Project PU's 4th Annual Secret Santa

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor

Happy Christmas!

I hope you all are having a wonderful christmas! (or at least a good day if you don't celebrate it!) Today I'm presenting a team for Horodro featuring a core of SD Lycanroc and Torterra.

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break
- Accelerock

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Defog
At the start I only had the core of Torterra + Lycanroc, in their analysis both have sets with Z moves. I decided that Lycanroc needed it more, so I opted to use a set of Lycanium Z. Torterra I preferred to use a defensive set, obtaining a rocker in the process. After that I added a Jellicent, to cover Torterra weakness perfectly. After that I realized I needed a hazard control, and I found it in Cryogonal. After that, I had a general weakness to some Fighting mons with access to Knock Off, so I decided to put a Oricorio to help with it, also serving as a proper special attacker. After this I asked help to PTF who noted I lacked a proper check to Bronzor and a speed control, so adding Scarf Skuntank would be perfect for the job. Before finishing wanted to say thanks to Just Call Me 203 for helping me with testing.
Good to note I don't even play the tier, so my analysis might be wrong but PTF said it was a solid team so whatever. Due that you don't have a Normal resist bar Jellicent you might suffer vs Scrappy mons such as Stoutand and Kangaskhan, who can blow the team if not played correctly.
(Ignore the previous post incomplete post I published by accident)

I was tasked with building a team for Juuno, with the core given to me of Torterra and Lanturn, this is what I was able to come up with, I was able to have some fun messing around with it and tweaking it here and there, It has been a bit since the last time I created a team for someone else, I hope you find it enjoyable and have a merry Christmas and a happy holidays. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and also a very merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone else.

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Frustration
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Acid Spray
- Taunt

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey Tack :], and merry christmas / happy hanukkah (hope ur having a good day)!!! you requested for a team around offensive articuno, but i ended up building multiple ones and decided to post all of them. hope you like at least one of them!!

so, im gonna start this by saying building around offensive cuno is honestly not that easy, mostly due to rocks. the set you asked for is pretty weird imo; life orb cuts off on articuno's longevity and hidden power ground doesn't hit anything notable that hidden power fighting doesn't hit (outside of metang). anyway, here are the teams!!!

:articuno::silvally-fairy::regirock::lurantis::lanturn::absol:
https://pokepast.es/3d88c80b6c5122d6

so, for the first team, i wanted to pair articuno with a sweeper that appreciates walls like regirock, metang, and mudsdale weakened / gone. fairyvally fit perfectly due to this, and also provided the team with a mandatory fighting-type switchin. moreover, it could bring articuno on the field safely thanks to u-turn. after that, the team was in need of a normal and flying resist and of a stealth rock setter. i opted with regirock, and here i think offensive regirock is the better set as it appreciates articuno and lurantis dealing with mudsdale and absol trapping bronzor. you could go with the defensive set here obviously, as this set can get pressured pretty fast as it has no recovery. next, the team needed a defog user, and lurantis not only pressure articuno and fairyvally's switchins, but also threatens most stealth rock / spikes setters. it also takes some pressure off fairyvally as a fighting-type switchin, as it can switch into gurdurr and primeape locked into anything that isn't gunk shot. lanturn was added as it provided the team with a much-needed switchin to simisear, slow pivot, and electric immunity. heal bell's also appreciated by lurantis, which often ends up getting crippled with toxic. lastly, choice band absol was added as the team had a mediocre stall mu, and it really appreciates lanturn's slow volt switch. its strong sucker punch is much appreciated, as the team has no choice scarf users, and it can trap special walls like bronzor and articuno for lurantis and articuno. the team struggles against carracosta and fast setup sweeper that can get around sucker punch, such as lycanroc. however, regirock can lure carracosta and kill it after some chip damage, while lurantis can take a stone edge from full. fighting-types can also be an issue, but they can be played around, as the only pokémon they safely switch into / rk is absol. going ghostvally over fairyvally is also an option.

:articuno::golurk::carracosta::servine::musharna::kangaskhan:
https://pokepast.es/e7f1359c309e1b21

this time, i took a different approach and decided to pair articuno with a pokemon that can take advantage of regirock, bronzor, and metang. this is why i went with golurk, which also provides the team with a much-needed rocker. golurk also really appreciates articuno dealing with tangela, lurantis, and mudsdale. i then went with carracosta because it forms a pretty neat offensive core with cuno and golurk, and takes advantage of normal-types such as stoutland that threaten most of the team. servine's the team defogger, for the same reason reasons as lurantis. however, it was chosen over the latter due to its access to glare and higher speed (ev'd to outspeed stout) which this team appreciates, as it also has no choice scarf users. next, musharna's the team fighting-type switchin. future sight's greatly appreciated on this team, allowing all of the team's wallbreakers to further pressure the opponent, and healing wish gives kangaskhan / carracosta a second chance to wallbreak / sweep respectively. synchronize's a nice bonus too, allowing musharna to act as a status absorber. finally, kangaskhan's the team revenge killer and forms a potent offensive core with articuno and carracosta. on this team, i'd personally run u-turn over hp ground on articuno as the team lacks a u-turn user. this also allows articuno to bring golurk and friends safely against walls like bronzor and cryogonal. the team struggles against normal-types, so figy berry carracosta is an option. if you're going figy berry costa you can give the z to either articuno or musharna. since this team is pretty slow outside of the two prio users, you'd ideally want to spread para with servine. out of all the teams, i'd say this was my favourite one to build / test.

:articuno::gurdurr::regirock::servine::skuntank::silvally:
https://pokepast.es/b14b85fb20c4bb31

this time, i decided to take a more defensive approach and cover articuno's main weaknesses. gurdurr covers rock-types and most physically offensive threats, and, in return, articuno deals with tangela, musharna, and flying-types like oricorio-pom-pom. next, regirock's the team rocker and takes some pressure off gurdurr as the normal-type switchin. since the team already had a gurdurr, i decided to go with offensive regirock, which also forms a neat offensive core with gurdurr and articuno. however, you could also go with poliwrath over gurdurr and with defensive regirock over the current set, as the team has no real answers to fire-types like simisear. servine does the same stuff on this team, and is a cool mon. this skuntank set is capable of annoying most teams between taunt, pursuit, and rocky helmet + aftermath chip. it was added here mainly because the team was in need of a musharna answer for gurdurr, as a lot of people tend to use musharna as their only gurdurr answer (or smth like musharna + oricorio-pom-pom which this team abuses pretty well), and it can also 1v1 a lot of annoying fighting-types for the team, like primeape. prio is also nice, as, once again, this team has no scarfer. lastly, sd fairyvally's the team fighting answer, and also the team's wincon.

---

:articuno::servine::stunfisk::kabutops::musharna::sawsbuck:
https://pokepast.es/28d6650a94b980ba

so this is more of a fun team. servine does what it does in the teams above, including the para part. stunfisk's here because it's a rock-type answer capable of spreading para. mush does what it does in the above teams while also spreading para. the kabutops set is a super fun one, and it also forms a potent offensive core with articuno. lastly, sawsbuck is here to abuse all the para spam with serene grace headbutt. i was too lazy to come up with a spread so i just went with (almost) max / max lol.

ok that's all!! hope u enjoy at least one of the teams, and if u have any questions lmk c:

s/o to Scizorphobic, royesk, uhuhuhu7, Estarossa, and KellyKafka for helping me test / get replays / give me some building tips c:

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas tlenit1, even though you gave me the terrible Christmas gift of scarfed Grumpig + offensive cotton guard Furfrou.. so here's the team. I tried my best lmao.
Granbull @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Furfrou @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Toxic
- Rest

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Skuntank @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Acid Spray
- Fire Blast

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
happy boxing day to one Urusius who requested a team built around tailwind volbeat. hope you enjoy it chief.

