Post Your Scarlet & Violet In-Game Teams!

1670540734951.png
1670540637255.png

I beat the main story. My main planned mons from prerelease were Quaxly, Azumarill, and Ceruledge. For the most part I rotated my team around from the early to midgame to mix up levels and specific picks for major battles which made them go pretty smoothly, but at the conclusion of the stories I decided to go with this final party for all of the last fights because they were the highest levels otherwise, and they all come from the south province. The endgame was rougher to deal with but it all worked out in the end.
Quaquaval (Lv. 73) was in the team for the whole journey and absorbed the whole open world's worth of EXP from the backlines, being my highest level mon by far and able to handle anything giving me a hard time, though it paradoxically led to me using other mons most of the time instead except just to finish leader aces and carry when needed. Some bosses were still able to stand up to it like Meowscarada outspeeding and OHKOing, Pawmot tanking my tera STAB and OHKOing, and Iron Bundle outspeeding and freezing with Freeze-Dry, which were admittedly pretty poor matchups. Overall the duck served me well like most starters before it.

Azumarill (Lv. 69) has been a personal favourite mon of mine and once again it joins early. It's bulky, strong, levels up quickly, and learns STAB early that's all it needs to fight most enemies. Charm support was pretty helpful as well. The only weak spot was that my Azurill came with a Normal tera type so I didn't really end up making use of that and I'll probably raise up the static Fairy Tera as a dedicated raider instead.

Vivillon (Lv. 65) probably could have been replaced but it ended up leveling up more than expected because I had it in the lead to use Amulet Coin against random trainers for a while. I liked it but I feel like Compound Eyes would have been more helpful with Hurricane and Sleep Powder. Also I fell for using Quiver Dance against Opportunist both times.

Clodsire (Lv. 64) helped by covering my Electric weaknesses and also saved me in many fights. It was very tanky and ends up with a solid level up learnset with Earthquake/Toxic/Poison Jab/Amnesia.

Pawmot (Lv. 64) didn't really leave a big impression on me for most of the game because of middling natural moves like Spark, Bite, Dig, and Arm Thrust but I liked its design and it always had paralysis utility. I guess I could have used TMs or retaught Wild Charge earlier.

Ceruledge (Lv. 60) was caught early on, but I only managed to evolve it late when reaching Alfornada with the more common Sinistea spawns. It actually impressed me a lot with its performance even when underleveled. It took a Shadow Claw from Meowscarada and went head on against the final boss's ace, with pretty solid coverage and high stats all around with burn support.

Talonflame (Lv. 49) was also around from the start but was moved over for Ceruledge for the endgame. Acrobatics and Flare Blitz were pretty strong moves to have nonetheless and Flame Body was actually pretty helpful.

Jumpluff (Lv. 51) basically served the same purpose as Vivillon as a sleep powder user for a while on rotation. It is a very fast mon and Loaded Dice Bullet Seed was a funny niche. Acrobatics is also nice but probably redundant with the rest of my team.

Quagsire (Lv. 50) joined the team as an anti-Iono mon and stuck around for a while. In the midgame I was preferring Quagsire's offenses, but Clodsire got its lategame moves earlier and was less redundant.

Lokix (Lv. 49) was the static Tera Fighting one though I didn't keep Reversal. Bug/Dark coverage can actually hit things pretty hard and Lunge is fun. It killed a lot of Sinistea for me too. I liked it.

Oricorio (Lv. 48) was the most special oriented Flying type of all my flying types until its coverage picked up at Revelation Dance at 40. It gets some nice support moves though. I turned it into a ghost which was relevant for the Psychic gym.

Palafin (Lv. 44) was a mon I picked up early on because it was funny, then left behind for a while, then evolved and used it for a few battles but didn't want to deal with the setup that much. Jet Punch is pretty strong though.

Scovillain (Lv. 48) was not something I planned on using at first but the jokes endeared me to it and it ended up joining around midgame. It had a lot of offensive coverage. It also made me realize that Grass/Fire is actually kind of frustrating defensively because you are neutral to a lot of things you would rather resist as a Grass or Fire mon that you would usually use as an answer otherwise.

