RarelyUsed CCAT - SS Omastar - Revision

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that Lanturn doesn't fit very well on this team, and that Rotom-C needs to be scarf at this point so for this round I am voting:

Mesprit
Golurk

wow i suck, didn't even toss out a nom this time. my quest for perpetual cccat 2nd place, ruined :[
don't call me out on this, I can't count =(

ebelt rotom-c
pivot lanturn

Winner with 16 votes is Pivot Lanturn from @Molk, ebelt Rotom-C was the second set most voted with 15 votes. So, a new round begin now.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 96 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell
Round 4 Submissions begin.

Rules / Reminders:

• Submissions end 3-4 days from now.
  • There are no more slashes on Pokemon sets. Different slashes can take a team in different directions.
  • You will be unable to change the submission in anyway after the deadline until the revision rounds. So if there are any suggested changes are you set (moves, EV's, etc.) do it before the submission deadline!
  • Refer back to the OP for the main rules, format, and reminders.
  • When you submit your set, think about how it contributes to the function of the team. Also think about what direction you beleive the team should go, and reflect that in the submitted set.
  • Don't just let submissions be the only contribution to this round.
Check the rest of the team in the OP

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Swarm
Evs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Megahorn
-Baton Pass
-Toxic Spikes
-Spikes

It's pretty clear that we need hazards really bad and imo Scolipede is the way to go here. The bulky spread is great and allows us to sponge some fighters while still having amazing speed. Spikes+Tspikes works great as in one match tspikes will be much better while in another match spikes will do. Baton Pass gives us a sweet semi-bulky semi-voltturn core and is great for scouting in general. It makes a nice Megahorn spam core with Esca too.

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fighting- and Ground-types are giving us some p. major issues right now, so....

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

While I didn't feel it was necessary last round, we're pretty laughably weak to Fighting-types right now, especially Gallade and Medicham. Considering both are 2HKOing Escavalier after SR with Close Combat and HJK respectively (Scarf Medicham actually OHKOes 81.25% of the time after SR while Adamant LO Gallade does this 50% of the time with Close Combat from the Offensive SD set) Mesprit seems like a good fit right now. It brings an important immunity to Ground-type moves as well as a resistance to Fighting- and Psychic-type moves. This Mesprit acts as an offensive pivot, complementing Lanturn, our defensive pivot, quite well. This set alters a bit from the one on-site. Psyshock is usable considering this one is running Ice Beam to deal with most physical walls that may get in Escavalier's way. Psyshock is really good as it also allows Mesprit to lure in and weaken special walls for Omastar. Think stuff like Clefable, Cryogonal, and Lanturn. U-turn is used over Healing Wish for the utility U-turn provides mid-game as well as the defensive VoltTurn core it forms with Lanturn. With the current EV spread, Medicham can only 2HKO Mesprit 41.02% of the time with High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock (whereas the on-site spread is 2HKOed 93.36% of the time after SR) while Adamant Gallade will fail to OHKO with unboosted Night Slash (even if it holds a Life Orb)

ss234

bop.

Lilligant (F) @ Grass Gem
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]

O_k this lilligant does a few things for the team. Firstly, it provides a secondary win condition which is always very useful if omastar is unable to sweep. Secondly, it can break a fair few of omastar's counters. Things like clefable, cryogonal, roselia and amoonguss take a lot of damage from this lilligant-you're doing upwards of 83% to fable, 1HKO'ing cryogonal after sr, 2HKO'ing amoonguss after sr the vast majority of the time(even then it's not beating omastar at that level of health) and does just over 40% min to roselia. Things like slowking and lanturn aren't lured of course, which is a bit of a downside, but king is trapped by esca anyway and lanturn is piss ez to wear down so ya. Also, lanturn deals with fire types such as magmortar and moltres, which is cool.

Credit to user: cherub agent for creating the set, it's strong af.

Team so far is pretty much wrecked by HP Fire Lilligant, and I think it's also time that we got ourselves some Stealth Rock. Pretty simple nomination coming up from me, but I think it get's the job done.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 96 Spd / 252 Atk / 160 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Destroys Lilligant, and thanks to Lanturns Heal Bell it's not even that terrible if you mispredict and Druddigon takes the Sleep Powder instead of Escavalier. Sucker Punch is because our team is a bit slow and having a bit of priority would be swell, and Fire Punch is useful since Druddigon can lure out Ferroseed and possibly SDef Escavalier for Omastar. Also means that Durant can't set up on it, and we dont ned to lock ourselves into Outrage to smash Lilligant.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

This is a somewhat odd Mesprit set that i think might have some serious potential on this team. At the moment our team is pretty slow, with none of our Pokemon having anything over 229 Speed unboosted, which means that a Choice Scarfed Pokemon is always welcome. Choice Scarf Mesprit can outspeed and revenge kill many potential threats to this team such as Gallade, Durant, Kabutops, HP Fire Sceptile if we run into that, and more, with just a little bit of prior damage. Most importantly, Scarf Mesprit's Thunderbolt gives us a way to revenge kill Moltres if Lanturn goes down for any reason, getting a guarenteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Of course) and still doing quite an amount otherwise, possibly picking it off or leaving it open to potential priority users later. Outside of just simple revenge killing, Choice Scarf Mesprit would be pretty great at keeping momentum between its good Speed, access to U-turn, bulk, and immunity to Spikes, and i could see it switching in, forcing Pokemon out, and giving us an immediate advantage with U-turn quite a bit, U-turn gives Mesprit a good way to scout for Pursuit users too, simply U-turning out as things such as Spiritomb and Escavalier come in. Although on occasion mesprit ending up trapped might be a good thing, as choiced Pursuits are some of the best set up opportunities for the centerpiece of our team: Omastar. This Mesprit also happens to make a good volturn core with Lanturn, which gives us two efficient ways of gaining momentum. Healing Wish is what really makes this set so appealing to me to be honest, though. A fast Healing Wish often wins entire games from my experiences, and with something as threatening as Shell Smash Omastar on this team, its pretty easy to see that this quick Healing Wish will go to good use in reviving the not-snail late game when nothing can deal with it anymore, granting an easy win.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Seeing as how grass types with Hidden Power Fire can give the team so far trouble i suggest Braviary. I chose the choice scarf set because of its revenge killing capabilities. Braviary is very useful on this team because it brings much needed speed and an immunity to ground type moves. The weakness to stealth rock is a downside but this bird can definitely pull through. Brave Bird destroys all grass/fighting/bug types. Superpower nails any steel/rock/normal type that switches in. Return is a reliable stab move that generaly hits hard. Finally U-Turn is used for momentum but can get you out of the battle as the opponent switches to their counter.

Braviary is also paired up nicely with Lanturn since is absorbs Ground/Grass attacks while also being protected from Ice/Electric attacks and can benefit from heal bell in case of paralysis/burn both of which Braviary doesn't appreciate.

Note: Rotom (normal form) is immune/resists all of Braviary's moveset (although it doesn't enjoy taking Brave Birds) so pursuiting it with Escavalier would help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)