Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/240 Spd/16 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
----
This is like a half antilead, it works perfectly, because nobody hope this set. Trick rapes bulky leads as groudon and dialga. Then u are free for use stealth rocks; trick can pwns anoter deoxys leads because they see a taunt coming, but when i do trick they got traped in taunt and they wont may use spikes or stealth rocks. Ice beam is a real surprise for rayquaza and scarfmyn, being this las the most surprised "wtf O.O". Shadow ball for another deoxys-e =P!
The evs spread give it more bulkyness, so it can resist some hits (something that is important sometimes).
For me is hard explain it because was made by the great raikoulover :happybrain:
This works :naughty:

IN action > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrwu7PwD9Q
At first Scarf Deoxys-S seems pretty silly, but the more I thought about it the more sense it makes. The problem I don't think its reliable as shown in that video.

To start its main differences is that between it and normal Deoxys-S it only lays one entry hazard, Tricks a scarf instead of Taunting and has two attacks instead of one. One thing I'd suggest is swapping SR for Spikes as the latter have a lot less users and few as reliable as Deoxys, whereas SR can be laid by almost anything.

Against the top ubers leads it can either do really well or not very well at all. While it is guaranteed to go first pretty much, this is how I see it playing out against the top 7 leads;

Against other Deoxys-S, if you trick and they Taunt they are forced out whereas you can attack or switch. If they SR they are also forced out. Problem is if they attack with say Shadow Ball you are forced out but on the plus side you can switch in a normal type/TTar/etc and have a turn of free setup. The main failure of this set is if they lay Spikes, they are as far as I can see guaranteed to get all 3 layers down.

Against lead Groudon, it is not going to like getting Scarfed as they usually are zero speed. However as most Deoxys-s carry Taunt and most are sashed its hard to tell what the opponent will do. While their best move is to Twave, they'll probably assume they are going to be taunted and not do so. Personally if I was facing a Deoxys-S lead I'd switch out and go straight on the offensive with Ho-oh or something.

Next is Darkrai, on the plus side we outspeed ScarfRai, on the downside unless he is carrying Lum Berry we get put to sleep. The other problem is if you trick you never know what item you'll get, as Darkrai's top 4 items are used roughly 20% of the time each. Hoever if you picked superpower and put over 100 EVs into attack you come out on top.

Which brings me to the following point, about this set, what exactly are all those speed EVs for? Even with none you are still outspeeding Rock Polish Mew and everything down with a scarf on. I guess its a matter of weight up how much speed you want after you've tricked as putting just 52 into speed lets you still come out ahead of things like ScarfRachi and Scarf Palkia.

If anything this set has a lot of freedom allocating EVs, but suffers from move-slot syndrome. If you want to OHKO both Darkrai and Shaymin-S you have to make sacrifices elsewhere.

Speaking of which Shaymin-S normally makes sport of Deoxys-S, but a scarfed Ice Beam should takes care of that.

Next up is Deoxys-A. You lose without Extremespeed here, you cant OHKO them thanks to sash, and they can't OHKO thanks to the extra bulk Shadow Ball does 90% max. Problem is they will ES to finish you off whereas you need to use ES twice to win.

Kyogre is problematic as you don't know whether its going to attack or try to cripple you. You can't really beat it.

Dialga is a pain, its going to attack and that is going to hurt. At best you can hope to cripple it with Superpower and surprise your opponent with any additional bulk you may be running.

In short this set has potential, and can be tailored to your needs as they only really essential bit is the 252 HP EVs, the rest can be placed as needed. There are also a decent selection of attack moves that have various uses on this set, but ultimately this Deoxys-S gains new weakness as it sheds old ones.

^Ok.
In a some paragraphs, I think you're talking without tested before this set. But in other you make me think that u tested it xD
First of all, in the video, deoxys was the KEY of the battle... i know u think that im so crazy, but, If my opponent had put 1 layer of spikes, I had been liquidated by Rayquaza. Only I beat him in that tournament.

