Post Your Scarlet & Violet In-Game Teams!

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
team so far.jpg

My team currently has 29 members, it is getting hard to give everyone the same level of attention, but it has been working out. Was only going to catch gen 9 mons, but found a shiny Yungoos in a cave.
They have defeated Katy, Klawf, Bombirdier, Artazon, Mela, Iono, Orthworm, Giacomo and Iron Treads in that order.

IMG-20221120-WA0038.jpeg

Team that I had after beating the 3 main stories and that I've kept for all the remainder of the game.

That corviknight caught pretty late from a tera fight, fighting type with body press, single handedly carried half of my game.
Absolutely disgusting.
Special mention to the Adamant Revavroom I had before it, also an absolute beast.
And the only nicknamed mon is the shiny Rockruff i caught very early, named off a friend's doggo.

Fun game though, I've got KOd 4 times total, and that's more than in all other pokemon games I played combined.

I really just wish it didnt choke so hard on performance.

(Also yes low quality pic cause phone sucks and I won't be home for a few days)

1668995142597.png

Just finished the story with this team, and I gotta say that this gen went hard with the new designs. And yes, I can already hear you yelling that Copperajah was introduced last gen. Originally I wanted Clodsire in that slot but it didn't quite pull its weight and I found a shiny Cufant so I figured why not? Some disjointed thoughts:

- Floragato getting Seed Bomb at lv20 is obscene, in a good way. Flower Trick is also stupidly fun.
- Finding Sinistea to get the Malicious Armor was annoying because I couldn't find them in one area they were supposed to be. Finding Water Breed Tauros and Arctibax was similarly frustrating.
- Ceruledge is the most badass 'mon I have ever seen and I love it so much.
- Baxcalibur is absurdly strong. Ice Shard boosted by Never-Melt Ice swept about a third of the Elite Four on its own. Totally worth it.
- Kilowattrel was just kinda... there but did surprisingly much in the end. I suppose rolling Modest helped. I had wanted to try Wind Power but got Volt Absorb, which saved my bacon a couple times.

Lots of cool mons I wanna try still, shame about, y'know, finding the space to fit them.

Last edited:
image_2022-11-20_215158200.png

I had two goals in this team... power rangers and only gen 9 mons
though i ended up with 2 dinos on the team, i get to call them megazords so it's cool

and while i know that i seem to have many shared weaknesses, thankfully making meowscarada's ability protean and using terastralize i find the team a bit more balanced + i can always just add coverage moves to make it easier

Nicknames:

Meowscaarada: Shiva
Baxcalibur: Boreas
Ceruledge: Specter
Kingambit: Owl (i played sekiro)
Iron Valiant: Artemis
Iron Thorns: Odin

Just hit the credits. Here's how my final team ended up.

1669017973136.png

Unpictured: Clodsire and Revaroom who I also kept around for a good long while.

Didn't have much trouble at all with the game, and very thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending is so good I don't want to even talk about it too much in vacuities.

Meowscarada was super good throughout the whole experience. Glad the old standard of the grass type getting shafted has been mostly buried by this point.

Ceruledge was an early pick up, but I boxed it real quick at first. It had major Ralts energy, so I only brought it back on once I had the evolution item. Was great for clearing through big swaths of the game though, bitter blade's great!

Pawmot fell off mostly by the late game and was mostly here as a legacy member, but it was a super valuable catching tool with Nuzzle. Him and Clodsire put in work on my Pokedex.

Tinkaton's design is so fun and the animation on Gigaton Hammer singlehandedly justifies its use for an in game playthrough. Real handy resistance throughout the experience.

Slowking and Cetitan were late game additions, but made the rest of the game almost trivial. Yawn + Chilly Reception into Cetitan Belly Drum (thank you picnic egg moves!) made some bosses that seemed as though they'd be otherwise difficult a +6 ice spinner away from death. Also, did I mention Cetitan was 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed minted to Adamant and bottle capped? I can't believe this game lets you get flat out competitive Pokemon before the credits roll! It's such an amazing change for competitive accessibility.

This game has an atrocious intro bit and the frame rates really mire things at first, but man, is it a great ride after that bit with the desert holes is over and you can do open world Pokemon. Seriously enjoyed my playthrough, and looking forward to the massive chunks of Paldea I still haven't explored.

It's the launch of a new generation. It's always fun to mull around and share what team you want to use! Will you head into the game dead set on a certain squad? Or will you roll with whatever the game gives you and savor the surprise? Share your thoughts!

Of course, once you've beaten the game, feel free to show off your pals that made it all the way in this thread!

You can use this resource to share your planned team:

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/plan/#sv
Shoutout to the hard work of richi3f for the dope ass team builder

Currently I'm planning on something like...

View attachment 466362

I've got a few weirdo impulses in my brain for making teams for a new game. 1) Use as many dual types without overlapping as possible. 2) Use as many new Pokemon as possible. 3) Try and avoid using a Water-type, if possible (several generations of being forced to be tethered to surf made me want to shake things up a bit). This is the best mix of chapper lads and power I can think up for now. That said, I do plan on having a rotating cast since the EXP share games makes that really easy and my first playthrough of SWSH with like 9 different Pokemon was majorly enjoyable. I'll go wherever the wind takes me (until I catch a Kilowatrel) and try out whatever I stumble upon.