--> :volbeat: :simisear: :torterra: :lanturn: :silvally: :persian-alola: <--

so i decided to pair volbeat with specs simisear first off. mostly because not many people run fire resists right now and when tailwind is on your side standard offensive pressure like scarf primeape simply does not work.
next i added a fun gimmick i've enjoyed recently which is custap berry torterra. i think the set is mostly self explanatory, but torterra has a habit of tanking things really well and just getting into range of berry, especially when paired with recoil from wood hammer. a priority overgrow wood hammer is also incredibly scary. torterra is also nice for having an immediate advantage vs almost all hazard setters in the tier and does a good job of forcing out mons like regirock. having an immediate advantage vs rockers is pretty nice when your team is offensive (and probably won't find great times to remove hazards).
AV lanturn was the next pokemon selected, as it's an ice resist, a check to opposing simisear (and combusken), and a slow pivot that can get simisear in nicely. i opted for discharge in the last slot because you aren't always getting tailwind up and paralysis support is basically the same thing but better. it also helps lanturn beat sensu which is a pretty big problem mon for this team so far.
silv-dragon chips down mons like regirock, lanturn and eelektross into range of simisear and is a secondary pivot which is always nice.
then i just slapped on fatcat because it's nice psuedo-speed control and z-parting shot is really nice for torterra, silvdragon and simisear.
team has a few weaknesses e.g. silvally-fairy & gurdurr as two notable ones but it's aggressive and i found it fun to use. hope you like it. :)

happy boxing day to one Urusius who requested a team built around tailwind volbeat. hope you enjoy it chief.

--> :volbeat: :simisear: :torterra: :lanturn: :silvally: :persian-alola: <--

so i decided to pair volbeat with specs simisear first off. mostly because not many people run fire resists right now and when tailwind is on your side standard offensive pressure like scarf primeape simply does not work.
next i added a fun gimmick i've enjoyed recently which is custap berry torterra. i think the set is mostly self explanatory, but torterra has a habit of tanking things really well and just getting into range of berry, especially when paired with recoil from wood hammer. a priority overgrow wood hammer is also incredibly scary. torterra is also nice for having an immediate advantage vs almost all hazard setters in the tier and does a good job of forcing out mons like regirock. having an immediate advantage vs rockers is pretty nice when your team is offensive (and probably won't find great times to remove hazards).
AV lanturn was the next pokemon selected, as it's an ice resist, a check to opposing simisear (and combusken), and a slow pivot that can get simisear in nicely. i opted for discharge in the last slot because you aren't always getting tailwind up and paralysis support is basically the same thing but better. it also helps lanturn beat sensu which is a pretty big problem mon for this team so far.
silv-dragon chips down mons like regirock, lanturn and eelektross into range of simisear and is a secondary pivot which is always nice.
then i just slapped on fatcat because it's nice psuedo-speed control and z-parting shot is really nice for torterra, silvdragon and simisear.
team has a few weaknesses e.g. silvally-fairy & gurdurr as two notable ones but it's aggressive and i found it fun to use. hope you like it. :)
Now we're talking

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Merry Christmas, Chloe!

I received the core of Choice Band Primeape + Choice Band Stoutland. This core on paper seems really cool and easy to put a team together due to Ape and Stout beating up on each other's checks, but it was way more difficult than I at first perceived. Not wanting to crutch on something like Sticky Web, build after build I went through and wasn't satisfied with. Trying to cover the rest of the meta in 4 slots was excruciating, and I consistently found myself wanting to go against the core Chloe asked, trading Stoutland for Kangaskhan or CB Primeape for Scarf. I ended up with this bulky offense team, which admittedly doesn't have too many bells and whistles outside of Jolly Stoutland, ran mainly for special Victreebel which all of the teams I build are super weak to. I hope you enjoy using this team, Chloe.

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Facade

Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Rotom-Frost @ Mago Berry
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 248 SpA / 36 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there my man Squash17! Sorry for being late but here's your team:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/d65bacc77bf4889d

So, a little birdie (PTF) told me you wanted a team built around the wallbreaking duo of standard Treeb and CB Pursuit Absol. Believe it or not, this was tough to be sure. I had to consult a few people on suggestions which were very helpful including Specs at least. Anyway, I added your rocker, normal/flying resist, and soft hail check with Regirock. Speed control and pivot with Primeape and gave it Ice Punch for Torterra and an accurate move for the Oricorios. While your only fighting check was Victreebel, I added Jellicent as another to give you another soft hail check (Alolaslash more specifically). It is also a soft Simisear check. Speaking of Simisear checks, Dragonvally was the last addition to this team. It also doubles as your hazard control! I am an amateur builder here so, please forgive me! Enjoy it buddy =)

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Happy Holidays Many! For your present I give you 3 things: a Gen7 PU team, a Gen5 PU team, and my 1000th post! Woo...?

:sm/abomasnow: :sm/torterra: :sm/lanturn: :sm/oricorio sensu: :sm/regirock: :sm/Silvally fairy:
Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Torterra @ Grassium Z
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Oricorio-Sensu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Taunt
- Hurricane

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- Defog

• Your core was Abomasnow and Torterra. Very festive, I will give you that...but a tad weak to a ton of stuff. Luckily Lanturn fixes a great amount of flaws, like the Fire and Ice weakness and adds slow volt switch, so i slapped that bro on there and called the core done.
  • As for the actual mons, I went with RP Torterra because it is a really consistent wincon that I like but honestly SD works too.
  • We will come back to Abomasnow.
  • Now Vic was looking nasty and U-Turn was looking free and Gurdurr was lookin scary so I threw on ori g to punish with a rocky helmet. Also is a good stallbreaker, which helps the Torterra sweep later on by breaking down a lot of annoying walls. Mainly, however, I just wanted something that wasn't even slower that could still give a lot to the team.
  • Regirock is now added for the standard PU Mandatory Normal Resist (tm) along with a backup Flying and Fire resist because I know you like redundancy. Also, note the Thunder Wave. This is because this team is hella slow and doesn't have Toxic so it is handy as a coveted "oh shit" button.
  • Back to Abomasnow. As stated, if this team was any slower it would be going backwards. Slapped a festive scarf on that dude so now it can outspeed all mons that aren't also repping scarves.
  • Silvally Fairy was added to round out the voltturn shenanigans, prevent things like Drampa from just mashing the draco button, and remove hazards.
  • Couple notes: snowslash can be a pain, that is why everything can punish it in some form or fashion. The Abomasnow would actually be better as a Cryogonal...cuz then you can use the silvally fairy slot for a dedicated RK and be cool and all that. Worth a try, but then that's not your core so thats coal and I'm not serving that today.