Farigiraf (Lv. 44) was picked up mainly as an extra fighter for the Poison base. In the end it kind of dropped off for being too slow and not really having the power or bulk to make up for it like Azumarill.

Eiscue (Lv. 51) was the last main addition to the party and it didn't really participate in major fights. Snow and Aurora Veil was interesting though.

Oinkologne (Lv. 45) was my first shiny. It didn't have much of a natural moveset to work with but its Normal STAB fared well enough for random fights and weakening things.

Kilowattrel (Lv. 49) was my second shiny. I used it with an Amulet Coin for a while against random trainers as well, and it actually did pretty well with Tailwind and Wind Power and Electro Ball/Discharge managing to OHKO from its big special attack. I would have considered it over Pawmot for endgame.

Corviknight (Lv. 50) was my third shiny. It was pretty tanky and had a pretty good showing against some late bosses like the Fairy base.

Annihilape (Lv. 50) was a shiny from a raid that was basically just given away. I didn't really use it too much because of that, but wanted to evolve it anyway and it does pretty well in raids.
EDIT: I also learned that Rage Fist hitting immune targets still counts as a use for the purpose of its evolution.

Salandit (Lv. 40) is a shiny that is male.

Meowth and Phanpy are some pickup mons I was considering, but the way this game works you get so many free items on the ground anyway that I didn't feel it was necessary. The Galarian Meowths are gift ones for raids eventually. Ditto is a free 6 star one I got. Floette was the Flower Veil tera grass one I picked up early on but it was pretty weak and I don't think it gained a level. I like Iron Bundle.

Last edited:
Scarlet (my first, and main, game):
scarlet.png

Violet:
violet.png

The fact I ended up with Venomoth on both is an amusing coincidence. Venomoth is my favourite Pokemon, so I deliberately chose it in Scarlet. (Aside from the starter, the only things I planned ahead of time were an Ice-Type and whichever of Venomoth and Lokix I came across first.) My Violet team was entirely decided by raids. First Pokemon I got from a raid was a Venonat, lol.

Worth pointing out that due to them being raid Pokemon, most of my Violet team (also the Crabominable on my Scarlet, for that matter) had pretty useless Tera types. Venomoth did get Bug, but I'm pretty sure I only ever terastalized Skeledirge, and I don't think I ever even did it in an actual story-relevant fight. (I did it a couple of times because I was short of one-shotting a wild, lol.) Guess it's also worth pointing out that the Indeedee and Dragonite also had their hidden abilities (Psychic Surge and Multiscale).

I usually prefer making teams featuring the generations all new Pokemon, but they're making that harder and harder every time aren't they? Soon they'll be releasing generation 10 with exactly 4 new pokemon, the rest being reskins "regional forms", legendaries and unwanted evolutions.

Introducing my Scarlet team: Morgana, Sodium, Roulette, Petra, Endorphin, and Antarctica.

scarletingameteamohai.png

I thought Union Circle was only for local play ... I carried Endorphin all the way to level 60/before the fighting type Team Star base waiting for my nephew to start playing the copy I bought him before I realised my mistake ... once I did though, god damn.

Roulette might be the MVP? Once he evolved and I gave him some good TMs, I ended up using him in almost every major fight. Then again, even though Morgana kept telling me that I'm tired and should go to bed, if an enemy was particularly tough he'd usually end up being the one to clean them up, so I don't know.

I used to think Antarctica was the most hideous pseudo-legendary they've made yet, but he really grew on me, especially with that cute little dance he does (Frigibax is still an abomination though). I was expecting to swap Sodium and Petra out for other Pokemon later in the game, but they both proved very reliable as a tank and a mini-Zapdos respectively, and I had grown so attached to my team I didn't want to change any of them out. I think I would have preferred if Petra had come with an electric tera type instead of flying, but oh well, she's doing her best.

Now they are all retired in a nice comfy PC box while I catch and breed new Pokemon for tera raids and Pokedex completion.

I am on my third run now, I want to try out all the starters and I simply enjoy playing through the game :).

