Rate My Check (RMC)

With a sky-high Defense, Cloyster is able to utilize it into functioning as a Shell Smash sweeper on Ice teams.
One objective thing you missed here is that if you precede a stat name with "a," you should follow the stat with "stat." So here, "a sky-high Defense stat." I prefer to just remove any misplaced as to save words, though; there's nothing wrong with "With sky-high Defense." Anyway, you recognized that this sentence is too wordy, which is good. If I were GPing here, I'd have just integrated the clause into the main sentence because writers loooove their commas as it is; I look to improve flow where reasonable.

Cloyster can use its sky-high Defense to function as a Shell Smash sweeper on Ice teams.

Mmm, nice and smooth. This is pretty subjective stuff, so don't worry about it much for now, I just wanna let you know it's a thing you can do when writing's getting clunky.
It is also able to sweep opposing Ice teams, thus aiding in the mirror matchups.
Ice VS Ice can be considered a single matchup, no need for plural. Honestly, everything after the comma in this sentence is kinda redundant.
Liquidation allows prevents Cloyster to not be from being walled by Steel-types such as Bisharp, Bronzong, and Aegislash, as well as aiding in sweeping Rock teams.
You're not really saving words here, so this is what I'd call a purely subjective change. Try leaving comments to explain your thought process when doing things like this.
Focus Sash allows Cloyster to set(AS)up a with Shell Smash guaranteed and is crucial vs against Sspecial attackers such as Indeedee and Gardevoir in order to set up in a pinch.
Instead of a somewhat ambiguous acronym, I signify incorrect uses of setup by just adding the space and putting the phrase in blue, ie set up. Same goes for capitalization fixes, i.e. special. More noticeable and not ugly. I'd say "in order to set up in a pinch" is redundant here and can objectively be cut.
Alolan Ninetales is a fantastic partner for Cloyster,(AC) as it is able to set up use (changed this in order to avoid repetition of "set up") Aurora Veil to allow Cloyster it to set up easier more easily, as well as threatening Toxapex,(AC) which Cloyster struggles to break,(AC) with Freeze-Dry;(ASC) which Cloyster struggles to break,(RC) in addition,(AC) to being very threatening to it can threaten Swift Swim Water teams with Snow Warning.
  • The other form of setup/set up was used last sentence, it's not a big deal.
  • You can't change Cloyster to "it" here, the sentence just established that Ninetales is "it."
  • The rest of the sentence devolves into a mess of commas very quickly. I'd have just put a period after "set up more easily" so the Toxapex and Snow Warning stuff would have room to breathe in their own sentence.
...set up more easily. Alolan Ninetales also threatens Swift Swim Water teams with Snow Warning and Toxapex, which Cloyster struggles to beat, with Freeze-Dry.
Mamoswine, Piloswine, and Froslass provide entry hazard support in with Stealth Rock and Spikes
Nothing wrong with "in" here. Ever heard "You Got a Friend in Me?" Same deal.
Galarian Mr. Mime and Avalugg are good teammates that provide Rapid Spin support to ensure that (guaranteeing [sth] for [sb], hence why I added "that") Cloyster's Focus Sash remains intact.
No idea what "guaranteeing [sth] for [sb]" means. You're an amchecker, if you need to be wordy to explain yourself, it's completely fine.
Froslass has access to Taunt to deny entry hazard from the opposing team, ensuring making sure that (once again, this is just personal, I'd try avoiding using the exact same sentence twice, I feel like changing the verb would at least prevent it from sounding odd) Cloyster's Focus Sash is intact.
If you try to make each sentence in an analysis unique, you're just gonna drive yourself crazy. Prioritize making sure the writing isn't wasting the reader's time. Sad truth is, most analysis writers just aren't at a level where salvaging repetitive writing is a productive use of time.

was fixing this and gp posted like 4 min before I got done xd it's for https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/snubbull-qc-2-2-gp-0-1.3738413/

Add Remove Comment
RC = remove comma, RP = remove period, AC = add comma, AP = add period, AS = add semicolon

[OVERVIEW]
At a first glance, Snubbull seems to have nothing more than average stats and a common typing. However, its bulk, typing, and access to Thunder Wave make it a great utility Pokemon on many teams. Intimidate allows it to switch into and paralyze or KO physical threats that other walls cannot.(AP), (RC) and it It has a very high physical attack and good coverage to apply pressure where other generally passive tanks its generally passive contemporaries often cannot. Its mono-Normal-typing mono-Normal typing is excellent due to the lack of consistent Fighting-type Pokemon and moves in the metagame. Despite this, Snubbull will often struggle to switch in a second time when its Sitrus Berry is removed or is out of range to be eaten, which usually happens after its first time switching in. Its low Speed and reliance on Intimidate to act as a physical tank can also make it prime for revenge killers, including the ever-present Doduo that it tries to check.

