Announcement RBY Lower Tier QC Teams and Guidelines (Help Wanted!)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
previous thread pre-organization by Earthworm, thank you!

Basically just going to quote Earthworm here, but there is some new information so please read!

Over the past few years the Past Gens C&C project has really been getting off the ground thanks to increased activity from many people (thanks for all your hard work everyone, keep it up!). With the increase in volume of lower-tier analyses being worked on, the Past Gens Lower Tiers subforum was created so that the status of the higher priority OU analyses can be monitored more easily in the main subforum. However, with the recent reorganization of the subforums, RBY now has its own place (this subforum)! This is where our lower tier analyses and other tiers analyses will be housed. I'm looking forward to an increase in activity in the coming months once some of the lower tiers settle a little bit!

With the increase in volume of lower-tier analyses comes a need for guidelines as to who should be allowed to conduct QC. We can't rely on the teams that have been established for OU because frankly, these days it's quite possible they've never in their lives touched the lower tiers in RBY (and that's okay because we have a great lower/other tiers community to help).

The Past Gen C&C staff (mostly me) intends to approve users for QC for each lower tier, and once approved a member will be added to a list of QC teams maintained here and will also be allowed to approve further QC team members. It's not our intention for this to become any sort of hindrance to things getting QCed, so please feel welcome to apply to be added as a QC team member if you feel you have sufficient expertise in a tier; don't wait to be added to the thread before posting a check if someone has approved you. Also, even if you aren't a QC team member, your opinions on these analyses are of course welcome if you have experience in the tier, so please don't hesitate to take part in this project. Additionally, QC team members are encouraged to assist with grammar, making GPer's jobs a bit easier.

If you want to write a lower-tier analysis, it would be best to seek informal approval from a QC team member from that tier before you start. With that said, here are the current QC teams. As I said in the thread title, help is wanted here! Don't be afraid to reach out and help out with stuff :)

Ubers
Alpha Male Psyduck
Ctown6
Enigami
Oiseau Bleu
Paulluxx
Sabelette
Sevi 7
Torchic
Volk

UU
juoean
phoopes
Sabelette
Sevi 7
Shellnuts
Torchic
Volk

NU
juoean
MrSoup
nicole7735
phoopes
Sabelette
Togkey

PU
Gangsta Spongebob
Gastlies
phoopes
Sabelette
Volk

Stadium OU
Ctown6
Mikon
Oiseau Bleu
Sabelette
Torchic

Tradebacks OU
Ctown6
Enigami
Melbelle
Sabelette
Shellnuts
Torchic

1v1
Murm
Elo Bandit
Volk
Urfgurgle

Sorry for the tags @ all of you but this is also kind of an activity check to see if y'all are still interested in being on these QC teams or not. If you're not interested anymore, just shoot me a message and I'll remove you. Conversely, if you ARE interested and don't see yourself listed, shoot me a message as well! We're always looking for willing and able contributors!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Add Sabelette and Paulluxx to Ubers QC please! They both expressed interest in helping with QC for Ubers. Sabelette just recently made it to Top 6 in RBY Ubers Tournament II. Paulluxx also has plenty of activity in the tier, and though Paulluxx had some rough luck in recent matches Paulluxx should make for decent QC.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to add nicole7735 MrSoup juoean royzin to NU QC as all are experienced in the tier and currently active in it (either in tours or I can vouch for them extensively practicing and testing with me and having past tour results). I'm going to approve them to check in the meantime till you're able to review!
Add Sabelette and Paulluxx to Ubers QC please! They both expressed interest in helping with QC for Ubers. Sabelette just recently made it to Top 6 in RBY Ubers Tournament II. Paulluxx also has plenty of activity in the tier, and though Paulluxx had some rough luck in recent matches Paulluxx should make for decent QC.
Added!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)