Resource RBY Simple Questions & Simple Answers Thread

I wouldnt say no hope, but reviving Rby CAPmon would take alot of work from those passionate about it, that i just dont see happening right now, at this point in time we are working on lower tiers, Likr Tbs UU or ZU, I dont think CAPmon will be revived soon.
We got something cooking in the #pet-mods part of the Discord, anything is truly possible

None of them, it's a bad Pokemon in OU. The one thing it was ever used for was to punish a very specific team that ran Blizz + Fblast Tauros with no EQ Lax, as in a team where every physical attacker like 10HKOed Omastar. On ladder or vs 99.9% of players it is a terrible Pokemon.
Please tell me there are replays of this

Uhh i have a question, If you agility BEFORE a para, does it halve the after agility speed, or does it cancel out the agility?

I have some questions regarding counter.
Is there any situation where you can counter a counter, since it's also a fighting type move with non-zero bp? For example would body slam, counter, switch, counter work?
Also, I haven't saved any replays of this, but sometimes when they switch you can counter previous turn explosion, and sometimes when they switch countering explosion fails. Is this a bug on showdown, or is it intended as a roll because of desync or something? The mechanics guide says that things like paralysis, or otherwise selecting a move that doesn't come out can interact with it, but I can't find anything that varies the success while switching

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
You cannot counter an opponent's counter (the move is coded to fail if the last move the opponent clicked was counter even tho its a fighting-type move) but you can counter your own. For example if the opponent clicks body slam and you counter, then on the next turn they switch and you counter again, you'll deal double the damage of your own counter (or 4x the damage of the original body slam).
Example Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-2049465314-jvofkmc6298xtrkfakl93w4rl6przl4pw

For countering explosion, it only works if the last move the opponent clicked is a Normal- or Fighting-type move (except for counter). For example if they clicked body slam on the turn you exploded, and you countered on a switch next turn, it would work, but if they clicked Earthquake, it would fail.
Example Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-2049468409-6z7plfgwcq2tqfvozorl1dblzti3y5ypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-2049469048-wl6l51mctda9sciw3xvyh215997t8ddpw

Last edited:
Ah, thanks. I've been reading it as "if the last move in general was normal or fighting," where I assumed that using explosion set the last move to normal type anyways

senorlopez

Formerly Ricardo [old]
Any reason why Snorlax jumped 5% this month? It now leads Tauros in usage; the first time since Nov 2022 (which was the only other time it did so).

Hello community! I'm looking for someone who can inform me about 1G RNG.

I would like to understand the difference between Soft Reset and Hard Reset. And if during the shiny hunt, duplicates can be seen, depending on whether I use Hard or Soft Reset. A bit like Emeraude once the seed is reset, the sequence of frames is identical.

I don't want to talk about RNG manipulation, just knowing what the best conditions are for hunting.

If anyone could help me that would be really great!

THANKS

I don't want to talk about RNG manipulation, just knowing what the best conditions are for hunting.
THANKS
Seeing as this is a competitive forum, this might not be the best place to ask, i know shiny hunting forums exist out there, though i cannot tell you what it is, i personally cannot tell you the answer, as i am not that comfortable in the games, also, its almost impossible to shiny hunt in rby.

Cheers!

Seeing as this is a competitive forum, this might not be the best place to ask, i know shiny hunting forums exist out there, though i cannot tell you what it is, i personally cannot tell you the answer, as i am not that comfortable in the games, also, its almost impossible to shiny hunt in rby.

Cheers!
I understand.

If I come here, it's because I've seen a lot of topics on RNG for breeding. I know the Smogon community is well informed about RNG.

A shiny on Rby is determined by these DV. If the DV is good, once transferred to Gs it will be Shiny.

But the subject is not hunting but RNG (for hunting ahah). Thanks to you

Pokemon caught in the wild in RBY are incapable of having the DV spreads necessary to be shiny when transferred to GSC. Catching a wild shiny in RBY is therefore not possible.

https://bluemoonfalls.com/pages/shinies/gen-1-shiny-hunting
"However, this faulty randomness does not apply to any stationary Pokémon that can be interacted with on the overworld, any Pokémon received as a gift, any Pokémon received from the Game Corner, any Pokémon received in a trade, or specifically wild fishing encounters. Below you can find every naturally huntable shiny Pokémon in generation 1 alongside their generation 2 shiny sprites for easy target-choosing."

https://bluemoonfalls.com/pages/shinies/gen-1-shiny-hunting

Thank you, but can we come back to the real question please?

I would like to understand the difference between Soft Reset and Hard Reset. And if during the shiny hunt, duplicates can be seen, depending on whether I use Hard or Soft Reset. A bit like Emeraude once the seed is reset, the sequence of frames is identical.
Thank you

If anyone could help me that would be really great!

THANKS
From what I remember from speed running, a soft reset (A+B+START+SELECT) is sufficient to reset the rng seed (since the game resets).

EDIT: A google search that took me all of 7 seconds found this, which I think contains the info you're looking for (assuming I understand your Q correctly):
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soft_resetting#:~:text=A "soft reset" contrasts to,while the game is saving.

(assuming I understand your Q correctly):
Not really, but thank you for your intervention.

Basically when we talk about RNG, we're talking about how the randomness of the game works. When we start the game, a seed is generated, then there is a logical sequence which is calculated based on this seed. With the same seed you have the same logical sequence.

I understand that on RBY it is always the same seed that is generated. But unlike hard reset, the soft reset method does not restart this sequence from 0 again, the game continues the sequence. I would like to know if this is true.

In Pokémon Emerald, there is a problem because no matter the reset method, the same seed and the same sequence are generated, regardless of the actions performed in game. And so I would also like to know if like in Emerald, the hard reset in RBY reproduces the same process.

Which is bad for hard reset hunting.

Not really, but thank you for your intervention.

Basically when we talk about RNG, we're talking about how the randomness of the game works. When we start the game, a seed is generated, then there is a logical sequence which is calculated based on this seed. With the same seed you have the same logical sequence.

I understand that on RBY it is always the same seed that is generated. But unlike hard reset, the soft reset method does not restart this sequence from 0 again, the game continues the sequence. I would like to know if this is true.

In Pokémon Emerald, there is a problem because no matter the reset method, the same seed and the same sequence are generated, regardless of the actions performed in game. And so I would also like to know if like in Emerald, the hard reset in RBY reproduces the same process.

Which is bad for hard reset hunting.
Ok, I'll try again. If I understand correctly, your question is here: "But unlike hard reset, the soft reset method does not restart this sequence from 0 again, the game continues the sequence. I would like to know if this is true."

No, this is false. Soft reset resets the seed as well. The link I sent you clearly outlines that, and I've used it in the past to reset the seed to 0 for rng manips. If someone knows I'm wrong, please chime in.

How can I play RBY PU? I have made a team to play with a friend, and I've been wanting to test it, but I do not see the ladder format.

does transforming get rid of the paralysis speed drop? i lost the replay but i para'd their ditto, it transformed into my dragonite, and then after 1 bout of wrapping from me it suddenly outsped and twaved me

I have no clue if anyone in this thread is associated with those publishing usage stats, but it would be cool if we could get post UU/NU tier shift usage stats added onto the usage stats page for this months RBY NU. The tier got a ROA spotlight for the first time in 2 years and the usage stats are already outdated. It's slightly annoying lol. Clefable, Golem, and Electrode are on there while mon like Aerodactyl, Venusaur, and Golduck are lower than they would be otherwise. Plus certain moveset stats don't account for the fact that some pokemon (like Charizard) saw their viable movesets be completely shifted once the tier shift happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)