Resource Post-WCoOMs Thread

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to the US Northeast victors and pro manager sed for taking home the tournament! This thread is meant to look back on the first iteration of World Cup of OMs. You can dump teams/sets/cores/whatever here that you used or prepped for the tour, comment on the format (yes I noticed there were things that could get improved too), discuss games, whatever really you guys know the drill. To help facilitate that, here's the World Cup of OMs Records and Standings sheet. Please look, it took me a while and there's some interesting things there. A random facts I picked up while making the sheet: Canada still has the best W/L by far, Leru is the only player who played more than 2 games to go undefeated, 1v1 is the only meta where no player got 4 wins but also the only meta where no player got zero wins, STABmons had the most dominant performances of any meta, and MaceMaster is Midwest's only player to eke out a better-than-negative record, and, while most teams that didn't make it to semis had mostly just a bunch of average performances, South Europe is this huge statistical outlier with Leru, Iron Crusher, and Jucherz doing very well and every other member going -2 (except for frisoeva who went 0-1).
This was pretty enjoyable to host over the last 2+ months (yeah long process, wouldn't mind shortening the format next time), and thanks for all the positive feedback. Once again, congratulations to Northeast for pulling through and maybe I'll see you guys next year. Or maybe I'll need to start ghosting all of Midwest, who knows.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Congratulations to the US Northeast victors and pro manager sed for taking home the tournament!
Thanks it means a lot.

Anyway it's shoutouts time!

beast squad (in no particular order except sed is first)
sed I remember when you first approached me about co-managing with me. You were trying to sell yourself as a good manager, an active presence, and all that jazz. Looking back at that now I have to laugh, because it should have been the other way around. You did so much more than me for this team and this tour and while I'm still kinda annoyed MZ forgot me you deserve the shoutout in the first post way more than I do. While I was mostly building with Betathunder you were building with and testing with half the team, providing constant support, and checking in with everybody. While this victory was absolutely a team effort, it is in a very real way your work that made that team come together in the way that it did.

Betathunder Building with you was super heat dude. That Scizor set was one of the heatest things I've seen in awhile. You had some truly dominant performances, and ended up with arguably the best record in the whole tour (tied with Rozes). Never used that Lando-T set tho >;( Good work fren.

Andyboy You came through for us whe we needed you to mate. Going into tonight we were 2-2 and I was biting my nails at the start of your match, but you absolutely dominated. You fully deserve your reputation as a top Mix and Mega player, and you played an incredibly important part in winning us this championship. Also never use Fleur Cannon again, I'm still in pain from that.

TDA Honestly I know almost nothing about 1v1. You did good, especially considering how little support you really had from teammates who actually knew the metagame. Thanks for everything, it was pretty awesome having you around, and that win in finals really helped us keep on our feet.

Highlord I know we didn't play you. We didn't actually swap up our starting rotation once I'm pretty sure, which is kinda odd honestly. I just really want you to know and appreciate that it's not because I (or Sed) don't think you're a great player, we know you are. We kept you in the back as our secret weapon, out flexible substitute who I could be confident in having come in and play almost anything. Nobody else could have brought that to the team, and I'm really glad we had that assurance in the back. You were also a huge help with building and testing, but that I'm sure you already know ;)

morogrim You are a freaking legend my dude. It was a privilege to be your captain, and I hope that we provided the team-building support I know you've felt you lacked in the past. I was really glad we had such a solid, dependable player to form part of our teams backbone, and in one of the most highly competitive metas in the tour, you managed to stand out.

Paycard Hmm who to pick for AG? Oh Paycard is North-East, ok easy, next. You were our first and basically only pick for AG (not that we had to make long lists for this tour given how the draft worked). You have a giant reputation, and you lived up to it, nabbing one of the best records in probably the toughest meta out there, all while preparing for three matches each week.

Sabella You goated up this tour. When Sed sed he could talk to you about joining the tour I was thrilled. We went from being fairly AAA weak to having a truly godly player in our midst, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the match between you and Rozes was one of my most highly anticipated matches ever. Skill shows, even when it's not your main meta, and you have skill to spare.

