Tournament Rands Slam II - Playoffs - WINNER: CLEMENTINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching round 1 of randslams, i'll be giving a more informed predictions for round 2. 10/16 for the first round isn't so bad but lets see if i can get a higher percentage this time around, so without further ado

MichaelderBeste2 vs Clementine (formats): Not only did these two finish their games first they started off the Post season with dominating 3-0 wins. However, now one of them has to concede their first defeat. I like how Clementine has declared they will bop Michael next round which shows they are going to give it their all, making this an interesting series. Going into this, Clementine has an advantage in Classic while Michael has an advantage in Doubles. However, The skill gap between them in classic is smaller than the skill gap between them in doubles, so Michael does have a higher chance of taking a game off of Clem in classic than Clem does in doubles. Now as for the other tiers Clem has shown more proficiency in gen 7, and BDSP based on their open performances. Michael has won gen 6 and Factory so I imagine he will be choosing those tiers along with doubles. This is where having a higher seed comes into play. So based on all of this my prediction will go to Michael.

Trefleuh vs Crunchman: Both players went the distance especially Trefleuh coming off a nail biting series with Haunter that had Nemo sweating buckets. So for this series Trefleuh has lost his doubles advantage to one of the doubles main, in Crunchman. Next up as far as Gen 8 rands is concerned definitely Crunchman has the advantage he's had a good performance in this tier in WCOR, while Trefleuh doesn't like the tier at all always going back to his glory days of gen 7. Trefleuh definitely has an advantage in classic by playing gen 5 really well, in his previous series. Trefleuh must be pissed right now though cause Crunchman is seeded higher by a measly 1.17% lololol that higher seed advantage would have really benefited him in this series. Looking back on their open performances they've both played all the opens aside from HC (good lads), and Crunchman has had a better showing in all of the opens aside from classic and doubles (factory doesn't really count since it's one point). Even though Tref did have a better showing in the doubles open, Crunchman lives and breathes doubles so i'll still give him this advantage. So with all of that being said i'll give this to Crunchman.

Sunsets vs Typhlosion48: Remember when I said Dorapult had a stranglehold on the gen 8 random battles ladder at one point, well in preperation for random slams he has decided to torment the ladder once again and has dethroned Michaels number 1 spot on the ladder to assert his dominance once again. Sunsets wont give Dorapult an easy time in gen 8 though as he was a top finisher in the gen 8 random battles open. Both of these players played extremely well in their respective gen 8 rands game last round i'm still giving the ever so slight edge to Dorapult. Thing is Classic might be problematic for Dorapult, I don't think he has played enough of the previous gens while sunsets seems to have a good understanding of the mechanics and wincons involved in the previous gens so sunsets get the advantage. These two are so evenly matched it really could go either way but you know what i don't care i'm going to ride this out with Dorapult and he is my pick not just for this game but to win it all.

Losconosciuto vs Chains of Markov: Man idk what is going throught Markovs head after watching a dominating performance by Losco. Losco hasn't shown any weak points in his game whether it be singles or doubles, old or new gen it seems like he has this game of mons figured out on the same level as Michael. Markovs got his work cut out for him. Both guys had insane doubles game. Markov played his doubles end game beautifully realizing that KO'ing zygarde wouldn't be it to his benefit and instead targeted the gengar. When it comes to the gen 8 rands I feel Losco can utilize the dmax mechanic better than Markov so ultimately all give him the edge in this tier. Ultimately I do feel like Losco will end up picking factory, singles, and classic so i'll take my chances with Losco but Markov will put up a fight.

CasualdotExe vs MultiAmmiratore: Remember when I said Multi should not play gen 2 rands with Wiggly cause he'd bleed him dry? Well let's forget about that cause good lord they sure do have an endless supply of stamina going 200 turns in gen 2 in what I can say is a one sided, slow, painful, torturing beatdown, against someone who loves gen 2. Multi played his gen 7 battle factory game well keeping that Raichu-alola in check with Primeape all game continiously applying pressure. Casual has his work cut out for him hopefully that higher seed can ease the burden a bit. Casual has a strong advantage in gen 6-8 as shown through his performances in the open but you know what after watching how well Multi played last time i'm going to pick him this wekk.

Teresbahji vs Longhiep: Looks like Teres has to go through murderers' row to win randslams as he once again has a strong opponent for round 2. Both players are coming into this series undefeated and looking unbeatable. However for one of them this comes to an end this round. Teres has an overwhelming advantage in gen 8 random battles over hiep, while hiep has the factory tier advantage. Even though Hiep is the current Gen 8 random doubles open champion, Teres is always roaming around in the top 5 of the gen 8 randoms ladder. Looking at the ladder itself they both boast an impressive gxe in gen 8 random doubles so this match could go either way neither having an advantage over the other. Honestly both players are pretty evenly matched i can't really choose but if you point a gun to my head i'd pick Teres.

