SV OU Rain Team for SV OU

So I made a rain team for OU as weather teams usually spark my interest in the tier and I think can have potential to really run away with games. The main parts of the team are the two dragons, Dragonite and Dragapult, with the glue of the team being Amoonguss. Overall the team has a weakness to things like strong electric attacks, but those are pretty rare in OU right now and I've been able to get some decent wins outta these mons over the last few days.
download.png

Dragonite Tera: Normal
Heavy-Duty Boots Multiscale
252 Atk 4 SpD 252 Spe Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed
-Ice Spinner
Dragonite is supposed to either come in on a sleeping opponent or take a hit with multiscale, then retaliate by setting up, going tera normal, and blowing huge holes in opponents teams. Earthquake destroys non air balloon cheese sticks and ice spinner takes care of other dragons as it's other option fire punch would get nerfed in the rain.
download.png

Dragapult Tera: Fairy
Choice Specs Infiltrator
252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder
-U-Turn
One of my favorite pokemon in the tier, specs allows dragapult to wipe even resists off the map in rain as 100% accurate Thunders and shreds would be checks like azumarill, and threatens common walls like dondozo. What's more to say about specs dragapult other than its a terror a a huge part of this teams success
Pokemans_279.gif

Pelipper Tera: Ground
Damp Rock Drizzle
248 HP 252 Def 8 SpA Bold
-Hurricane
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Roost
-U-Turn
Pelipper is obviously the best rain setter in the game, and is a staple on all rain teams. Tera ground allows it to block pesky electric attackers that want to end your rain and to get rid of a stealth rocks weakness if it needs to be switched. Roost is there to stay healthy, allowing it to keep coming in to set the rain up and be an annoyance. Surf is there for accurate power, but hydro pump can be good for more immediate power if needed.
Pokemans_184.gif

Azumarill Tera: Water
Choice Band Huge Power
116 HP 252 Atk 140 Spe Adamant
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Liquidation
-Superpower
Rain pushes banded azumarill, already a potent attacker, to insane heights, allowing it to tear through a lot of the tier with powerful priority aqua jets and boosted liquidations that sent even the bulkiest of mons screaming back to their pokeballs. Play rough rips through dragons (obv) and superpower gives it a strong fighting move to take out steel types that might try and stand up to the blue mouse.
download.png

Amoonguss Tera: Water
Rocky Helmet/Leftovers Regenerator
252 HP 172 Def 84 SpD Bold
-Spore
-Giga Drain/Grass Knot
-Sludge Bomb
-Clear Smog
Amoonguss might be one of my favorite pokemon to play around with in gen 9 OU. Spore support is a huge boon that can shut down dangerous threats, allowing you to either clear smog stat changes away, or switch out into a powerful attacker that can set up on the opponent's switch or on the sleeping pokemon, less they stay in. I've seen this build running around a lot and I can definitely see why. It's mix of bulk and support is insane and it can switch in off healing with regen. and take hits like no other. As long as u play around the opponents cheese stick, it will be a huge part of a win with this team.
FkreeoUXkBwHWio.png

Great Tusk Tera: Steel
Leftovers Protosynthesis
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD Impish
-Earthquake
-Body Press
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rocks
Tusk is one of the best OU mons right now, we all know that. This set aims to be a bulky mon that can take hits while also setting and spinning away rocks and spikes. Defensive tusk is one of my favorite builds as it allows tusk to switch in and safely get rocks up, while not being in danger. Body Press allows tusk to hit with insane damage off its now massive defense stat allowing it to actually damage corviknight pretty well and giving the team good type coverage. It can switch in to tank electric moves that haunt this team, although it does struggle with grass moves. Overall, I think tusk gives this team a strong defensive poke that's going to be key in tough battles.

So that's it. I'm honestly pretty new to playing competitive so the team might have a few holes in it here and there, but overall I think its a solid team. A lot of the movesets aren't super unique, as most of them came from basic smogon sets, but I think they all work pretty well together and can product good wins. I've also been experimenting with both scizor and forretress as bug/steel types historically do well on rain teams. Defog scizor fits nicely and can be a good revenge killer and forretress provides good bulk and can set up hazards while also spinning them away. If there's any suggestions y'all have please let me know. Thanks!

ironwater edit: moved the thread to the RMT forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Swap azu for banded floatzel or bareskewda because of swift swim and gross tera water wave crash/ liquidation. Plus I am pretty sure they both get aqua jet if you need it in a pich. Azu works, but it tends to be too slow while not getting off enough damage with aqua jet. If you want to use azu try going for a belly drum set instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)