EternalSnowman Hey dude sorry we didn't play you. It was good having you in the thread, wish I had gotten to know you better, but we didn't really want to change up a winning formula too much. Hope we see you around oms more :)

honorary beasts
Catalystic Saved the best for first. You helped so much in semis and finals, I don't know what we would have done without you. You are truly a phenomenal player and it was a ton of fun to have you around.
Jrdn Your STAB teams are still goat even though we didn't use one. Thanks for being around to help.
Freddy Kyogre (or is it Freddy Cougar?) I can't seem to get away from you in tours eh? Thanks so much for coming in to help out TDA in the last week, it means a lot to have experienced knowledgeable people around for bouncing ideas off of and for testing.
Sylveon. Thanks for helping us test Mix and Mega, prep and team scouting really payed off in the last week.

And thanks to anyone else who helped our beasts build or test or otherwise prep that I am unaware of or forgot!

and finally Megazard for hosting!

I'm likely going to be taking a week off starting very soon. I may want to post some sets and stuff in the STABmons thread (gotta heat Lando set but it didn't get used BETATHUNDER so I'm not posting it here) but after that I'm going to be taking some time to try to become less obviously addicted to this site. Anyways see y'all in two days when I crack or forget.

dom

Banned deucer.
1v1:

Toxapex @ Psychium Z
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Scald

I decided that pex hadn't rly proven itself in 1v1 so I wanted to make a set. Beats both zards usually (ID, then X will confuse itself with outrage eventually) and stuff like magearna or whatever. Replay vs Blaze.
Toxapex @ Psychium Z
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Scald

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpA
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Roost
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
I built this thing AGES ago but never rly used it that much. I like it here more than ORAS because Priority Z-Nuke rocks.

HEART EYES (Lickilicky) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Fire Punch

Brought it vs TDA and didn't click it but won, but I always thought this tech was cool. Cool special wall (owns gear and stuff) while countering DeoS (why i made the set).

Besides that I just kinda used ""standard""" stuff, not really but for me yeah. I didn't use that many of my own teams and won't leak other peoples stuff (s/o rockium blaziken tho).

BEE AYCH!

Ditto @ Quick Powder
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt/Lovely Kiss
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Memento

Good suicide lead tbh.

s/o my team for bossing up the whole tour, captains were involved and players were kewl, skarph eien and rozes seemed to never lose.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
man im not gonna lie this sucked, wanted to get a legitimate win but i didnt even get any legitimate games lol. never felt like "oh i outplayed this guy" or vice versa, everything was just kinda lame. requesting bh bo3 to be the standard from now on tbh if ag can get it why cant we

phase 2 - vs [north europe] tzop - game

midline invasion (Dialga) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Core Enforcer
- Revelation Dance
- Rapid Spin

broken parasol (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike

yellow dust (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Heal Order
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief

claviceps (Buzzwole) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Low Kick
- Roost
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer

carbon rose (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap
- Milk Drink

amanita (Diancie-Mega) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Stealth Rock
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed

this team is ok, i brought it vs tzop and it didnt win because he brought rain and dialga is trash. its not the best ladder team but cb tc mmx smashes every stall team pretty much so you can have fun bringing it against people who like stall idk.

phase 2 - vs [us northeast] morogrim - game

STARBOI (Zeraora) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Spore

bowser's dank rave (Banette-Mega) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shadow Sneak

MUSIC LAND (Magearna) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Worry Seed
- Defog
- Shore Up

LUMA (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

20XX (Chansey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Final Gambit
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind

PINGAS (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Lonely Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

i brought the ph zeraora team because i didnt think hed expect it but of course he brings a mon that loses to both prank and gira, things i run on most teams but didnt happen to on this one lol. the team is surprisingly good on ladder if you know how to deal with common threats (ask me) and might have some merit in tours if your matchup isnt bad. this game was honestly just the worst, i needed the power of P I N G A S to win.

tiebreaker - vs [asia] chessking - game

lazy river (Yveltal) @ Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Heal Order
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

ULTIMATE YEETMAN (Chansey) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 69
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

glimmer express (Pheromosa) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Spore
- Knock Off