Continuing...
1.- Shadow ball from other deoxys make me 3HKO, so, i have a turn for SR :)!
2.- Groudon most of times think that i will use taunt, and they attack me with EQ, it make me 2HKO, so i could use Rocks, but i witch in something immune
3.- Yes, darkrai gve me problems, some time i trick them and they have scarf too... i dont know what to do againts them :nerd:
4.- idk, i did not make this set =)!
5.- i dont need make OHKO to darkrai =S
6.- i know that eoxys-a win me, but when they use ES, i switch in something resistent to it and i take advantage of this for set up, or scout my enemy. (when i scout them i switch in deoxys sometime using uturn, in that turn i put SR)
7.- All your concerns will be answered in my RMT, but as the situation warrants it answered for you here.

El Geek used rest ~

I only tested it a little bit as my Ubers team is pretty outdated. As such I can't really make many conclusive statements as to the sets effectivness.

OHKOing Shaymin-S with Ice Beam is definitely a big upside of this set, as killing an opposing lead without taking damage is never a bad thing. Ice Beam isn't a terrible move to be locked into.

Also the Scarf pretty much guarantees you'll get 3 layers of Spikes down most of the time if you choose to play like that.

Against Deoxys-S Tricking usually resulted in them getting down just SR and then you getting some Spikes down, or like in the video where you both have to switch.

But yeah I didn't face any Dialgas or Kyogres, so my claims there are mostly theoretical.

In any case I'm going to toy around with this set some more. Any ideas as to good partners would be appreciated as my Ubers team building skills aren't too hot.

^ Yes, that is true, most of times i have to switch. And remember that ice beam KO leadquaza most of times :D!

I'm thinking use spikes over shadow ball, and use some evs in defense over in speed.

I'm going to suggest a lead I found works great in UU and Ubers at the same time!

Hariyama@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252Att / 252SpD / 4Def
Adamant nature (+Att, -SpA)
~Fake Out
~Payback
~Low Kick/Close Combat
~Bullet Punch/Elemental Punch

I have tested this set and it works quite well in my experience.

Deoxys-s: Fake Out + Payback KOs even through reflect, so they will get one layer of hazards or reflect up and that is it!

Groudon: Low Kick (I believe) 2HKOs if you low kick while they SR then Low Kick again. EQ does 60% or so - I believe you win. (Again, I'm not sure that it 2HKOs. I haven't faced many lead Groudons.)

Darkrai: Fake Out to activate Flame Orb. It can't sleep you now, so use Low Kick to OHKO it / hit anything that comes in for some monstrous damage.

Shaymin-S: You lose, although you do get a fake out in and can switch to a sturdy flying resist/poke.

Deoxys-A: Same as Deoxys-s.

Kyogre: Water Spout OHKOs if they run it, but usually after the Fake Out they use Surf which is great: Hariyama survives a Surf and hits back hard with Low Kick.

Dialga: Just Low Kick off the bat, same as Groudon.

Hariyama fares well against a majority of Uber leads. It exceeded any of my expectations when I first started using it. If they switch out their lead, then you get a free hit like this:

1hkoing All Dialga
Doing 95% - 111.8% to Bulk Up Palkia, scoring a 1hko on all Hasty Palkia.
Doing 46.2% - 54.6% to DDRay while Payback only does 51.8% - 61% and Ray has to lock itself into Outrage or use Draco Meteor to KO you(Life or will guarantee the 2hko).
97.4% - 114.9% to 4/0 Ogre and to 82.4% - 97.3% to 252/0 Ogres
Support Groudon is 2hko'd failing to ko you back
CBScizor takes 76.7% - 90.6%
Lati@s need Draco Meteor to KO you, Latios only managing 67.3% - 79.5% with Dragon Pulse. You can then KO with Payback.
Giratina-O needs Outrage to 1hko you while you do 73.6% - 86.6% with Payback.
Specs Mewtwo only manages 53.9% - 63.4% with Ice Beam while you 1hko back with Payback.
Ho-Oh takes 39.4% - 46.5% from Low Kick 1hkos with Sacred Fire, but reveals if its choiced or LO.
This means that the only pokes that can really come out on top of switching into a Low Kick 100% of the time are
Ho-Oh, Lugia, Giratina, Shaymin-S, Lati@s if they have Draco Meteor(but they become Scizor bait at -2SpAtk) and Ray, who becomes Scizor bait thanks to -2SpAtk or being locked into Outrage.