:bw/torterra: :bw/vanilluxe: :bw/zebstrika: :bw/zweilous: :bw/swoobat: :bw/vigoroth:
Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Roar

Vanilluxe @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Crunch

Swoobat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unaware
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up
- Body Slam

• "But Akir, this doesn't have an Abomasnow!" Yes I know but I wanted to build more than Gen7 so now it is a Vanilluxe, an arguably cooler mon. This team is actually nuts btw
  • First we got that defensive Torterra. Surprise but it actually works as a Normal resist cuz Stout can't 2HKO with Frustration. Nice. The Roar is also there because I know that Vigoroth makes you sweat after what I can only assume to be a really awkward run-in at a party or some shit. This does mean that it runs only EQ, but we patch that up later.
  • Originally the Ice Cream was Specs, cuz I figured out that Specs Blizzard can 2HKO Vigoroth after rocks. But then I realized that Scarf is more fun and more applicable to more situations so here it is. Still hits like a truck. An ice cream truck. Get it? No? ok.
  • Zebstrika is here because it does literally everything you would ever want from a mon. Fastest unboosted mon in the format, near-perfect coverage, checks Jumpluff, Volt Switch...what more do you want? Stop asking for so much. But seriously, checking Jumpluff allows for a lot more flexibility, and Volt Switch combos later just watch
  • Zweilous is here because now the Gen5 PU boogeyman is Beheeyem and that has trouble with Zweilous. Crunch is actually one of the most free moves imaginable, and Dragon Tail is cool to piss off Throhs.
  • Oh yeah my Swoobat set. "Akir that is dumb," you say, "why not just Calm Mind?" Because, reader, this set can 2HKO Beheeyem, Throh, Vigoroth, Klang, and so many other setup sweepers while ignoring all of their boosts wtihout losing momentum. Pop on U-Turn to combo with Zeb and you have Voltturn in a gen that really benefits from having that. Legit a great mon, try it out.
  • Vigoroth really rounds the team out with Spdef bulk and can work as a backup wincon. Also I feel like if you make a mon without 1-2 S rank mons ppl go "oh man you just aren't using enough broken!" and that is silly and this team is not silly it is good. The Speed is to outspeed Adamant Stoutland, which cannot 2HKO after 1 Bulk Up...making Vigoroth a Normal Resist. Thanks and also fuck you HJAD for teaching me that fact. This meta seriously needs tons more exploration.
  • Couple notes: Gen5 is a very "grab the bull by the horns" kind of meta and this team really appreciates very assertive play. Luckily it has the tools to do so, and enough of a backbone to fall back on in case you fuck up. Is that a southern saying? recently learned that "he just wants to get your goat" was a southern saying so now idk. You can also make the Vigoroth SubToxic and then make Swoobat CM and that will also work really well, but then Vigoroth isn't "the broken set" and that can make ppl uncomfortable. Building in Gen5 is actually super, super easy if you just figure out that it matters tons more what you do rather than what your opp does.
  • If you are wondering why the Gen5 explanation is longer: it is because I felt the need to justify it more. The Gen7 one is pretty standard.

This is a terrible 1k post. I will probably make an actual celebration post later. The reason it is like this is because I accidentally pressed the wrong button on my mouse and went to my homepage, thus erasing my first draft after it was 90% done and now I just want to get this out so I can get a ton of other stuff done. But seriously, Happy Holidays Many! Hope you like the teams!

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So i guess I should finally post the secret santa team i was reqested from haund HJAD
That request? a balance team featuring triple simi monkey. it ended up being more of a bulky offense thing imo, but i liked building/playing with it.
1577432204146.png

sorry you got me so it sucks. i used scarf simipour, mixed offensive simisage, and np firium simisear for each monkey simply bc it seems like they're the most viable sets that still provide decent role compression. after this i added fast defog cryogonal+a standard rocks muds to get hazards+removal, and in my final slot i settled w/ a fighting resist in musharna, though at first this slot was a gurdurr which seems like it could work there too. hope you enjoy this monstrosity.

https://pokepast.es/bd63a1ae1e8efb4f <-- team

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Marhaba w marhabtayn ya habib albi, you are Taskr's Secret Santa.

The request is: at least 2 monkey mons - which ones and which sets do not matter.
Hey Taskr, happy holidays! For 4xThePUSS, I've built you a smattering of teams, all variable in terms of quality and which monkeys they use. Biologically, many of these so-called 'monkeys' are not monkeys at all, but I figured building Simi-whatever plus Primeape so many times would be a little too cut-and-dry for our former PUTL. So, I've also built some 'for fun' versions, which include fringe, unmon(key)s like Darumaka, Slaking, Oranguru, etc. There are some cool sets in here, like Final Gambit Shuckle, Grassium Z Simipour, Pursuit Primeape, Eject Button Sableye, Stone Edge CS Aurorus, NP Spiritomb, and more. I also have to thank LordST, TJ, and yogi for testing with me and letting me think out loud with them. If nothing else, I know that you'd be able to build upon any workable ideas or team structures I've touched on here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your double monkey squads!

1577604682438.png

1577604919520.png

Torterra @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Simisear @ Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Substitute

Jellicent @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 12 SpA / 116 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Taunt

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Charti Berry
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Defog

Sandslash-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

-------2-------

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Simisear @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Jellicent @ Rindo Berry
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Taunt

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

-------3-------

Torterra @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Simisear @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Fling
- Nasty Plot

Jellicent @ Rindo Berry
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Taunt

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Primeape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

-------4-------

Tangela (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Simisear @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Substitute

Gastrodon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Memento
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Defog

EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

The number of workable configurations here allows you to bring slightly different versions of the same team to different matches against the same player, and just that small change will more than likely throw your opponent for a loop. SR will be supplied by Alolan Sandslash or Torterra, and removal will be slotted to either Alolan Sandslash or Oricorio-E. Similarly, your breaker slot is very flexible, and one of Torterra, Primeape, or Simisear can take on this role. And thanks to a tech posted by yogi, either Simisear or Primeape can act as your Speed control, leaving you with a lot of wiggleroom to customize this team as you please.
Some of the EV spreads need some explaining: max Defense Torterra can actually stand in as your Normal resist, as Adamant CB Stoutland misses the 2HKO, even with SR in play: 252+ Atk Choice Band Stoutland Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torterra: 169-201 (43 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Kangaskhan doesn't fare much better against this variant of Torterra, unless it's something like PuP + Z-Double Edge: +1 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torterra: 286-337 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Alolan Sandslash with Protect is also here, just in case this plan goes to seed.
I've customized Jellicent's spreads, too; Rindo Berry with a specially defensive spread is important for taking on Simisear (and LO HP Grass Omastar), otherwise, the team just kind of flops to it. Rindo Berry over Colbur Berry is made possible when you use a good Gurdurr resist like Oricorio-E, as I've done here. 12 SpA just barely gets that KO on Simisear after SR, and without this negligible SpA investment, utility Jellicent is more likely to put Simisear in Blaze range, which can be pretty annoying for the team:
12 SpA Jellicent Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Simisear: 222-264 (76.2 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
vs
0 SpA Jellicent Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Simisear: 218-258 (74.9 - 88.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

