Monotype Power Trip Corviknight (Steel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
[SET]
name: Demon Corviknight (Steel)
move 1: Power Trip
move 2: Agility
move 3: Bulk Up
move 4: Roost
item: Weakness Policy
ability: Pressure
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This Corviknight set takes advantage of its strong natural defenses to turn into a deadly setup sweeper. Corviknight's natural bulk makes it fairly easy to activate Weakness Policy and then use Agility and Bulk Up, turning Power Trip into a menacing attack. Roost allows Corviknight to set up more easily. After a few boosts, Power Trip allows Corviknight to sweep types like Psychic, Steel, and Flying. Corviknight's EV spread outpaces Tapu Koko after Agility, and the rest of its EVs are dumped into HP and Special Defense, letting it tank strong special attacks such as Kyurem's Freeze-Dry and Tornadus-T's Heat Wave.

Corviknight forms an "immunity core" with Aegislash and Heatran: the three of them cover Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type attacks, respectively. Heatran can also burn physical attackers like Zeraora with Lava Plume, giving Corviknight more opportunities to set up. Melmetal can help Corviknight break through walls such as Toxapex and Hippowdon, which can undo its setup progress with Haze or Whirlwind. Additionally, Melmetal's Double Iron Bash can target Fairy- and Dark-type Pokemon that resist Corviknight's Power Trip, such as Galarian Moltres on Flying teams. Excadrill provides an Electric immunity and handles threats such as Tapu Koko. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards alongside Heatran and wear down the opposing team with Leech Seed, allowing Corviknight to clean late-game. Ferrothorn also provides a resistance to Water, which it uses to check threats such as Tapu Fini. Also, Choice Specs Jirachi can help break through tough Poison-type Pokemon like Amoonguss and Toxapex with Psychic, and Dark-type Pokemon like Hydreigon with Moonblast, all of which can threaten Corviknight. On hyper offense teams, Klefki can provide dual screens support to make it easier for Corviknight to set up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Steel analysis by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aqua Jet, 531302], [Ashbala, 518038], [AtraX Madara, 513753]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Isaiah, 375662], [Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Demon Knight (Steel)
Would it be possible to reorder these in the order that they apper in set comments?

[SET COMMENTS]
This Corviknight set takes advantage of its strong natural defenses to turn into a quite deadly setup sweeper. Given its high natural bulk, pulling off a boost from Weakness Policy is fairly easy, then it can set up Agility and Bulk Up to turn Corviknight's Power Trip into quite a menacing attack. Roost allows Corviknight to recover off damage allowing it to set up Bulk Up and Agility. Power Trip after a few boosts from the moves and item listed above allows it to straight up sweep types like Psychic, Steel, and Flying to name a few. Corviknight's EV spread allows it to outpace Tapu Koko after Agility, the rest of its EVs are dumped into HP and Special Defense allowing it to tank strong special attacks such as Kyurem's Freeze Dry (maybe list a diff example here? If I'm using Kyurem, expecially specs, I'm not to keen on locking into Freeze-Dry against Steel. I'd be fine with Kyurem alongside another example too).

Corviknight rounds off a Steel teams immunity core, allowing it to check Ground-type attacks like Excadrill's Earthquake for its teammates. Aegislash and Heatran then round off the immunity core covering all three weaknesses of Steel teams. Heatran can also burn physical attackers like Zeraora with Lava Plume, giving Corviknight more opportunities to set up. Melmetal can help Corviknight break walls such as Toxapex or Hippowdon that can undo its setup progress with Haze or Whirlwind respectively. Additionally, Melmetal's Double Iron Bash can target Fairy- and Dark-type Pokemon that resist Power Trip from Corviknight such as Galarian Moltres on Flying teams. Excadrill provides an Electric immunity as well as being able to handle threats such as Tapu Koko. Ferrothorn can stack hazards alongside Heatran and wear down the opposing team with Leech Seed, allowing Corviknight to clean through teams late-game.
- Maybe Jirachi? I'm not 100% set on it and if another QC removes it follow their lead but Specs Jirachi helps soften up Dark teams which is nice

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]

I'm unsure on the exact C&C policy, but I think it would be good to go through this again and remove some fluff, if you want specific examples please dm me. Quality is amazing, as expected from you

QC: 1/3
Aqua Jet, 531302

I can't find my stamp so pretend its here

Edit: found it!

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
usually i would order moves in the paragraph same as team section, but power trip is the whole reason to use this corviknight and pairing the two setup moves in the same sentence made more sense. if other qc want me to change that I can, but I think in this instance not having it in the same order works better. Aqua Jet

qc 1 implemented

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi maroon great stuff :blobwizard:

I would also like to mention about klefki here how it set up screens and help corviknight to setup and sweep. Other than that it's really a great one.

