Tournament Pure Hackmons Tour [Won by cscl]

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

art by bummer
it's the same art I use for everything mashups related but I added the word tour

Welcome to the first Pure Hackmons forum tour of the seventh generation!
This format is a mixture of Balanced Hackmons and Anything Goes. Nothing hackable and usable in local battles is banned. Pure Power, No Guard OHKO, and so much more!

Strategy and sample teams can be found here (first hide tag), or you can feel free to visit the OM Mashups room to find test battles or discuss the metagame. Feel free to reach out to me or the tier leader and Mashup co-leader Ransei if you have any questions about the metagame.

Matches can be played on Dragonheaven or on Rom. Please do not play in custom battle, as we have no way of telling if either user is using more than four moves. Signups will be done based on Smogon Tournament rules, i.e. the first 62.5% of signups get in, and then randomized after that until the tournament is full. Brackets will be made using this generator.

Signups will last for one week. I will make an announcement 24 hours before they close.

For a basic introduction to the metagame you can read this article (highly recommended) or check out the hide tag below.
Pure Hackmons is much more balanced than it's initial concept makes it sound. Despite the fact that everything is legal there are in fact both insane offensive threats and defensive / supportive behemoths. Here are a couple to get you started if you're new to the metagame.

Pure Power / Huge Power

Huge Power and Pure Power boost physical offense sky-high. Mega Mewtwo X is by far the most common and best abuser of this ability, but others such as Kartana, Mega Aerodactyl, or basically any decently fast offensive threat can abuse this ability.

No Guard

Perhaps the most notorious face of Pure Hackmons, No Guard Deoxys-Speed (and occasionally other mons) spams OHKO moves, accurate sleep, and ability suppressing moves to KO anything in one hit while outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame and in fact most of the boosted meta.

Wonder Guard

Wonder Guard is the defensive backbone of the metagame. It allows Pokemon to stomach hits from No Guard, Huge Power, and other nukes of the metagame. Complete immunity to most moves allows for single sweepers to not simply push past a team given a turn of set-up. Most Pokemon that lack many weaknesses have a good niche as Wonder Guard Pokemon.

Imposter

Scarf Imposter is more common than Eviolite Imposter in Pure Hackmons due to the overwhelming KO potential of the Pokemon they are trying to check. Remember to Imposter-proof your teams!

Shadow Tag

Shadow Tag allows you to trap and eliminate threats to your team. There are no real 'standard' Shadow Tag abusers, as the point of Shadow Tag is to be unpredictable, "[11:23:04] +disciple 1: but generally fast bulky mons are good". Remember to be aware of the possibility of being trapped while you're playing!

Be creative with your Pokemon! Pure Hackmons rewards creativity more than many other metagames. These are NOT the only viable abilities. Protean, Unburden, Aerilate, Pixilate, Fur Coat, and many many other abilities are standard sets on certain Pokemon. I recommend checking out the Set Compendium and Viability Rankings for some ideas, and then coming up with your own!

FAQ:
Q: Can I sign up even if I don't know the metagame? What if I lose round one?
A: Of course! In fact, we encourage you to. Joining tours is a great way to learn a new metagame at a higher level. Even if you lose round one (which 50% of people do :toast:) it's still a great learning experience and nobody will think the less of you.

Q: Why is there Endless battle clause?
A: Endless battle clause exists in every Showdown metagame to prevent battles taking too long and lagging the server. Yes even in formats based on Anything Goes.

Q: Can I use Crystal Free Z moves (CFZs) in my movesets?
A: Yes! But keep in mind that CFZs with variable base power (all of the one's associated with a type e.g. Bloom Doom) will have a base power of 1. Moves like Clangorous Soulblaze and Genesis Supernova have their full base power however.

Q: What is the difference between Custom Game and Pure Hackmons?
A: Custom Game is based on what the Pokemon Showdown teambuilder is capable of, while Pure Hackmons is based around what is hackable in game and usable in local battles. Specifically, in Pure Hackmons you are limited to a maximum level of 100, a maximum of 4 moves, a maximum of 6 Pokemon, and Showdown specific moves and abilities such as Paleo Wave and Rebound are unusable, while in Custom Game there is a max level of 9999, the maximum number of moves is 24, the maximum number of Pokemon is 24, and Showdown specific moves and abilities are usable.

Ransei
Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
highlighter
MAMP
Hassin627
LaBalladeDesCieux
pazza
Willdbeast
DugZa
DarkBeserker
The Nyx
a loser
lolLlLcker69
BoopToOblivion
Funbot28
ice-master-523
Balanced Freakmons
regirock
7shoes
OM!
G. Uncle Iroh
Drakus04
cscl
Drachen Schwertkampfer
AnythingGoesLegend
Disciple_1
Arkeis
Vincent Phaeraderio
The Thunderbirds
Chessking345

Type "In" to join!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)