RBY Differences

For Toxic / Leech Seed:

The regularly increased variable N, which removes N/16 of the Pokemon's HP, is used for both of these. With Leech Seed it normally isn't increased each turn, but with Toxic in effect as well, the counter is increased twice each turn, once after each of those recurrent effects. For instance, 1/16 from Toxic and 2/16 for Leech Seed, 3/16 from Toxic then 4/16 from Leech Seed, etc. By the fifth turn of that effect, it'll 1HKO the Pokemon. However, both are reset to 1/16 and don't increase the first time you switch out, just like Toxic by itself.

Kamex said:
This is something I have to correct... It explains nearly all of it but not why thunderbolt is "not very effective" against Dragonite.
Oh, is it based on certain types taking precedence over others? That would make sense, if many of the secondary types (e.g. poison, flying) are usually taking higher precedent, but dragon is a rare exception that maybe has even higher precedence? Also that would explain what Fog said about Golbat appearing super-effective since only its first type is poison.

Pidgeot500 said:
Oh, is it based on certain types taking precedence over others? That would make sense, if many of the secondary types (e.g. poison, flying) are usually taking higher precedent, but dragon is a rare exception that maybe has even higher precedence? Also that would explain what Fog said about Golbat appearing super-effective since only its first type is poison.
I'd love to know but I don't. It's the only thing I can currently think of. I'll try to piece together a precedence order if that's possible and see if there is any sort of pattern to it.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it's pretty odd how we're still figuring out how some things in rby work after all these years...

This is simply awesome. Very helpful.

I've had this question for a while now. The 99.6% thing only applies to moves? Or is there such a thing with for example fully paralysis too?

You might want to mention that on the carts, in the case of Wrap-like moves, you can't see whether the "trap" has been finished or not. If you select attack, and the bond is still going on, the "turn" immediatly begins. If it's done, you can just pick an attack.

While on NetBattle, you can't select a move if you're still being wrapped, but it doesn't immediatly start the turn when you click Attack - you can still Cancel and switch out. Someone might have to reformulate this because I am not good at it.

I wasn't competitively battling in RBY days and seriously that really is helpful. I didn't know half of that glitch shit. GJ

Mekkah said:
I've had this question for a while now. The 99.6% thing only applies to moves? Or is there such a thing with for example fully paralysis too?
Just moves that hit the opponent, like Thunderwave and Seismic Toss, with exceptions such as Bide and Swift I would say.

Oh yeah, that's a good point, with partial trapping moves... not sure how to fix this as far as implementation on NetBattle... hmm. Possibly have all moves greyed out, and you have to press "Attack", and when you press Attack it will either ungrey out the moves (you discover that the Wrap is done) or it will start up the turn with you using Wrap.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pidgeot500 said:
Just moves that hit the opponent, like Thunderwave and Seismic Toss, with exceptions such as Bide and Swift I would say.

Oh yeah, that's a good point, with partial trapping moves... not sure how to fix this as far as implementation on NetBattle... hmm. Possibly have all moves greyed out, and you have to press "Attack", and when you press Attack it will either ungrey out the moves (you discover that the Wrap is done) or it will start up the turn with you using Wrap.
I'm pretty sure it works with Critical Hits too (and probably a number of other things), since I've seen Persian NOT critical hit with Slash.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Didn't they fix the quartering to no difference in Yellow? Because I seem to remember someone saying that.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I thought that in stadium it did what it was supposed to do, and that the ch rate just didn't drop or get raised in Yellow..

my bad then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)