ULTIMATE YEETMAN (Chansey) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Soft-Boiled
- Topsy-Turvy
- Stealth Rock

krabman (Slowbro-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy

a bh hell original (Necrozma-Ultra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Magma Storm

this team is kinda weak to physical attackers because no prank/fc/ph bro isnt the best counterplay, but its not the worst matchup because you have guys like eviolite imposter, phero, and ultra to offensively check them. the game was kinda lame because he had reliable switchins to both ultra and phero so i had to slowly wear down the team and needed a 3 turn sleep to win in the end.

finals - vs [us northeast] morogrim - game

guardian charm (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up

hungover d.w. (Slowbro-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy

MOJONBO'S REVENGE (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Strength Sap
- Roost
- Haze
- Core Enforcer

second impact (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Trip
- Shell Smash
- Spore

era of technology (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Pursuit
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb

kingmaker (Ho-Oh) @ Rocky Helmet
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Milk Drink
- Defog

the team is actually pretty good. used to be trash but i replaced soundproof arceus with fc chans so it now functions like 5x better and doesnt lose to mmy/mray. knock spore trip ttar is a super cool set that deserves more recognition. as im sure you all know the game was garbage like the other three lol

experience and shoutouts:
this was my first time as a manager in something big, which was kinda scary, but it honestly wasnt that bad. after the big drafting discussion it was pretty much making minor decisions like who we were gonna put in when and having a bigger obligation to support our team. our draft went as well as it possibly couldve gone honestly, the team just came together super well and that showed when we 4-0d the seemingly invincible canada.

Anaconja: not gonna lie i didn't do much as a manager, you handled most of the boring stuff so thanks. you were able to watch most of the games, help us test, and even fill in when we needed you. also you were able to prevent drama from occurring at all which is a really cool trait to have. i think youre worthy of more manager positions as well as higher ranks in the om room (driver when??) and thanks for asking me to co-manage.

jasprose: still one of the most dangerous bh players for sure. you were able to hold down the fort in bh for phase 1, and you helped me with my own teams. i wish we were able to hang out more because we're like opposites in terms of preferred playstyles, hopefully we can be on a team again next year

rozes: if 5-1 doesn't say H E A T E R S O N then i don't know what does. you were crazy, just posted the team you were gonna use and were like "i think this is gonna win" then it did. we literally wouldnt have even made it out of pools if you werent here so thanks

Kris: before this tour i thought you were just some random grumpy guy who played stab but after the tour started i realized what kind of person you actually were. man you had more team spirit than anyone else, and you put a lot of thought into your games. you deserved a much better record i think

GarbodorIsHot: dude i saw your rmt and it was as heat as your performance in this tour. you were always ready to screw up your opp in ag in a different way each game, was pretty wild especially when you needed to prep multiple teams each round which was scary. i think rn youre a top tier player and overall a force to be reckoned with, i can barely get high gxe with stall let alone balance like you used.

dom: props to you for playing out this tour even though youre getting bored with the tier, thanks for that. teams you brought were just as fire as your memes, like that time you just destroyed tda's deoxys s with zmove talon. i hope things go well for you whether or not you continue playing in this community

Eien: monotype man out here bopping the competition in mnm. was awesome to watch you make great plays with great teams and have the game won within 30 turns. this man makes offense look like a consistent option. the only thing holding you back is the fact that ur a weeb so just fix that and youll be winning ost or something

also shoutouts to the gang/club/cult (?)/friends, you guys know who you are

didn't put too much effort into this post because i already have better ones planned so see you guys later

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Just wanted to say big s/o to cata for helping me learn the tier as the our went on. And actually huge shoutout to the rest of the team for carrying me when i lost in finals you guys rock and thanks for trusting in me

Last edited:
requesting bh bo3 to be the standard from now on tbh if ag can get it why cant we
how do you expect me to hax qt twice in a bo3 smh this guy has no consideration

Stage 1: vs vd - loss

I think this team is interesting and has potential I just played badly. Very weak to APS because I was certain vd wouldn't bring matchup dependent trash ho, so fix that if you wanna use to ladder.

Stage 1: vs MAMPTHECHAMP - loss

I also think this team is decent I just screwed up in the most tremendous way pre-game and forgot some moves, sorry for that team. Really fun to use though. I wanted to use lucky punch because mamp has a habit of making wack offense teams with a toxapex improofing 57 different mons but maybe scarf/evio is better for facing your average Joe.

