Project PS NU Room Teambuilding Workshops [see post #183]

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
- Zen Headbutt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 148 Def / 208 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball

Hey so we decided to build around Mixed Shell Smash Carracosta for this workshop. It went fairly well and only took up about an hour of time to make a pretty snazzy team. Big shoutout to my good friend boltsandbombers for cohosting with me for this workshop, he was a big help. Feel free to discuss the team and any comments you might have on it here!

I'm pretty sure Quite Quiet told me how to use BB-8-NU to retrieve logs but I don't really remember so I guess we're short on logs this month! See you during winter break guys!

edit: I just checked and his bot just refused to end the workshop session, it's not my fault at all :)

edit 2: QQ retrieved logs http://pastebin.com/d9TtLqLH

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not entirely sure if I like the way the team ended up, it feels like its stuck between balance and offense and it doesn't really excel at either. You could argue the team looks a little weak to common set up sweepers such as Rhydon, Shiftry, Musharna, Audino, etc. which makes me feel like it struggles to play like balance. Despite having some solid bulky mons and resists I could also see the team struggling to deal with standard physical offense builds utilizing Tauros and Sawk. But I think the general idea of the team is to overwhelm the opponent with VoltTurn and attempt a sweep when given the opportunity so it can definitely fulfill offensive requirements, I'm just skeptical as to whether or not it can do so with momentum sucks such as Vileplume and non-U-turn Mesprit.

It's tough to come up with a perfect team in an hour and this looks like a really solid build, this project has come a long way from the first few times we've tried so props to the community on that. I'll be sure to try the team out in a video and give more detailed thoughts after playing with it.

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, we have another workshop coming up on Sunday, so I'm opening this up for voting! I'd like this coming workshop to be a good experience for anyone who wants to get their feet wet in the new metagame, so I'm going to keep the B- minimum requirement, but allow you guys to vote for Sceptile, Steelix, Altaria, Camerupt, or Pinsir as well.

I'll be hosting this workshop at 4:30 PM EST (GMT -5) with a host I haven't determined yet. See you then!

Hingo

Banned deucer.
yo lets see that Pinsir do work in NU

I always wanted to build around Camerupt so lets do it

Last edited:

Disjunction

you know I never really said anything before, but we decide on what to build with at the time of the workshop. Voting for the same mon more than once doesn't do anything.

Disjunction

OK so I kind of left this thread to die because I wasn't really sure how to approach it anymore. Whenever I'd schedule these I'd either forget or just not really be into them because I felt obligated. As evidenced by there not being a post here in over a month, the workshops were kinda left high and dry with no support for a while.

However! There is hope!

Recently, our PS staff has been taking advantage of their new-found ability to make group chats by running their own mini-workshops whenever they have time. We've had a lot of success with these tinier workshops so far, so I'd like to turn this thread into a hub of sorts for all of the auth to post their finished products, discuss teambuilding, and whatever else. I'll revamp the op and archives in a bit to reflect the changes.

I don't know if we'll still be scheduling these workshops, but we'll try our best to run these at appropriate timezones so nobody feels left out. Sorry for letting this sit for as long as it has!

Disjunction

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Lanturn @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'll get the first post rolling here since I hosted one of these just now. We voted to build with CM Clefairy because it's neato. We went with TWave as the fourth move because it meshes well with the bulkier balance build. Weezing is a great check to a lot of the mons that give Clef trouble, mostly Offensive Rhydon, Steelix, and Garbodor. From there, we decided something that could break down cores would be useful so we went with Extransensory Shiftry, which simultaneously lures Poison-types for Clef. We went with Steelix because we needed a Normal and Musharna check. Scarf Sawk makes for a great cleaner that also benefits from Shiftry luring Poisons. Finally, we needed a secondary Fire check so we went with Shuca Berry Water Absorb Offensive Lanturn. Water Absorb abuses Mantine/Peli and Shuca Berry gives Lanturn an edge against Archeops and especially Magmortar.

All-around cool team! Highly recommend you guys try it out and leave and criticism you have here :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)