Darkrai: Fake Out to activate Flame Orb. It can't sleep you now, so I usually use Payback as Dark Pulse will be doing no damage really and they usually switch out.
I recomend using Low Kick on the Darkrai switch. It has the nice benefit of::
1hkoing All Dialga
Doing 95% - 111.8% to Bulk Up Palkia, scoring a 1hko on all Hasty Palkia.
Doing 46.2% - 54.6% to DDRay while Payback only does 51.8% - 61% and Ray has to lock itself into Outrage or use Draco Meteor to KO you(Life Orb will guarantee the 2hko).
97.4% - 114.9% to 4/0 Ogre and to 82.4% - 97.3% to 252/0 Ogres
Support Groudon is 2hko'd failing to ko you back
CBScizor takes 76.7% - 90.6%
Lati@s need Draco Meteor to KO you, Latios only managing 67.3% - 79.5% with Dragon Pulse. You can then KO with Payback.
Giratina-O needs Outrage or Draco Meteor to 1hko you while you do 73.6% - 86.6% with Payback.
Specs Mewtwo only manages 53.9% - 63.4% with Ice Beam while you 1hko back with Payback.

The stuff that can beat you 100% if you use Low Kick are::

Ho-Oh takes 39.4% - 46.5% from Low Kick 1hkos with Sacred Fire, but reveals if its choiced or LO.
This means that the only pokes that can really come out on top of switching into a Low Kick 100% of the time are
Ho-Oh, Lugia, Giratina, Shaymin-S, Lati@s if they have Draco Meteor(but they become Scizor bait at -2SpAtk), Giratina-O, and Ray, who becomes Scizor bait thanks to -2SpAtk or being locked into Outrage.

Low Kick also ensures that you don't get locked into Payback making you huge setup bait to things like Forry. Most Rai leads are Scarfed and will usually give you their Scarf before going out and Hariyama won't like being burnt with a useless scarf locked into Payback. I know from experience.

Here's the Honchkrow I use::
Honchkrow@Focus Sash
Lonely or Naughty
4HP 252Atk252SpAtk
Payback
Drill Peck
Heat Wave/Superpower
Sucker Punch

Deoxys-S generally gets 2 layers of hazards up but leaves your sash intact letting you KO another poke on their team.
Kyogre dies to Payback+Sucker Punch.
Darkrai dies to a pair of Drill Pecks. Do not use Superpower or you will find yourself at -2/-2 with a scarf and that screams setup bait.
Shaymin-S dies to a pair of Sucker Punches.

Deoxys-A beats you if it has Extreme Speed but one of you will have 1HP after the exchange.
Dialga takes 58.9% - 69.8% from Superpower and 20.8% - 24.5% from Heat Wave but easily KOs you without fear from Sucker Punch.
Groudon will be taking 31.4% - 37.4% once or twice depending on if he wants to get SR up.

Heat Wave is for Forrys and Scizors that want to be sneaky as it 1hkos both of them so long as it isn't raining. You'll outspeed Scizor with a neutral nature.

Hariyama@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252Att / 252HP / 4SpD
Adamant nature (+Att, -SpA)
~Fake Out
~Payback
~Low Kick/Close Combat
~Bullet Punch/Elemental Punch
To be honest I would use Machamp with this set. Hariyama isn't outclassed by Machamp ONLY if it runs Thick Fat. With Guts I think Machamp is better choice with higher attack and more balanced defenses. 130 physical attak vs 120 physical attack actually makes a difference in my opinion.

To be honest I would use Machamp with this set. Hariyama isn't outclassed by Machamp ONLY if it runs Thick Fat. With Guts I think Machamp is better choice with higher attack and more balanced defenses. 130 physical attak vs 120 physical attack actually makes a difference in my opinion.
I think the point is to fake out leads (especially darkrai to activate the toxic orb and avoid sleep). Hariyama isn't outclassed solely because he has this move.

I did look into Machamp, but Fake Out is really what makes Hariyama do it better. Protect doesn't have the same Focus Sash breaking properties which allows Hariyama to actually "beat" Deoxys-s. It does get Bullet Punch though. (Looks like you made a case vvv)

ZetoTarken, thanks for the calcs! I will make that edit then.

