QC Team, Announcements, and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This thread will serve as our general purpose update thread. It will be used to announce new QC members, developments in VGC that may affect writer's analyses, or remind writers to get their analyses into the Quality Control phase.

This is the list of users in the VGC Quality Control team. The users listed below are responsible for checking analyses and making sure your content is consistent with our quality standards. If you need to have something checked or approved, these are the people to talk to!

Current VGC Quality Control Team Members
yuki (Moderator)
zee (Moderator)
Giokio (Moderator)
Yourwelcomethanku
Namuko Pro

Trial Quality Control Team Members
trial QC members need approval from Raineko, zeefable, or Giokio before posting their checks.

Inactive QC
Inactive QC are those that have gone a significant time without checking analyses. They can rejoin the official team but will need to be approved first.
Jashsmash
DomarpVGC
Grandmas Cookin
Piley

[Jashsmash, 362569]
[DomarpVGC, 526614]
[Grandmas Cookin, 428483]
[Piley, 493619]

[Raineko, 294287]
[zeefable, 501951]
[Netherious, 300598]
[Giokio, 517038]
[Bananers7, 527416]

Last edited by a moderator:
Raineko and I are working on revamps for past generations of VGC analyses. In the case of VGC 2019, totally original sample sets were uploaded to the Dex! The plan right now is for these to cover VGC 2015 to 2020 Series 5

Because these are mostly just simple edits to existing analyses or new samples, we won't be going through Past Gens C&C or have a reservations thread for these.

This thread is just going to be a log of all the additions and revisions made. If you have any suggestions please get in contact with us!

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
just a note to writers - if your analyses have not been uploaded by the player's cup 3 stream (that is April 25), please remove all mentions of restricted Pokemon and/or tweak the sets back to series 7 standards.

this applies to all current writers Raineko Giokio Bananers7 Light Sanctity (and myself lol)

e: im doing this now because my april availability is going to be very limited. yuki will probably remind you if you forget

yuki

So, I think this has been coming for a while now but zee and I are going to be adding Giokio and Bananers7 to the QC team, just initially on trial. We're super happy with their development, and feel that with a few more checks and a bit more practice they're going to be more than ready to be fully fledged QC team members. All this means is that they can officially QC check people's posts, and they will count towards the QC when confirmed by a current QC member.

Series 9 Reservation Index will be going live soon given that Series 9 has gone live on PokemonShowdown. The QC team will be reworking some of the Series 8 analyses for Series 9 usage, mostly just removing the mentions of the Restricted Pokemon, as well as touching up any sets just so the previous hard work put in by all of the writers doesn't go to waste. Keep an eye on the sub to get first dibs at what we think needs a new analysis.

yuki

Just a couple of pings to make here:
KachiVGC can you get a thread up for Comfey please? Doesn't have to be QC ready yet, just open it up with the WIP prefix.
poogang You have about a day and a bit before the 4 day window to get Regirock QC ready.

If either of you have circumstances that have stopped progress on them, please do let us know so we're all on the same page.

yuki

Piley Also need Grimmsnarl into QC soon pal, otherwise I'll have to reassign it

Likelihood is we're gonna be lenient for now because have some shifts taking place soon, so the quicker all of these are progressed the better!

yuki

Bananers7 E-create Chadju Piley Unfortunately we're gonna have to release these, it's beyond the amount of time we can realistically wait before it becomes unfair to other contributors who want to write. You're welcome to reserve in the future, but please make sure they get done.

yuki

Hervalt Can we get a thread going for Urshifu-R soon please? If you're busy or have other priorities, feel free to drop me a DM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)