Rate My Team

Ive been struggling to make a good team for OU since the DLC dropped for S/V here is a team i have won a couple times with.

Athena (Toxapex) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Haze
- Liquidation
Toxapex for me is defensive wall. It helps stop sweepers from setting up. I chose infestation and liquidation to help chip away if toxapex is left. I chose Tera Steel for more defense and to take more hits. The EV spread is a typical Toxapex with a bunch in HP and Defense. I also like to spread around toxic as much as I can to help other members of my team.

Zamazenta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Body Press
- Tera Blast
Zamazenta is my duel tank. The 1.5x to Def due to dauntless shield can help me overcome some pokemon with body press and STAB. Wild charge was put there for flying types or water types I may encounter. Tera Blast ground to help against steel type or fighting types when I am in Tera Form. The EV spread gives me good bulk and attack.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Focus Blast
Darkrai is my choice scarf user. He carries Trick to mess up any tank or Gliscor out there. I have sludge bomb and poison Tera to stop also getting poisoned. Focus Blast was placed due to STeel being resisted by my other two moves. Dark Pulse is my strongest stab and can cause flinch which can help make a game. The EV spread is to be as fast and hard hitting as i can.

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
I wanted a mix set on Dragapult. The Hex helps with me being able to spread conditons around. The dragon darts is a good two hit STAB move. Will O WIsp helps me break down any offensive threat. I also put U-turn to help me get out. The infiltrator ability helps me against any substitue while not being hit by gliscor if Tera. The EV spread is so Hex still hits hard and dragon Darts.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination
- Earthquake
Ting-Lu sets up rocks for me while being able to tank most hits and dish out decent damage. Its a typical set but able to take care of threats to my other teammates. It helps when getting chipped damage off. The EV spread is to make it more specially defensive to help out Zamazenta. With good bulk and good attacks this is a good pivot for me.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
Clefable is my last choice and a teammate I know needs more help. The EV spread is good and my moves benefit the team. I was thinking ice beam but chose flamethrower for coverage. Calm Mind and if no ones resist than clefable sweeps. I have moonlight to help my HP and keep me alive longer. I use Clefable sparingly and sometimes to help toxapex eat some physcial blows.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Zamazenta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Body Press
- Tera Blast
You already have Clefable and Play Rough is quite inconsistent so I'd use Crunch, Heavy Slam or Iron Head instead. And why do you invest in SpA on your Zama?
Tera Ground is also not really that good. I'd use Tera Steel or Fairy to help defensively.

You have no way to remove or stop hazards from going up so I'd swap out Clef for Hatterene. Hatterene is also able to setup and sweep with Calm Mind + Draining Kiss, Magical Fire.
This is a cool balance team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)