Team for Skeledirge:

~Skeledirge
~Azumarill (Huge Power)
~Clodsire (Water Absorb)
~Kilowattrel (Volt Absorb)
~Gogoat
~Farigiraf

I know I have used Gogoat and Kilowattrel in previous runs, but I like both pokémon a lot so they make a return.

Loving Azumarill and Clodsire a lot so far :).

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
1670918336485.png

Due to the nature of how easy it is to level up in the game, and the amount of new Pokemon that I really enjoyed, I swapped around a lot of temporary members before coming to this as my final team. Some included Flamigo who was ridiculously broken in the early game and was the team's carry for a while before I boxed him due to being more interested in other mons, Lokix who was a longtime member until around the 6th gym when I started swapping him out to use Cetoddle/titan more often, and then he eventually petered off after using him for Tulip's gym, and I also attempted to use Iron Treads for a while around the 6th/7th gyms but didn't really get attached. The main six here though, they're my guys. I would have to say the most enjoyable to use was Cetitan in the late game, you pop the Snowscape TM on that bad boy and it becomes a sweeping machine (especially in Rika and Hassel's fights in the E4).

Flamigo is a really useful Pokémon early on. Since it doesn't evolve it has high stats compared to other pokémon who need to evolve first, and it has two really good offensive types.
I will try Espathra too. Looks like an interesting pokémon.

1671596588910.png

Screenshot 2022-12-20 10.11.42 PM.png

I don't have the game yet since I don't have a switch (though I'm hoping to get one soon for Christmas!!) but this is who I plan to use for Violet. Nothing too special, all of my teams ever are just Pokemon I like. My favorites from this gen specifically are Scovillain and Tatsugiri.

1671596849057.png

1673370389098.png

In the event I get Scarlet as well, this is the other team I've planned. Like Violet I'm just using Pokemon I like, super happy Indeedee is in this game since he happens to be one of my all-time favorite mons.

Edit 12/25/22: I got a Switch Lite and Violet!!!! Super excited to start my journey, though I'm somewhat unsure if I'll keep Tatsugiri on the team, might replace it if it doesn't work out for me, or if I find like a shiny or something ^^;

Edit 12/30/22: Decided to use Tinkaton instead of Tatsugiri! Her name is Sugarpuff

Last edited:
currently sporting:
-skeleridge
-corvi
-gyarados
-tinkaton
-sandy shocks (got from suprise trade)
-arbolivia

And have yet to beat team star and the last titan. I do have the 8 badges though. Does anyone have any recommendations for swapping out arbolivia for a better grass type, or perhaps something that is more useful against elite 4? let me know.

And have yet to beat team star and the last titan. I do have the 8 badges though. Does anyone have any recommendations for swapping out arbolivia for a better grass type, or perhaps something that is more useful against elite 4? let me know.
"better" and "grass type" is a rough combo, as aside meowscarada, available grass types arent anything special.

That said, there's a fixed Breelom encounter somewhere as well as Shroomish all over the place, that one could work well + also give you a fighting type which you lack (not that you "need" one, but it's a option).

"better" and "grass type" is a rough combo, as aside meowscarada, available grass types arent anything special.

That said, there's a fixed Breelom encounter somewhere as well as Shroomish all over the place, that one could work well + also give you a fighting type which you lack (not that you "need" one, but it's a option).
the first sentence </3 :(, but ur right. I will have a look at Breloom. Thank you.

the first sentence </3 :(, but ur right. I will have a look at Breloom. Thank you.
Hehe sadly the grass types available in SwSh aren't amongst the top tiers...
Scovillain is nice on paper but lacking in practice (bad coverage and it's not like you're really using clorophyl during the story), similarly Abomasnow is cool on paper bad on practice due to being super slow, the Hoppip line is all over the place but the stats arent anything to write home about, we don't talk about Sunflora (+ you'd need a Sun stone ...), Amoongus isn't exactly the epitome of damage either, Cacturne is made of paper, Lilligant and Lurantis have basically nonexistant coverage, Tropius exists I guess....

