OU RBY OU Ladder Achievements (Season 2 now starting!!!)

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
RBY OU Ladder Achievements

OP adapted from Teclis
Original thread written and maintained by Amaranth, followed by Sabelette
Fun/Skill achievements adapted in part from Siatam

Hello everyone! Welcome to the RBY OU ladder achievements thread. This thread is a way for ladder enthusiasts to record their finest accomplishments, or an incentive for non-ladderers to start doing so! We hope you enjoy the challenges we have in store for you :heart:

:snorlax:Rules:snorlax:
  1. All battles must take place on the gen1ou ladder on Showdown.
  2. Please give proof that you completed the challenge to validate your achievement (mostly, screenshots of the rating reached/you owning the account a la Suspect Test).
  3. You can get several achievements from the same battle/account, and you are generally encourage to post them by batch to avoid flooding the thread if you are chaining them up. I'll like your post once I've taken it into account.
  4. Achievements can be submitted in PM to me if you want the account you used to remain inconspicuous; I will be posting them in the thread (giving your Smogon username) myself. Please only do it as little as possible though; it's less fun.
  5. Past performances will not be counted; any submission needs to be verifiable on the server (by checking at the rank, WL and such) at the moment they are posted. They also must be achieved on accounts created AFTER the start of this season (September 22, 2023).
  6. Anyone who has already reached the top rank in a given challenge may continue to improve their records in order to shoot for the absolute 1st spot, by submitting further evidence as normal.
  7. Naturally, don't try to cheat, i.e by submitting an achievement with an account that's not yours and yours alone. If you are caught doing so, I WILL PERMANENTLY BAN YOU FROM SMOGON. (not really but come on)
  8. Challenges' specifics might be subject to balance changes over time (increasing or lowering their difficulties); if that happens, achievements will be adjusted when possible.
  9. A custom avatar may be available in the future for the first person to reach the top ranks in each challenge - if this thread gets enough traction and becomes established enough.

:articuno: Metrics Challenges :articuno:

Obtain badges!​

Get a certain GXE!*​

Reach a certain elo!​

Achieve a certain win streak!**​
Earth​
90​
1650​
25​
Volcano​
88​
1620​
23​
Marsh​
86​
1590​
21​
Soul​
84​
1560​
19​
Rainbow​
82​
1520​
17​
Thunder​
80​
1480​
15​
Cascade​
78​
1440​
13​
Boulder​
76​
1400​
10​

* your Glicko's confidence interval (i.e 1886 ± 43) must be below 60 to make sure your GXE is representative enough of your skill.
** I'm only taking X-0 WL records on screenshots, so if you are aiming for this you should reset your count after every loss | do not relaunch a game before I've liked your post (= validated the achievement). or, if you do, don't lose :P

:zapdos: Fun Challenges :zapdos:
Obtain badges!​
:rb/tentacool:
SS Anne Challenge

Reach a certain elo with
a Monotype team!*​
:rb/lapras:
Silph Co. Challenge

Reach a certain elo with
4 or more UUBL or lower
Pokemon
on your team!*​
:rb/porygon:
Game Corner Challenge

Achieve Luck Challenges
listed below!​
Earth​
1525​
1525​
8​
Volcano​
1475​
1475​
7​
Marsh​
1425​
1425​
6​
Soul​
1375​
1375​
5​
Rainbow​
1325​
1325​
4​
Thunder​
1275​
1275​
3​
Cascade​
1225​
1225​
2​
Boulder​
1175​
1175​
1​

* Replays are required for all games and accounts used for elo-related challenges must be created on or after September 22, 2023. Use !showteam after games if you didn't reveal the requisite Pokemon.

Lucky or good? Try these challenges!*

• These challenges can be completed in any order. All of them require a particular performance in a single match, which means replays are required to validate them.
  • The opponent beaten must have at least 1325 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
  • The opponent must be using 6 Pokémon in their teams.
  • Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point. (Moderators and hosts have complete discretion on this point.)
  • If you aren't able to reveal every Pokemon required for the challenge in your winning replay, do !showteam before saving the replay to prove you were using them. This is also required for challenges requiring lowered stats.
:rb/jolteon:
Strength in Diversity
:rb/cloyster:
Kaboom!
:rb/sandslash:
Slice and Dice
:rb/tauros:
Bulldozer
Win with a team with no type overlaps.​
Win a game after using
Explosion/Self-Destruct 5 times.​
Execute a Swords Dance sweep in which the sweeper claims 4 or more consecutive KOes.​
Win a game in under 25 turns.​
:rb/slowbro:
Who Needs Speed Ties?
:rb/alakazam:
Perfect Positioning
:rb/snorlax:
Well-Trained
:rb/rhydon:
Who Needs Strategy?
Win a battle with all of your Pokemon's stats set to at least 1 point below maximum.​
Win a battle in which you announce all your moves before selecting them.​
Win a battle only sending out 3 or fewer Pokemon.​
Win a game without using status moves that target the opponent (e.g. Thunder Wave, Leer)​

:moltres: Individual Pokemon Challenges :moltres:
  • These challenges are just for fun and do not count toward anything above. All of them require a particular performance with a specific Pokemon, which means replays are required to validate them.
  • The opponent must have at least 1325 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
  • Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point. (Moderators and hosts have complete discretion on this point.)
  • If you aren't able to reveal every Pokemon required for the challenge in your winning replay, do !showteam before saving the replay to prove you were using them. This is also required for challenges requiring specific moves or lowered stats.
Coming soon(TM), after the above achievements have time to settle. Check back in a few months!