Stage 2: vs SuperSkylake - win

Big shoutouts to GL Volkner here, this is a slightly edited version of one of his ompl teams. I was deciding on what sort of team to build and when I did I realised he'd posted one that did what I wanted so I just made small changes to that to suit my tastes slightly better and to be not as predictable in case SuperSkylake knew the team. Also shoutouts to vd for discussing some team ideas with me throughout the tour, it makes teambuilding less of a chore. Solid team 10/10 would steal again

S2: vs QT - hax win

This team I built trying to use a core from an old highligher team (edit: it's this team), I don't remember exactly what that team was but it had judgment contra mmy with sleep improofed by pursuit ttar and I think also a fakespeed -ate, so it was similar. I think the diancie might have been electrium at the time of the battle idk why, I was just talking with stresh after testing and it sounded more fire than london in 1666.
Step 1: Bring hax reliant sets vs qt
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

Thanks to xavgb for the inhuman amount of testing he did and the worrying number he won and also managing to be the mvp without being a p, and also thanks to moro and vd for bouncing ideas and possibly testing but I honestly can't remember :/ also congratz to moro and his team for winning I'm sure the non-BH people did well too but honestly I don't have a clue.

Last edited:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Phase 1 vs Willdbeast - Fighter.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-826905251
When I built this team, I thought I would have to put much more effort into the game vs Flint, so my effort here was a lot less concentrated because I felt Flint would also put most of his effort into the game vs me. highlighter, Klang and I initially decided on Klang's triple Steel stall, but after a few tests and from a gut feeling, I thought balance may be safer. This turned out to pay off, since Will had a Mega Garchomp, a Pokemon which would've slayed Klang's triple Steel Stall with next to no difficulty. The Registeel was initially Corrosion, Improofed by Sub PH Xern. The latter set wins a lot of games, but also being trapped into mono coverage isnt too great, I kept it anyways tho bc I felt itd be a decent choice. Corrosion turned out to be fun, but not the greatest. I ran Mold Blaziken to beat all his Fire counterplay, and the rest is a standard defensive core w/ a little offmetaish ability choice in Levitate Registeel. I also had -ate Ray, since Ray is one of my favorite mons in BH, probably the second.

During the actual game, I saw Mega Garchomp and kinda panicked. Will's good, so he was probably packing 1karrows on his chomp, and I knew having no ground immune other than mray meant he'd believe he was able to spam precipice more freely until I revealed levitate. In essence, I had to win before he realized Tarrows was free, while also not being slayed by his diancie which probably had fire or fighting coverage judging by his aegislash. Mega Gengar was probably setup, its the best Mega Gengar set by far and his team lacked any setup at first glance. I led Imposter, since he had no possible Imposter Pokemon other than ZygC which was p easy to take advantage of. I knew I had to get rid of Gengar, I had no good Ghost resist. I was forced to reveal Leviatate earlier than I wouldve liked, as Will played smart and got chomp in and I couldnt risk mray getting chipped in case I had to pull stuff w mgar later. I expected something from Aegi, maybe prank dbond, when i harded ken in, which turned out to be something will took advantage of. Fortunately, I realized he had no good improof for aegi that could avoid granting me momentum, so i went into imp. Afterwards his Aegi turned out to be an anchor/topsy/shore up/u turn aegi, so I knew a sweep from xern wasnt happening. Somewhere in there I figured out chomp was scarf, idr when, so the rest was just me trying to play safe while not getting my ass predicted by that chomper. Ended up working out, and got my first win.

Phase 2 vs E4 Flint - Lifelight.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-829469919
I think this team is probably a great example of what HO looks like in the current meta. Gengar's an obligatory suicide lead suggested by Klang, who also suggested the Gyara and highlighter suggested the MMX, but the Shedinja HO was something I wanted to bring. I think it turned out pretty well. The Gengar gets hazards up, always, and Curse is a broken move on a suicide lead - Guaranteed suicide, chipping the hell out of anything and free momentum is just far too valuable. The Shed is fairly standard. MMX and Gyara are there to be emergency buttons, both being kinda self improof. KyuB is there to be a good spinner, and MMY is there to be a good Contrary mon (Contrary is really fucking broken btw, you all need to push for a suspect on this.) Red Card was a cool tech hl came up w when we were testing and decided MMY didnt need whatever previous item it had, and it worked well in theory vs Flint because of how he tended to overrely on momentum. Kyurem-B also ate most of Flint's teams alive (or should I say... -ate haha) and I figured it'd be a good pick as a spinner bc there isn't a ghost it doesn't force out that isn't Shed, and can also improof Geng kinda.