Tob vs Blui: Man if I was Tob i'd be really worried right about now, Blui actually is no joke after his round 1 win over Popplio. Aside from gen 6 he has played gen 2,7,8 really well and I honestly think he's an emerging contender for the title. Tob still has that doubles tier to fall back on whenever he wants to pick up a win or shift the momentum in his favor. As far as the other tiers are concerned I think Blui has a good advantage in most of them. Based on the previous series gen 8 should also be a close game and could go either way but overall i'd give this to Blui.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead

Lady Writer

on the tv
is a Tiering Contributor
MichaelderBeste2 vs Clementine - michael better
Trefleuh vs Crunchman - i think the crunchy man has a bit of an advantage here
Sunsets vs Typhlosion48 - highlight match for sure, i’ll go with sunsets in a nail biter
Losconosciuto vs Chains of Markov - the italian stallion
CasualdotExe vs MultiAmmiratore - another one that should be super close, but giving a slight edge to chiori
Teresbahji vs Longhiep - hiep will pull through
Tob vs Blui - giving a slight edge to tob but this one should be close
Kaneki vs Quimico - kaneki did have a very impressive first round showing, but going to take the more experienced rands player here

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
MichaelderBeste2 vs Clementine - highlight match, if there has to be one, and also two friends. Michael is still as dominating as ever but Clem is a tough opponent as well, both know what they're doing. Michael probably has a solid edge on dubs, it should be quite close in pretty much every other formats
Trefleuh vs Crunchman - Crunchman I hate you for last week; also definitely a tough one for Trefleuh as Crunch plays at least as well, if not better, every formats Tref is good at
Sunsets vs Typhlosion48 - Two great players facing off, the gen8 game will be of the best quality, as far as rands can go. I think Typh is slightly more solid overall
LoSconosciuto vs Chains of Markov - LoSconosciuto still has the widest range of played formats I have ever seen and even if Chains is definitely good, I can't bold pretty much anybody in rands against Losco
CasualdotExe vs MultiAmmiratore - Go snom! also two gen8 dislikers so should be fun to watch
Teresbahji vs longhiep341 - Teres still as dangerous as ever, hiep is one of the best dubs players but so is Teres if we go by sheer numbers. Probably same as last week, hiep is more precise, but Teres is luckier able to bring his opponents in rough waters and navigate his way out
Tob vs Blui - Toby is such a high quality player with a super high skill ceiling and is definitely on fire as of lately so the edge is real; also he's an old gen6/7 rands enjoyer, formats where Blui is probably expecting to get an edge
Kaneki-san vs El químico del pueblucho - Kaneki-san is probably better in current gens but duc is quite experienced in pretty much anything else and also he's a skymin so he can't lose right

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Trefleuh vs Crunchman - Can do more stuff in more gens, also probably less prone to choking
Sunsets vs Typhlosion48 - I do not care who's vs typh in any format and/or tour I'm always gonna bold the goat
Losconosciuto vs Chains of Markov - LoSco, as per their incredible RBTT4 win, is one of the best players around, defo one of the top contenders to win it all
Casual dot Exe vs MultiAmmiratore - I wanna say they're better but this one is probably the most interesting pairing to me, anything can happen here I'm just bolding the player with more experience
Teresbahji vs Longhiep - hiep is a beast and I will physically go after anyone who says anything even remotely opposed to this
Tob vs Blui - V interesting series, tob is the goat but blui is v solid, looking forward to watching the series
Kaneki vs Quimico - I honestly have no idea, I'm not familiar with Kaneki-San's game n all and I know Captcha is solid in oldgens but I've seen them choke won games so ig anything can happen here

can't wait to play Typh at some point

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Congratulations to our Sweet Sixteen! Some thrilling wins and upsets already, and we're only getting started. Let's see what the Rands Slam Playoffs have in store for...

