Tournament PUPL VIII: Finals [Won by Moo Moo Milkers]

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
First off, congratulations to the Milkers, very well deserved.

To my Mags:

Well, obviously not the result we wanted. I feel a lot of responsibility for losing twice in finals and again in tiebreak, but hindsight is 20/20, we move. However, with that said, this was undoubtedly one of the more fun teamtours I have ever played in my 6 years on this site. I loved having each and every one of you on our team and felt like we had a lot of super underrated slots and surpassed everyone's expectations. Obviously we didn't surpass our own expectations which was to win the whole thing, but I am incredibly proud of how hard everyone fought to get us here, and especially keeping our heads up through a bunch of results that didn't look so promising in the beginning. The way we turned on the jets mid-season and carried it into the playoffs was incredible, something a lot of teams fail to do and then just do not qualify for the next round. I sent a lot of long paragraphs to try to motivate everyone, and I can't thank y'all enough for how y'all responded to those messages. I did truly believe we could take it all the way, and I wouldn't change a thing about our lineup and active supporters. Love you all and would love to team again.

Drud my partner in crime, we went real hard this season. I think we both care a little too much about winning but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for letting me do what I wanted in BO3 even if it backfired sometimes and for trusting me to lead that slot. Couldn't have done it without you and our countless test games (I actually got alright at DPP PU somehow because of how much you spammed me). Love you bro, let's run it back next time. Also even though we usually only speak regularly when we team together, don't hesitate to hit my DMs if you ever need anything at all. :heart:

ManOfMany my goat and the person who gets me excited to play these PU tours when you're on the team. You're an absolute sweetheart and a really good guy, thank you for all the work you did for me I wouldn't have gotten nearly as many wins without your support in ORAS and SM. Love you my g.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d As much as your builds are unconventional and your nonchalant approach to the game can conflict with my mega tryhard mindset, I loved having you around to keep me and others in check and bring us down to earth. You have fun playing the game and your attitude made it more fun for me as well. Don't ever stop posting those absolutely horrible dn jokes or building absolute crack. Well done bro.

Lily I know the season didn't go how you wanted it to but same, and it happens. I want to thank you for putting in effort and testing your teams and being involved in the building processes, as well as keeping your head up through some tough games. Next time I am foreseeing a killer season. Always a pleasure to team together.

Inder Thanks for stepping up and taking a starting role so late in the season. You were incredible with your prep and the way you approached teambuilding and testing. You're a super positive teammate as well and ever since I got you in UUFPL I'm always excited to team together. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

dnagerbdager I didn't really know you before this tournament but when Drud suggested we draft you for SS I was pretty excited to have a new PU player around. I loved your attitude every step of the way and you came in clutch for us when we had some activity issues with the starters. Keep playing more singles and lower tiers, you are on your way to greatness, thanks so much for the season and it was fun to meet you.

robjr You're an absolute beast and the way you approach the big games makes me wish I put you in tiebreak instead of myself, although I need to work on my self-confidence on the bigger stages so I appreciate you letting me go to work. You already know what I think of your playing ability and I appreciate your willingness to team build and brainstorm ideas when I know you're busy. Even with that constraint you were absolute incredible in play and we would not have made it this far without you for sure. Always a great time to team bro, till next time.

TheKingKarp You are one of my absolute people to team with on this website because of your activity and attitude toward the game. We put you in a tier you knew absolutely nothing about, but you worked your ass off to learn the tier and learn your teams week in week out and absolutely killed it. Can't thank you enough for the positive vibes you spread and you are essential to this team's success.

Aberforth I know the season didn't go how you wanted, but that's completely fine with me. I'd draft you again next time too. You're a great player and I think you know that but still wanted to say don't let this performance get to you in any way, shape, or form. Also your ORAS tests were absolutely crucial even when you weren't starting. Thanks bro.

