Announcement RBY Awards 2023 - Final Results @ post #12!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
UPDATE 2: Final Results Post here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rby-awards-2023-final-voting.3732518/post-9933627
Mr.Bossaru was removed from Best Meme out of respect but left in the categories where he was represented more positively. Rest in peace.

UPDATE: Nominations are now closed, it's time for final voting! Voting will run until 11:59PM on January 13th, GMT -8.

Best Meme Nominees

Kaz, manager of Washed Wartortles in RBYPL IV, kicked Egor, one of his own players, for spending so much time hyping up Pampu Primeapes/potentially being a risk to leak (to be clear, Egor did not leak).
1703901558546.png
Egor, a player for the Washed Wartortles in RBYPL IV, spent a significant amount of time hyping up and supporting the Pampu Primeapes instead. Their name on Showdown at the time was "Pampu Master Egirl" and they spammed things like this:
1703901789255.png
1703901813011.png
Local grinder NotVeryCake blows up after losing a tournament game to perceived hax, gets clowned. Dawn got drunk for the first time and well, LOL CALE
1703901953668.png
Presented without comment.
1703902226726.png
A very funny RBY ZU tier list that ranked Pokemon on hypothetical viability in, well, not RBY ZU, with the highlight being saying several mons are bad because they can't hit Ghost-types. There are zero legal Ghost-types in RBY ZU.
1703902358608.png

Best Forum Post Nominees
Won 2-0 vs TDs, ggs
State of the OU Meta
Farticunos
RBY OU Sample Update

Attachments

Last edited:

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
you are a troll and its very obvious, you serve your own vendetta and thats it. You told me you we're down to play with us, yet explicitly showed pampus colors by rooting for them and everything. "overexaggeration" is cope dude, you are mad and you want revenge. But you are a player, a player must play for the team hes been drafted on, thats the rule. I am a manager, if you mess with me you're messing with 10+ players that fully committed to the experience, investing free time and everything, freetime is rare for some people. You are trolling, calling me an autist for buying you and yet act like you're a nice individual in my dms. What do i do from there, do i risk links and everything ? imean you litterally rooted for pampus the morning of the draft dude. I wont risk leaks dude, i kick you and dont take any risk, gg.

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
you are a troll and its very obvious, you serve your own vendetta and thats it. You told me you we're down to play with us, yet explicitly showed pampus colors by rooting for them and everything. "overexaggeration" is cope dude, you are mad and you want revenge. But you are a player, a player must play for the team hes been drafted on, thats the rule. I am a manager, if you mess with me you're messing with 10+ players that fully committed to the experience, investing free time and everything, freetime is rare for some people. You are trolling, calling me an autist for buying you and yet act like you're a nice individual in my dms. What do i do from there, do i risk links and everything ? imean you litterally rooted for pampus the morning of the draft dude. I wont risk leaks dude, i kick you and dont take any risk, gg.
1703903369309.png

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RBY Awards: Final Results

First off, thank you to everyone who took the time to vote and thank you to our many wonderful players, contributors, moderators, helpers, posters, and memers for making this community as vibrant and special as it is. <3 you all!

Below are the results of the runoff votes. How this worked was that each round, the person with the least votes was eliminated and whoever voted for them had their vote moved to their next highest choice until someone had a >50% majority. Only a few categories were blowouts; in most, the 2nd and 3rd choices mattered a lot! Congratulations to all the winners and top 3 placers!