I think the point is to fake out leads (especially darkrai to activate the toxic orb and avoid sleep). Hariyama isn't outclassed solely because he has this move.
True enough, however the only difference I see here is that Hariyama beats easier Darkrai. Machamp can also force Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A to only throw one set of Spikes/SR with PayBack + Bullet Punch. But if you really needs Fake Out, then Hariyama is fine. If we talk about Machamp, maybe something like this:

Machamp @ Lum Berry / Focus Sash
42 HP/ 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ DynamicPunch
~ Bullet Punch
~ PayBack
~ Encore / Magic Coat / Filler

Those EVs are enough to outspeed 8 Speed Adamant Groudon by one point. Rest of EVs went to attack and HP EVs to provide some power and a little bit of bulk. How it works against most common leads:

Deoxys-S

Max HP version is easily beaten by PayBack + Bullet Punch. More offensive version can't hope to beat you even with Shadow Ball + ExtremeSpeed, so you always win no matter version.

Groudon

Interesting match-up. You outspeed Groudon and deal between 45%-53% damage with DynamicPunch. However Groudon 2HKOes you with Earthquake. To beat it, you need one DynamicPunch confusion. If it uses Stealth Rock, you always win.

Shaymin-S

Switch out. Even with Focus Sash and Ice Punch/Stone Edge it's not worth to risk it.

Deoxys-A

This one is quite shaky. If it throws Spikes/Stealth Rock - you always win. If not, then you loose to strong offensive attack + ES. However, if Deoxys-A runs SuperPower + ES, you win most of times (thanks to attack drop). ExtremeSpeed can't 2HKO.

Kyogre

Solid match-up, especially with Focus Sash. You outspeed Lead Kyogre and deal minimum 66% with DynamicPunch. With some luck you may even win without loosing any HP. ScarfOgre is most of times OHKOed, so you win with Focus Sash anyway (and if not, his HP is low enough to Bullet Punch it).

Dialga

DynamicPunch slaughters it and you outspeed 8 Spe versions. Watch out on faster ones (especially with Lum Berry). However, it's good match-up.

Tyranitar

DynamicPunch it to death. Probably favourite opponent for Machamp.

Scizor

Scizor won't enjoy DynamicPunch. You win most of times, however if someone runs Max Atk and CHoice Band on lead, bullet punch may hurt. However it's good match-up most of times.

Forretress

Forretress won't enjoy DynamicPunch, however he may set-up Spikes with some luck. But I don't think that Forretress will risk eating DynamicPunches.

Mew

PayBack 2HKoes. If you use Focus Sash - you win, as you beat it 1on1. If you use Lum Berry, use PayBack and switch explosion absorber.

Frosslass

Just Bullet Punch twice. Not a problem.

Infernape

DynamicPunch + Bullet Punch takes care of it. At worst scenario Machamp is dent quite bad, however it's not bad match-up.

Darkrai

Simple. If you run Lum Berry, you win. If not, you loose. Magic Coat is also an option, and it also lets you win against Darkrai no matter what.

EDIT: I'm thinking about trying Life Orb. It would let you beat Groudon 100% time (he can't 2OHKO you and you may have one recoil from Life Orb without problems). And Kyogre couldn't handle it. However after Life Orb recoil Deoxys-A may beat you in two hits with ExtremeSpeed. Also Mew would be more pressed after one PayBack.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
About the Hariyama lead, maxing HP is not very efficient because of Hariyama's huge HP and low defenses. Optimizing your EV spread would definitely help it take hits better.

I ran this lead in Ubers a while ago...it's more of a gimmick than anything, but it can pack a punch.

Honchkrow@Focus Sash
Insomnia/Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD

-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Night Slash
-Confuse Ray

Loses straight up to Deo-A leads, lets Deo-S leads get SR + 1 Spikes up, beats the crap outta Darkrai leads, 2HKOs Dialga leads, screws over setup sweepers (everyone liked bringing in Rayquaza) with Confuse Ray, Night Slash 3HKOs even defensive Giratina, Sucker Punch OHKO's Mewtwo and severely dents every non-steel in the tier.

I had a lot of fun with it, but in retrospect, there are better leads out there, this one is a ton of fun to use if for no other reason than to have your opponent watch in horror as a Night Slash Crit + Sucker Punch (thanks to Focus Sash) OHKOs most any sweeper in Ubers.

About the Machamp set, as awesome as Dynamicpunch is, 8PP in Ubers goes really fast.
Against some leads Machamp most of times is dented quite hard, so PP issues won't matter. If you're really worried about those, you may use in the last slot Close Combat. It's powerfull enough to work and it's still decent option. And Fight + Dark has almost perfect coverage anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, Magic Coat is also viable option. I forgot to mention it ;).