U-Turn Oricorio-E is pretty cool, as this chips Lanturn and brings Simisear in on Oricorio-E switch-ins, like Rotom-Frost and Cryogonal, which gives Simisear the breathing room it needs to setup with Nasty Plot or wallbreak on config #2.
With Primeape as the primary late-game cleaner on most of these teams, I felt Grassium Z Simisear would be better for removing Jellicent for Primeape. Ice Punch is preferred for RKOing RP Torterra if Oricorio-E isn't running Charti Berry, but if it is, then Pursuit also works in this slot for taking care of those glass cannons like Jynx, Simisear, Alolan Raichu, and friends.
The last version here is from an older meta, but this is pretty much where the skeleton for these teams came from. Sleep Powder Tangela, Memento Gastrodon, U-Turn Primeape and Oricorio-E all aid Simisear in setting up. While there technically aren't two Fighting resists here, max Defense Tangela basically serves as one, too.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1015082392-mwp7ovu7cpzgeyeax9p6elpbisxhn8hpw vs HJAD (early version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033705617
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1034188717-fq7izhyx2qkbg6x9gd9m64wb9xijp18pw vs TJ

1577570449360.png

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Simisear @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Revelation Dance

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Timid Choice Specs Jellicent is one of the best abusers of Sticky Web right now, and if Sticky Web is in play, it outspeeds everything grounded up to (but not including) Persian-A, at 360 Speed total. There aren't really any Pokemon that wall it perfectly without being heavily chipped, so most games with this team really come down to how well have you've pressured the opponent with Specs Jellicent. Your task(r) will be to break or heavily damage targets for NP Grassium Z Simisear like Rindo Jellicent, Lanturn, Eelektross, Silvally-Dragon, etc. Primeape and Jellicent protect Shuckle's hazards via Defiant and spinblocking, while Oricorio-E prevents Defog users from removing Sticky Web via Taunt. I've found both Charti and Yache to be effective on Oricorio-E, mitigating damage from Torterra's Stone Edge and Hitmonchan's Ice Punch, respectively. Offensive Figy Alolan Sandslash is here mostly for weakening targets like Jellicent and Tangela via Knock Off so that Primeape can clean up late-game, but also just as glue and hazard removal to keep Jellicent healthy so that it can continously use Water Spout at maximum damage. In return, Primeape's Toxic cripples targets that Alolan Sandslash and Shuckle struggle against, especially opposing Jellicent and Sableye.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1034204098-pbmpw5e7m9biddqyoqadmh7r8n852i6pw vs TJ

1577528008903.png

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Sableye @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Night Shade

Simisage @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball / Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Discharge

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Simisage is typically used as a mixed attacker, and its NP set is rarely touched as a result of how easy it is to RKO, but Sticky Web turns that notion on its head and enables +2 Simisage to sweep to some extent. The replay below features NP Leaf Storm Simisage, which is super strong, but losing that NP boost can be pretty disappointing and so I've stuck with Energy Ball in this final version.
I still think Shuckle is our best Sticky Web user, but I'm not talking about the same set that everyone else uses (i.e. Sticky Web / Stealth Rock / Encore or Toxic / Knock Off). Shuckle should be using Final Gambit instead of Knock Off to generate momentum, avoid being hit by Defog, and for getting chip on Pokemon problematic to the team. Shuckle provides some defensive utility here in the form of a Stoutland and Kangaskhan switch-in if you decide to preserve it, but if you don't need it, just set up hazards early-game and get out of there with Final Gambit. You can use Encore to force a switch and pivot to one of your webs abusers, too.
Any good webs team needs a solid switch-in to Primeape, and Sableye serves this purpose well. It's also there to spinblock and Taunt Defog users other than Skuntank (ex. Silvally forms) in order to keep Shuckle's hazards in play. Once Defog has been prevented, you'll take a hit, which then sends you into whatever webs abuser has the best match-up against the Defog user in front of you. In this game against LST, I kept Sableye in on Silvally-Fairy (while not knowing his Drampa was actually his Defog user), Taunted, and then used Eject button to pivot into Simisage for the KO on Silvally-Fairy.
The next component I find critical to a functioning webs team is a strong check to all all the Levitate users and Flying-types that avoid Sticky Web, like Rotom-F, Swanna, Oricorio-G, etc. AV Lanturn beats these 1 on 1 pretty consistently, with the exception of a +1 CM Oricorio-E and CB or +2 Dodrio. Its EV spread lets it outspeed Alolan Persian if Sticky Web is in play, and Timid Aurorus if it's not.
In compensating for the team's remaining weaknesses to Oricorio-E and CB or SD Dodrio, I added CS Aurorus as an offensive check. It's also here to bring in and break Cryogonal and Rotom-F with Stone Edge on the switch, so as to prevent Defog.
Lastly, Primeape is here to deter Defog via Defiant, as well as clean up late-game once its checks and counters like Jellicent, Sableye, CS Dodrio, Oricorio-E/G, Silvally-Fairy, etc. have been taken out by its teammates.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1031820271-oba15czkyexaylz0kcwci3eovzmy2djpw vs LordST

For Fun Teams:

1577524167662.png

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Final Gambit
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Spiritomb @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Oranguru @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Nature Power

Simipour @ Waterium Z
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Pinsir @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This team actually has a lot to unpack; Final Gambit Shuckle is amazing and should absolutely be its main set. Simply set dual hazards with the help of Mental Herb and Sturdy, then suicide on out of there with Final Gambit before you're hit with Defog.
As I said above, every webs team really needs a switch-in for Primeape, so I'm using Aguav NP Spiritomb here for that purpose. Spiritomb also lures in Skuntank and scores the KO with an NP-boosted Hidden Power Ground. Spiritomb's EVs allow it to outspeed Modest Drampa and Utility Jellicent if Sticky Web is in play, and Gurdurr if it's not.
Next is the first monkey of your request, CM Oranguru. I don't think you can say Oranguru has a niche really, except maybe its natural bulk coupled with its ability to use STAB Nature Power while not being Fighting weak (lol). If you didn't know already, Nature Power is actually a status move, not an attack itself, so it dodges Sucker Punch when Sticky Web is causing Sucker Punch users like Absol, Shiftry, Skuntank, and Kangaskhan to move more slowly than Oranguru. I could've run Modest here, but Timid Oranguru with Sticky Web outspeeds all grounded Pokemon up to 360 Speed. Colbur here is mostly for living through Spiritomb and Alolan Persian, as well as Gurdurr's Knock Off. Energy Ball grants it coverage against Jellicent and Golurk; the only Pokemon that resist this combination of Normal-Fighting-Grass in PU are Haunter and Oricorio-G, which are handled well enough by the rest of the team (CS Haunter less so, but LO has a few checks here).
The second monkey for this request, Simipour, is an absolute monster on Sticky Web, and just fully sweeps opposing offense with very little support. It wallbreaks for its teammates quite well; for example, Oricorio that might give Pinsir a hard time are checked; opposing Spiritomb that can Sucker Punch on Oranguru are OHKOed; Ice resists like Bronzor, Alolan Sandslash, and bulkier pivots like Type:Null and Eelektross that can give CS Aurorus troubles are either OHKOed or heavily weakened (Type: Null even brings you directly into Torrent range with unboosted Frustration when SR is up on your side); etc. I didn't believe UberSkitty at first, but Simipour is effective to the point that you could argue it deserves a tiny bump on the VR. There's really not much else to say, except watch the replay below and you'll be converted.
No webs team is complete without a good check to Flying-types, and so I've opted for CS Aurorus again here. On Sticky Web, it outspeeds all grounded Pokemon up to 531 Speed, which is pretty much the entire meta outside of CS Flyers/Levitaters and priority users. Another reason why I chose Aurorus here is to bring in Cryogonal and OHKO it on the switch with a well-timed STAB Stone Edge, so that it can't remove Sticky Web; even uninvested, it does 83-98 to max HP Cryogonal, or a perfect 100 to 0 HP / 0 Def Cryogonal: :Cryogonal: 0 Atk Aurorus Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cryogonal: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Similarly, it weakens Rotom-F quite a bit too, so both of these Pokemon are really hard-pressed to Rapid Spin or Defog here (:Rotom-Frost: 0 Atk Aurorus Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Frost: 164-194 (68 - 80.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock). For breaking Cryogonal more easily here, you could alternatively pressure Cryogonal with Pursuit Spiritomb instead of the meme set I'm using.
If you didn't feel like NP Z Simipour was enough to beat defensive teams, Pinsir breaks from the other end of the attacking spectrum and often fully sweeps teams by itself. Pinsir reaches 442 Speed on Sticky Web, which is every grounded Pokemon up to and including CS Skuntank, effectively preventing it from being RKOed by Foul Play users like Alolan Persian and Skuntank. Mold Breaker Earthquake is really nice for breaking Eelektross such that Simipour is no longer pressured by that, and the few Pokemon that would've stood up to both Simipour and Pinsir, like Rindo Jellicent, struggle to stay healthy as they waste a turn when Pinsir's Lum Berry heals off WoW- or Scald-induced burns. Pinsir unfortunately speed-ties with offensive Articuno, but it breaks specially defensive Articuno for Aurorus via Stone Edge.
Would this team be better with an additional check to Flying-types like Alolan Raichu over Oranguru? Probably, but I wanted an excuse to use my Oranguru set and this request was the perfect opportunity. :heart: A few improvements that would go far toward making this team more competitively viable could be Pursuit Spiritomb over NP, as well as AV Future Sight Oranguru over CM to both utilize its strong SpDef stat well and aid both Simipour and Pinsir in wallbreaking via Future Sight.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033603212-yu337cxwwzp9007l4z9g7p6e7v31yhypw vs TJ

