RBY RBY Majors I - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
RBY Majors I

OP adapted from past Seasonals and Majors

RULES
  • This is a standard RBY OU tournament
  • The format for Stage 1 is as follows:
    • Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in (pending number of signups) 16 pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
    • Because Stage 1 is a round robin format, this means you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to play games with potential substitutes.
    • The best 2 players from each pool will advance to Stage 2.
    • Each pool will have a pool leader who will be determined by the host (me) based on past tournament results. The selection will be arbitrary, to some degree, but I will aim to be as obective as possible.
    • Stage 1 matches will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between opponents.
    • Due to the number of matches, Stage 1 will last for 3 weeks.
  • The format for Stage 2 is as follows:
    • The format will be best-of-three, single elimination.
    • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
    • Rounds will last the standard 1 week.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
  • REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from another Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the RBY OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
  • Follow the General Tournament Rules and Guidelines.
Standard RBY OU Rules and Clauses
  • Standard Clauses / Mods
    • Desync Clause Mod: Desyncs changed to move failure.
    • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
    • Freeze Clause Mod: Limit one foe frozen
    • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
    • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
    • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
    • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
    • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Banned Moves
    • Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize
  • Banned Pokemon
    • Mew, Mewtwo
What are we playing for?
This tournament will award points towards the 2023 RBY OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit. If you win the whole tournament, you also get a spot in the RBY Hall of Fame!

RBY OU Resources can be found here. RBY OU Sample Teams can be found here. The general RBY Forum can be found here.

Post in to join!

Signups will close Sunday March 26th 10:00 PM GMT+2

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord or through Smogon PM/VM.

Post anything in this thread to sign up ('in' will do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)