Machamp gets magic coat so knocking back a dark void from Darkrai lets you beat it. It also means you can run sash or life orb over lum berry

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
so uh what kind of groudons have you been facing? pretty sure you'll never ever deal 53% damage to one.

Edit: infact, provide calcs for all the ridiculous damage amounts you're claiming machamp can deal.

394 attack versus 284 defense (min/ -nature) 150 BP move

151-177 damage and with 341 health (0 EVs)

44.3%-51.9%

maybe people were using a less than 31 EVs

Dialga

DynamicPunch slaughters it and you outspeed 8 Spe versions. Watch out on faster ones (especially with Lum Berry). However, it's good match-up.
Um... Jolly 216 speed Machamp has 220 speed not Adamant. You will be outsped by all Dialga even if you use Adamant 252 speed unless Dialga is running a -speed nature.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
394 attack versus 284 defense (min/ -nature) 150 BP move

151-177 damage and with 341 health (0 EVs)

44.3%-51.9%
Who runs - Defense and no HP on a lead Groudon?? Even Rock Polish Groudon runs 112 HP and 8 Def EVs with an Adamant nature (Neutral Defense)

i know, that was the joke. I was just providing calcs for ace matador showing that the damage stated in the machamp lead set was completely inaccurate

i was looking through this and am personally surprised to have not seen a ho-oh lead. I have NOT tested it myself but ive battled others who have used it to success. ill put it here although im not 100% sure this is its exact set. im just borrowing fireburns updated ho-oh analysis on C&C.

Name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Sacred Fire
move 2: Brave Bird
move 3: Earthquake / Substitute / Whirlwind
move 4: Roost/ Substitute
item: Life Orb / Lum berry
nature: Adamant
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe

Pretty much the standard ho-oh except as a lead. Life orb is preferred since its needed for to make some 2HKOs OHKO's although if beating darkrai leads are important lum is good as well. using ho-oh as a lead allows it to function without taking SR damage.

vs other leads
Deoxy-S-this is where sacred fires burn rate comes in. Sacred fire is able to bring a 4 hp deoxys-s to its sash so with a 50% burn rate it only has a 50% chance of getting down SR + Spikes or two layers of spikes.

Groudon- Ho-oh can take advantage of the fact that most leads dont have stone edge. A sacred fire in the sun does 63.1% - 74.5% damage to a 252/32 (the support groudon on analysis), a clean 2hko.

Darkrai- if you pack lum berry, u can get a hit on this guy even though it wont be a OHKO. for this reason its good to use substitute when using lum berry locking opposing darkrai's into a dark void. if your using LO, u lose anyways (bar a darkvoid miss) so its good to have a plan for them.

Shaymin-s- Air slash does a pitiful 21.9% - 26.2% to Ho-oh so unless your opponent wants to start the game flinch haxing 5 times in a row, u should win this matchup

Deoxys-A- same as Deoxys-s

Kyorge- Ho-oh does outspeed and does 75.7% - 89.1% with brave bird to it. because it doesnt OHKO, you do lose the matchup so you might wanna switch out or you can just settle for the near KO.

Dialga- Eq is a easy 2hko and ho-oh can roost off Dmetoer damage.

in addition to the top 7 leads ho-oh beats other leads like t-tar, scizor, deoxys, giratina-o, fortress, mamoswine, metagross, lucario, infernape, cloyster, frosslass, hariyama

I have some suggestion for the Metagross lead theorymon posted, namely the EV spread:

Metagross @ Lum Berry
EVs: /252 Atk/6 SpD/252Spd (instead of 252 hp)
Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

I totally agree with the moveset and lum berry should be the primary item. But I think it should put 252EV in speed and not hp, for a couple of reasons:

1) First, it is important to note that a scarf Darkrai can beat this lead Metagross. Darkrai can trick its scarf to you in the first turn as you hit it with Meteor Mash, it can then outspeed you and put you to sleep in turn two even with scarf and adamant 252ev speed, and you cannot switch your attack to bullet Punch. Metagross can only outspeed it with Jolly nature, which lose too much power. However, you should still invest major in speed so that you are not cripple badly when Darkrai take that action. With 252 Spd, you can switch out and Metagross can act as a revenge killer later to Sword Dance Rayquaza, non scarf Palkia, Garchomp, and so on.

