Project PU Battle of the Whenever [Akir vs Tj]

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm salty that there was that one time where everyone wanted me for this but then I was like "I'm gonna have to john" and no one wants me anymore

False
LST
HJAD

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
We finally played!

G1: We lost the replay, which is unfortunate since this was probably the most serious game in the generally fun set. Rebel had Meditite/Murkrow/Stunfisk/Lapras/Carbink/Ursaring, and I had a Stantler squad that cryalot helped me build, consisting of Stantler/Leafeon/Rotom-F/Altaria/Probopass/Prinplup. From team preview I assumed that it was a semi-trick room variant, and I knew that Leafeon could blow holes into his team, and once Stunfisk was gone Rotom-F also had a really good time against his team. Unfortunately Leafeon got para'd by Stunfisk's static as it switched in on the leaf blade mid game making it a lot less effective. The end game scenario was Carbink setting up the trick room for Meditite, and high jump kick critting my Altaria to put in a position where I couldn't stall enough turns without return hax. Fortunately return hax happened as the next kick missed, so I won.

G2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-442176723
I bring Clamperl Chessmons, which has a good matchup since Crustle is only stopped by Prinplup and that's Rebel's only water resist for my other 3 shell smashers. Playing Meowstic-M aggressively pays off early game and Crustle eventually gets a free shell smash against Muk to start breaking until Prinplup is sent out. Once Huntail weakens Prinplup, Clamperl and the weakened Crustle clean up.

We played G3 anyway.

G3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-442190322
Anty passes me an ingeniously bad gravity dpunch team vs stall. Fortunately dpunch is fair and lets me skillfully outplay Altaria before instantly losing to it, and Rebel forfeits because hax is fun.

Gg iRebel was fun playing you as usual.
Sorry for the johned and messy set, work sucks.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want to then go ahead, I think it'd be cool to see some more serious sets here but it's all up to the people getting nominated and being good sports to play in the first place. I'm still gonna go ahead with nominations for the next section though.
Pancake, idc about the other 2 guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)