise I have no idea what has happened.

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
Same issue as above but with evidence that the missing special defense EVs were causing the issue.
In this replay Starmie took more damage from Psychic than it should while doing regular damage with Surf.
This bug was fixed a while ago but now it is back.

FriendOfMrGolem120

aka. FOMG
Unless I'm missing something with the stat drop glitch, Tentacruel shouldn't be moving before Hypno on turns 12 and 13?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1uu-1075722355
Rest does not undo paralysis speed drops until you switch out so both Tentacruel and Hypno had 1/4 of their initial speed. Getting the special drop vs Kadabra only reapplies the speed drop to Kadabra a second time. It doesn't make Hypno faster itself.

Enigami

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
Hello I have a question- how do accuracy and evasion modifiers work? On PS atm, -1 accuracy is displayed as having a 0.75 multiplier, but when I googled the issue, all of the sources I checked that specifically mentioned rby had the modifier at 66/100 (or thereabouts)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic#Stage_multipliers
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/attacks/comp/evacc.htm
https://www.dragonflycave.com/mechanics/stat-stages
That is correct. All stat modifiers used the same table in RBY. From the disassembly:

StatModifierRatios: ; 3f6cb (f:76cb)
; first byte is numerator, second byte is denominator
db 25, 100 ; 0.25% (-6)
db 28, 100 ; 0.28% (-5)
db 33, 100 ; 0.33% (-4)
db 40, 100 ; 0.40% (-3)
db 50, 100 ; 0.50% (-2)
db 66, 100 ; 0.66% (-1)
db 1, 1 ; 1.00% (+0)
db 15, 10 ; 1.50% (+1)
db 2, 1 ; 2.00% (+2)
db 25, 10 ; 2.50% (+3)
db 3, 1 ; 3.00% (+4)
db 35, 10 ; 3.50% (+5)
db 4, 1 ; 4.00% (+6)
Snorlax should have 0.66 accuracy there, not 0.75.

Sevi 7

Semi-retired
Maybe this isn’t a bug and I don’t know the mechanics well enough, but I noticed something with partial trapping mechanics. I posted this on the main bug reporting thread, but I think it got buried. I’m going to copy and paste what I wrote there.

I've got two glitches involving partial-trap moves in RBY.

The first glitch is that when a Pokemon dies to burn, while still trapped, the trapper can only select the trapping move next turn. The second, is that while a Pokemon is trapped and behind a substitute, the Pokemon will randomly use its move anyways, as well as not be able to use its move randomly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1063237801-3y6tbdvh2fdtdoehpx2hmktcrlnflmbpw
On turn 4 the opponent dies to burn, while slower, and only Fire Spin can be selected.
On turn 23, it's the same thing, but the opponent is faster.
On turn 38, it's the same thing, but the opponent is slower and behind a sub.
On turns 48 and 50, Starmie, while behind a sub and trapped, attacks anyways.
On turn 58 Starmie, while behind a sub but not trapped, couldn't use its move anyways.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I actually found an RBY bug. For some reason, the Stadium implementation of Rage is being used.

During Rage, in RBY, if Disable even targets the Pokemon, its Rage will build. This does count misses. While I can't record this, I can say with certainty that this does happen. If Disable misses in Stadium, this does not happen. Thus, RBY is using the Stadium implementation of Rage (though the accuracy glitch uhhh can't be sure).

Here's a replay of the problem in Gen 1 OU.
Here's a replay of the disparity in Stadium OU.

Here's how Disable should interact with Rage in Stadium. In every case Disable misses, Rage should build in RBY.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
2-turn move mechanics w/Mirror Move (Razor Wind tested)
I think there's an oversight with how 2-turn moves work in RBY. In RBY, if you use Mirror Move on a 2-turn attack, on Turn 1, it will copy the move used the turn before. It cannot copy the charge segment, as it does not count as a move being used: it does not even deduct PP. On the turn the move is used, however, you will copy the attack being let loose. In the case of Mirror Move being used in a scenario where it "has to" copy the charge segment, it will fail. Ironically, this implementation of Razor Wind matches Pokemon Stadium's mechanics.

Here's a replay of Stadium using the RBY Mirror Move Implementation, which is actually correct for the format.
Here's Razor Wind being copied instead of Agility in Gen 1 OU.

I've only tested this with Razor Wind, and do not know if this applies for other charge moves or anything like that.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Dig/Fly Semi-Invulnerability Glitch not implemented
Given the fact that Nintendo Cup 1997's implementation on PS was approved, I decided to check and see if the Dig/Fly Semi-Invulnerability Glitch was implemented after Beelzemon 2003 pointed out that it wasn't. With a lucky test, I found out that it isn't implemented.

The interaction that shouldn't happen is marked in Red.
Turn 4
The opposing Chansey used Reflect!
But it failed!

Pidgeot is paralyzed! It can't move!

