Project PU Media Thread

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
(Art by Datsplashtho) & (OP stolen + edited from NU)
Approved by all PU forum mods

Media.png

Hello everyone, and welcome to the PU Media Thread! This thread can be used to post all sorts of PU mediums, from YouTube videos to social media posts.

Here's a specific list of things you can post in this thread:
  1. YouTube Videos (Suspect coverage, lives, etc.)
  2. Facebook posts (e.g. Spotlights, team highlights, etc.)
  3. Articles
  4. Live Streams
  5. Anything else you can come up with (with permission from Specs or the PU Moderator team)
General Rules:
  1. Please keep the posts PU related.
  2. Don't click bait people (i.e. have it look PU related but be something entirely different).
  3. Don't just spam your videos / posts. Try and have some sort of description to go along with whatever you would like to post. eg. Did some laddering with a cool new Leafeon set, check it out!
  4. You can comment on people's posts here, but don't get too crazy with this. We don't want the thread to be 90% comments & 10% actual Media.
Any post in this thread is subject to removal by the PU moderator team.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the PU moderator team, or PM Specs (me) on Discord at Specs Jigglypuff#1072. Have fun everyone!

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Many people will already know this but HJAD and I do an approximately weekly-ish podcast all about PU called Untier Talk (note the link to the playlist). I won't be posting these every week because that seems like a major hassle but yeah this is a recurring place for discussion between a TL and a council member and we frequently have other guests on too. It's a fairly niche thing and I don't know how much people looking for random casual YouTube videos will enjoy it (all of the views certainly seem to come from a specific dedicated set of fans) but if you're interested in hearing some takes on the meta from people who just spend way too much time on PU, this is a place where you can get that.

I'll also link the most recent episode. HJAD was too busy to do this week so I decided to live record my PU Kickoff r2 winners match vs tlenit1 while also doing some meta commentary. Definitely an interesting series.

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
If you guys didn't know, I have a youtube channel dedicated to uploading mostly PU content. I've always found it a cool hobby of mine to make youtube videos. I've been making videos from as early as 2014, my first channel was minecraft (do not blame me I was 12 lol) and I had around 300 subscribers and if you're wondering, I nuked it so you won't hear 12 yo TTK. Either way, I moved on to League of Legends content on another channel and one of my videos capped around 1.7k views. And now I've been making PU videos since late 2017 and it's been a fun time making videos. My aim wasn't to be the next pokeaim but I wanted people to know more about the lowest usage tier on Smogon and not a lot of poketubers cover PU at all really so I stepped up to the plate.

1588105595632.png

Right now, I'm on 60 subs and one of my goals would be to reach 100 subs this year. Would be nice to see honestly. As of the making of this post, I am currently editing the first episode of a series I did on my channel in gen 7 and I'll leave the link in this post when I upload it so don't forget to come back to this post and watch it! I would also suggest you guys to check out my most recent video covering my PU Kickoff Tour round 2 against Scirocco if you haven't seen it yet, good set of games.

Last edited:

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
Reviving this thread a little with my video on the round 6 PU kickoff tour series against Specs. I was recording this time while playing my games instead of replays, so you can see my thought processes in real time while I'm fighting.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time to revive this thread again. I like Clawitzer, so I used Clawitzer. Can't help it lol.

Hey Y'all, I just started a new channel with a Pokemon Diamond Playthrough. I love the PU community here, so I thought you might like to watch :). Let me know if you have any constructive feedback!

Reactions: PTF
hey everyone! I personally think I made a pretty cool video analyzing the usage statistics for the regular season of PUWC! Don't worry it isn't just me talking over a pastebin output. I used some of my statistics knowledge to run some tests and somewhat objectively create a "biggest winners and losers list" for this tournament. Basically I was interested at looking at which pokemon >50% winrate were statistically significant and which pokemon <50% win rate were as well. I also created a very mediocre graphic and some graphs that I talk over :D

I would really appreciate if you check it out because this was a video I had a lot of fun making. And of course my channel has SS PU Lives and commentary over PUWC matches, so feel free to check that out as well.

Happy New Year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)