Rate my Gen 8 Anything Goes Team please.

Anything Goes is my favorite format and I love to use weird teams I have found the one to be the best one but I know I can still improve it please let me know how it can be improved. Let's get started.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Froslass is the set up I use taunt to prevent their setups and then use spikes to set up for myself. If they lead with a main attacking Pokémon that is slower i use spikes first without taunting, if their lead is faster and attacks a lot like a Zacian, Zamazenta, or Spectrier, I use icy wind to slow them down then destiny bond to take them out next turn. once spikes are set up or whenever Froslass is in danger of fainting I use destiny bond and have take out a pokemon while simultaneously setting up. Threats include opponents with priority multiple hitting moves and Regieleki.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

Togekiss is the sweeper I set up a Nasty Plot then Dynamax and max airstream to raise speed 3 times before I sweep Fire blast good for the steel types and roost is for healing. Sometimes I need to Dynamax right away to avoid a KO. Threats include any steel type especially Zacian which is really common and needs to be OHKO'd with max flare or fire blast but requires that i have used 2 max airstreams. Regieleki is also a threat due to its incredible speed and electric typing.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 1
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Substitute
- Endeavor

Ah the classic level one. Start with leech seed and survive the first hit with focus sash and then substitute if they use a stat-boosting move encore them then substitute. If it is ever safe to do so endeavor can kill everything except ghost types if you have a leech seed set up. Dangers include priority moves multiple hitting moves any dark type(because Prankster won't work on them) Marshadow(because of spectral thief), any Pokémon with the Infiltrator ability and grass types (Because leech seed won't work)

Butterfree @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Hurricane

Butterfree is the backup sweeper if Togekiss fails. Use Sleep Powder on the opponent then Substitute and Quiver Dance putting them back to sleep and going behind anther Substitute when necessary once enough Quiver Dances have been used sweep with hurricaneI make sure I am always behind a Substitute or they are asleep if I miss a Hurricane. Threats are the same as Cottenee except no dark types.

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Swagger

Liepard is probably the weakest member but if the opponent doesn't have any dark types on their team it can swagger and thunder wave anything that gets in its way and use substitute to prevent getting hit. Liepard depends on luck quite a bit though because if they aren't fully paralyzed or don't hurt themselves in confusion Liepard is in danger. Once enough Swaggers have been used use found play to KO them. Dangers are the same as cottenee except grass types aren't a problem.

Wynaut @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Mirror Coat

Finally this guy Wyanut he is almost always guaranteed a KO because shadow tag prevent them from switching and you can easily counter or mirror coat their first attack if they start using stat boosting moves instead of attacking It is fine because they can't switch and you can just keep using counter or mirror coat till it works. Max speed is funny because after you KO someone with counter or something and they send in a slower mon I can use Destiny Bond to KO them as well.

So I know it is kinda a wacky team but it has gotten me very far and I know it can get me farther with your help please let me know how I can improve it to counter the problem Pokemon.

Well isn't this a sight? An actual unique team in AG.

Improvements:

Bufferfree/Togekiss: Both of your sweepers are weak to Stealth Rock, meaning they'll die to a light breeze. I would recommend giving Bufferfree Heavy Duty Boots so it can take a non-super effective hit. Also giving Bufferfree boots means it can switch in more than once.

Liepard is, like you said, the weakest member of the team, thus I'll be replacing them.

I've found two pokemon who fulfill Liepard's role better, while still being oddballs.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Mystical Fire

Clefable's Unaware can halt sweepers momentarily, then she'll Thunder Wave to completely shut them down. Alternatively, if you think they'll switch out, you could either lower their SpA with Mystical Fire, or set up with Calm Mind before using Baton Pass to Butterfree/Togekiss.

Of course Magearna is better but I tried to pick weaker pokemon since you like those types of pokemon.

Speaking of weak pokemon...

Dunsparce @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Yawn

I mean it's Dunsparce, really it's too weak to be used, but... It would be funny to win with one.

Anyways, that's it. Good Team

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, this team really isn't viable in AG. None of these Pokemon are viable, with the sole exception of Butterfree. When Butterfree is the best Pokemon on a team, that's a problem. 5/6 of this team is completely outclassed by better Pokemon (Froslass is pretty much outclassed by Excadrill, Togekiss is strictly worse than Yveltal as an offensive flying-type, Cottonee is just flat out awful, being invalidated by, among other things, the omnipresent Stealth Rock and Rocky Helmet, both of which render it completely unable to force progress against a competently built team, Liepard is just completely useless in a meta dominated by bulky Yveltal, but as a dark-type it's once again outclassed by Yveltal, and Wynaut is strictly worse than Gothitelle, which can actually force progress against most common balances repeatedly instead of only being useful once and then dying) and it has a fundamentally flawed structure, lacking any durable Ghost resist and any way to handle Zacian-C with Stealth Rock support. I strongly recommend that you try using the AG Sample Teams to get a better sense of the meta; they really do help a lot. Good luck continuing to explore AG!

if you're just here to have fun and don't actually care about winning, that's cool, but I suspect this might not be the right site for you (it's pretty strongly oriented towards the competitive scene)

please don't take this too harshly; we all start somewhere.