Round 2
MDB2.png
vs-blade-black-panther-logo-hd-transparent-29.png
Clementine.png

MichaelderBeste2 vs Clementine
Gen 8, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons, Multi-Factory

LoSconosciuto.png
ChainsofMarkov.png

longhiep341.png
teresbahji.png

longhiep341 vs teresbahji
Gen 8, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles, Multi-Factory

ElQuimicoDelPueblucho.png
Kaneki-San.png

El químico del pueblucho vs Kaneki-san
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles

sunsets.png
Typholsion48.png

sunsets vs Typhlosion48
Gen 8, Gen 7, Classic, Doubles, Multi-Factory

Blui.png
tob.png

Blui vs tob
Gen 8, Gen 6, BDSP, Classic, Doubles

CasualDotExe.png
MultiAmmiratore.png

Casual dot exe vs MultiAmmiratore
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Classic, Hackmons

Crunchman.png
Trefleuh.png

Crunchman vs Trefleuh
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, BDSP, Doubles

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING YOUR RANKINGS IS WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 9th AT 12:00PM GMT-5.
THE DEADLINE FOR ROUND 2 IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13TH AT 11:59PM GMT-5. GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
We make it goofy out here (ty google search)

Mike The Worst 1 vs Lemon - Mike the worst 1 probably has eaten worse than lemons before.
The Known vs Monte Carlo - A monte carlo algorithm always terminates with some small probability of returning an error result (thanks first year CS theory class), idk I prefer my chances with "the known" result rather than almost known.
Anime Guy 69420 1 vs Phoenix Bishop 342 - I had to look up what exactly teres bahji was referencing and I got a bunch of anime dudes, regardless, phoenix bishop's got the numbers advantage, especially with the ability to move diagonally in a doubles format.
Proven Robot vs Anime Guy 69420 2 - I've watched way too many anime to know that theres some bullshit power that lets some random guy beat the shit out of a robot.
Sunrise vs Charizard08 - He has solar power, sunrise is only making him stronger.
Redi vs CowardlyTobias - Red's just standing there, menacingly, the battle's not gonna happen if u never bother talking to him.
Tryhard.jpg vs Anime Girl - Yet again, anime bullshit trumps the power of some robot/code.
Unlucky Penguin vs I like trains - I could not find some goofy shit to write for tref so we're looking at pfps instead, trains are a great way to isekai someone thats unlucky enough.

Last edited:
Time for some predictions myself
MichaelDerBeste2 (70) vs Clementine (30)
Clementine is by no means a bad player, but like, it's Michael, and on paper, he outclasses in every format. If this were OU, I would raise the number to 90-10, but since Clementine can win with better mu, I will only give Michael 70.

LoSconosciuto (60) vs Chains of Markov (40)
Chains of Markov won a nail-biting series last week, but sadly his next challenge is even tougher. LoSco's proficiency in most formats, including Doubles where Chains of Markov has an advantage over most players, will prove to be too much to handle.

teres bahji (49.5) vs longhiep341 (50.5)
Others don't predict their own games for jinx or fear of getting memed on, etc. I don't have that weakness. Realistically, I think in 90% of cases we actually battle, then I'm 45-55 against teres. He should be more knowledgable in Classic and BDSP. I'm most likely outclassed in gen 8 despite having topped the ladder. I'd say I have a slight advantage in Doubles based on my record vs him on ladder, with the rest of the formats being even. That said, my biggest disadvantage is having to play on phone since my laptop is painfully slow and occasionally freezes for longer than the timer, thus I will most likely not calc anything and at best use / commands. However, I have 10% chance to win on act call alone, and when the math adds up, I have higher chance to win.

Damm u captcha (45) vs Kaneki-san (55)
Kaneki made the biggest upset last round against pokeblade, with the assist of better RNG in 2 games and a choke. Captcha meanwhile eliminated forsh, in a series that I don't know how to take. Kaneki is a fairly fresh face still, while captcha has the advantage of format selection. Ultimately, I think Kaneki's prowess in gen 8 formats gives him an edge.

sunsets (52) vs Typhlosion48 (48)
Gen 8 is a tossup from me. The lack of knowledge of set generation though is what makes this hard to predict. In addition, Typhlosion's playstyle will make or break, as seen in his gen 8 Open games where he got completely outplayed turn after turn. I will go with sunsets here, but this can go either way.

Blui (45) vs tob (55)
While HeroicTobias to Tob is one of the worst name changes (I would keep the original if I couldn't get Toby), he's in good form now, especially in Doubles where he should win. Blui is no pushover though from their display last week, but to come out on top here, they will need some luck.

Casual dot exe (45) vs Chiori Mikami (55)
Someone who is more into old gens vs someone who hasn't been playing frequently for a while. Chiori is favored in all gen 8 formats to me so I will give them the benefit of the doubt since I believe he has higher ceiling.

Trefleuh (51) vs Crunchman (49)
Despite what others think, I believe Trefleuh has the upper hand in Doubles. However, I doubted some of his choices made in some games last week. I do believe Trefleuh will polish his plays and win though, but this will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)