Psychic Terrain Team [Need Rated and help tweaking]

Hey to anyone reading this. This is the year I want to attend a VGC event since the NA Internationals are really close to home. So I wanted to use a team with my favorite mon Metagross and build it around Psychic Terrain. I am a little knowledgeable about VGC but haven't played much off it so I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything.
Mega Metagross (Shiny).gif
Tapu Lele.gif
Zapdos.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif
Heatran.gif
Hydreigon.gif

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Metagross is the main star of the team. The EV's were taken from Eisen's Pokémon since I didn't know where to start with putting in the EV's so I copied from him, this one of the thing I would like advice on. So this is the standard, run of the mill VGC Metagross to abuse Psychic Terrain with hard hitting Zen Headbutts and Stomping Tantrum to deal with Incineroar and Heatran.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Can't have a Psychic Terrain team without Lele. Usually lead with it to help out Metagross, activate Zapdos' seed at the start, and to deal with Fake Out. The EV's are also taken from Eisen but I fell like they can be tweaked but I don't know how. I use Psychium Z to have a nuke move in desperate situations to catch the opponent off guard. I was also thinking about swapping Shadow Ball for Taunt since I have trouble with Trick Room and Ally Switch spam.

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 182 HP / 116 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Zapdos is the bulky support for the team to deal with Landorus and bulky waters and set up Tailwind to help with the offensive momentum of the team. Roost is there for longevity since in combination with Psychic Seed and Intimidate support it can be hard for opponents to take it down.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 124 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This is Landorus, he is god. This team was made before HA Incineroar so Landorus is here, but since Incineroar is known for Fake Out and this is a Psychic spam team I didn't think it would be necessary. But yeah, it's Lando, everyone uses him. These past 4 Pokémon are the ones I use 80% of the time so these next 2 I would like to know if I should replace them of if they need adjustments.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 148 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Put on the team to deal with opposing Heatran as well as being a really good attacker under Tailwind. It can also help take Fire damage for Metagross, Steel and Poison for Lele, and Ice for Zapdos and Landorus. But despite all that I barely use him. About a quarter of my games I brought him to while the other 4 have been mainstays. Like I said before, I would like to know if Heatran isn't the best pick or if I should keep him but make adjustments.

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

This thing I barely use at all. He was originally put on since the Strategy Dex said it was a good partner for Metagross for defensive synergy and a way to easily deal with Aegislash and Incineroar. I thought I would be using him more but he just kinda sits there and I have no idea what to do with this spot.

So that's what I have for this team. I had fun using it on the Showdown ladder but feels incomplete. 2 team members barely get to shine and I often have trouble with Trick Room and Ally Switch, mostly Gothitelle+Snorlax and sometimes with Rain. So if there is any recommendations for this team I'm all ears. I would like to keep the first 4 mons but the other 2 I'm fine with swapping out for something else, also advice on moveset and EV spreads.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)