1577520989473.png

Balboa (Regirock) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Danny Volbeato (Volbeat) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave / Roost
- Encore
- U-turn

Who nose (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Victreese Witherspoon (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Strength Sap

Simian Baker (Simisear) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Bodhidharma (Darumaka) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

This meme team is based around that offensive Fire-type spam core of Darumaka and Simisear; Flare Blitz from CB Hustle Darumaka in sun is just insane and outright OHKOes or 2HKOes anything that people might use as a Fire resist in this meta, save Regirock. For Regirock, Darumaka has U-turn, and for Altaria, Rock Slide, so bringing this out early-game when sun is in play easily creates a clear path for a Firium Z Simisear sweep.
Check out some of these Darumaka calcs:
:Regirock:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Regirock in Sun: 126-149 (34.7 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Regirock in Sun: 135-159 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Regirock in Sun: 138-162 (38 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
:Carbink:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Carbink in Sun: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%) -- 77% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Carbink in Sun: 197-232 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
:Lanturn:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 220 Def Lanturn: 214-252 (53.3 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 40 HP / 220 Def Lanturn in Sun: 321-378 (80 - 94.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
:Drampa:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Drampa in Sun: 322-380 (96.9 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
:Silvally-Dragon:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Silvally-Dragon: 195-231 (58.9 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Silvally-Dragon in Sun: 294-346 (88.8 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
:Altaria:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria in Sun: 308-363 (87 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 342-404 (96.6 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
:Hakamo-o:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 137-162 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o in Sun: 206-243 (65.8 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Gurdurr:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 200 Def Eviolite Gurdurr in Sun: 348-409 (93.2 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (lol)

The rest of the team is pretty standard; I picked Careful over Impish along with Thunder Wave on Volbeat to help match-ups against opposing Victreebel (252 SpA Victreebel Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244+ SpD Volbeat in Sun: 134-158 (40.2 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO), as any halfway decent sun team needs a way to make opposing Victreebel more palatable. Jolly on Shiftry was a last second change for this match-up too, as Jolly Shiftry will always outspeed Timid Victreebel, unless Victreebel is already at +1 via (rare) means like Z-Sleep Powder, Sticky Web on your side, or Choice Scarf. Outside of sun, Jolly lets Shiftry get a big hit on Adamant Skunk and some variants of bulky Oricorio-G if necessary, and on neutral-natured base 80s that it would've otherwise speed-tied with, like Stoutland. You can easily replace Regirock with Carbink for a better Drampa match-up too, as well as for a faster mon to set up sun early-game, but the trade-offs are having a sturdier check for Flying-types like CS Dodrio on a sun team, and the strength of its Explosion being far greater than Carbink's.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033581735-wupbo6rdtqj5xoz0inkpk8c07573kk0pw vs TJ
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033460967
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033456851

1577521282031.png

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Pursuit
- Slack Off
- Body Slam

Yamask @ Eject Button
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Night Shade

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Strength Sap
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Claydol @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I didn't really get to test this one much, but in the few matches I had with it, it performed as advertised. Activate Yamask's Mummy on some attacker that Slaking isn't particularly threatened by, by being hit with a contact move. Eject Button will then you send you right into Slaking on a mummified mon, at which point you can Pursuit and overwrite Truant with Mummy. Alternatively, if Eject Button has already been used, Yamask can be used to take a contact move and Memento afterward, which also places Slaking in prime position to Pursuit and set up with Bulk Up afterward. Slaking is just insanely bulky after one Bulk Up, and Body Slam sometimes lets you keep setting up with the paras it procs.
From here, I thought about ways to remove Pokemon that might wall Slaking, like Regirock, Jellicent, and Ferroseed, so I came to the conclusion that Grassium Z Victreebel would serve this purpose well. While Victreebel is great for a Grass resist against threats that would otherwise muscle through the team, like Lurantis, Victreebel still can't really switch into Torterra without the help of Air Balloon. At the same time, the team had a wasted slot in Yamask, so at this point I added Rindo Ice Beam Modest Claydol for some role compression and a Torterra lure (its EVs let it outpace Timid Aurorus, but you can go slower and just creep Jolly Torterra instead). Victreebel + Claydol started to build a weakness to Ice-types like Cryogonal and CS Aurorus, and I was missing removal, so CS Alolan Sandslash patched these issues reasonably well. To fulfill your request and round out the team with a second monkey, I added CS Pursuit Ape last for some much needed Speed control. Pursuit is a cool tech, originally from false I think, but it lets Primeape KO Pokemon problematic to the team like Alolan Raichu, Simisear when chipped, Cryogonal, Haunter, Jynx, etc., and in general, any weakened wincon that that the opponent might want to preserve (ex. a weakened Bronzor that can't take CC). Lastly, Ice Punch is there just to RKO RP Torterra, and while RP isn't terribly common atm, this set still needed to be accounted for. This team is fairly weak to Jellicent and Ferroseed, so you could easily try out CS Alolan Golem over CS Alolan Sandslash if you're afraid of Ferroseed stacking Spikes. Simisear and Combusken are also nightmares, which means you could easily run Rindo Jellicent over Yamask and Choiced Slaking to improve those match-ups.