During the actual game, I saw something largely reminiscent of sugarhigh's team vs Haylighter, felt insanely deflated then angry because I expected a new build for me instead of a recycled one for someone else. Honestly, I had the opportunity to look up the team then and there, but my pride didn't allow it and I'm glad it didn't, because I probably would've been baited into making a few plays that would've been taken advantage of by his slightly changed sets. I kinda forget what I did save for a few parts and I doubt I'd be able to play a game like I did here, because I think I played completely perfectly here, minus the Taunt turn on Gyara but that was mainly because I didn't think he'd bring no Prankster. I also think I had a good matchup, but I feel with the way I played, it predicted how he could've taken advantage of my generally safe method of playing and turned into something more risky and dangerous for me. It definitely worked out. Honestly, the main part which I remember is the Kyurem-Black to Gyarados switch - I knew he was harding Aegislash because he could see Shed was my KyuB improof, and I expected Wisp or something. I also know he knew I wasn't staying in, as I couldn't afford hazards off. So I harded Gyarados on the Aegislash, and the reason I pursuited instead of koffing was because even though I expected Wisp, I figured he wouldn't stay in - He had a Zygarde, after all. I think the biggest takeaway from that game was that I play at my best when I'm annoyed, which I'm kinda glad I found out because I definitely wouldn't have had the balls to pull the triple switch in a game where I was neutral. It was a solid win, I think, but I hope you all don't get any wrong ideas - Flint is still far better than I will ever be, and he 3-0ed me in our OMPL-style Bo3 games (available upon request). He's still the best, and I doubt I'll ever be getting a win as comfortable as I did here vs him again.

Anyway, again not gonna enter OMGS and we'll see what things look like if I'm still here and if I get drafted for OMPL. So see you all in 6 months ig (except for when I puppeteer bh open)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
even tho i did relatively poorly and these teams aren't amazing, i'll post them nwn

vs Chazm

https://pokepast.es/4d12673337b623a4

standardish boom webs with char-y rai to catch cam mage off guard which chazm is known to bring, it wouldve worked if i wasnt so paranoid initially. unfortunately, he figured it out but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vs BankaiGenius

https://pokepast.es/55ed8bb19c879ac0

pretty boring balance, has scarf ho-oh to catch kart and other various things off guard but didn't really put in much work there / offensive would've been much better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vs Fardin

https://pokepast.es/cb4a16f19574d9d8

this is like some subpar blisstina stall with an absolite terrak just in case fardin brought stall himself. absolite terrak with that spread guaranteed lives gira dtail behind sub, so you can set up on it relatively easily. definitely shouldve gone with something else but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vs Andyboy

https://pokepast.es/f086b2cf0d92a0bb

six heavy hitters, i thought this would catch andy off guard assuming he'd expect me to bring some bulky balance, and i think i did, but i still played horribly and definitely could've ran something better. but it worked, kinda, albeit it ended up coming down to a 10/90 but what can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks to Andyboy for helping test all my trash early on.

Last edited:
Big s/o to all of the Northbeasts for being a fun, chill and efficient team. I know I didn't put up the best individual record this tour and we still ended up with a fantastic team record so that speaks for how great you all performed individually outside of myself. Individual s/o to my managers sed and drampa's grandpa as well, you guys were awesome and very involved. You guys obviously put together a great team and I loved being a part of it.

Once again, a quick disclaimer that I'm a wordy person and like to ramble on things like this... Imports are at the top of the descriptions for a reason, feel free to read my accompanying paragraph or to just snatch the teams without reading my mini novel your choice.
Phase 1: Jucherz, Geerat

Jucherz
Game 1: https://pokepast.es/22f85cbdfc5c3129
Game 2: https://pokepast.es/f24cfd8b5b13aeac
Thought process was simple when building for Jucherz, he seemed to like blitzing with offensive pressure with little thought to defensive backbone so I figured I would build some anti HO.... HO.