Dj Breloominati♬ My Indian brother. :heart: Already said this in general but keep your head up. It's impossible not to feel badly after losing a big game (believe me I know), but what defines a player is how he bounces back from that, which I know you can. You have gotten so much better as a player over the past few years, and I was so happy to team with you and have you in our BW slot. I would put you in the tiebreak again in a heartbeat, and we will win this shit soon for sure.

Clementine Thank you for all your work in SM and BW even if we didn't get to get you that much playing time. Your builds and ideas were essential in two slots that we were a little pressed for support when people were busy, and you always took the time to cheer the team on which I really appreciate. Thanks bro.

Akir You workhorsed so hard for this team without even being on the team, but you were basically the 4th manager. Thanks so much for all your work with BW, even when I know you had some IRL stuff going on. We wouldn't have been nearly as successful in that slot without your knowledge of the tier and thoroughness, and I don't blame anyone for the result even though it's impossible not to feel some regret. I hope we can get you in whatever PU tour we play next whether its on the team or just in the cord, whatever you'd like. Thanks a bunch bro.

Heracross2.0 Thanks so much for joining us this season and providing your support for SS. Your test games for me personally were essential to some of our big wins and your unique ideas kept our building fresh. Especially that one time I remember no one else was online except me and you and I made you grab a bunch of SM teams to test with me, and then went on to win that week. I regret not getting you on the team, but even without being on the team your attitude was absolutely amazing, and I definitely want to get you on a roster soon. Good stuff man.

To all the other helpers that joined us for playoffs and stuff, I really appreciate your willingness to help out our team even though we didn't interact much. Really appreciate it :)

To my mags, I love each and every one of you and would not hesitate to get the same team next time. Your spirit was incredible this tour even through our lows. I had so much fun, and I really appreciate y'all playing with me. :heart:
Never forget the Mags Difference
:glockey~1:

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
That's it for us, ggs milkers. it sucks to lose after giving it 150% this year despite different garbage irl circumstances and being 1 game off of winning it all for 2 weeks in a row but what can you do. i hope everyone on the mags had a great time on the team, i drafted a combination some good friends and also people i haven't really talked to or at least not teamed with and i think i made some good calls in terms of who i bought. even if we didn't win everything, we still had a miracle run: we barely made playoffs when we needed to win our last game in week 7 but also the last place team needed to win 2 out of 2 games (love you scraggies), and then we had some super close games in semis to barely get by, just for us to be down 3-4 in finals and tkk having another miraculous win to clinch the tiebreak but thats just the mags difference i guess. im proud of and love everyone on our team and i would draft this whole team again in a heartbeat

ManOfMany Maybe sometimes we had our disagreements on dpp prep and maybe i did make fun of you a lot for not knowing pokemon mechanics but i'd like to think most of it worked out. Glad you were down to be my assistant manager, you did a great job and i love the energy you bring to the table, our oras builds were great all season long thanks to you and you still had solid contributions to other tiers like dpp, sm and ss. let's run it back and win it next year

pdt Before signups even went up i saw the option of retaining you for 13.5?k and it was a no brainer to me. there's no one i would trust more to give it their all in a tough slot like bo3 every single week. the tryhard duo between us is crazy, you're awesome to team with and there's no one else i trust more to help our team stay afloat, towards the start of the tour when i barely had the energy to contribute i asked you to step up and you did. awesome player and awesome teammate, we still gotta win tho so let's do that in the future.

