Gen 8 Rate my team hawlucha with grassy seed offense team

Hi I public my new OU team with 8gen. I need help with changes. I am not very expert in pvp pokemon.

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

First my pokemon is rillaboom because have very useful abbility which I need on hawlucha because have grassy seed. I playing with him because I think that is best grass pokemon with ou and have prio with grassy glide. Life orb add dmg it's good because grassy slide kill offensive pokemons water on hit.

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Hawlucha is my top pokemon from this team. Unburned add me def is to good. My tactics with hawlucha is I swap rillaboom on hawlucha how enemy pick stall pokemon or grass/dark pokemon. How swaped rillaboom I First use swords dance and next turn spam acrobatics.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Eruption

Heatran I think is very funny pokemon because is it tank and eruption deals a lot of dmg. Explosion I use how enemy pick pokemon what I dont have counter next useful move.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

I like very clefable because have unawere and I wait how enemy pokemon use swords dance or nasty plot. Flamethrower I use on Bug pokemons and calm mind is very useful. I think than clefable is very tank and offense pokemon how use calm mind and have soft boiled.

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic
- Scald

Toxapex is the only pokemon I didn't know why I pick because I am needed pokemon with toxic and resists for toxic.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

Next very useful pokemon with my team I use dragonite how enemy team use Earthquake on toxapex or heatran. Dragon dance add my speed and dmg for used dragon dance have 388 speed is too a little bit speed but on normal pokemons sufficients. Problem is with dragapult because have 420 speed with evs but I have multiscale which solve the problem.

Thank you for read my team I would like learn advice experts.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Hello! Your core of Rillaboom/Hawlucha/Heatran/Clefable looks quite interesting, but the final two Pokemon are a bit confusing as neither of them provide you with an electric immunity or momentum to get the offensive core of your team onto the field. I hope these changes will help alleviate such issues :psyglad:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e31d6ca1bfd0e6ab

Rillaboom wants to stick around for a while on this team so it can set up grassy terrain for Heatran and Hawlucha multiple times in a game, so I changed it to a bulky SD set to not compromise too much on power while giving Rillaboom a lot more staying power.

Just a slightly bulkier EV spread so Hawlucha can live Clefable's moonblast from full, and Hawlucha still outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame after unburden procs with this spread.

Eruption is a move that should only be used on Heatran for HO or sun teams, it is much more effective on grassy terrain teams as a defensive tank (it's also one of the best hazard setters in the entire metagame, so I made it the team's stealth rock setter to ensure that hazards stay up in hopes of wearing opposing teams down into range of a Hawlucha sweep).

While a calm mind set can be devastating on the right team, Clefable feels more suited to taking on a support role with knock off to remove items from the opposing team and thunder wave to slow down opposing threats as this team is quite slow outside of grassy terrain. It also now wears a rocky helmet to punish contact moves from the opponent as Rillaboom and Heatran invite u-turn and knock off from the likes of Corviknight, Tornadus-T and Landorus-T.

TO

Rotom-Wash gives the team a punchy defensive pivot that has a positive matchup against rain while providing volt switch support for Rillaboom and Hawlucha. It also carries toxic to punish ground types that like to switch into it, such as Gastrodon as the latter often comes alongside Pokemon like Corviknight to blank Rillaboom/Heatran cores.

TO

Finally, Dragonite was changed to Landorus-Therian to provide the team with hazard removal as well as a slow u-turn pivot to safely bring Rillaboom and Hawlucha onto the field. It is also a sturdy electric immunity, which your original team lacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)