Implement or do lmk if you have any questions. I would do it QC: 2/3

Ashbala.gif

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This Corviknight set takes advantage of its strong natural defenses to turn into a quite deadly setup sweeper. Given itCorviknight's high natural bulk, pulling off a boost from makes it fairly easy to activate Weakness Policy is fairly easy, then it can uset up Agility and Bulk Up to turn Corviknight's Power Trip into quite a menacing attack. Roost allows Corviknight to set up Bulk Up and Agility more easier. Power Trip aly. After a few boosts, Power Trip allows Corviknight to sweep types like Psychic, Steel, and Flying to name a few. Corviknight's EV spread allows it to outpaces Tapu Koko after it has used Agility, and the rest of its EVs are dumped into HP and Special Defense allowing it to tank strong special attacks such as Kyurem's Freeze-Dry and Tornadus-T's Heat Wave.

Corviknight rounds off a Steel teams forms an "immunity core, allo" wing it to check Ground-type attacks like Excadrill's Earthquake for its teammates. Aegislash and Heatran: then round three off the immunity core cover Ground-, Fighting-, all thnd Fire-type weaknesses of Steel teamsattacks, respectively. Heatran can also burn physical attackers like Zeraora with Lava Plume, giving Corviknight more opportunities to set up. Melmetal can help Corviknight break walls such as Toxapex or Hippowdon that can undo its setup progress with Haze or Whirlwind, respectively. Additionally, Melmetal's Double Iron Bash can target Fairy- and Dark-type Pokemon that resist Power Trip from Corviknight's Power Trip, such as Galarian Moltres on Flying teams. Excadrill provides an Electric immunity as well as being able tond handles threats such as Tapu Koko. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards alongside Heatran and wear down the opposing team with Leech Seed, allowing Corviknight to clean through teamsserve as a late-game cleaner. Ferrothorn also provides a resistance to Water-type attacks allowing, which it uses to check threats such as Tapu Fini. Choice Specs Jirachi can also help break through tough Poison-type Pokemon like Amoonguss and Toxapex, as well as being able to breakith Psychic and Dark-type Pokemon like Hydreigon with Moonblast, all of which can otherwise threaten Corviknight. If you wanted to use this Corviknight on a HOn hyper Ooffensive Steel teams, Klefki can provide screens support to make it easier for Corviknight to set up.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Aqua Jet, 531302], [Ashbala, 518038], [AtraX Madara, 513753]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>Isaiah, 375662], [<username2>, <userid2>]]

GP 1/2
Isaiah2.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This Corviknight set takes advantage of its strong natural defenses to turn into a deadly setup sweeper. Corviknight's high natural bulk makes it fairly easy to activate Weakness Policy, then use Agility and Bulk Up to turn Policy and then use Agility and Bulk Up, turning Power Trip into a menacing attack. Roost allows Corviknight to set up Bulk Up and Agility more easily. After a few boosts, Power Trip allows Corviknight to sweep types like Psychic, Steel, and Flying. Corviknight's EV spread outpaces Tapu Koko after Agility, and the rest of its EVs are dumped into HP and Special Defense to Defense, letting it tank strong special attacks such as Kyurem's Freeze-Dry and Tornadus-T's Heat Wave.

Corviknight forms an "immunity core" with Aegislash and Heatran: the three of them cover Ground-, Fighting-, and Fire-type attacks, respectively. Heatran can also burn physical attackers like Zeraora with Lava Plume, giving Corviknight more opportunities to set up. Melmetal can help Corviknight break through walls such as Toxapex or Hippowdon that and Hippowdon, which can undo its setup progress with Haze or Whirlwind, respectively. Additionally, Melmetal's Double Iron Bash can target Fairy- and Dark-type Pokemon that resist Corviknight's Power Trip, such as Galarian Moltres on Flying teams. Excadrill provides an Electric immunity and handles threats such as Tapu Koko. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards alongside Heatran and wear down the opposing team with Leech Seed, allowing Corviknight to serve as a late-game cleaner. clean late-game. Ferrothorn also provides a resistance to Water-type attacks, which it uses to check threats such as Tapu Fini. Also, Choice Specs Jirachi can also help break through tough Poison-type Pokemon like Amoonguss and Toxapex with Psychic, (AC) and Dark-type Pokemon like Hydreigon with Moonblast, all of which can otherwise threaten Corviknight. On hyper offense teams, Klefki can provide dual screens support to make it easier for Corviknight to set up.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Isaiah, 375662], [Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)