1577520893627.png

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog
- Poison Fang

Oricorio-Sensu @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

Simipour @ Grassium Z / Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Bounce
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 188 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Protect

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

Defensively, this team is really far from perfect, as it's lacking good Ice and Rock resists (lol), but its offensive synergy is pretty much spot on. NP Grassium Z Simipour is a lot of fun and always bops Lanturn for Oricorio-G, as well as Jellicent for Regirock, Primeape, and Coil Eelektross. I still slashed Grassium Z with Waterium Z, because a NP- and Torrent-boosted Z-Hydro Pump is just really consistent and OHKOes so much. Weaken threats early-game with Regirock's Toxic and Silvally-Poison's Poison Fang (Poison Fang is more for Sableye here), up until it's time to set up with either Coil Eelektross or CM Wiki Berry Oricorio-G. Coil Eel is amazing and just completely takes games by itself (as you can see in the replay below); Bounce is here over Wild Charge for better coverage (there are only 2-3 viable Pokemon that resist Fighting + Flying: Alolan Raichu, Oricorio-E, and /maybe/ Rotom-S), as well as for potentially sneaking in paralysis off of Bounce's 30% chance and extra turns of Toxic damage and Leftovers recovery. With Alolan Raichu being such a heavy threat and checking half the team by itself, I planned to check that with Primeape's Pursuit, but it's still such a massive problem here that I considered replacing Oricorio-G with Claydol, or Eelektross with SpDef Torterra while using Regirock's slot for an offensive check to NP Alolan Raichu like Lycanroc. You can optionally forgo hazard control and go with Qwilfish > Silvally-Poison, as Spikes is useful for providing Eelektross, Simipour, and Oricorio-G with that extra bit of chip they need to break more effectively.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1033077209-7ium9ly86ochbmqp5epng5zdgd28ykupw vs TJ

P.S. how did you and HJAD end up making the same PUSS request? :psyduck:

Attachments

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Sixes_, I got your request. Now that's not a good thing because if you want someone to build around weird gimmicks, that's almost never me. And like, I just want to head off the fact that Chimecho is the worst mon I've used this gen bar none, and I really think you'd have a more fun time using anything else over it, like pretty much anything could be fine here. A lot of the time this team took was just trying different sets (screens, TR, HW, Scarf, etc.) and just realizing how bad it is at everything. That being said, the rest of this team is pretty rad so it kinda evens out, and I did my best to preserve the more lighthearted request. In case Chime ends up disappointing you hard too, I've still got a dope MukTrode team for you here.
:Chimecho: :Muk: :Absol: :Torterra: :Swanna: :Electrode:
Chimecho @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Payback

Absol @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Endeavor

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
So Chimecho+Muk is hard to start with, they don't really have much synergy or do a ton for each other. I ran through a bunch of Chime sets, realized they all kinda sucked, and figured I'd just give it the best thing I could find and then kind of ignore it as far as offensive synergy and planning or w/e, it really is just kind of there. Muk gets to patch up defensive holes and be generally pretty annoying though. Once I started with these two, Pursuit trapping became kind of mandatory so I went with Absol. You will need this to Pursuit 1-2 things every single game, but it's pretty good at that. Payback Muk also goes nicely with it, you can consume Jelly Colburs before getting Absol in. Torterra kinda blanket checks a ton of stuff, especially Eel and Lanturn, it doesn't 100% beat all the things you need it to but it's the best role compression you can get and generally manages. Scarf Swanna is intended to compress removal, Simisear checking, and Not Losing To Fighting Types all in one, because Kabutops doesn't really get the last one down. Then I figured if I slapped Endeavor on it it could be a really funny lure for Lanturn and Eelektross to facilitate an Electrode final slot, which is the Speed control and general thing you want to be supporting and working on. Trode is super dope, I know it wasn't the gimmick you wanted but hopefully you'll find it fun here.

I could've also dropped a 3 second TR team like TR chime/Carbink/LO Muk/Crab/Ursaring/filler, but god that'd be boring. Still, it's probably technically the superior way to do this core. But this is cooler.

Hey Musharnanigans, I'm here to wish you happy holidays AND to deliver you one fabulous team on the Simipour/Frostom core you gave me.

When I saw Simipour on your request, I said "He's probably waiting for a lame NP Z Water 3 attacks set." Well, you won't have this. Instead of copying is well known Fire type brother, I looked at his movepool and saw I was bound to make this mon an AoA LO.

Flotoutan (Simipour) @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 Atk / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Motisma (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Defog

Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Ouvrifier (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Ohmassacre (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Acid Spray

Persian d'Alola (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play

simipour oui.png
Flotoutan (Simipour) @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 Atk / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

So I was asked to build on this mon. While I do think there are other Pokémons who do better than him in every aspect, it would be an error to say that Simipour is bad. This AoA LO set gives Simipour a large pool of good MUs, giving him the access to break some threats a non mixed set wouldn't be able to handle. Waterfall being too weak for a main stab, I decided to go on Hydro pump. Superpower is here to handle steel, normal and ice types, while also being a physical 100% hit attack. Gunk shot kills FairyVally earlier than Hydro Pump, and is a great asset vs Clefairy, Ludicolo and Lurantis. Grass Knot is essentially for Gastrodon, but is also a safer choice than Hydro Pump vs weakened Mudsdale or Regirocks.
The spread allows Simipour to OHKO Stoutland with Superpower after SR, to keep a Crotomb away for sweeping if SR are placed, and keeping a good chance of 2HKOing Gastrodon after SR. Yeah, i recommand you to place SR.
frostom oui.png
Motisma (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Defog

At your request, I put Frostom on this team. This mon gives perfect opportunities to bring Simipour with Volt Switch. I tend to prefer Thunderbolt over Discharge on this team, but that's something you can change if you like. Blizzard is mandatory. Defog, however, is something I'm still perplex about (besides my aptitude to procrastinate, that's the reason I post so late). In tests, I ended up using Defog a very small amount of times (something like ~5%) in my games, but all of these uses were mandatory to the win, so I couldn't bring myself to remove it. However, if you felt the need to remove it, I would advise HP Ice.
torterra oui.png
Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

First, with Simipour on the team, my first thought was to put an Electrik immunity to prevent Volt Switch abuses. Second, I noticed that Simipour needed rocks to ensure some kills. So, I ended up choosing Torterra.
I took the Smogon spread, if its relevance is bothering you, feel free to look at it here.

gurdurr oui.png
Ouvrifier (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Definitely needed a sweeper, decided to go with a bulky one. His access to a priority is something cool for the team too.

eelektross oui.png
Ohmassacre (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Acid Spray

As supplement to Frostom's fast volturn, here is Eelektross with the slow one. The only sprain to regulars Eel's sets is Acid Spray over Knock Off, giving a better against Fat/Stall teams, not being walled by Altaria... Running a non-Knock Off set doesn't bind me in using a Quiet nature, so I prefered a Modest nature 12 EV in speed to creep with the legion of base 50 Pokémons.

persian alola oui.png

Persian d'Alola (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Parting Shot can also give Simipour opportunities, and coupled to a Darkinium Z is the best Z-move in the game. That move is especially good with mons like Gurdurr Or Eelektross who lack viable ways of recovering health. Being one of the fastest mon in the tier, having Taunt is a good way to avoid SR on your side, keep Audino away from Wish passing...

I hope that this team made you happy, and that my explanations were clear. I wish you a late Merry Christmas, an happy New Year, and a New Year's Eve full of alcohol.

Hey dibs, and Merry Christmas/New Year! I was your Secret Santa, and was tasked with building a team with Specs Roselia in a FWG Core.