First team is a neat webs that is centered around the concept of utilizing Lunala with Pursuit Diancite Darkrai. This can function as a makeshift improof as well as trapping opposing Lunalas and chipping Mew for Alt Zyg and such. Other mons are fairly standard on webs so I won't go super in-depth other than to say that running Diancite Darkrai gave me the freedom to run Focus Blast > Psyshock on my own Lunala as Diancite Darkrai outspeeds Ditto'd Lunala even with the Scarf. Alt Zyg is also something I used to despise on webs but has really proven its worth recently. S/o to Geerat for helping me realize this with his own awesome webs that I used later this tour.

Second team is some pretty wack cheese I threw together with the purpose of brutalizing some of the offenses I saw him using. However, I peaked the ladder with it so it must be good XD. Mold Breaker Deoxys-Defense is obviously meant to stack hazards from the lead while also stopping Shuckle and other opposing hazard leads. I then paired it with two cleaners that appreciate the presence of hazards on the field in Kartana and special RP Pdon. Rocks + a layer of Spikes allow RP Pdon to OHKO non invested Pogre so that's pretty neat. Alt lando is yet another mon that loves rocks being up and serves as an offensive check to Zygardes, Darkrai, etc and can frankly catch people off guard because they're never going to see a RP Lando coming. Manec Koko is a super wack mon that packs Taunt to keep my hazards up, switch in and check Pinsirite Pokemon and any variation of Kartana in one. Only problem is that it cannot touch Pdon and doesn't even have U-turn to pivot out on it. Last mon is ditto because Ditto makes HO in MnM miserable simple as that.

Geerat
Game 1: https://pokepast.es/ca008a9ec90a1026
Game 2: https://pokepast.es/de06344642c9cd39

This series was highly unfortunate.. I think I had a pretty good idea of what Geerat was going to do in bringing webs HO one game and some kind of Balance or BO the second game. But I didn't manage to bring my HO cteam on the proper game and instead got blitzed G1 which is too bad considering my Game 2 team would have likely obliterated any webs HO.

First team was built with my good pal Jrdn who came up with the idea of utilizing Sablenite Volcarona in combination with Terrakion. Simply put, Sablenite Volc walls Alt Zyg, any Kartana not named Pinsirite and Magearna also not named Pinsirite which are two Pokemon that give Terrakion a lot of trouble. It faces stiff competition on these fronts from Sablenite Moltres but its niche is three things. Being able to take on Alt Zyg without needing to run Will-O so you're free to run Toxic instead, taking on Mage far more effectively due to being able to tank all of Mage's coverage and being able to overwhelm Calm Mind Mages with Fiery Dance boosts of its own, and the lure factor it possesses as nobody is ever going to assume you are Sablenite Volcarona from the start. This team has some other neat elements in Venusaurite Buzzwole. A Buzzwole variant that can actually check every common Darkrai as thick fat Buzz can actually tank a +2 Red Orb Darkrai Incinerate from full. It also has Red Orb Zapdos which I think is a little too heat for this team and should probably be replaced and Weavile which is still good I swear... This team definitely needs some fixes and I may try to touch it up sometime in the future. I'd say a good start would be changing Volcarona to Sablenite Moltres, Taking Skarmory and Zapdos off, and working from there.

Second team is as I mentioned earlier, a webs cteam. Red Orb Darkrai with Taunt is an absolute nightmare to deal with if you are trying to pilot webs as it can lead against Shuckle, Taunt, and immediately pose a massive threat and can actually straight clean against some variants of webs. I tossed up taunt with Ice beam as well as Ice beam possesses greater overall cleaning power against HO due to being able to smash Zygarde at +2 but I went with taunt due to that brutal lead factor against Shuckle. Amphy Mew is another really weird Kartana check I came up with that sets Moldy Rocks of its own and once again, can lead against opposing hazard setters and Taunt. 3 attacks TR Mage is a neat mon that once again, gives webs hell with that specific coverage... that's basically the theme you're gonna see throughout this team, me basically saying "this mon gives webs hell" over and over because that's literally the thought process here. Cm Arceus-Ground catches pins mage and a lot of the normal checks for CM Groundy. The only issue is it can't touch Lando... which sucks. Alt Genesect is just general speed control and takes on Zygs very well and appreciates the potential Ho-oh lure that Thunder CM Groundceus can bring.