But that's enough about me. What are you all planning on using? Share it below!
This will be my Scarlet team. I’m buying both so I’ll be posting my Violet team as well

Attachments

For the first time in a while, I was glad to be able to use only new Pokemon for my first team. I was excited to realize there are many options!

FD94FCF1-9166-4CC0-9079-A1B787F75276.jpeg

Overall, a very good team. The only unsure spot after the game is Toedscruel. It's ability means Spore always comes off second, no matter the opposing Mon, so that's a bummer. Might give Energy Ball to Glimmora for Grass coverage and replace with something else (eyeing up Iron Treads or Tinkaton...)

Honorable mentions that didn't make the team: Gholdengo, Annihilape, Espathra, Revavroom, Tatsugiri, Iron Moth.

1669216620672.png

Finished the storylines last night, this was my team. This was actually a fun playthrough, ended up switching Ceruledge for Armarouge because i needed more special. Dondozo was surprisingly useful in a few fights, especially in E4.
Nicknames: Annihilape is Bardock (Dead "monkey"), Tink was Hilda because I only see Hilda from 3Houses, and Don was Don Kench (Tahm Kench).

Postgame swapping Bardock for Iron Valiant. I try not to have overlapping types, but Annihilape was arguably the least useful on this team.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PXL_20221123_031339295.jpg

My end game team.

Quaquaval - much better than expected and has very much sold me on him as the best starter. Good stats, great typing, phenomenal movepool. Aqua Step / Close Combat / Ice Spinner / Swords Dance or Acrobatics

Kilowattrel - my new favorite regional bird and probably what I'd pick if I were a Mon right now. Zapdos but just average was excellent overall, electric flying is a universally great typing offensively and defensively and was a go to for catching stuff (over 300 dex). Thunderbolt / Hurricane / Thunder Wave / Roost w/ Life Orb

Armarouge - the absolute anchor of the team through the entire mid-game and into the late game. Fantastic offensive typing and stabs meant it was constantly melting foes. Also the backup catch support. Low speed hurts some in the end game. Armor Cannon / Psychic / Energy Ball / Will-o-Wisp

Kingambit - didn't get much use because it took forever until it would obey me but was a personal favorite nonetheless. Hits like an absolute Mack truck off that insane attack stat and has excellent defensive typing and bulk. Kowtow Cleave / Iron Head / Brick Break / Swords Dance.

Glimmora - didn't find one until nearly the end game unfortunately but was still excellent when I did have it. Covered some important type gaps for my team offensively and defensively and of course was very powerful overall. Fun to use. Sludge Bomb / Power Gem / Dazzling Gleam / Rock Polish.

Great Tusk - took a while for me to find it's footing, was oddly missing some expected KOs despite and attacking stat equal to Armarouge but once I figured out how to use it effectively it didn't look back. Incredible bulk, very powerful, and shockingly quick. Assault Vest went a looong way to patching up its main weakness. Earthquake / Close Combat / Ice Spinner / Knock Off or Bulk Up

Edit: also koraidon is bae and I will fight anyone for him

Last edited:

This wound up being my team.
  • Cyclizar (Jolly: Dragon Claw, Double-Edge, U-Turn, Shift Gear) hit kinda weak but it was mainly there to U-Turn and hold Amulet Coin (I play by Set rules and I don't care that they removed it!) plus its Dragon typing made it quite resistant.
  • Espathra (Timid: Lumina Crash, Energy Balll, Dazzling Gleam, Baton Pass) was kinda mediocre, being both frail and not hitting all that hard but having a guaranteed -2 SpD spam move made it quite formidable regardless.
  • Skeledirge (Modest: Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Hex) is about as great as expected, but a bit slow.
  • Dondozo (Adamant: Heavy Slam, Liquidation, Avalanche, Earthquake) is sloooooow but with that power and Unaware it was my eternal wall. Needed to find a LOT of TMs to make it workable though, including going out of my way for Liquidation and Avalanche since I bred it and it doesn't get its first physical water STAB until lvl. 40. But by the end I had a stallwart with Assault Vest.
  • Pawmot (Jolly: Dig, Nuzzle, CC, Double Shock) kinda happened organically, it was just kinda there from the beginning and decided "eh, might as well run it". Takes a loooong time before it gets going though as its good moves don't happen until late.
  • Glimmora (Timid: Sludge Wave, Venoshock, Power Gem, Mortal Spin) kinda wound up being the star surprise, which I assume isn't surprising to anyone who played SV OU because GODDAMN Toxic Debris puts in work. With that and Venoshock this thing could sweep. Paired very nicely Hex Skeledirge. Would replace Sludge Wave with Earth Power but cba farming the materials.

Overall: pretty decent, but I wanted more pivot moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)