Pet Mod RBY CAP (CAP 3 - Competitive Learnset)

Fun typing, though it looks a bit like a lemon at first. Dragon-type by itself is mostly good at checking Electrics and the odd Surf/TBolt Starmie, but Bug-type undermines that by making Zapdos chew right through it with Drill Peck, limiting "Mons it reliably resists" to just Jolteon and Gengar. Bug-type is alright for its Ground-resistance, but paired with Dragon-typing, it is quite vulnerable to the 3 big OU Earthquake users (Rhydon, Tauros and Snorlax), undermining it's utility as a Ground-resist. Defensively, the type combo is pretty awful.

Offensively, however, it threatens all of the tier's Psychics thanks to STAB Twineedle, which hits Psychics with the equivalent power of a Hyper Beam every turn. This gave me an idea to use Chansey as a base for this CAP, being a Pokemon that can reasonably switch into Special walls like Alakazam and Starmie, or even Chansey, then utilize its Bug-typing to pressure those Pokemon alongside Softboiled or Recover for longevity. The typing would then serve as a balance to this, giving it more holes in its defenses than Chansey due to weaknesses. I also thought it should be less bulky on the Special side than Chansey, ensuring Chansey is still the superior wall.

I ended up with this spread, intended to give CAP a place on aggressive teams as an effective bully of Special walls and a semi-functional Special wall itself while sharing Chansey's weakness to physical pressure.

155 HP / 70 Attack / 25 Defense / 120 Special / 45 Speed / 415 BST, same as Chansey

Alakazam Psychic vs. Bug/Dragon: 107-126 (20.8 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Starmie Blizzard vs. Bug/Dragon: 153-180 (29.8 - 35%) -- 16.1% chance to 3HKO
Chansey Ice Beam vs. Bug/Dragon: 127-150 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
Exeggutor Psychic vs. Bug/Dragon: 102-120 (19.8 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO
Exeggutor Double-Edge vs. Bug/Dragon: 140-165 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. Bug/Dragon: 48-57 (9.3 - 11.1%) -- possible 9HKO
Cloyster Blizzard vs. Bug/Dragon: 209-246 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Lapras/Jynx Blizzard vs. Bug/Dragon: 224-264 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- 7% chance to 2HKO
Articuno Blizzard vs. Bug/Dragon: 270-318 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tauros Body Slam vs. Bug/Dragon: 183-216 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Rhydon Earthquake vs. Bug/Dragon: 130-153 (25.3 - 29.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Rhydon Rock Slide vs. Bug/Dragon: 389-458 (75.8 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Bug/Dragon: 53-63 (10.3 - 12.2%) -- possible 9HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. Bug/Dragon: 323-380 (62.9 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bug/Dragon Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Exeggutor: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%) -- approx. 2HKO
Bug/Dragon Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Alakazam: 142-168 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- approx. 36.9% chance to 2HKO
Bug/Dragon Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Starmie: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- approx. 78.2% chance to 3HKO
Bug/Dragon Blizzard vs. Jolteon: 92-109 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Bug/Dragon Submission vs. Chansey: 255-300 (36.2 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Bug/Dragon Blizzard vs. Rhydon: 309-364 (74.8 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Bug/Dragon Surf vs. Rhydon: 490-576 (118.6 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Bug/Dragon Blizzard vs. Tauros: 123-145 (34.8 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Bug/Dragon Submission vs. Snorlax: 122-144 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- 74.5% chance to 4HKO
Bug/Dragon Blizzard vs. Snorlax: 127-150 (24.2 - 28.6%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO

Much like Chansey, it would be heavily pressured by physical attackers, while being a good switch-in to Special walls, and would be able to capitalize on its Bug-typing to switch on a predicted Earthquake from Rhydon and threaten it with Surf. Twineedle & Submission (its drawback would be mitigated by high HP and instant recovery) with a modest Attack stat is sufficient to make Special walls sweat, while its high Special would keep it from being a complete sitting duck for everything else despite its lack of strong STAB. It wouldn't be without its downsides, STAB Blizzards would shred CAP where Chansey would be doing fine, and if CAP doesn't get Thunderbolt, then it also struggles to threaten bulky Ice-types like Articuno or Lapras. Additionally, it might lack moves like Sing, Reflect, Thunder Wave or Counter, giving it less utility than Chansey. 4MSS would also plague it, since Twineedle is essential for bullying Alakazam, Starmie and Exeggutor, but is a terrible mono-attack, which means it really wants coverage, which makes it harder to fit utility moves.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
No other subs?

