Gen 3 Rate my Gen 3 OU team

This is my (New) Gen 3 OU team. I have not tested this team.

https://pokepast.es/fd3e51039fe52bd5

Meth in Weed (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

This is a standard Tyranitar set, Naive nature because Adamant would make Ice beam weaker. It sets up Sandstorm on turn 1 as a lead. It Dragon Dances, Attacks, and sweeps. Ice beam can check Flygon, one of the largest Tyranitar checks in the meta. It can also hit Celebi super effectively, but a boosted Rock Slide would probably deal more damage. Named after what Walter and Jesse sell in breaking bad.

Bluetooth Speaker (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

When blue guy goes boom boom on metal bird, blue guy can usually do 80+ percent and leave metal bird on low health and in KO range. I invested a lot into the defenses, because I was getting annoyed by every Earthquake and Fire Blast it was dying to. Metagross kinda just, attacks, and not really anything else to say here. Oh, and also blue guy punches rock bird and 4x fighting weak rock. Good Pokemon. Is blue and looks like a Speaker. So I named it Bluetooth Speaker.

Skylar White (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Blissey can usually take non stab Brick Breaks pretty well and OHKOs Salamence, 2HKOs Swampert, and threatens Flygon. Wish can heal the other mons lacking recovery, and it walls special attackers pretty good, taking less than 30% from most moves. Cool Mon. It is named after Walter White’s wife, from Breaking Bad.

Walter White (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Toxic
- Drill Peck

This is a standard defensive Skarmory set. Sets up Spikes, uses Toxic, uses roar, deals big chip damage.
Drill peck is kind of just for some general damage. There isn't really much else about this set.
It is named after the Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Jesse Pinkman (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

This is my Rapid Spinner. Shadow Ball over Psychic because it would also hit the other ghost types, and actually deals more damage. It is immune to Spikes, Sandstorm, Ground Moves, and is the best Rapid Spinner in my Opinion. It loses to every water type though, because they are all faster and can OHKO. Named after Walter Whites partner.

Monika (Dugtrio) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Dugtrio can check many Pokemon, trapping them and killing them. It can come in after Magneton kills Skarmory, and it can trap and kill most of the tiers Pokemon. However, Pokemon that survive a hit from it can usually almost always OHKO Dugtrio afterwards due to its bad defenses and HP. Blissey, Salamence, every single water type, can all check Dugtrio pretty hard. But still a pretty solid Pokemon. The Dugtrio you see here is named after the main antagonist
in DDLC.

Please let me know any improvements I can make to this team and please rate my team. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yo!! I really like the nicknames you gave your mons

For your team, if you gave it spikes it'd make more sense

• You have 5 really good pivots in flygon/blissey/meta/milo/ and dol
  • All of these mons force switches, but all of their checks blank them hard, especially w/o spikes and w/o sand

If you made a skarm/bliss team, like skarm/bliss/milo/dol/dug/zap, I think you'd have a more coherent team that can pivot very nicely, force switches (spikes damage), and can revenge with dug

To explain why you should add skarm/dug/zap to your team:

• Skarmory is a good normal resist that can switch into aeros quite nicely and can abuse dugs locked into eq for free layers of spikes/free roar to rack up spikes damage
    • Skarmory can be drill peck for the gengar switch-in or toxic for starmie (to keep its health low, it has to switch-into the spikes it wants to spin so this helps remove your opp's spin support)

• Dug can trap magneton so your skarmory can spike and roar unhindered, and if your milo gets blown up by a meta or removed in any way, dug patches up your weakness to strong physical attackers like a back DD tar

• Zap patches up your crocune weakness, and I recommend Zap lead so you can bait blissey/snorlax so you can switch to your spiker ASAP
    • Tbolt/hp ice/tox/rest zap is a cool set you can use, I recommend at least 244 speed, 383 hp, and about 297 spdef (calm nature)
    • Tbolt/roar/rest/sleep talk is another good set with spikes

On your team you have heracross which is a good dug punish (eq resist), and breloom would go in that slot if you want a good punisher (spore/stun spore) + emergency dd tar check w/ mach punch