[SET]
Utility (Snubbull) @ Sitrus Berry
Level: 5
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave / Earthquake
- Thief

[SET COMMENTS]
Shadow Ball hits the Ghost-types that Snubbull’s other moves cannot, OHKOing Gastly and dealing serious damage to Duskull. Thunder Wave is extremely powerful speed control and team support for slower teams, but it can be eschewed in favor of Earthquake, which allows it to hit Rock- and Electric-types like Larvitar, Chinchou, and Voltorb, but perhaps just as importantly, (AC) Earthquake lets it deal chip damage to Porygon and Wailmer that doesn’t knock without knocking them into range of eating their Sitrus Berry range. Shadow Ball can do the same to just Wailmer, only less consistently. Thief lets it stay healthy with some consistency and punishes anything trying to switch into it by limiting their longevity through removing their Sitrus Berry making them much more easily KOed without their Sitrus Berry healing, and in Porygon’s case, (AC) Thief removes its ability to repeatedly heal using Recycle. 116 HP EVs and 36 Defense EVs is are enough to comfortably switch into plenty of physically attacking threats like Diglett, Larvitar, Anorith, and, most importantly, Doduo. Specifically, it lets Snubbull live all but one damage roll of +1 Larvitar and Diglett's +1 Earthquake and -1 Choice Band Doduo's Double-Edge. 196 Attack EVs on top of its high base 80 Attack allow it to directly threaten most of the tier with its STAB Return, and to do major damage to Rock-, Steel-, and Ghost-types with its coverage options. 36 Speed EVs mostly just cannot be reallocated anywhere more useful I feel like "more useful" isn't a good phrase here since the speed literally can't be allocated anywhere else , but they do allow it to outspeed common Porygon sets as well as Duskull.

Snubbull has two main strengths that lead to easy synergies: its ability to 1v1 major offensive threats like Doduo and Abra, and its ability to spam Thunder Wave. With a reliable Doduo counter in the team, Porygon, for instance, can afford to run Specially Defensive specially defensive EVs to improve the team’s matchup against special attackers such as Abra, Staryu, and even Horsea. Stacking multiple Doduo counters on a team like Snubbull and Duskull is another option that can create a situation where the opponent’s Doduo just just becomes just a momentum sink for them, giving teammates that are checked by Doduo, like offensive Wailmer, chances to fire off attacks uninhibited. Slower offensive threats like Cubone and Trapinch, as well as really any Pokemon that makes use of Substitute, can also benefit greatly from Snubbull’s presence as a Thunder Wave spammer. A pParalysis on a Pokemon with extremely high Speed, like Elekid or Abra, can even flip crucial matchups for fast, but not quite fast enough teammates like Doduo, Houndour, Anorith, and the aforementioned offensive Wailmer.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
One major variation for it is using it as a lead. Lead Snubbull forces leads like Anorith into situations where they cannot simply get off strong attacks freely like they would want. Spikes users don’t struggle much against it, though, and the common lead Wailmer can simply win the 1v1, so it’s not without flaw. Key moveset variations include Double-Edge and Heal Bell. Double-Edge is usually run in place of Return to do more damage.(AP),(RC) fFor instance,(AC) it deals enough damage to consistently pick off chipped Porygon, whereas Return just knocks it into Sitrus Berry range. The recoil damage can even activate Snubbull’s own Sitrus Berry when it’s taken minor damage, but it can also put Snubbull in range of attacks it could otherwise take. Heal Bell improves the Snubbull user’s matchup against common and powerful paraspam teams that make use of heavy-hitters like Cubone that make quick work of Snubbull, but it’s often not easy to find the turns to use Heal Bell because of the tier’s generally fast pace. Shadow Ball can also be foregone, though it means that Thief will be Snubbull’s only way to deal damage to the tier’s Ghost-types because they both have Levitate. A SubPunch set is another more niche option which can surprise KO Porygon 50% of the time, and guarantee it with minor chip damage from, for instance, a single layer of Spikes. A Choice Banded set can similarly surprise an opponent and score KOes it otherwise could not get on Pokemon like Bagon, Trapinch, and, crucially, Wailmer. Bulk Up is another option to take advantage of Pokemon switching out of Snubbull to get free setup opportunities. These alternate sets do mean that Snubbull loses out on most of its usual utility, however, and its abysmal Speed lets it get revenge killed all too easily.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Physical Walls**: Physically defensive Pokemon like Koffing and Duskull can safely switch into the otherwise dangerously powerful attacks that Snubbull likes to shoot off and cripple it back with Will-O-Wisp, Memento, and Thief. Duskull does take significant damage from Shadow Ball, but Koffing is capable of just outspeeding and outdamaging Snubbull to win the 1v1.

**Cubone**: Despite being a physical attacker, Cubone still can defeat Snubbull. It not only outspeeds Snubbull, but it cannot be paralyzed by nature of being a Ground-type,(AC) and it isn’t immediately threatened by the damage Snubbull can do to it. Cubone’s presence alone turns Snubbull’s Thunder Wave into a much riskier option because it may allow a free point of entry for such a dangerous Pokemon as Cubone. Cubone’s Bonemerang is also likely to KO Snubbull with minor chip even at -1 attack Attack.

**Doduo**: Snubbull is one of the best Doduo switch-ins,(RC).(AP) hHowever, Doduo is ironically one of the best ways to deal with Snubbull, after getting in safely, at least. Because Snubbull relies on Intimidate for its physical defense, it can pretty easily let in Doduo after it makes progress with a knock-out, which puts Snubbull’s user into an awkward situation where, unless Snubbull is paired with a second Doduo counter, Doduo will likely score a KO. Additionally, any amount of chip damage, such as from Doduo’s strategic Quick Attack on the switch, can put Snubbull in range of Doduo’s Double-Edge,(AC) even through the Intimidate drop.

**Faster Revenge Killers**: On a free switch-in switch in and with minor chip damage, Snubbull becomes easy pickings for many fast revenge killers, both special, like offensive Wailmer or and Abra, and physical, like Choice Band Diglett or and Anorith. This can be problematic because many of these threats are ones that, in better condition, Snubbull expects to counter, excepting offensive Wailmer. The opponent can get Snubbull into range of these attacks with Spikes or tactically low-power moves to put Snubbull out of commission defensively.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/weterpete.645476/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/grape-tylenol.593128/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gangsta-spongebob.535530/
Grammar checked by:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)