PU C&C Reservation List - Read OP Before Posting [Writing standards update @289]

tondas

YOU DONT WANT NO PROBLEMS YOU JUST TALKING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello writers -

As the generation wraps up, we have decided to enforce a new rule for the remainder of analyses that are put up for reservation so that we can speed up the process of getting new stuff out:

Your analysis thread must be up in 48 hours (2 days) or your reservation will be considered dropped. From there, you will have 1 week (7 days) to get your analysis out of WIP or it will be reassigned. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within this time frame, notify any of the listed moderators above and we may issue an extension.

While you are not required to immediately post a WIP, we have decided that you will have the reservation in your hands until you either make a post with the skeleton or 48 hours passes since you had made your reservation. Past that point, it will technically no longer be in your possession and anybody else is free to take what you had reserved. After making a post, you will be given exactly a week to get your reservation into the Quality Control phase so that the QC team can check it and get your analysis ready for GP checks as soon as possible. However, we understand that people are busy or live busy lives, and this is where you can request an extension. These will typically be handed out to trusted writers, analyses that are nearly finished, or analyses that have multiple sets, and will usually span the length of a weekend or a couple days. Finally, if this new policy does not work out or writers feel discouraged, we will happily revert the process; this is simply a way for us to round out the generation with as much up-to-date stuff as possible. Thanks for understanding and we hope to make your PU C&C experience a better one. Expect more things to be up for reservation in the future!

tondas

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
grabbing scarf alolaslash too. gonna also do an overview revamp since the current overview was originally created around the hail sweeper set with touch-ups through cms so it's definitely outdated

tondas

four posts in a row since nobody wanted to stop me...

Omastar, Scyther, Musharna, and Combusken are receiving revamps and are up for reservation! Simisear is also getting a Choice Specs set! Omastar will be High Priority. I'll update the reservation list when I get home but in the meantime feel free to grab some things..

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Torterra is up for reservation. It is also high priority and should ideally go to someone who knows they won't sit on it for the maximum amount of time possible.

There are very few things left to write and all of them are high priority, but most of our writers are pretty busy at the moment. If anyone who isn't normally qualified to do a high priority analysis is interested in writing something, reach out to me and we should be able to work out a system for you to still write.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IF YOU HAVE A BADGE AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP OUT WITH END OF GEN CMS EDITS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Now that PU shouldn't really be changing before gen 8, we're going to start going through every single uploaded analysis and make sure they're updated to the most recent tier shift, which most of them aren't. Anyone willing to help out please just let me know, you kind of need a badge to help but it will count towards contrib or shiny contrib or whatever you don't already have.

Also in shorter, non-high priority analysis news, CB Absol is up for reservation.
We're also trying to cover any major sets that deserve a full setup before the end of the gen, so if there's anything you think we really missed out on now would be the time to contact a QC member or post in the analysis discussion thread.

choice scarf alolan sandslash + overview revamp is also back up -tondas

Last edited by a moderator:
Would I be able to reserve Drifblim? I'm a longtime Showdown player, but new to the forums. I wrote up a set I have used but didn't realize I have to reserve the Pokemon.

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Would I be able to reserve Drifblim? I'm a longtime Showdown player, but new to the forums. I wrote up a set I have used but didn't realize I have to reserve the Pokemon.
hey! currently, drifblim isn't up for reservation and it even got revamped not too long ago. check the op and you'll find a list of unreserved sets / mons, although keep in mind you can't reserve a high priority analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)