TheKingKarp My brother from another mother. i'm so glad i drafted you, thanks for enduring me asking for dpp tests 15 times a week and us playing at least like 50 dpp tests a week and stepping up in an incredible way in a tier you hadn't really played outside of a few test games before. you are both a prime example of the mags mentality and the mags difference, seeing you grind it out every week and get rewarded with a win kept me motivated to do the same for my own slot. you're improving constantly and you will continue to do so if you keep working at it. keep it up big dawg

Akir Basically an official member of the team and 4th manager. thanks for providing us with good ass bw teams all season long, you weren't that involved with the other slots because you're busy with IRL stuff but that's no problem as you did your fair share and was a major contributor to our great bw record. very glad you came along for the ride

Dj Breloominati♬ Maybe your run didn't finish as hoped but you were great all season long. i remember a few ppl telling me at the start of the tour they saw bw as a big hole in our team's lineup but i wasn't worried at all and you proved everyone wrong. the fact i knew immediately i wanted to pick bw for tiebreak and i don't regret it at all despite the result tells you everything you need to know that you're amazing. keep improving and keep killing it friend. maybe you should play a tier in which you can use nascar metang though

Inder Thanks for taking on a starter role in the second half of the season when we were stuck on some things regarding the lineup. early on in the season you didn't have a very clear role as you were still on the bench but you still contributed to a better team environment and wins with your positivity and support. you're a very motivated player with a lot of potential. even in your SS games you lost you showed greatness, you know what to work on and with your mindset regarding this game i think you'll continue to develop.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d People were sleeping on you but with your unorthodox teams and style you got some really good wins and results. you're just a fun guy to keep around as you don't take anything too serious and you just like playing the game. sometimes maybe you should listen more to critique surrounding your builds but there's nothing wrong with doing it your own way. great season

robjr you really are an incredible player, even when you had a short loss streak and you lost confidence i always kept having 100% trust in you to bring home some wins, i think if you had more time to prep and test the builds you could've gone undefeated. despite you not having the most time in the world you still tried to help other slots at the end of the season and took more time for your own prep and i really appreciate that, good job it was great to get to team with you

Lily maybe not the season you were hoping for but that doesn't mean you did a bad job at all and i don't regret buying you and slotting you into ss all season at all. you had some impressive games where lady luck didn't favor you. you tried to stay involved with the prep, tested the teams you were gonna use and played your best which is all i can ask for. let's win puwc this year at least

dnagerbdager when we were briefly discussing draft plans before the draft i brought up your name as an active ss sub that could contribute a lot despite not playing and the others hadnt heard of you (pdt thought you were a CAP main..) but when it was time for me to pick the last player of the auction i was still sure on getting you even when like 15 ppl dmed me on showdown telling me to buy them. you did all i wanted you to do and you even subbed in once when we needed it, thanks and it was great teaming with you

BeatsBlack i rly brought in some random ass ADV ZU player to help me with dpp for playoffs instead of someone who actually plays the tier and somehow it worked out. your ideas sound kinda stupid but then you try them and realise theyre actually genius (most of the time at least...) i dont think i used one of your ideas directly but the ideas you gave me for finals tiebreak were the foundation for the team i ended up using and you were useful for test games for example too, thanks bro

Heracross2.0 you joined soon after the tour started and you had some nice ss ideas, helping with tests there also and testing with me dpp. as well as you inspiring me to use bronzor (which ended up backstabbing me but np). it was nice to have your support and would like to see you get a chance in future pupls/puwcs

Clementine unfortunately you dont get to make an avi for us but your sm and bw support was appreciated, you always came up with some solid ideas for sm prep and helped spitfire test both of which ended up being valuable. maybe you didn't have the biggest role but your presence was welcome either way and im glad you were on the team

Aberforth sometimes you just have a bad season, happens to the best of us. i dont regret buying you and you testing with pdt and tkk was still big for us. you're a great player and 1 bad record doesn't mean anything

Scottie things i put for aberforth ^ also apply here, though it's weird because you got off to a good start, but then you started becoming less motivated and started making some odd plays as well as the thursday sub thing being annoying for us to deal with. but despite that i dont regret buying you because you're a great player and would like to see team with you again when you're more in form

SergioRules you joined us for playoffs tho you were busy so not the most active contributor but that's fine thx for testing dpp with me and i hope we can team in the future

we'll be back next year. GO MAGS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)