You have Tsareena as another option (both as fixed encounter, or just catch wild Steenees) which is pretty solid if you dont want Breelom, or either of the two Applin evos (you can buy the evo items from the store, or find them on ground), then Gogoat and Leafeon if you're feeling frisky.

You could otherwise look for one of the new ones, Toedscruel is actually pretty cool, and Brambleghast is... ok I suppose?

Hehe sadly the grass types available in SwSh aren't amongst the top tiers...
Scovillain is nice on paper but lacking in practice (bad coverage and it's not like you're really using clorophyl during the story), similarly Abomasnow is cool on paper bad on practice due to being super slow, the Hoppip line is all over the place but the stats arent anything to write home about, we don't talk about Sunflora (+ you'd need a Sun stone ...), Amoongus isn't exactly the epitome of damage either, Cacturne is made of paper, Lilligant and Lurantis have basically nonexistant coverage, Tropius exists I guess....

You have Tsareena as another option (both as fixed encounter, or just catch wild Steenees) which is pretty solid if you dont want Breelom, or either of the two Applin evos (you can buy the evo items from the store, or find them on ground), then Gogoat and Leafeon if you're feeling frisky.

You could otherwise look for one of the new ones, Toedscruel is actually pretty cool, and Brambleghast is... ok I suppose?
I would check out Tsareena too, but I wish we just got a big and bad grass type in the game other than the starter. I notice how the grass types usually have a smaller frame as well, design wise. I would like something bulkier looking to match the rest of the team. But I think I would go with Breloom. or I could just not have a Grass type in my team and put something way else in it's slot.

1671711372227.png

SV is the first game where I somewhat thought my team strategically.

Skeledirge :skeledirge: was both pretty tanky and decently fast could set up Charcoal-boosted Torch Song pretty easily, while Tinkaton :tinkaton: had a funny healing build with Draining Kiss (to heal a lot), Gigaton Hammer (also heals a solid amount of HP with Shell Bell because the move is powerful) and Steel Claw to boost Attack and score kills/heal more with Gigaton Hammer thanks to the boost/have a STAB outside of Gigaton Hammer.

Then we have Mabosstiff :mabosstiff:, actually the last Pokémon I added to the team, who was therefore underleveled for a while. Still its Intimidate helped tremendously because Tinkaton :tinkaton: and Garganacl :garganacl: walled everything with its support, so I was favorably surprised by this Pokémon of which I did not expect much. Garganacl :garganacl: was just my wall, but it had the knack to proc Quick Claw at opportune times! Annihilape :annihilape: also liked Intimidate support, and its Rage Fist carried me through most fights. It was also a Fighting type that could handle other Fighting types, and I needed that on my team after getting tired of Flamigo :flamigo: (though it was also very solid).

Finally, we have Toedscruel :toedscruel:, which is the one that really fell off as I played the game. Still its Spore, natural bulk and its set of immunities could sometimes helps, as I could set up Growth or another teammate. (Orignally spent a lot of time looking for a Toedscool :toedscool: due to a trainer having one and me finding it funny.)

Other notable Pokémon I experimented with:

- Flamigo :flamigo: as a Fighting/Flying was really great and brought me a Ground immunity. It was a very great choice but I just wanted to experiment with something else.

- Maushold :maushold: on the other hand I didn't expect much of and was still disappointed by. It just neither packs the punch nor has enough defenses, and was very reliant on Tera as such for solid damage output. Ended up boxing it before Population Bomb.

- Lokix :lokix: also disappointed me, though it might moreso be because of my expectations: I was searching for a Fighting Pokémon that resisted Fighting and stumbled upon that grasshopper Pokémon (Nymble :nymble:) and thought "Oh, this is so gonna evolve into a Fighting-type!". Needless to say, I was sad when I saw "Bug/Dark", because now it not only wasn't a Fighting-type, but also no longer resisted it. I still experimented around with it, but its weak STABs left much to be desired of its damage output. Ended up boxing it before finding Flamigo then Annihilape.

I honestly did not experiment with much at all because I quickly found stuff I liked.

Oh, and that Annihilape is overleveled cause I EV'd something on Chansey to take on raids lol.