Alright, well, 24 hours remain. I know there was decent discussion on Discord so if you have any ideas you're free to toss them out here.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Decided I would give a spread just as so we can have some more options to choose from.

110 HP / 120 Attack / 55 Defense / 95 Special / 75 Speed

This was mostly designed with the intention of Twineedle serving as an effective-Hyper Beam against Psychic-Types, so I decided to just role with this idea and to make a more offensive mon designed to combat some of the better Psychic types in the tier (Namely Alakazam and Exeggutor, but to a lesser extent Starmie and Jynx as well, our typing makes it a bit hard to deal with the later two if I'm being quite honest).

Attack:

With 120 Attack, our Twineedle always 2HKOs Alakazam, Jynx, and Exeggutor, has a 35.9% chance to OHKO Victreebel, and has a 11.3% chance to 2HKO Starmie. It also ensures that Submission is able to 2HKO Chansey should we choose to give ourselves access to that move.

Defense:

110/55 Defense gives us a decent amount of physical bulk while still making sure that Zapdos can 2HKO us with Drill Peck and that Snorlax can almost always 3HKO us with Body Slam (We actually take less from Ice Beam then we do Body Slam). It still allows us to avoid an OHKO from Exeggutor which I figured would be important if I wanted to be a more anti-Psychic Type mon.

Special:

On the offensive side, 95 Special ensures that if we choose to give ourselves Surf, then we are able to OHKO Rhydon with it.
On the defensive side, 110/95 Special means that Alakazam has only a 8.5% chance to 3HKO us before accounting for Special Defense drops and ensures that Starmie's Blizzard is unable to 2HKO us, allowing us to better threaten these mons with Twineedle.

Speed:

75 Speed allows us to outspeed Victreebel. I didn't really put a whole of thought into our Speed outside of that to be entirely honest.

Metapod Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Alakazam: 196-232 (62.6 - 74.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
Metapod Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Exeggutor: 284-336 (72.2 - 85.4%) -- approx. 2HKO
Metapod Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Jynx: 224-264 (67.2 - 79.2%) -- approx. 2HKO
Metapod Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Starmie: 142-168 (43.9 - 52%) -- approx. 11.3% chance to 2HKO
Metapod Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Victreebel: 326-384 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- approx. 35.9% chance to OHKO
Metapod Surf vs. Rhydon: 422-496 (102.1 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Metapod Submission vs. Chansey: 359-422 (51 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Alakazam Psychic vs. Metapod: 125-147 (29.5 - 34.7%) -- 8.5% chance to 3HKO
Jynx Blizzard vs. Metapod: 260-306 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Starmie Blizzard vs. Metapod: 178-210 (42 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Exeggutor Psychic vs. Metapod: 118-139 (27.8 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. Metapod: 231-272 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Snorlax Body Slam vs. Metapod: 140-165 (33 - 39%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
Snorlax Ice Beam vs. Metapod: 110-130 (26 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, here's my proposal. I'm not great at stat spreads but I really tried to find something decent and workshop it and adjust as people made suggestions on Discord, so I hope it makes sense and doesn't have any glaring flaws.

80 HP / 80 Attack / 95 Defense / 100 Special / 100 Speed

Overall Concept:
A somewhat defensive mon with the ability to threaten or trade with mons like Starmie, Jynx, Cloyster, and Rhydon while still having difficulty coming in on them, whose most unique attribute is probably going to be having access to Twinneedle while not being terrible at using it. This mon doesn't just walk around oneshotting Psychics and has obvious weaknesses to Blizzard, Drill Peck, and Rock Slide but given STAB Twinneedle, some decent coverage options, and a move like Recover, it could reasonably hang in there and threaten the likes of Egg, Zam, and even Jynx due to its speed.

Potential Moves: I know we aren't submitting moves as part of this but to give an idea of what I was calcing the stats based on, some moves this mon might have include Twinneedle, Razor Leaf, Recover/Twave (one, not both - on Discord we mused on having it be able to acquire both but not on the same set; I think Recover is far more essential for this to function), Psychic, and Explosion. Credit to juoean for the Razor Leaf idea, it really made this stat spread functional.