2) Adamant max speed allow you to outspeed any base 100 speed pokemon without speed investment by 3 point, this include Celebi, Jirachi, and most importantly, lead Mew. As you outspeed lead Mew now, you can set up stealth rock before it can taunt you, and scare it away with Meteor Mash.

3) Lead Metagross usually match up badly with lead Groudon and Kyogre. However, with 252 ev speed, you will outspeed most lead Groudon and Kyogre. So now you at least has the option to explode on them in turn one. Your opponent is unlikely to switch to a explosion absorber as they think they are in good match up.
If you successfully explode on Groudon, then both side lost their Stealth rocker (as most lead Groudon carry SR) and neither side get any lead advantages. Explode on Kyogre means you lose your SR but your opponent do not. But if your team can benefit from a Kyogre removal it is still worthy to do so.

With no investment in hp, I am not sure if a scarf timid Shaymin-S can OHKO you with earth power, I don't think it will but can someone tell me how much it does? But even if it can KO, I think the advantages of 252 speed outweigh 252 HP.

I really like this guy and it does well against a lot of lead. As you can explode on Groudon and Kyogre now, the only common lead that make you completely helpless against is Dialga, but even then you can just set up SR if it is important to set it up on turn one. The other less common lead that can potentially post a trouble are:

Giratina-O: I am not sure if Meteor mash can 2HKO this guy. If it does then you win, if not you should set up SR and switch as I am sure Hidden power fire will 2HKO you

Forretress: It can rapid spin you SR and you cannot do much back. But you can set up SR turn one as it will probably do the same and switch to Giratina-O turn 2 to block spinning

Cloyter: Like Forrestress, it can set up and spin, so you better set up SR and switch to Giratina-O

Mamoswine: It can outspeed you and OHKO you with Earthquake, so you have to switch out.

Infernape: Like Mamoswine, it can OHKO you and you cannot, so you should switch.

Qwilfish : Can Metagross KO this with MM + BB? (Correct me if it can) I don't think it can and you let it set up 2 Toxic spikes. But at least it cannot spin your SR away and you can just kill it with maybe 2 MM

Donphan: Earthquake hurt you badly and can spin away you SR, so switch to a counter

Besides the above lead this Metagross do well on all others and I think it works really well.
Here is how it does to other less common lead:

Mew: As explained above, I outspeed it and set up SR before it can taunt me. And I can scare it away with MM. I also resist its explosion

Deoxys: MM + BB will finish it off. I even have the option to set up SR

Scizor: I set up SR and it cannot do much back to me

Lucario: Just set up SR as it Close Combat you, then slam it with Meteor Mash, or explode, if that is not enough

Tyranitar: MM + BB finish it. The best it does to you is fire blast, which won't OHKO

Frolass: 2 BB finish it off and it only set up one spikes

Scarf Mewtwo: Base on smogon analysis it does not usually carry a fire move, so I can just slam it with MM

Abomasnow: Outspeed it and MM it for KO

Gallade: MM + BB will KO it and it cannot KO you back

Hariyama: I outspeed this guy and can 2HKO it with MM, and it cannot KO me with fake out + gut low kick

Banette: MM bring it down to one hp, and BB bypass trick room and KO it before it can use Destiny bond

Weavile: MM and BB, or even set up SR

Machamp: You outspeed it and can set up SR then explode on it

As you can see it does well on a lot of lead, and I really think this guy should catch more attention

Scarf timid ( and modest) skymin never ko's meatgross even with no HP evs.
Meta takes 73.8%-87% with no Hp ev's from a modest one.

he takes 67.8%-79.7% from a timid one

I use this frequently:

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers / Focus Sash / Pinch Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

Ninjask's Bug typing does it a lot of favors in Ubers, since X-Scissor can really damage a lot of them. Later on in the game, you can revenge kill things like Darkrai and Latios, who are OHKO'ed with Stealth Rock, and Mewtwo, who takes around 75%. It really helps that people are afraid of switching because a free Sub for Ninjask can be gg.

Having this guy in the wings is great insurance against setup sweepers like Mewtwo, Latios, and Darkrai, in addition to his ability as a lead.