Roselia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Simisear @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gluttony
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Overheat

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

When I was building the team, the biggest problem was the FWG core. Normally Roselia would bring a lot of defensive synergy to such a core, but with this spread and no eviolite it dies easily. So, I paired it with Silvally-Water and Eelektross which both help soak moves aimed at Roselia, whilst being able to bring it back in easily.
Mudsdale is here for a rocker that can absorb ground moves for the team, whilst luring in the water and grass types that Roselia naturally beats.

Persian-A is there to provide glue for the team, and act as an additional pivot that can bring in Roselia whilst also bringing Z-Parting-shot support.

Simisear is the fire type because the team needs speed control and we don't have many other good fire types ( I did try some variants with Torracat, Monferno and even Silvally-Fire but they all sucked)
This team is weak to a ton of things but it's the best that I could come up with so I hope that you enjoy it!

Here's wishing a Happy New Year, and a (late) Merry Christmas!

team for 2xTheTap

request was: lycanrock and musharna "Sets and spreads can be variable, but Mush should be Future Sight if possible"

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonlight

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Lickilicky @ Assault Vest
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Explosion
- Brick Break

Magcargo @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

so I was given what I assume was some desired sets for lyca and musha, I opted to keep them as was, except for adding a tiny bit more to musha's speed, for outspeeding speedtie breaking gurdurrs

torterra was the next addition, a max defensive one to handle the kind of things musha would normally, it has just enough bulk to take stoutland cb returns without a 2hko, in addition to handling other torterras and eq/rock stuff while taking little as possible

silv-water was next, I think this is the first time I used it? anyway, threatening most sr leads with surf + being able to defog and pivot is amazing, I usually lead with this, uturn was over parting for nice chip on lanturns, originally I had tbolt over flamethrower for qwil but i figured why not just nuke ferro/sandslash-alola even harder?

licki was the next chunki boi, i gave him all his fancy moves and av to handle hits better, explosion still hits amazingly hard and you can spam powerwhip against rain teams (could even do oblivious to knock off a volbeats damp rock without gettin encore'd)... brick break over fire punch for a 4x on aurorus, since 3/4 of the other mons already had fire moves I think I could stop now

lastly for meme value, toxicstall magcargo who also functions to my mind as the worlds best lowkey scyther and/or uturn check i love flame body burns, uh its max spdef since even without defensive investment, it'll wall any resists and still die to any special effective hits. normally id put steath rock on this boy, but hes really stressed to get free turns for that with his typing, protect stalls toxic + scouts vs things like ape and hey another fire move! so really 5/6ths of the team is packing heat woo, stay warm this winter and happy new year!

Last edited:
Hey Just Call Me 203 I was your Secret Santa and I received your request for a Raichu-Gurdurr Team. It was an interesting process and I after a bit of testing, I think I got a nice team worked out!
Raichu-Gurdurr Bulky Offense:

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Shiinotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Defog
- Roost

Just to start, sorry for the long description, but I tried to make it all relevant while also allowing you to use the team better. When designing this team, I tried to work backwards from Raichu because I had the feeling that it was going to be the most problematic mon to get to work properly. As I started to test, I realized that my initial hunch was correct, and (almost) everything it does another mon does better. For example, I played around with screens Raichu and came to the conclusion Electrode was basically a strictly superior screen setter. When testing for hyper offense, Alolan Raichu hit much harder and worked with its strong STAB coverage to hit a a large majority of the tier at least neutrally. Finally I tried a bulky discharge support Raichu with static, only to find that even with static, it is still outclassed by Eelektross which is bulkier and has the amazing ability of levitate to back it up. In the end, I decided on using the only niche it can successfully pull off: lightning rod. This essentially gives your team an very fast (base 110 speed is pretty insane, especially in the PU tier) electric immunity. This is in contrast to ground type mons, which are, as a whole, very, very slow. Indeed, the one area in which Raichu is superior to Alolan Raichu is its ability, and I decided to use that benefit to design a balance team with a strong focus on typing and ability synergy, which I believe I've done with the team I'm presenting you with today.
Lets start with Raichu itself. Although without the great STAB coverage Alolan Raichu has, Raichu can still hit reasonably hard (although for best effect try to weaken the opposing mons first, as its neutral hits seldom OHKO other mons) and is blazingly fast when scarfed, notably outspeeding scarfed Scyther and Primeape, as well as Carracosta and Omastar after a shell smash. I also had some success with specs and fightinium z, but in general Raichu is best used for giving speed control. Another benefit that it has is that unlike other speed control mons, it isnt weak to any priority, surviving the likes of Abomasnow's ice shard, Lycanroc's accelerock, and Skuntank and Spiritomb's sucker punch. It's even guarenteed to live Kangaskhan's fake out into sucker punch (provided there are no critical hits)! The next mon I used was Gurdurr, and it was pretty simple finding a spot on the team thanks to its great matchup in the meta right now, with the abundance of dark/rock types running around. Its also pretty bulky and can often out setup other setup mons and deal with stall especially well with with the stellar ability guts, which makes it much more dangerous after being inflicted by a status condition. Next, I used Metang as a bulky rocker that resisted several key types such as dragon, ice, fairy, and rock, all of which the rest of the team needs support from. Metang also acts as a safety valve against bulky mons that, while bulky, eventually go down to a toxic. It also beats Qwilfish, which is a must in this meta. It pairs especially well with Shiinotic, although be careful not to bring Shiinotic in on a fire move. Speaking of Shiinotic, I decided to add it due to its great wall-breaking capabilities. STAB moonblast is a menace, especially in PU which suffers from a general lack of good steel and fire types, which have been snatched by other tiers. Spore is also very good, and can hit anything that would switch in on it defensively. Besides Metang, another mon that works well with Shiinotic is Qwilfish. Qwilfish is the best spikes users in the tier and can help keep other setup users in check, especially with destiny bond. There's nothing better than setting up three layers of spikes on a bulk up/calm mind user who then is taken down by destiny bond. You can also taunt them to make sure they don't do that in the first place, but that's not as fun as nabbing them with the surprise d bond. You can also run toxic spikes over destiny bond, but that can leave the team open to some calm mind mons, especially Oricorio, Musharna, and Crotomb, which might get up a calm mind as Qwilfish is coming in and still be threatening while being taunted. Finally we have our bulky cleric Altaria. While not entirely necessary due to the teams merits even under status conditions, the other members greatly appreciate a heal bell or two, especially a burned Metang or a toxic'd Gurdurr. It also provides defog support and great typing synergy with the rest of the team. It adds a ground immunity, and can usually shrug off random rock type coverage. Just be careful it doesn't become setup fodder, as it is a rather passive mon. You can also run toxic/flamethrower/earthquake over dragon pulse, but I like dragon pulse as it gives the most consistent damage output and isn't completely walled by poison/steel types like toxic is. Although the team is generally pretty strong, especially against the current meta, it does have some weaknesses which can mostly be patched up by swapping out raichu for another mon. For example, the team would greatly benefit from an unaware user such as Pyukumuku to deal with setup and stall mons, which Raichu can't really break through. In addition, without Raichu there wouldn't be as much of an emphasis on ground resists, which would really open up the last slot. I added another team which I feel is much better without Raichu, but the original team is still pretty solid. In conclusion, I enjoyed making the team and I think it should do pretty well in the meta, even with the use of Raichu (which is a pretty tough mon to get to shine properly).