Flygon lead lures spikers/gar/bulky waters, and it can't stay-in on zap leads in fear of hp ice, which in turn gives them a free turn to sub or agil pass

Flygon lead also telegraphs superman, which this team is not but if you want to use flygon I highly recommend superman teams like ABR's Misdreavus Superman team, and you could also experiment with coolmons like articuno

ABR's Misdreavus Superman team along w/ other team dumps can be found here if u wanna look

Happy building and hope to c u on ladder :D

This is my Gen 3 OU team. I’ve had some success with it but I find myself having trouble with HP Ice Jolteon and Physical attackers.
Suicune can be a bit annoying and forces me to go to heracross or metagross. Any pokemon with Ice beam and good attack kills most of my team.
I’m considering Snorlax, Gengar or Suicune. Any reccomendations?

Kamikaze Pilot (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Can kill flying types.
Toxic against physical walls.
Earthquake can kill many pokemon like Metagross and Tyranitar.

Transformer (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Protect

Slow, bulky, physical sweeper. It’s speed is crap and can barely outspeed other pokemon with its speed.
I decided to add some special bulk so it can survive a few special moves before having to switch.
Can also be a physical and special wall.

Death Herself (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Wish

Thunderbolt to deal with pokemon like cloyster and starmie.
Wish to heal teammates to full health and keep them alive.
It used to have Ice beam, but most ground types would just kill it in 1 hit or switch, so I decided to give it HP Grass, which also deals with Swampert.

How Many Faces? (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpA
Brave Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Acts as a Rapid Spinner which is also immune to hazards.
Can psychic Gengars trying to spin-block it.
Earthquake against Metagrosses and Tyranitars.
Brave nature cause like metagross, its speed is terrible, why invest in it?

Hercules (Heracross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

Fast physical sweeper. It can deal with pokemon like Tyranitar, Claydol, Gyarados, etc.
Can outspeed most other heracross (the ones I encounter usually are slower) with Rock Slide.
Also can switch into a Gengars Will O Wisp and activate guts.

Cool little mon (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Kills dragon types with ice beam and STAB surf for Ttar and Claydol.
Toxic for pokemon like blissey.
Recover for more longevity.

I think I should add Breloom. But where?
Hi! I’m not quite sure what the idea is behind of this team. Your main source of offense is booms + Heracross w gon/milo/bliss holding down the fort defensively. However, if Hera dies before sweeping, you’re gonna struggle to make progress. You generally badly struggle to do much to skarm other than chipping it by surprise w bliss tbolt and modest milo, which gives your meta/dol and Hera problems w drill peck. Your team also largely struggles to handle spikes pressure by tar w a frail milo/gon and spikes weak meta that isn’t very physically bulky either. Your bliss is easily trapped by Dugtrio and then the rest of your teams falls pretty easily.

I think the first thing to do is nail down the style you want to use. Leftwingbo gave some good ideas about going for Superman, so let me try to build around your Heracross (or build out your Breloom idea).

first thing is Hera needs a good way to enter the field, and I think Baton Pass Zapdos helps a lot here. It also helps a lot w your rest suicune weakness.I’d recommend it over your Flygon, who looks a bit out of place w the dol and especially if its frail. I’d recommend swap out your milo out for an ice beam cm rest cune to handle mence and lax > bliss. These will help you w waters in general and give youmore booms to pressure your opponent to set up your jolly Hera. Tbh, you might be able to get loom to work there too.

to recap: Zapdos >Flygon.
248 hp / 216 SpD / 44 Spe calm
Tbolt
Sub
Baton pass
Hp ice

snorlax > bliss
standard EVs
Body slam
Self destruct
Focus punch
Shadow ball

suicune > milo
248 hp / 244 spa/ 16 spe
Calm mind
Surf
Ice beam
Rest

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will add dugtrio and skarmory. But should i give suicune sleep talk or surf? Also doesn’t self destruct only have 130 base power?
Although i really like flygon. Do you think i should swap breloom with Hera? Or keep Hera?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)