Project Random Tera Types You Are Using & Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Have you ever had that moment of inspiration while building your SV teams, where you suddenly add a very unconventional tera type to your Pokémon? Then you go all excited to share it with the community, but somehow you end up looking like a clown. :psysad:

Well, this thread is now a safe zone for you to drop all those creative tera type ideas you've had so far, and explain why you thought they'd make sense!

I'll start with a few examples:

:sv/vaporeon:
1689024652879.png

Vaporeon
Tera Type: Psychic

So this one is super recent. I see a lot of people running like Ghost or Fairy teras, but I was too worried about Delphox recently. This tera type allows you to better handle Delphox in case it's close to KOing Vaporeon w/ a psychic coverage. It also works as keeping Vaporeon as a Fight resist for like Aqua Tauros, without having to default to Fairy tera. It makes you weak to Knock Off, but ROFL can't win them all.

:sv/brambleghast:
1689024838998.png

Brambleghast
Tera Type: Normal

This one is less wild as I stole it from my time as a UU main, but I liked how it applied to the RU tier. Brambleghast is rarely the mon that will ever tera in a game, so I decided to try to implement Normal tera as a sort of checkmate tool vs Oricorio-Sensu. I've seen most Oricorio run Fighting tera types in recent times, so if Oricorio teras, you keep your Brambleghast as a Ghost/Grass type, and you are immune to its Fighting type Revelation Dance & Hurricane (thanks to Wind Rider), and if it doesn't tera, you can Normal tera yourself to still be immune to the Ghost type Revelation Dance & Hurricane. I'm not sure if I'll ever force this interaction, but it sounds super hype.

:sv/gardevoir:
1689025058064.png

Gardevoir
Tera Type: Ice

Ok so this one is a bit older, but I never got to talk about it publicly. Back when hail was super popular, I saw Gardevoir as my perfect emergency tool vs Cetitan. A lot of people were running Fairy or Psychic tera for offensive purposes, and I saw a couple of Steel teras for defensive ones. However, even with a Steel tera, +6 Ice Shard did a lot, and you had to play Gardevoir quite safe to keep it as a revenge killer. So what I did was put a tera type that still resisted Ice Shard, but also gave Gardevoir the newly added Snow Defense boost it gets, making it easier to tank Ice Shards from Cetitan if it tried to kill you before you could revenge kill it.

Hopefully people can share some funny ideas they've had with this new mechanic so far, as I'm sure there have been some wild situations planned like the ones I've posted above.

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1689026184390.png
1689026191568.png

Silly but very fun when it works idea, since Whiskers is setting both hazards up and wants them up as much as possible, Tera ghost helps perfectly on that, not only allowing u to stop silly ghosts(Bramble, Toeds) but while also providing Ice beam for altaria so alt can't deal with it, basically a "hazards go brrrr" machine

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
idt there's anything in mind like tera normal bramble lol but:

Tornadus
Tera Type: Ground

Used it in seasonals, based on me using it on Torn-T the one day Regieleki was allowed to surprise kill that thing. Essentially, turns around two of its biggest issues - rock and electric - while making it immune to Klefki's twave, which is kinda notable. The reason why I still think its random though is that Ground doesn't really give Tornadus amazing switchup defensively outside of these two, its still very weak to ice and now Tauros, and offensively fight actually fits its coverage best while also making non boots sets easier to get on rocks. Still, blocking Klefki is very nice!

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Tera Blast

I feel like you need the whole set for this, but yes, it's very much Klefki influenced again. Weavile doesn't really benefit much from Tera Fight, mostly because Low Kick is widely unreliable, and its the only real tera that flips the rock weakness. So I was like... well ok just use fire coverage if need be. And honestly Ice - Fire - Dark is incredible together, making it so you deal more damage on stuff like Croak or Hera as well as hitting all the steels in one. You also gain a fire and fairy resists, while still keeping the good ice resist, so its pretty cool.

Vaporeon
Tera Type: Poison

This was me arguing with Feliburn about tera psychic and thinking about how funny it would be to have vaporeon as a tspikes remover, so yeah. It kinda switches things up on Tauros, Revavroom, Salazzle, in case you need it. Ik Ghost can technically do it but I really don't like the weaknesses Ghost gives it, so yeah.

Jugulis Tera Ice
When i use rain i let my rainer die then i use Jugulis to destroy anything until he die and tera ice is here to kill Flying and Dragon and Ground type super effectively :wo::woo::woop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)