Last edited:
- Maushold :maushold: on the other hand I didn't expect much of and was still disappointed by. It just neither packs the punch nor has enough defenses, and was very reliant on Tera as such for solid damage output. Ended up boxing it before Population Bomb.
Well honestly that kinda is the "problem" of Maushold... it does one thing, and that's it. Ofc that one thing it does, it does absolutely amazingly, but sucks at pretty much everything else :wo:

I don't like the "situation" of the grass types in SV as well.

When I built a team on paper and I wanted to play a grass type it was either "use Meowscarada" or "use no grass type" most the time.

I mean Breloom, Tsareena, Gogoat, Leafeon... those are "o.k. pokémon" in general, especially since we are only talking about using a pokémon to play through the story, but most the time I found I could make better use of pokémon of other types than grass in the long run.
Grass only hits ground, rock and water types for super effective damage, that's not that much I assume.

Once I completed a playthrough in which I don't even use both a fire and a grass type pokémon lol.

( I used Quaquaval, Tinkaton, Gardevoir, Kilowattrel, Mudsdale and Umbreon, and I also used Flamigo to carry early parts of the game until I had caught all the 6 team members)

I ran Lilligant for a grass-type, which says something about the quality of the grass-type options. That said, she did some serious work via Quiver Dance and Giga Drain when needed, but still, oof.

My team:
Violet Team 1.png

I swapped a lot(Flamigo got dropped when I picked up Tauros, Pawmot for Kilowattrel, and Tandemaus was fun, but ultimately pure-normal is rough to find space for in the endgame.
Skeledirge was very feast-or-famine, if it got a couple boosts it could one-shot everything, if not it took a load of damage.
Tauros mostly just swept, though the lack of mid-game Fighting STAB was annoying and I had to feed it a lot of XP to keep it on-par with the rest of my team.
Lilligant was a late addition because I needed another water switch-in, but performed surprisingly well. QD is a very easy boost to use, and combined with self-heal options, meant Lilligant could handle everything I needed her to.
Kilowattrel was standard electric-type. Outspeed and either one-shot or Volt Switch. If I don't do either, it WILL take a pile of damage. The Wind Power ability was useless, every flying type against it used Air Slash for some reason.
Tinkaton is a Fairy/Steel type with good STABs and good bulk. No complaints at all.
Clodsire was fun. It shouldn't have been good. It was slow enough to be guaranteed to take a hit, and it's bulk was mostly in HP so healing it is an item sink. And yet, 3 distinct hazards with a game that makes it easy to swap between them is great for boss fights. Yawn is great. Ground/Poison is good coverage. And it's bulky enough to accomplish whatever you need it to, taking multiple hits while it sets up hazards and sleeps the enemy. I was mostly using him temporarily, but he carried me in some important battles and ended up on my final team because of it.

