Chat Processing expired help tickets

What type of bug are you reporting? Chat

What is the bug?
Help Tickets >> If a ticket goes quiet for around 40 minutes (same as a groupchat I believe), the room will expire. Upon making a new help ticket, it sends you back to the ticket you made and the room is still expired.

If you close the ticket you can make one no worries, however if you didn't copy the logs from the previous ticket, I think they're lost...?
It's weird. Here's another screenshot to hopefully make some sense of this.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Type /ht. Wait for the ticket to have no messages for 40 minutes. Attempt to make another ticket without closing the ticket.

I've seen this happen from the staff point of view - if I claim a ticket, the user abandons it and it expires, but then they open a new ticket, I have to close the abandoned ticket before I can claim the new ticket. (On my side server I increased the timeout to reduce the chances of this happening.)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Nominally this is not a bug, this is intended behavior. We could discuss raising the timeout, but personally if it’s inactive for 40 minutes it should be junked anyway.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Nominally this is not a bug, this is intended behavior. We could discuss raising the timeout, but personally if it’s inactive for 40 minutes it should be junked anyway.
This is still a bug, users can't talk in a room without a char bar (because of the expire text). We should kick all users out of expired ticket rooms when they expire probably. Alternatively do something client side to allow a room to have the chat box re-added when re-created. Much easier to do the former though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)