Pyukumuku Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pyukumuku
Water
Abilities: Innards Out / Innards Out / Unaware
HP: 55
Atk: 60
Def: 130
SpAtk: 30
SpDef: 130
Spe: 5

Level Up

L1 - Baton Pass
L1 - Water Sport
L1 - Mud Sport
L1 - Harden
L1 - Bide
L5 - Helping Hand
L9 - Taunt
L13 - Safeguard
L17 - Counter
L21 - Purify
L25 - Curse
L29 - Gastro Acid
L33 - Pain Split
L37 - Recover
L41 - Soak
L45 - Toxic
L49 - Memento

TMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM12 - Taunt
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM60 - Quash
TM77 - Psych Up
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Endure
Egg - Venom Drench
Egg - Bestow
Egg - Tickle

New Ability

Innards Out: Damages the attacker landing the finishing hit by the amount equal to its last HP.

Last edited:
This pokemon might have some potential. 55/130/130 defenses are usable, and Unaware is a fantastic ability. Recover, Toxic, Taunt, and Baton Pass are all good tools, though the lack of Scald is concerning. Pyu is extremely weak to Taunt itself with next to no decent attacking moves, but against setup sweepers this will (hopefully) be less of an issue.

Quagsire will outclass it in many ways, but the lack of any 4x weaknesses, special bulk, and Baton Pass will hopefully give it a niche.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Pyukumuk
Water
Abilities: Innards Out / Innards Out / Unaware
HP: 55
Atk: 60
Def: 130
SpAtk: 30
SpDef: 130
Spe: 5

Level Up

L1 - Baton Pass
L1 - Water Sport
L1 - Mud Sport
L1 - Harden
L1 - Bide
L5 - Helping Hand
L9 - Taunt
L13 - Safeguard
L17 - Counter
L21 - Purify
L25 - Curse
L29 - Gastro Acid
L33 - Pain Split
L37 - Recover
L41 - Soak
L45 - Toxic
L49 - Memento

TMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM12 - Taunt
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM60 - Quash
TM77 - Psych Up
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Endure
Egg - Venom Drench
Egg - Bestow
Egg - Tickle

New Ability

Innards Out: Damages the attacker landing the finishing hit by the amount equal to its last HP.
Thanks Nexus!

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
At first glance this seems very nice for stall builds, having about equal physical bulk as Quagsire, far better special bulk, along with reliable recovery. I'll be excited for this if the rumors I hear about Unaware being nerfed aren't true, because I could certainly find use for this on stall.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I didn't even notice this thing didn't get damaging moves at first...

I thought Pyukumuku was going to win surprise good mon of the year award, but instead of getting a 180 on mon quality, we got the full 360. This might be one of the worst Pokemon in the entire game, and for all the wrong reasons.

Guess I'll see you guys in 10 years when Gamefreak retroactively starts throwing some moves at this like they've done with a lot of other mons without real attacks before.

Haha this is one of the weakest pokemon I have ever seen. No damaging moves except bide and toxic. This is the ulimate set up fodder its only saving grace is its ability. It has taunt but its main niche will be toxic stalling and baton passing curses and possibly psych up boosts. Also has access to screens. Unaware is another cool ability. This thing is even more passive than wobbuffet at least it gets encore.

Pain Split with Innards Out sounds really fun, at least. I suppose it would pretty much just be Destiny Bond, but maybe better since it heals. This is like one of those challenge mode things, though. It makes me want to make the most viable possible Pyukumuku just to see how far it can go.

Wobbuffet with Water-type, no Shadow Tag, and recovery. Or in more appropriate terms, just Corsola without the Rock-typing and actual moves. Great......
It might not be that good, but at least it does get recovery via Recover (it also shuts down (I think) most setup sweepers with Unaware).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It might not be that good, but at least it does get recovery via Recover (it also shuts down (I think) most setup sweepers with Unaware).
Unaware got nerfed, apparently. It now only works when the user is attacking.

The fact that the only two new pokémon with Unaware (Pyukumuku and Cosmog) both have not a single attacking move still gives me hope that they did not remove Unaware ignoring your enemy´s attack stat (despite what the wording implies). Why would they make the ability completely useless for defensive Pokémon and then only give it to defensive pokémon?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The fact that the only two new pokémon with Unaware (Pyukumuku and Cosmog) both have not a single attacking move still gives me hope that they did not remove Unaware ignoring your enemy´s attack stat (despite what the wording implies). Why would they make the ability completely useless for defensive Pokémon and then only give it to defensive pokémon?
Cosmog at least is supposed to be a joke character with no use (it gets nothing but like 4 non-damaging moves by level-up and I don't think it can even learn TMs) that gets Unaware for flavor reasons (it's a horrible judge of character).

GF has also handed out worthless abilities before. Remember Levitate Fan Rotom or Delibird getting both Insomnia and Vital Spirit?

This is Gamefreak we are talking about. The same people who wont even give Kyu-b Ice Punch. The same people who though Meg-Ray was a good idea.

Cosmog at least is supposed to be a joke character with no use (it gets nothing but like 4 non-damaging moves by level-up and I don't think it can even learn TMs) that gets Unaware for flavor reasons (it's a horrible judge of character).

GF has also handed out worthless abilities before. Remember Levitate Fan Rotom or Delibird getting both Insomnia and Vital Spirit?
Levitate Fan Rotom and Limber Stunfisk both were holdover from when the abilities actually were used. Delibird having redundant abilities is the only one that really applies here. Besides, has anyone actually bothered testing these abilities for changes or are we just taking it on faith of how it's written?

This thing is so slow. It's a weird Pokemon, it looks like it will be a worse Probopass, with better typing but no attacking moves.

the only way this ever sees use is in something like sketchmons or STABmons, where it'll actually have an attacking move to work with, and even that might be a stretch. otherwise, it's the one-trick pony to end all one-trick ponies, because at least something like FEAR aron or shuckle can still do something after getting taunted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)