SV OU RADICA PSYSPAM (Wake + Pao Suspect reqs team 72-11 record)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader

Hello, I decided to post this team because in the last month there hasn't been a notable team posted regarding the whole PsySpam movement going on from the last month and a half. So here presenting awyp's famous Psyspam team!

POKEPASTE (CLICK HERE TO ABUSE IT)

"Radica why you leave and go?!?!"

Radica =
1678649142699.png

sidenote: i never ladder to peak, even though i got in the 1800s a few times so the team is VERY capable of peaking in the top 100 ez.
1678649715529.png

1678649776328.png

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

:sv/indeedee: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Polteageist:
In order to make a PsySpam you need 3 mons, regardless of what mix you're going with. You need the only Psychic Terrain setter in the current metagame, Indeedee (Shoutout to Indeedee-F the worse variant). You need to make sure entry hazard never gets set, that's the whole mantra of this team. In order to do that you need Magic Bounce + Eject Button (Shoutout to Hatterene). Lastly you need (in my opinion the ultimate abuser of PsySpam) Polteageist with Focus Sash and Weak Armor. It pretty much just nukes everything in its sight, definitely MVP of the team.

:sv/indeedee: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Polteageist: :sv/Armarouge: :sv/Espathra: :sv/Great_tusk:
Now you have to add the rest of the abusers, specifically Armarouge and Espathra. Armarouge's Expanding Force hits like a brick and Armor Cannon is for hitting steel types that resist psychic moves. Espathra who is not here with us, used to just switch-in start calm minding, I personally ran the Substitute + Psychic Seed set for the auto boost on the switch-in. Thank God this thing was banned. Great Tusk was added mainly to throw in entry hazard if needed to break opposing sashers as well as having access to Close Combat for the annoying Ting Lu's that come in on Polt, Arma and Espathra.

:sv/indeedee: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Polteageist: :sv/Armarouge: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/cinderace:
Due to bans and the meta changing after the the Espathra and Chien-Pao transition to uber, there needed to be some changes on this team that I will explain. The most obvious is I have to replace Espathra with another abuser this here I have to thank Takatk for this idea. Baxcalibur was a great replacement mainly because I couldn't keep affording to keep setting Entry Hazard every game, Tusk was more like a one-use mon, mainly brought in the case where I wasn't able to keep off entry hazard with Hatt (I would Rapid Spin). Baxi was brought in where I did not have to worry about the Focus Sash issue on the opposing team, I went with Loaded Dice + Icicle Spear. Baxi was also great because I feel like I need another physical attacker (in certain matchups). It doesn't get burnt so you don't have to worry about that and if you Tera Type Ground, you don't get paralyzed either. Since Baxi fixed my Focus Sash issue, I realized Great Tusk started to lack, Gholdengo stackspam is very popular and sometimes I would just lose the game because I didn't expect the entry hazard / Tusk died too soon or Dengo is blocking me all game. This is where Cinderace comes in, Court Change is the perfect move bypasses everything and makes sure entry hazard gets removed and I run 370 Speed + Scarf so I outspeed a decent chunk of the metagame and speed tie Roaring Moon with a +1 Speed Boost. This is the final team.

The Team

1678652427244.png

Indeedee @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
1678652978606.png

- Encore
1678653098348.png

- Healing Wish
1678652980319.png

- Dazzling Gleam
1678652964058.png

Okay explanation of the set, 317 is a very solid speed tier, I catch a lot of Tusks (max speed even) off with a Psychic KO. You lead with Indeedee 90% of the time. The times you don't will be because there's a popular Knock Off user lead, and in situations like that you can't auto-pivot to Hatt for a free turn so you have to play around it. I usually lead Baxi in these situations (Usually Meow leads mess up the mojo). Leads like Orthoworm you cannot let lead since Psychic won't do enough and it'll get a free sub up, so in situations like that I lead with Armarouge always. Psychic is standard hits really hard on certain things and provides solid chip damage. Dazzling Gleam is to hit certain Dragon / Dark types that switch in (Shoutout to Hydreigon). Healing Wish is a must on these sets because it allows you to help one of your mons heal up especially if the Focus Sash was not activated. Lastly the star move, Encore. Mons will usually try to setup or heal in Indeedee's face and if you can predict it right it will allow you a free switch-in to Polt, Baxi, or Arma.