HP: Settled on 80 base as an amount that preserved the Ice weakness with 95/100 Defenses - more on that below and in the calcs.

Attack: 80 Attack makes Twinneedle very threatening to Zam, near-guaranteeing a 2HKO, and to Egg and Jynx, guaranteeing the 2HKO (and Twinneedle feels like a move we surely give this mon, right?) It also leaves this with some semi-threatening options for moves like Explosion or High Jump Kick or such without being able to just waltz around 2HKOing everything. HJK would 3HKO Chansey providing another physical threat to it, and do a decent amount to Tauros/Lax. It also enables Explosion to be a threat to frail mons like Zam and can take out a chipped Chansey.

Defense: 95 Defense in conjunction with its HP/Special lets this mon reasonably survive two hits from Tauros or Snorlax and rarely even survive 3, while preserving the weakness to Rock Slide rather than invalidating Rhydon. It also leaves Earthquakes dealing pitiful damage, enabling this mon to switch into them relatively safely with its Bug typing. At 95 Def it has a chance to survive 2 Drill Pecks but usually doesn't, so Zapdos remains a big issue.

Special: This stat is the lynchpin of this stat spread, and was the value everything else was set around, ensuring this mon is heavily threatened by Blizzards and Ice Beams while actually being able to tank things like Surf, Tbolt, and to some extent Psychic, and also allowing this mon to threaten things like Starmie or Jynx juuuuust enough that it's not a free switchin. Tauros and Chansey 3HKO with Ice moves while Jynx, Starmie (nearly always), Articuno, Lapras, and basically anything else you can slap Blizzard on will 2HKO or OHKO on a crit. Zam manages a 3HKO with Psychic giving it the ability to force this mon out with a Special drop, making the switch-in less free. Razor Leaf gives it the ability to threaten Starmie, Slowbro, and Cloyster with 2HKOs with varying levels of reliability.

Speed: Outspeeds Jynx, loses to Tauros/Zam/Mie/Gar/Jolt, ties Zapdos. This makes it not an obvious easy Psychic-destroyer (combined with a decent but not stellar Attack stat) but lets it maybe anti-lead Jynx if you wanna try that, and gives it the speed to threaten Cloy/Don/other things that would obliterate it if it was slow.

TLDR: Walled by Gengar unless we give it Psychic and it finds space for it in the moveset, gets crushed by Zapdos, walls Jolteon and mons like Mie/Chansey if they drop their Ice move, threatens all the Psychics but is threatened back, needs Para support for the fast ones but can eat Jynx/Egg alive if it doesn't have to switch in unsafely on them, obliterated by Blizzards, takes EQ/Tbolt/Surf like a champ, threatens Rhydon and Cloyster badly but also is 2HKOd by them, can somewhat hold its own vs Tauros but definitely won't beat it, has some ability to do physical damage to Lax/Chansey.

CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Alakazam: 152-180 (48.5 - 57.5%) -- approx. 94.4% chance to 2HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Starmie: 112-132 (34.6 - 40.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Exeggutor: 224-264 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Jynx: 172-204 (51.6 - 61.2%) -- approx. 2HKO

CAP Razor Leaf vs. Starmie on a critical hit: 156-184 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 92.4% chance to 2HKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Rhydon on a critical hit: 490-576 (118.6 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Cloyster on a critical hit: 171-202 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Slowbro on a critical hit: 180-212 (45.8 - 53.9%) -- 47.1% chance to 2HKO

CAP High Jump Kick vs. Tauros: 110-130 (31.1 - 36.8%) -- 74.6% chance to 3HKO
CAP High Jump Kick vs. Snorlax: 139-164 (26.5 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
CAP High Jump Kick vs. Chansey: 291-342 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

CAP Explosion vs. Chansey: 599-705 (85.2 - 100.2%) -- 2.6% chance to OHKO

Alakazam Psychic vs. CAP: 120-142 (33 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
Starmie Psychic vs. CAP: 97-115 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Exeggutor Psychic vs. CAP: 114-135 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 84.7% chance to 3HKO