Turn 5
The opposing Chansey used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
(Pidgeot lost 52.8% of its health!)

Pidgeot used Fly!
Pidgeot flew up high!
This has a lot of implications, as I'm sure there are some people who would want the moves unbanned now under the pretence of a "patch". Essentially, Fly and Dig are "fixed" on PS; this is basically the Pokemon Stadium implementation. Personally I'd want this fixed for the purpose of cartridge accuracy, especially since Nintendo Cup 1997's implementation is imminent. Dig and Fly aren't banned in that format (mainly since they didn't know about the glitch).

For those who don't know about this glitch, here's a video of the correct interaction.
If Dig and Fly are interrupted in any way during use, they will become invulnerable unless the respective move is used again, or the Pokemon is switched out. You could also say PP stalling the now-invincible Pokemon is also a way to stop the glitch. Swift, Bide and Transform can also hit the invulnerable Pokemon, though Swift only works in some iterations of Gen 1 (I believe Japanese mechanics don't work due to the Swift accuracy glitch).

So overall, I believe this should be fixed for the purpose of cartridge accuracy and aiding implementation of the Nintendo Cup 97 format.

Odd that it's like this given Fly and Dig have been banned for 8 years. You essentially have it patched. :psyduck:

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Hyper Beam PP Wrapping VS Partial Trapping is not implemented
This one is actually pretty crucial, as it can very feasibly happen in a real game of RBY. It is pretty obscure though. In at least 2009, it was found that if a partial trapping move missed against Hyper Beam during a situation that would cause a recharge, Hyper Beam would be used again before forcing a recharge. This, in turn, causes 2 PP to be used instead of 1 for Hyper Beam, causing PP Wrapping to occur. It is mentioned here, for clarification. I believe this is related to this glitch here.

I tested it on PS as I've never seen it bought up before, and sure enough, it's not implemented. Given the possible relation, I believe further testing may be necessary to fully understand the mechanic (if it hasn't been properly documented already).

Here's the glitch in action;
It occurs at 00:16
T1
Tangela uses Constrict.
Raticate uses Hyper Beam, fails to KO, forcing a recharge.

T2
Tangela misses with Bind, which for some reason screws with the recharge turn.
Raticate uses Hyper Beam again without user input on the turn that the recharge should occur.

T3
Tangela uses Mega Drain.
Raticate finally recharges, but 2 PP has been used due to the double Hyper Beam.

Pre-T4
Hyper Beam PP rises to 63/8 due to using 2 PP with only 1 PP left.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Haze+Frz/Slp VS Multi-Turn Moves isn't implemented correctly
So in RBY, Haze will remove major status conditions. However, it doesn't reset a certain variable that removes player input so they can use a move, such as Rage and Petal Dance. As a result, when using Haze against a Pokemon that has had this interrupted (eg. Sleep or Freeze), they are left completely unable to move. Player input is completely removed if Haze is used during this state.

On PS, this isn't implemented at all. I did some tests using a Golbat faster than Onix, and another that is 1 point lower.
  • This replay shows the user being "freed" from Rage in a message.
  • This replay shows Onix being freed from Rage by Haze itself after waking up (which shouldn't happen). The player will also regain player input when they're freed from Sleep during Rage.
It appears that Haze will free opponents from Rage itself in the second replay. This also shouldn't happen, as Rage is not technically a secondary effect. As a result, a Pokemon affected by Rage will continue to use it when Haze is used.

Here is the correct interaction. I tested this on my Game Boys to prove it isn't an emulation error, as well as to show that you can't even switch out (which some were curious about in RBY 2k20)

Crystal__ also did a video showcasing this, and has a great explanation in the description.

Mahal Kita Sobra had something to contribute regarding this too:
☆Mahal Kita Sobra: This is a bug: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gens-research-thread.3506992/page-2#post-5949606
☆Mahal Kita Sobra: 1) Chansey should not be able to select a move
☆Mahal Kita Sobra: 2) Rage should still build.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1164519039 this one

They also mention this works on Hyper Beam recharge as it removes player input, and it's technically a desync as one game thinks a recharge should happen while one doesn't. However, no actual effect is visible during play, meaning both games will continue with no visible sign of the desync happening. I believe this may change the RNG seeding, but I'm no expert on that, so don't hold me to it.

Here's an interaction showing that.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Mimic accuracy is incorrect
Mimic is listed as having --% accuracy. This is wrong; it has 100% accuracy, which I THINK means it can 1/256. I've definitely had it fail in a link battle with an irl friend a buncha years back.

This accuracy value also applies to Stadium last I checked.

Bide's accuracy is incorrect
Bide, while it bypasses accuracy checks, has a numerical value of 100% for accuracy. This is similar to Swift. Not sure if worth noting or not.

This is important in Stadium, as iirc they removed the acc check bypass.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)