Deoxy-S - Usually breaks the sash with X-Scissor, if not it's a 2HKO anyway. It can Taunt you, but then it doesn't get rocks up. If it gets rocks up, it dies and you have full health, since on turn 2 you outspeed it. Good matchup unless your team can't handle Stealth Rock.

Groudon - If it has Roar there's basically nothing you can do. Fortunately, most leads don't have room for it with T-wave and SR on there, so you can get a Sub against SR or just build up speed against Dragon Claw and pass to something that can take a non-STAB 80 BP move. If you act like you're going to be predictable with Protect and then use Sub twice in a row, you can get a free Sub up, with little risk to your self.

Darkrai - Slight chance to OHKO, but usually it's better to just Protect in case of Scarf, then Sub against whatever they do. If they try to Dark Void you, then you get a Sub up, so you get to Baton Pass a Sub and +2 Speed and you get to do so after you see their switch. Usually they Dark Pulse, so you can pass speed. Later on in the game, you can KO Darkrai 100% of the time with SR.

Shaymin-s - Pretty standard matchup. Just scout the move (pretty much always Air Slash) and pass speed to something like Dialga.

Deoxys-A - The standard lead can't OHKO with Extremespeed, so it's only chance to kill you is to attack twice, in which case it still gets it's sash broken. If it uses SR you will kill it, and have +2 speed to pass if the opponent doesn't have other priority moves.

Kyorge - Often tries to get greedy and predict your Baton Pass with T-wave, so you can get free Subs sometimes. Watch out for Thunder with Protect. Otherwise, pass to something that can take it's attacks. Scarf Kyogre is interesting... use Protect and pray it doesn't use Thunder, or switch. Probably a good idea to have a Ground-type setup sweeper to pick up the pace if you get Thundered through Protect.

Dialga - Pretty much the same as many other leads. Hope it tries to status you or set up, and if it only attacks, pass the speed, and be happy you don't have SR on your side yet. You usually get either a free sub or an entry hazard-free early-game.

The teammates you choose have a lot to do with how he matches up with other leads, since if you can switch to something that can sweep with the speed and resist their attacking moves, you have just started the game on a very good note. Dialga is good because of his list of resistances, and the fact that nobody is attacking Ninjask with a Fighting or Ground move. SD Groudon works well since +2/+2 Groudon with LO pretty much OHKO'es everything except Giratina, who luckily is usually replaced by Giratina-O these days. Deoxys-D is a counter-intuitive but worthy option if you can't risk passing to a sweeper, as it can take attacks and set up entry hazards, while outspeeding and Taunting any setup attempts. Don't underestimate Ninjasks offensive contribution, either, I find it frequently gets KO'es when I use it.

This set has NOT been tested, but I feel that it can do at least decent against the top leads.

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
Nature: Careful
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Wish / Screens
- Iron Head / Ice Punch / Fire Punch
- U-Turn

What it does

Vs. Deoxys-s
This set walls Deoxys-s, but sadly cannot prevent it from setting up. The best option is to U-Turn out to break the sash, while Deoxys-s uses Taunt.

Vs. Groudon
This is where it has the most trouble. You can set up SR, or try to flinch it a bit. Without an Impish nature though, Earthquake will OHKO :/

Vs. Darkrai
Lum Berry will fix the sleep problem, allowing you to Thunder Wave. From there, Iron Head is a garunteed 3HKO.

Vs. Shaymin-S
Earth Power cannot 2HKO, and you can cripple it with T-Wave and then Ice/Fire Punch or Iron Head.

Vs. Deoxys-A
Same as Deoxys-S

Vs. Kyogre
It will be able to set up SR no matter what set it is. If it's a Twave set, Lum Berry takes care of that, and if it's scared, Twave cripples Kyogre.

Vs. Dialga
It's STAB moves are resisted by Jirachi, and will a Careful nature it won't take much damage from any special attacks.

Vs. Scizor
Fire Punch is listed up there for this Pokemon. Scizor has no SE moves vs. Jirachi, and it won't be expecting the Fire move.

The main use of this Jirachi is to set up SR, and cripple faster leads with Thunder Wave. U-Turn is great so Jirachi can be used later game, since steel types do well in an environment containing many Dragon and Ice-type moves.

Another option instead of a bulky set would be a Trick(Scarf) lead. The only down side I noticed has been that it cannot outspeed Deoxys-s.

If someone is willing to test this lead, or criticize it/make it better, that would be great ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)