Jynx Blizzard vs. CAP: 255-300 (70.2 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Starmie Blizzard vs. CAP: 173-204 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 85.3% chance to 2HKO
Chansey Ice Beam vs. CAP: 144-170 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Cloyster Blizzard vs. CAP: 236-278 (65 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tauros Blizzard vs. CAP: 139-164 (38.2 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tauros Body Slam vs. CAP: 95-112 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Tauros Hyper Beam vs. CAP: 166-196 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 47.8% chance to 2HKO
Snorlax Body Slam vs. CAP: 102-120 (28 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Snorlax Hyper Beam vs. CAP: 178-210 (49 - 57.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. CAP: 168-198 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 59.6% chance to 2HKO
Rhydon Rock Slide vs. CAP: 200-236 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Starmie Surf vs. CAP: 51-60 (14 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO
Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. CAP: 55-65 (15.1 - 17.9%) -- possible 6HKO
Rhydon Earthquake vs. CAP: 66-78 (18.1 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO
Tauros Earthquake vs. CAP: 37-44 (10.1 - 12.1%) -- possible 9HKO
Slowbro Surf vs. CAP: 45-53 (12.3 - 14.6%) -- possible 7HKO

Last edited:
ClairdeLuna very well / fully thought out submission, also still gives us a good amount of flexibility whether we take it in the direction of giving it twave or recover. stats and proposed damaging moves are just enough to be a sufficient threaten to everything, except for the legendary birds which is cool maybe giving those mons some defensive utility beyond switching into tauros/lax earthquake (or also their blizz/icebeam in the case of cuno).
the ability to anti-lead jynx and still pose a threat later should ensure that the mon has at least some viability. the decent crit rate i think is important too so that mons like zam chansey and reflect lax take a notable risk any time they try to recover/rest against the respective moves.

Enigami this was also well thought out but i have more concerns about it than about clairdeluna’s submission. theres been some concern about a potential chansey replacement being too big of a change to the metagame, actually to me im not sure this chansey alternative would rly ever be worth choosing and therefore i dont know if itd rly be viable. it doesnt pressure zam ~that much~ better than stoss chansey does, particularly with its low crit rate at 45 speed, ur still relying on full paralysis chance to break through while u still can get in trouble with special drops as usual. the ice weakness makes it kind of a bad starmie response, which is a pretty important role chansey fills esp checking blizzbolt mie, but it also makes it mediocre vs ice beam chansey, ie pretty much all chansey, rather than being able to sit on it. this mon is ofc also not paraslam immune and has some issue with fitting moves it needs as eni noted as twin twave recovery j leaves one slot left, for threatening basically everything except zam egg and perhaps mie as the rest of the meta doesnt rly care about twineedle.
still it is a cool and well thought out submission, and esp considering we are working with one of the worst possible type combinations in rby ou, if cap2 ends up not really being seriously viable its not the end of the world. and u cant tell 100% for sure on paper.

im not voting on the third submission, there rly wasnt much explanation provided as to what the mon would do in the meta or what itd be expected to threaten or not threaten outside of twineedle, does it have either twave or recovery i dont know (yea movepool comes later but these are pretty central questions in an rby context) so its hard to a lot of it speak to one way or another. one concern is with such a high attack stat, it hardly even needs twineedle alakazam would already threatened by body slam, which seems anti-concept if bug stab isnt all that relevant. potentially could be like a flareon offensively but with a better hp stat and different mostly worse defensive typing, its hard to rly say tho without any sense of movepool etc

DuoM2

whao
Alright, and with that, ClairDeLuna's spread wins!

Alright, here's my proposal. I'm not great at stat spreads but I really tried to find something decent and workshop it and adjust as people made suggestions on Discord, so I hope it makes sense and doesn't have any glaring flaws.

80 HP / 80 Attack / 95 Defense / 100 Special / 100 Speed

Overall Concept:
A somewhat defensive mon with the ability to threaten or trade with mons like Starmie, Jynx, Cloyster, and Rhydon while still having difficulty coming in on them, whose most unique attribute is probably going to be having access to Twinneedle while not being terrible at using it. This mon doesn't just walk around oneshotting Psychics and has obvious weaknesses to Blizzard, Drill Peck, and Rock Slide but given STAB Twinneedle, some decent coverage options, and a move like Recover, it could reasonably hang in there and threaten the likes of Egg, Zam, and even Jynx due to its speed.