Battles against current meta teams:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1038462662
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1038432362

(This one resulted in a loss, mainly because of me missing two crucial meteor mashes in a row, but is still a pretty good representation of the team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1038456853

More lighthearted games against non-meta teams:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1038437021
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1038452370

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Soak
- Toxic
- Recover
- Block

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 236 HP / 32 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Spiritomb @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
hi RahelGamer03 , i suck and am quite late with this request, but regardless i hope that you like it.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell / Protect

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
You requested Kangkashan & Oricorio-E, which initially seems like a good offensive core, until you realise they struggle with a super huge threat in Regirock, and don't really cover each other's weaknesses that well. That being said, with the right support they can definitely work together. Initially, I added a Gurdurr to cover Regirock, Primeape, and other threats to the team, but it later became redundant, which I'll get to soon. I added Lanturn to cover Aurorus, Simisear and opposing Oricorio-E. Lurantis was added to remove hazards, act as a Mudsdale answer and another Regirock and Gurdurr check. Mudsdale as a general defensive tank and Stealth Rock setter. The EVs allow it to live 2 Choice Banded Stoutland Returns after Stealth Rock and activate its Berry, while simultaneously living 2 Eelektross Giga Drains after Stealth Rock and activating the Berry. Because I had both Lurantis and Mudsdale, Gurdurr was no longer a necessity, and I could replace it with Primeape, as the team severely lacked speed control. I'm quite content with the outcome, although it is quite defensively weak to Abomasnow and Victreebel to a lesser extent. An option to fix this is:
>

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Toxic

By sacrificing the speed, you're able to defensively switch in on both STABs from both Abomasnow and Victreebel, albeit fall to coverage. This helps the team a lot generally with those Pokemon, but I haven't tested it enough so I've listed it as an alternative; however, it does cover these options quite well. It also helps the team deal with Aurorus, if Lanturn gets chipped sufficiently. This may make the team worse against hail and fast Rock-types such as Omastar and Carracosta, but seems to cover these Grass-type weaknesses well. The team has options to cover the aforementioned Rock-types regardless.
Hope this team works well for you. ¡Enjoy!

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hi UberSkitty, happy new year! I was your secret santa, and you requested a team featuring "A usually special mon using a physical set with band. "

:sm/aurorus: :sm/kangaskhan: :sm/skuntank: :sm/mudsdale: :sm/swanna: :sm/musharna:

Aurorus @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Facade

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 188 SpA / 96 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonlight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Future Sight

At first I thought about doing a CB Eel, but I decided on doing a CB Aurorus because it felt cooler, with refridgerate boosted return, and the ability to lure switch ins to special aurorus like cryogonal. I chose to run Facade in the 4th move which could allow you to potentially punish stray toxics/willos. I decided on pairing it with a Future Sight Musharna, which could help with the Fighting-type weakness, while also helping it break through Pokemon such as Regirock more easily. I chose mudsdale as the rocker, not wanting to stack rock types, which could also help with skunk and stout a bit, which would be appreciated given mush can't deal with them.

At this point, Bronzor looked like a nightmare too deal with, (and Metang to a lesser extent) so taunt pursuit skuntank was a nice addition, helping to trap bronzor, and prevent it and other rockers like regi from setting rocks up. Rocky helmet + aftermatch + sucker punch on it also offers some more help versus Dodrio and Stoutland given that Mudsdale is the main answer to them. I chose Kangaskhan to clean up after aurorus broke teams and help deal with faster more offensive teams, and to help provide another great abuser of musharna's future sight due to the fake out + future sight combination, and the ability to punish its switch ins.

Swanna was the last member as I needed hazard control, and it also provided a second fighting resist for the team. I felt comfortable with Skunk + Kanga as speed control on this, however Scarf is also an option, but i personally preferred having a more reliable defogger with two rocks weaks mons, but with taunt skunk you might find this sufficient. (You could also make skunk a secondary defogger if you wished)

Aurorus @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Facade

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Brave Bird
- Hurricane

Musharna @ Psychium Z
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 32SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonlight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Future Sight

This wasn't the easiest thing in the world but I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Lost Soul , sorry for the wait, You gave me a core I have tried and failed with, over and over and over again with. I can't build a team around it with any success and ladder has been, welp dead.

I made 6 full teams on my laptop that I didn't delete and 4 on my phone for this, but none gave me what I wanted.

This one's theme is honestly wreckless speed control with idea bulky mons, more or less showed me don't try to play a game of speed control with stout, You're going to lose more, never great at it.
https://pokepast.es/d503cd805478e761

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Facade
- Superpower
- Giga Impact
Sassy Nature
- Tailwind
- Parting Shot
- Surf
- Defog
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover
- Trick Room
Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Tail

This is easily the best team I made in terms of win ratio and really should be reworked to break hail besides making sacks. The idea was basically double dog winning weather with a gurdurr anti-stall cheese. Banded toxic is a must on paper, lets You abuse jellicent as much as possible. This team obviously struggles with any good fighting offense and so I decided Vic had no reason for max speed. And I can't tell You why i've been using mawile

https://pokepast.es/3c0c2787cfe3127e

Victreebel @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 76 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Toxic
Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Yawn
- Earthquake
Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break
Mawile @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
Kabutops @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Liquidation
- Low Kick

This one I had the most fun with and Really abuses the Wallbreaking abilities of the 2 best of everything I've built and uses some favor mons
https://pokepast.es/0ecf9bb448dd4c6f

Victreebel @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Superpower
- Return
- Pursuit
Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
Shelmet @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Recover
- Spikes
- Encore
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover
- Hex
Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Surf

The rest of the teams I built around the core failed crazy hard or didn't get any test plays, but out of absolute frustration of stoutlands imo bad offensive stats, it encouraged me to use different breakers that are faster and/or hit harder like zangoose, Faticate, and Urasing. Unlike Stoutland/Absol they can 1 shot Eel without hazards, while they all struggle more to switch in and don't beat some mons as hard like cryo/regirock I don't think they are struggle vs ghost types exactly and in fact, zangoose is kind of a monster with pursuit. And again if You have vic+stout You're honestly just double covering jellicent anyhow.

Before a Life-changing new year, Your core concept inspired my new favorite team that helped set the tone for the rest of my night and is 0-6 currently.

https://pokepast.es/1d640a8af03cc689

This Team eats up and spits out the bones of hail, rain, and volt-turners.
Rat and duggy 1 shot eel
Both of poliwarths stabs 1 shot max hp some Special bulk regi
Toxic is a most for base coverage and mudsdales/memento are the most up in the air options. but I like mudsdales to be able to never be chipped away at or status and is otherwise just role compression.

Overall this is the best gravity team I've ever made or seen outside of anything goes where sleep is broken and It rarely is positioned to risk having to miss.

Raticate-Alola @ Choice Band
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Mudsdale @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
Sableye @ Eject Button
Calm Nature
- Gravity
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
Dugtrio-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Memento
Poliwrath @ Choice Specs
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey zoowi, so a little birdie told me that you never got your Secret Santa team. Well, I took it upon myself and not only made 1, but 2 teams with twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx's help. You wanted a core around Type:Null and Chimecho. So, here they are!

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Careful Nature
- Return
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chimecho @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Simisear @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chimecho @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Surf

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

I'm sorry your Santa never got back to you, but I hope you like these! :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)