Hatterene (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
1678653020429.png

- Healing Wish
1678652982758.png

- Psyshock
1678652984287.png

- Dazzling Gleam
1678652961965.png

Standard Eject set, hasn't changed it since the first iteration of the team. Nuzzle is to paralyze certain Pokémon's setting up in your face like Dragonite. Having another Healing Wish user is very ideal since its hard to use them both in one game, so it's nice to have options. Psyshock is mainly for Blisseys who want to switch in, as well as hitting things overall that have a higher special defense. Lastly Dazzling Gleam is a solid STAB move to hit Dark / Dragon types. I Tera Type Steel here if Glimmora tries to Mortal Spin, so I'll block it and finish Glimm off. Speed is to outspeed Pex, Nacl, Torkoal, Clodsire, and Dondozo.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
1678653103652.png

- Shadow Ball
1678652915827.png

- Stored Power
1678652986680.png

- Tera Blast
1678653106188.png

The star of the show, the MVP. I decided to go with Modest to really break things that are usually cusping. +3 Shell Smash (under Psychic Terrain) Stored Power kills Blissey. I feel like that paints a good picture on how dangerous this thing can get. Expect it to be OU next month (I'm calling it). I don't mind using Timid but if I get the Weak Armor boost + Shell Smash boost I outspeed the whole meta aside from Jolly Floatzel under Rain and Barraskewda under Rain. Shadow Ball is standard, usually meant to hit steel types on a predicting switch like Corviknight / Kingambit. Stored Power really pummels through everything at +3 including SpDef based Dondozo. Tera Blast is usually here for Dark Switch-Ins including just hitting Steel types. The most common switch-in you will see is Kingambit and at that point it becomes a "who tera predicts right mental competition". I've tried other Tera Types before like Fairy but like I said I really need to be hitting steel types.

Armarouge @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
- Endure
1678653109235.png

- Armor Cannon
1678653176930.png

- Destiny Bond
1678652907445.png

- Expanding Force
1678652989098.png

Armarouge! fun fact I wrote the initial quick look / analysis on Armarouge (HERE). Always thought it was an underrated Pokémon and now that it's finally sticking in OU I can say I'm a proud father. Shoutout to Lifeismyth I stole this set from him, and I have to give credit where credit is due. Prior, I was using the Calm Mind set which I really liked but it didn't give the cat multiple lives like this set. Endure allows you to use your sash and endure another hit, what this does is allow you to get +3 Speed Boost as well as take on mons who hit multiple times in one turn like Breloom / Baxcalibur. Armor Cannon is a must to hit steel types including threats like Corviknight and Armarouge. Expanding Force does 120 Base not including the STAB boost and Psychic Terrain boost, it really hits hard. Destiny Bond is to pretty much take your opponent down with you if you cannot touch them with other Pokémon on the team or if your current move set doesn't allow it, an example here can be Ting Lu.

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
1678653002388.png

- Icicle Spear
1678653242366.png

- Earthquake
1678653192088.png

- Glaive Rush
1678653004567.png

My favorite Baxcalibur set, I do miss Ice Shard but it's not important in a team where priority moves are not allowed to exist. You have to go with Jolly to outspeed +1 Roaring Moon with Booster Energy which allows you to reach 600 Speed +2. Dragon Dance The most 2 common mons I tera are Baxi or Polt, and it really depends on the matchup fish. It is an quite bulky mon, I've won straight games where someone is trying to paralyze me or hit me with a move that hits super effectively and it saves me the game because of Tera. Ground Tera Type is ideal +1 it allows you to OHKO Torkoal if needed. EQ is to hit Steel Types and a majority of things neutrally that aren't Flying / have Levitate / Grass. Glaive Rush is essentially Outrage but without any of the downfalls of being confused. Icicle Spear is the MVP move, like I said before I don't rely on entry hazard so this mon is extremely important for breaking the opposing teams sashes.