Last edited:

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
:moltres: Hall of Fame - Season 2 :moltres:

Obtain badges!​

Get a certain GXE!​

Reach a certain elo!​

Achieve a certain win streak!​
Earth​
chub, Kaz
chub, Kaz
Volcano​
volcano.png
chub
Albi
Marsh​
marsh.png

Soul​
soul.png
Albi

Rainbow​
rainbow.png
Thunder​
thunder.png

Cascade​
cascade.png
Boulder​
boulder.png

Obtain badges!​
SS Anne Challenge

Reach a certain elo with a Monotype team!​
Silph Co. Challenge

Reach a certain elo with
4 or more UUBL or lower Pokemon
on your team!​
Game Corner Challenge

Achieve Luck Challenges!​
Earth​
Volcano​

volcano.png
Marsh​
marsh.png
Soul​
soul.png
Rainbow​
rainbow.png
Thunder​
thunder.png
Cascade​
cascade.png
Boulder​
boulder.png

Strength in Diversity
Kaboom!
Slice and Dice
Bulldozer
Who Needs Speed Ties?
Perfect Positioning
Well-Trained
Who Needs Strategy?
:moltres: Hall of Fame :moltres:

Obtain badges!​

Get a certain GXE!​

Reach a certain elo!​

Achieve a certain win streak!​
Earth​
earth.png
1750 elo
chuva de perereca
Volcano​
volcano.png
92 GXE
1720 elo
23 wins
emma
Marsh​
marsh.png
90 GXE
johnnyg2
1690 elo
johnnyg2,
BBeare
Soul​
soul.png
1650 elo
chub
19 wins
Gastlies,
Sabelette
Rainbow​
rainbow.png
84 GXE
emma, Elsiar, Sabelette
17 wins
Frrf, Amaranth
Thunder​
thunder.png
Cascade​
cascade.png
78 GXE
Paulluxx
Boulder​
boulder.png

Obtain badges!​
SS Anne Challenge

Reach a certain elo with a Monotype team!​
Silph Co. Challenge

Reach a certain elo with
4 or more UUBL or lower Pokemon
on your team!​
Game Corner Challenge

Achieve Luck Challenges!​
Earth - 1550 elo, 8 LCs​
Volcano - 1500 elo, 7 LCs​
Marsh - 1450 elo, 6 LCs​
Soul - 1400 elo, 5 LCs​
Rainbow - 1350 elo, 4 LCs​
Thunder - 1300 elo, 3 LCs​
Cascade - 1250 elo, 2 LCs​
Boulder - 1200 elo, 1 LC​

Strength in Diversity
Win with a team with no type overlaps.​
Kaboom!
Win a game after using
Explosion/Self-Destruct 5 times.​
Slice and Dice
Execute a Swords Dance sweep in which the sweeper claims 4 or more consecutive KOes.​
Bulldozer
Win a game in under 25 turns.​
Who Needs Speed Ties?
Win a battle with all of your Pokemon's stats set to at least 1 point below maximum.​
Perfect Positioning
Win a battle in which you announce all your moves before selecting them.​
Well-Trained
Win a battle only sending out 3 or fewer Pokemon.​
Who Needs Strategy?
Win a game without using status moves that target the opponent (e.g. Thunder Wave, Leer)​

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
7/30/22

Claiming the Boulder Badge in the Nugget Bridge Challenge

7/31/22

Claiming the Boulder Badge in the Pokemon Mansion Challenge

8/1/22

Claiming the Cascade Badge in the Pokemon Mansion Challenge

8/2/22

Claiming the Thunder Badge in the Pokemon Mansion Challenge

8/3/22

Claiming the Rainbow Badge in the Cerulean Cave Challenge

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't play, but after working on the BW challenge thread, I just want to say this is a really aesthetically pleasant formatting of the thread. It's set up and looks really nice.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
View attachment 444705
Claiming Cascade Badge for GXE(FINALLY, this took way too long, but I have absolutely atrocious luck...) and then boulder for ELO just cause
Verified

Claiming the Boulder Badge for win-streak! Didn't take very long because I have crazy good luck, maybe Cascade soon?

View attachment 444709
NOT verified as you played another game and lost before I was able to check the validity of this streak - as per the ** note in the OP.

I thought this would be a really good opportunity to claim the cascade badge for the Pokemon Mansion challenge by breaking through to the 1500 milestone after being hardstuck at 1400 for so long but I ended up going on a massive loss streak to the point where I slipped below 1400. Claiming boulder badge for Pokemon Mansion while I still can.

Attachments

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I thought this would be a really good opportunity to claim the cascade badge for the Pokemon Mansion challenge by breaking through to the 1500 milestone after being hardstuck at 1400 for so long but I ended up going on a massive loss streak to the point where I slipped below 1400. Claiming boulder badge for Pokemon Mansion while I still can.
All attempts must be performed on fresh PS! accounts made after the creation of this thread, as per Rule 5, so unfortunately I cannot validate this.

All attempts must be performed on fresh PS! accounts made after the creation of this thread, as per Rule 5, so unfortunately I cannot validate this.
I apologise, I skimmed over a fair bit of it when I should've paid more attention to the rules. I'll try and push for multiple challenges and post once I've reached 1475 on an alt so that I'm not spamming the thread too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)