Potential Moves: I know we aren't submitting moves as part of this but to give an idea of what I was calcing the stats based on, some moves this mon might have include Twinneedle, Razor Leaf, Recover/Twave (one, not both - on Discord we mused on having it be able to acquire both but not on the same set; I think Recover is far more essential for this to function), Psychic, and Explosion. Credit to juoean for the Razor Leaf idea, it really made this stat spread functional.

HP: Settled on 80 base as an amount that preserved the Ice weakness with 95/100 Defenses - more on that below and in the calcs.

Attack: 80 Attack makes Twinneedle very threatening to Zam, near-guaranteeing a 2HKO, and to Egg and Jynx, guaranteeing the 2HKO (and Twinneedle feels like a move we surely give this mon, right?) It also leaves this with some semi-threatening options for moves like Explosion or High Jump Kick or such without being able to just waltz around 2HKOing everything. HJK would 3HKO Chansey providing another physical threat to it, and do a decent amount to Tauros/Lax. It also enables Explosion to be a threat to frail mons like Zam and can take out a chipped Chansey.

Defense: 95 Defense in conjunction with its HP/Special lets this mon reasonably survive two hits from Tauros or Snorlax and rarely even survive 3, while preserving the weakness to Rock Slide rather than invalidating Rhydon. It also leaves Earthquakes dealing pitiful damage, enabling this mon to switch into them relatively safely with its Bug typing. At 95 Def it has a chance to survive 2 Drill Pecks but usually doesn't, so Zapdos remains a big issue.

Special: This stat is the lynchpin of this stat spread, and was the value everything else was set around, ensuring this mon is heavily threatened by Blizzards and Ice Beams while actually being able to tank things like Surf, Tbolt, and to some extent Psychic, and also allowing this mon to threaten things like Starmie or Jynx juuuuust enough that it's not a free switchin. Tauros and Chansey 3HKO with Ice moves while Jynx, Starmie (nearly always), Articuno, Lapras, and basically anything else you can slap Blizzard on will 2HKO or OHKO on a crit. Zam manages a 3HKO with Psychic giving it the ability to force this mon out with a Special drop, making the switch-in less free. Razor Leaf gives it the ability to threaten Starmie, Slowbro, and Cloyster with 2HKOs with varying levels of reliability.

Speed: Outspeeds Jynx, loses to Tauros/Zam/Mie/Gar/Jolt, ties Zapdos. This makes it not an obvious easy Psychic-destroyer (combined with a decent but not stellar Attack stat) but lets it maybe anti-lead Jynx if you wanna try that, and gives it the speed to threaten Cloy/Don/other things that would obliterate it if it was slow.

TLDR: Walled by Gengar unless we give it Psychic and it finds space for it in the moveset, gets crushed by Zapdos, walls Jolteon and mons like Mie/Chansey if they drop their Ice move, threatens all the Psychics but is threatened back, needs Para support for the fast ones but can eat Jynx/Egg alive if it doesn't have to switch in unsafely on them, obliterated by Blizzards, takes EQ/Tbolt/Surf like a champ, threatens Rhydon and Cloyster badly but also is 2HKOd by them, can somewhat hold its own vs Tauros but definitely won't beat it, has some ability to do physical damage to Lax/Chansey.

CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Alakazam: 152-180 (48.5 - 57.5%) -- approx. 94.4% chance to 2HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Starmie: 112-132 (34.6 - 40.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Exeggutor: 224-264 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- approx. 2HKO
CAP Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Jynx: 172-204 (51.6 - 61.2%) -- approx. 2HKO

CAP Razor Leaf vs. Starmie on a critical hit: 156-184 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 92.4% chance to 2HKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Rhydon on a critical hit: 490-576 (118.6 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Cloyster on a critical hit: 171-202 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
CAP Razor Leaf vs. Slowbro on a critical hit: 180-212 (45.8 - 53.9%) -- 47.1% chance to 2HKO

CAP High Jump Kick vs. Tauros: 110-130 (31.1 - 36.8%) -- 74.6% chance to 3HKO
CAP High Jump Kick vs. Snorlax: 139-164 (26.5 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
CAP High Jump Kick vs. Chansey: 291-342 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