IMG_20221223_120503.jpg

Aight, since I finished the main storylines recently I figured I might as well contribute to the thread with the main 7 whom I swapped around on for the whole thing!
:sv/skeledirge:
I practically had never used any fire starters in any playthrough, mostly since they end up outshined by one or both of the other starters. However, with sv bringing one that remains excellent looking throughout the whole thing, I decided to finally break the curse! Anyway, Alebrije (with soft j pls don't pronounce it with hard j it sounds so weird that way..) the skeledirge was decently enjoyable! He was pretty darn bulky, and could effortlessly stomach at least super effective hit and either cripple the opponent with will o wisp or smack them around with a decently powerful attack. Torch song also allowed them to snowball enemy teams relatively easily. All in all, definitely solid, so glad I went with them.
:sv/clodsire:
Woops the clodsire was originally intended as team filler until I got a tatsugiri. However, since I went in blind in terms of where they were found, I didn't know they were late game and thus ended up using them much more than anticipated. Tho tbh, I didn't rly mind that much. Much like skeledirge, they were insanely bulky, and could stave off some incredibly strong hits. Water absorb was also incredibly cheeky to use on this guy, since the ai would just spam water moves and heal him.They were kinda on the weaker side offensively tho, and for most of the game I was stuck with mud shot as a ground move. Still, the bulk was certainly appreciated.
:sv/dachsbun:
Fiddo the dachsbun was a pleasant surprise to say the least. The fidough phase was at first kinda rough. He wasn't very powerful, and wasn't the bulkiest either. That was, until they learned play rough at level 19. LEVEL. NINETEEN. After that they at least had a nuclear stab for that point in the game. Some levels later they evolved and got significantly better. Well baked body was also incredibly cheeky, and combined with baton pass it was excellent. Roar was also useful for unwanted battles or general phasing. I do wish they didn't have their attack reducing nature, but other than that he was overall good.
:sv/arboliva:
I've seen some talk about grass types in this game recently in the thread, so I'm gonna contribute my two cents. Acetona the arboliva for me was pretty darn well rounded overall. Much like skeledirge, she mixed bulk and power for outstanding results. She certainly wasn't flawless tho. Seed sower was kinda hit or miss, since it either allowed arboliva to blow up a bulky foe with a grass attack and heal the team, or it just made said foe harder to take down due to the healing. She was also tera normal, so I couldn't nuke things with tera grass attacks boosted by grassy terrain. Tho, then again, it did allow her to get rid of the grass weaknesses if needed and boosted normal stab, so it was fine. All in all, tho the shortcomings are there, I certainly enjoyed using her.
:sv/lokix:
I adored lokix since I saw their picture for the very first time on the leaks, and I decided I HAD to use them. While nymble was much more annoying to find than I anticipated, and nymble himself was kinda underwhelming, it all paid off when he evolved. Chespirito the lokix was the star of the early game, tearing everything apart with lunge and assurance with fantastic speed and power. He kinda lost protagonism in the mid game, but came roaring back with first impression and throat chop, at which point he became valuable for killing faster foes and countering ghost types. Unlike his friends thus far, his bulk wasn't good at all, so I couldn't rly expect him to last forever on the field. Still, he was definitely one of the more fun mons to use
:sv/kilowattrel:
The penultimate member I caught, Chispino the kilowattrel at first was too high leveled to listen to me, so I went in to the water gym with only Acetona (a dolliv at the time) as a water killer. She unfortunately got overwhelmed pretty quickly due to pluck veluza, so it was a pretty uphill battle. After that tho things went swimmingly. He was insanely fast and decently strong too. I do wish I didn't have to use dual wingbeat as a flying move for so long until I got hurricane, which proceeded to become a nuke. Volt switch was also useful for luring resisted attacks and bringing other teammates safely while also dealing damage. Not a game ender for sure, but he did get the job done.
:sv/tatsugiri-stretchy:
I was extremely excited to use this lil guy, so I was extremely saddened when I realized that they were a late game encounter. Still, when I finally got Onigiri the tatsugiri and started to cycle my mons, she certainly put in effort. Muddy water missed much more times than I would've liked, tho the accuracy drop certainly came in clutch. Draco meteor combined with nasty plot also could easily blow up almost everything that didn't resist it and taunt could cancel any annoying status move. She was also much more specially bulky than appeared, which was always appreciated.

Ik this team isn't the most optimal, but I had tons of fun using these guys, so I have no regrets!

Normally, when I do my first playthrough of a new generation, I make it a point to only use new Pokemon. But this time...

1672012242198.png

My beautiful mushroom kangaroo finally gets put in a regional dex for the first time since his inception in Hoenn, and I couldn't NOT use him. And sure, this team ended up being "oops, all physical attackers", but it was still a ton of fun.

1672012438223.png

Joker the Meowscarada. I went into this playthrough with zero knowledge of the starter evolutions. I was nervous when my Sprigatito became bipedal when it evolved the first time, but given the moves that it was learning, I was still hopeful that it would become the fast, physical Grass attacker that I've hoped for for 4 generations. And let me just say, WOW, this guy delivers! Grass/Dark is such a cool typing, and I love designs that are sneaky and graceful. I absolutely adore Meowscarada, both in design and in mechanics - to the point where it's actively competing with Sceptile for the position of my favourite starter. Flower Trick is hilarious, Knock Off was a great secondary STAB (Night Slash is probably better ingame but whatever), and U-Turn and Play Rough rounded out the coverage. 10/10, would choose Sprigatito again. And yes, I had been playing Persona 5 at the time that S/V came out, hence the nickname. The only thing I dislike about Meowscarada is that its design steps on Roserade a bit, but that's such a minor thing that I can overlook it.