Useless Uses please don't rate teams here if you're not going to try to provide an actual competitive rate; it's beyond unhelpful to give actively bad advice.

Unfortunately, this team really isn't viable in AG. None of these Pokemon are viable, with the sole exception of Butterfree. When Butterfree is the best Pokemon on a team, that's a problem. 5/6 of this team is completely outclassed by better Pokemon (Froslass is pretty much outclassed by Excadrill, Togekiss is strictly worse than Yveltal as an offensive flying-type, Cottonee is just flat out awful, being invalidated by, among other things, the omnipresent Stealth Rock and Rocky Helmet, both of which render it completely unable to force progress against a competently built team, Liepard is just completely useless in a meta dominated by bulky Yveltal, but as a dark-type it's once again outclassed by Yveltal, and Wynaut is strictly worse than Gothitelle, which can actually force progress against most common balances repeatedly instead of only being useful once and then dying) and it has a fundamentally flawed structure, lacking any durable Ghost resist and any way to handle Zacian-C with Stealth Rock support. I strongly recommend that you try using the AG Sample Teams to get a better sense of the meta; they really do help a lot. Good luck continuing to explore AG!

if you're just here to have fun and don't actually care about winning, that's cool, but I suspect this might not be the right site for you (it's pretty strongly oriented towards the competitive scene)

please don't take this too harshly; we all start somewhere.

Useless Uses please don't rate teams here if you're not going to try to provide an actual competitive rate; it's beyond unhelpful to give actively bad advice.
I appreciate your advice however this team has gotten me very far in AG and I would appreciate tips on how it can be improved not complete overhauls of the entire structure. I do agree that Liepard is not very good I believe I mentioned that the purpose of Togekiss is because of its serene grace ability which is very good. wyanut can almost always KO a stronger opponent especially if they have set up a ton of stat boosts. frostless is better than Excadrill because of destiny bond which can KO an opponent in addition to setting up spikes. cottenee is also very good. But like I said if you have tips for improving their movesets or making changes to the Pokémon then I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Thank you

Dear Geysers

You do realize that this team is "goofy" on purpose right? It's supposed to be an ubers team... Without any ubers. Mathematicalra here was just trying a unique, mostly unviable, team, and was just trying to make it a bit more consistent. Not all players want to use the same pokemon. Some want a placed handicap on themselves to make the game more enjoyable.

As for my suggestions, I wanted to improve Mathematicalra's team without taking away what made it special (that being the use of less than ideal pokemon) While my suggestions may not be perfect, I tried my best to stick with Mathematicalra's theme.

Last edited:
I appreciate your advice however this team has gotten me very far in AG and I would appreciate tips on how it can be improved not complete overhauls of the entire structure. I do agree that Liepard is not very good I believe I mentioned that the purpose of Togekiss is because of its serene grace ability which is very good. wyanut can almost always KO a stronger opponent especially if they have set up a ton of stat boosts. frostless is better than Excadrill because of destiny bond which can KO an opponent in addition to setting up spikes. cottenee is also very good. But like I said if you have tips for improving their movesets or making changes to the Pokémon then I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Thank you
What do you mean with “very far” since nat dex AG is filled with super new players anything below 1500 is essentially bottom ladder. In my first week of playing on showdown (other than randabats) I got to 1500 on nat dex AG with a team I downloaded from victory road vgc. As Geysers stated if you are just trying to have fun go for it, but if you want a competitive team you will need to use good Pokémon. also if you wanna play, just don’t the nat dex AG, it’s a echo chamber of terrible teams.

What do you mean with “very far” since nat dex AG is filled with super new players anything below 1500 is essentially bottom ladder. In my first week of playing on showdown (other than randabats) I got to 1500 on nat dex AG with a team I downloaded from victory road vgc. As Geysers stated if you are just trying to have fun go for it, but if you want a competitive team you will need to use good Pokémon. also if you wanna play, just don’t the nat dex AG, it’s a echo chamber of terrible teams.
Thank you for letting me know that I am wrong however I am not asking for people to tell me if my team is bad I am asking how it can be improved please give me real advice that sticks with my tens theme.

Thank you for letting me know that I am wrong however I am not asking for people to tell me if my team is bad I am asking how it can be improved please give me real advice that sticks with my tens theme.
geysers said it already, but i dont know how to give you advice since this is not a competitive team. you cant ask for advice on a forum for competitive pokemon and then not play competitivly.

geysers said it already, but i dont know how to give you advice since this is not a competitive team. you cant ask for advice on a forum for competitive pokemon and then not play competitivly.
That is a good point. I have enjoyed using this team but I agree it is not super great for competitive xD. I am stuck at 1400 and can't really move higher. So I will probably make a new more competitive team soon. Thank you all for the advice.

One of the best teams ive seen. Used for a bit and great. Only problem being a drifblim with mirror coat and bouncing taunt back to froslass, i was able to kill with Ice wind but an amazing team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)