CAP Explosion vs. Chansey: 599-705 (85.2 - 100.2%) -- 2.6% chance to OHKO

Alakazam Psychic vs. CAP: 120-142 (33 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
Starmie Psychic vs. CAP: 97-115 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Exeggutor Psychic vs. CAP: 114-135 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 84.7% chance to 3HKO

Jynx Blizzard vs. CAP: 255-300 (70.2 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Starmie Blizzard vs. CAP: 173-204 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 85.3% chance to 2HKO
Chansey Ice Beam vs. CAP: 144-170 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Cloyster Blizzard vs. CAP: 236-278 (65 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tauros Blizzard vs. CAP: 139-164 (38.2 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tauros Body Slam vs. CAP: 95-112 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Tauros Hyper Beam vs. CAP: 166-196 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 47.8% chance to 2HKO
Snorlax Body Slam vs. CAP: 102-120 (28 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Snorlax Hyper Beam vs. CAP: 178-210 (49 - 57.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. CAP: 168-198 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 59.6% chance to 2HKO
Rhydon Rock Slide vs. CAP: 200-236 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Starmie Surf vs. CAP: 51-60 (14 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO
Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. CAP: 55-65 (15.1 - 17.9%) -- possible 6HKO
Rhydon Earthquake vs. CAP: 66-78 (18.1 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO
Tauros Earthquake vs. CAP: 37-44 (10.1 - 12.1%) -- possible 9HKO
Slowbro Surf vs. CAP: 45-53 (12.3 - 14.6%) -- possible 7HKO
RBY CAP 2 - Competitive Learnset
Next up, competitive learnset! This should include only the moves that could feasibly be used on CAP2's most relevant moveset(s), so options that you expect to be run just about every time or options that may change its potential matchup spread (e.g. a coverage move that hits something that would otherwise be a counter) should be included here. You have until Saturday!

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Suggesting the following learnset:
Twineedle - is the whole reason we're doing this typing, on the offensive side
Razor Leaf - makes the calcs work for this mon to threaten Starmie/Cloy/Bro a little even though all of them can blow it up with ice moves
Thunder Wave/Recover (exclusive, can't have both on the same set) - Having both feels like too much for me; Twave lets it threaten to ruin Tauros and threaten to kill psychics without para support from elsewhere, while Recover gives it some staying power to come in on psychics more than once.
Hyper Beam - Just to have the option
High Jump Kick - Lets it reliably threaten the normal types without being oppressive (can't 2HKO any of them)
Explosion - Allows it to threaten a boom on Chansey or something else getting in the way
Psychic - Coverage option, probably doesn't make it on most sets though
Agility - Probably also doesn't make it on most sets but could give it agility sweep potential through the para it inevitably takes
Thunderbolt - Doesn't cover anything at present except Cuno/Tres (badly) but might be nice when future CAPs get made

DuoM2

whao
Alright, so no further submissions happened. One sub means one possible winner. Next round!

RBY CAP 2 - Name (+ Art)
Pretty self-explanatory, minus one thing - you don't have to submit art if you want someone else to handle it. You can submit someone else's art with their permission, though, and if you don't have that, then it'd be at least nice to have a crude MS Paint sketch so the artist can have an idea of what you have in mind. Once again though, not necessary. You have until Saturday!

Name: Dracornuta (draco, from draconic: characteristic of or resembling a dragon + cornuta, from cornutus: the species name of the Eastern Dobsonfly (Corydalus cornutus))

Art/Design Direction: The Pokemon should largely resemble said Eastern Dobsonfly, a large, North American insect that live in proximity to clean streams (there’s also some neat pre-evo potential here with their larvae (Hellgrammites) being voracious, aquatic micropredators, but that’s a discussion for the next slate). Thematically, this mon would use its two long pinsirs to attack when using Twineedle. I’d also like to recommend giving it relatively large legs and feet with thick claws, which it would use to attack when using High Jump Kick. Could maybe try to work in some scaly features here too, to make it feel even more like a dragon, but I’d defer any further details to the artist willing to create it.

DuoM2

whao
meant to do this yesterday but have been unexpectedly busy over the past few days, oops

24 hour warning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)