Cinderace @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
1678653152314.png

- Pyro Ball
1678653170501.png

- Tera Blast
1678653121819.png

- Court Change
1678653120637.png

Lastly, and my favorite change to this team is Cindy who's a back to back feature from my first RMT I dropped in January of this year. This Cinderace set is a bit different, I really like the Speed Tier it provides like outspeeding the most common Sun abusers like Roaring Moon (Speed Tie) and Walking Wake, Tera Blast allows you to get into range (approx 80-92% damage on Walking Wake) so if there's chip damage / U-Turn once, you'll be able to kill it. Tera Blast is mainly for Dragon / Dark types, its really used to finish off those 2 guys I mentioned under Sun if my other mons are down. Pyro Ball is an amazing move if it doesn't miss. U-Turn allows me to keep my momentum and switch out and chip when needed, and lastly Court Change bypasses Gholdengo and even if I sack Cinderace (Unless Dengo goes for the Shadow Ball), I forcefully always get entry hazard removed from my side because of my speed tier (555).

Threatlist

:Ting-Lu: - Hard to take down, +2 (Shell Smash) Tera Blast (Fighting) from Polt does not kill and it always tries to setup entry hazards, I really like Baxi against it
:Pincurchin: - Obviously problematic when it's setting up a different type of terrain but manageable for the most part
:kingambit: - This thing is very annoying because if it Teras on a Stored Power vs Polt it's a swinging play so you have to predict correctly.
:Corviknight: - Can take a +2 Stored Power especially if SpDef variant and revenge kill with Brave Bird, but extremely manageable (vs Polt)
:Tyranitar: - Yeah probably the biggest threat, since this team is based on Focus Sash being kept, if it gets removed it becomes hard to win but not impossible.
:Hydreigon: - Very annoying to this team especially if it Steel Teras, Cinderace becomes your best bet, just hope Dark Pulse doesn't continue to flinch you on important plays
:Slowking: - Annoying as well, walls Armarouge very well, takes on both attacking moves, best thing to do is Destiny Bond (vs Arma)
:Dondozo: - Annoying but manageable, you have to beat it with either Polt or Arma, it walls everything else pretty damn well.

Replays (I don't save replays first 4 are from my final team, others are prior variants):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1867408618 (Final Squad)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1820411436-lwfm7hx9cnyz0ck5cnpulka2f92w04npw (Final Squad)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1821012376-m61xljil9vye6l6ewjzgt8k4u8zkcpspw (Final Squad)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-679993 (Final Squad - Example of Pyro Ball miss costing the game)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1821008358-uwp6kyubkmo7taufja5wpqpbh564nmdpw (Final Squad)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1819070257-lyedrtkyz9h6r1bsvx5c2k6nl07jdx5pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1819066727-f6moz3b1llcmghdkzqtis8qvjxdev53pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1818173098-q1zqywb6xa8ytw2n8i0t1tppjqhjybzpw

Thank you everyone, please steal the team and destroy the ladder :pika:

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Last edited:

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I was thinking about making a longer post on my psyspam team but I decided to think about the repercussions it would have on the ladder... You're a real sicko for spreading this further. Nice analysis, interesting to have ace as your hazard control. I saw some bax psyspams in SPL work well so I like that pick

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I have personally seen all the sweeps you have done with my own eyes, and I can say for sure that this is

ANOTHER
CERTIFIED
HOOD CLASSIC
FROM THE MAN
THE MITH
THE LEGEND
THE GOAT

ANDVIET
I have also seen all the rage-quits you have done when encountering sand lmaooooooooooooo

Hope to see more heat teams like this, and this team gets showcased on literally everywhere, you can do it man

Is having the 4 HP on Cinderace and Baxcalibur affecting them with rocks up on your side or would it be better to invest it in either defense?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Is having the 4 HP on Cinderace and Baxcalibur affecting them with rocks up on your side or would it be better to invest it in either defense?
That is correct, fixed. Pokepaste updated as well as the RMT.

Love seeing Psy spam still getting love after two of it's best abusers getting banned.

Love the surprise tera fairy scarf ace to get the jump and kill on ww, just be careful if it tera waters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)