1672013031865.png

GargaNaCl the Garganacl. Sure, it's another Geodude rehash, but I love this guy. When I first encountered Nacli I couldn't stop laughing at its name (being a chemistry nerd myself) - I was planning on dumping it for something else eventually, but when it evolved from Chemistry Pokemon into Minecraft Chemistry Pokemon, I knew it needed to be a permanent team member. In all there's not much else I need to say about GargaNaCl (pronounced Garga-en-ay-cee-el)- it was bulky, and it spammed Rock Slide a lot.

1672013335863.png

Cinder the Ceruledge, a Pokemon that I knew I needed to use on my team as soon as it was revealed. Not gonna lie, Cinder (named for one of the players in my D&D game whose character has a very similar aesthetic) was a pain to raise. First off, Charcadet spawns everywhere in Paldea but in practice hardly ever appears. Then, once I caught it, there was the whole process of evolving it - finding out that Sinistea only frequently spawned outside Alfornada, rushing a couple of Path of Legends missions so that Miraidon could get there at all, and then getting thoroughly lost in that cave for an hour before finally getting there. But in the end, Ceruledge was absolutely worth it and solo'd multiple bosses with just Bitter Blade and a bit of help with Swords Dance.

1672013694360.png

Mishi the Breloom! After so long of an absence, Breloom lives! Was she redundant with my starter? Yes. And do I care? No, not particularly. In fairness, I got incredibly lucky by finding a Shroomish in a Tera Raid den (meaning that it came right away with Spore and Bullet Seed), but Mishi was so strong. She's also been my most-used Pokemon now in the postgame because of Spore and False Swipe being so good for helping with captures.

1672014140497.png

Clodsire, no nickname. Like Garganacl, Clodsire was intended to be a filler Pokemon... until the Wooper evolved into this magnificent creature. Honestly, though, Clodsire was a pain to use until lategame because it was stuck with Mud Shot for so long as its Ground STAB, and Clodsire's (or at least my one's) SAtk is garbage. Still a fun mon, though.

1672014237901.png

Palafin, also no nickname. Sort of a last-minute addition because I wanted to round out the FWG core, Palafin was nevertheless a solid mon. Hit hard, looks cool, you know the drill. The only awkward thing was that I had to message my friend to help with the evolution.

team.png

As is norm whenever I start a new game, I always use the new Gen mons first. I typically always want a FGW core in the games and looking at the Grass types, Meowscarada is the only one that really sticks out (on Violet).

Ceruledge and Tauros are gonna be a pain to find but I look forward to the day they start to pull their weight. I may end up swapping Tauros for Palafin and Dachsbun for Iron Valiant but the doggo is a mon I've always wanted to use. Kilowattrel doesn't appeal to me much but does round out the roster whilst also not contributing towards 3 weaknesses. I can always eventually change it for Miraidon down the line whose powerful enough to warrant 3 Ground weaknesses.

1672275277930.png

Need advice for my end-game; OP team, please pick for me a pokemon that is not overlap with the pokemon I already have. Thinking about Palafin whoops, it overlaps with Bundle, or maybe you have better suggestion?

"endgame" team? This game has no end-game so I'm not sure what you mean with it.
Iron Bundle isn't even available in Scarlet, and theparadoxes in general are only available once you're at the final boss, with Koraidon/Miraidon not being available at all before beating the story. You'll be done with the game before you have all of that.

And if you really want something "op" that doesn't overlap, idk throw Espathra or some other Psychic in there.

Last edited:
My first thought is Glimmora. I'm not sure if it's as "OP" as the rest (although it has really high special attack), but its types don't overlap with what you have whereas most of the other strong Paldean pokemon do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)