RBY Rising Star
1st: nicole7735
2nd: BeeOrSomething
3rd: chub

RBY Future Star
1st: nicole7735
2nd: Acetylaldehyde & Egor (tie)

RBY Rookie of the Year
1st: Acetylaldehyde
2nd: NotVeryCake & Laroxyl (tie)

Trailblazer
1st: Kaz
2nd: Sceptross & chuva de perereca (tie)

Comeback Kid
1st: Gefährlicher Random
2nd: oakdeon
3rd: Serpi & Sceptross (tie)

Best non-RBY Main
1st: ABR
2nd: MrSoup
3rd: BeeOrSomething & Kenix (tie)

Best Forum Presence
1st: Sabelette
2nd: Amaranth
3rd: Mr.Bossaru

Best Discord Presence
2nd: Heroic Troller
3rd: juoean & Kaz (tie)

Helper of the Year
1st: Sceptross
2nd: juoean
3rd: Kaz

Most Creative Builder
1st: Kaz
2nd: Tarvold
3rd: Kenix

Hardest Grinder
1st: NotVeryCake
2nd: Acetylaldehyde & Sabelette (tie)

Friendliest RBYer
1st: Sceptross
2nd: Acetylaldehyde
3rd: gastlies

Most Likely to Freeze Fish in a Friendly
2nd: SaDiSTiCNarwhal
3rd: Quarante8

Most Likely to Oversleep a Finals Match
1st: Ctown6
2nd: nicomirra123
3rd: Ice Yazu

Most Likely to Quit in 2024
1st: Amaranth
2nd: chub
3rd: Heroic Troller

Ladder Demon
1st: chuva de perereca
2nd: Mikon
3rd: marcoasd

Best Nicknamer
1st: BeeOrSomething
2nd: Heroic Troller
3rd: Tree69420

Biggest Haxero
2nd: oakdeon
3rd: Green on fire

Hax Victim
1st: 第二十五夜
2nd: Frrf
3rd: Amaranth

Funniest User
1st: Egor
2nd: Teh
3rd: Mr.Bossaru

Biggest RBY Nerd
1st: NotVeryCake & Enigami (tie)
3rd: Acetylaldehyde

Best Meme
1st: You are a troll and it's very obvious (Kaz)
2nd: Won 2-0 vs TDs, ggs (Sabelette)
3rd: Pampu Egirl (Egor) & LOL CALE (dawnbuster & NotVeryCake)

Best Forum Post
1st: Won 2-0 vs TDs, ggs (Sabelette)
2nd: RBY OU Sample Update (emma)
3rd: State of the OU Meta (第二十五夜)

Best Tournament
1st: RBY World Cup (Amaranth)
2nd: RBY Invitational IV (emma)
3rd: RBY PL IV (Hiro' Vertigo, Sificon, emma)

RBY Contributor of the Year

2nd: Amaranth
3rd: Reverend

Ubers Player of the Year
1st: Ctown6
2nd: CollectorEly
3rd: Sabelette

UU Player of the Year
1st: Ice Yazu & Melbelle (tie)
3rd: Sabelette

NU Player of the Year
1st: royzin
2nd: Sabelette
3rd: Khaetis

PU Player of the Year
1st: Teh
2nd: Hayburner
3rd: gastlies & Sabelette (tie)

Random Battles Player of the Year
1st: Lady Writer
2nd: tylerfitz8
3rd: royzin

Other Metas Player Of the Year
1st: Volk
2nd: Torchic
3rd: Mikon & Gangsta Spongebob (tie)

OU Player of the Year
1st: Serpi
2nd: Gefährlicher Random
3rd: ABR

RBY Player of the Year
1st: Serpi
2nd: Sabelette
3rd: Gefährlicher Random

RBYer of the Year
2nd: Serpi
3rd: Gefährlicher Random

Thanks hosting this Sabelette! Fun way to end the year.
I know they're silly community awards but wanted to share some appreciation on being nomed one of the friendliest users. I've had a tough couple months IRL and have felt it difficult to be the person I want to be, and I've noticed a bit of irritability that I have misdirected towards other people. This is something I'm working on and struggling with atm, even if others say they haven't noticed. But seeing that ppl put me forward makes me feel like I'm still putting some positivity in the world. I believe if we value love over pride, the world will be a better place.
So thanks all! Much love.

Alright, back to shit talk and competitive mons. I'm the best, everyone else sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)