Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament VI - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Morning wonderful rbtt peeps
Me not managing this year doesn't mean that I won't contribute to our yearly shitpost
While I don't believe in team or managers power rankings, I do believe in one thing: hand to hand combat

Welcome to this year's edition of "Can I beat this RBTT team mascot in a 1-on-1 fistfight?"

:zarude: Team Zarude :zarude:
While I don't think I can realistically win a hand-to-hand combat versus a real life monkey, I have significant advantages over Zarude. I am 10cm taller than the ape and am probably faster (I know its base speed is 105, but Scream Tail's is 111 and I would definitely win a race versus the pink ball thing), and I hope I'm smarter than it.
Therefore, while I will probably get knocked out with a single hit from Zarude, I should be able to move faster than it, and deal enough damage to KO it before it can. Mid-high diff.

:koraidon: Team Koraidon :koraidon:
Onto another beast, I am fairly sure I can't win by legitimate means versus one of the strongest Pokemon in existence.
However, I am very good at riding a bike, and I've owned a motorcycle during my exchange semester in China. While it wasn't a huge one, driving in China can be extremely dangerous, especially when you're a stupid 18 years old riding a motorized bike for the first time in your life. I am fairly sure I can beat Koraidon if I somehow manage to climb on its back and ride it like a bike (easier said than done, of course, but nothing impossible). Extreme diff, but not undoable.

:palkia: Team Palkia :palkia:
Palkia is a huge fraud and I'm here to prove it. Have you ever been to space? yea me neither
Do you seriously believe in a place with nothing in it?? yea me neither
What is a rocket anyway?? You go in?? ???? then you're in space???? does anyone really believe in these?
Palkia is the master of space but I've succesfully proven that space doesn't exist. Huge fraud, ratio + no diff.

:mewtwo: Team Mewtwo :mewtwo:
Mewtwo was born on February 6; therefore its zodiac sign is Aquarius. I was born on October 31, my zodiac sign is Scorpio.
While Scorpio obviously refers to scorpions, real life animals that can actually hurt you (kill you tbf), what the fuck even is an aquarius? Have you ever met an aquarius?
Scorpions stings are responsible for 3000 deaths worldwide every year (approximately, according to wikipedia)
How many people die every year of Aquarius stings? yup, that's right, 0. No diff.

:chien-pao: Team Chien-Pao :chien-pao:
Chien Pao is a tiger. Tigers are quite close to dogs when you think really hard about it. I am 100% unwilling to hurt dogs. I cannot win, ggs.

:hoopa: Team Hoopa :hoopa:
While a former Hoop Hoop enthusiast myself, I think Hoopa is extremely puntable. There isn't much I can't do to absolutely destroy this little guy and I don't think hand-to-hand combat is Hoop's field of expertise.
I am however aware that Hoopa posseses tremendous powers and that it's a little prankster that can open portals, which makes me think it can simply open one right below my feet, and make it disappear while I'm falling through it, effectively cutting me in half. I would thus have to be jumping as often as possible to avoid this, and I don't think I have the stamina for this. That's gonna be a no for me, Hoop wins.

:yveltal: Team Yveltal :yveltal:
Yveltal is canonically the literal god of death I don't think I can argue with this one.

:latias: Team Latias :latias:
Although it is one of my favorite Pokemon, Latias has a restraining order following the events of the 5th Pokemon movie, which means I definitely won't hold back when it comes to punching it in the face.
With a base physical attack of 80 (way below average), I don't think getting hit by Latias is going to hurt much. On the other side, I've been told my whole life that I was built like a stickbug, effectively giving me Bug STAB on my attacks, allowing me to make quick work of the red plane thing.
Furthermore, Latias is red, which is Liverpool's football team's color, aka Kennedy's favorite team. Over my years on Smogon I have become extremely good at making the little angry british man hold huge Ls, and beating Latias one-on-one is just another one of my very common wins versus Kennifer.
No diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)