Phase 2: Terracotta, Eien

Terracotta
https://pokepast.es/2f88bdcee7cdd229

I had randomly built this webs prior to this game so it wasn't specifically prepped for Terra or anything, just a team I wanted to use and this was there and winning pretty much every test so I figured why not. The two unique elements of this team are Lucarionite Lele and Altarianite Synthesis Kartana so i'll speak on those two. Basically Taunt Luc Lele serves as a anti lead for opposing HO and is obscenely strong with Adaptability boosted attacks after CM. It works very well with Darkrai as the two wear down each other's checks and make room for the other to clean after initially weakening Mage and such. Altarianite Synthesis Kartana is a mon that not only checks Zygarde, it actually sets up on Luc Zyg and such. This mon can also serve as a neat lure for Terrakion, Mandibuzz, Giratina, Sablenite Buzzwole, etc. Only issue is it's quite slow to the point where I felt running Jolly was pointless and opted for the added power in Adamant. With that said, with AdamantnPixilate boosted return, this thing is criminally strong, hitting "resists" like pins mage for 82-95 at +2.

Eien
https://pokepast.es/c71f3b0bfadcf34f

This team was built around one of the filthiest offensive cores you could ever hope for in MNM in Luc Terrak and Meta Kart. The two are both incredibly strong physical breakers that punish each other's checks such as Terrakion catching Ho-oh, Zapdos, and Flying mons in general while Kartana is an excellent offensive Pixispeed check and is able to come in on Alt Zyg and threaten Arceus Fairy and other Altarianite users. From there I simply tried to back these two with a solid defensive backbone consisting of Red Orb Victini, Mandibuzz and Arceus-Ground. I felt Blue Orb Mage helped me against some of the more outlying breakers such as Red Orb Darkrai while also checking Entei and opposing Victinis. This team can really struggle vs unusual Diancite breakers such as Terrakion and Kartana, but those two aren't very common in the slightest and I still think it's a fairly solid Balance build even though it did struggle to handle the pressure of HO.

Semifinals: Chloe
https://pokepast.es/9b388eb9747a19a9

This game made me sad. Despite that outlying fact, this team was built around the core of Zygarde and Lati Toxapex. I originally wanted to use Luc Zyg but I think Alt pairs very well with Toxapex as well as Toxapex is able to take on a lot of the mons that annoy Zygarde such as Alt Entei, Arceus-Ground, Arceus-Fairy, Manec Mew (provided it doesn't care Psychic), Alt Lando, Weavile, Buzzwole, etc. I added Manectite hp fire Manec Mage to check Kartana, Darkrai, Tapu Lele, and Alt Zyg which are all mons that give my previous two problems. I really hate Lando so I added Sabledos to completely wall out Sala Lando from getting its hazards. Defensive Primal Groudon was added to patch up the Magearna weakness and give me some semblance of a switch in for Blue Orbers. Pins Coba was added because again, I hate Lando and because I think it has a neat niche in a Taunt Swords Dance cleaner that also has great bulk and a ton of useful resists in general. Once again, I was harassed by a barrage of offense which always makes piloting balance difficult. However, despite all that, I think the team did admirably for not having a decent Terrakion switch in etc. If I were to go about changing it, I would probably take off the Zapdos and work at slotting in a Pokemon that isn't quite as awkward in that role since Zapdos seems to be very unwieldy right now.

Finals: Eien

I'm sorry but this is Geerat's webs HO team so while Stresh and I both helped build it alongside him, I won't be providing it here without his permission. What I will say is this, this team is incredibly potent in the current MnM metagame and seems to win every time it is used by a competent player. It does struggle against Ditto, the signature bane of Webs's existence, but this is likely the most generally consistent Webs i've seen in a while. I'd recommend asking Geerat for the import if you want to try out this playstyle in the near future.
That's all from me, was really looking forward to this tournament and it was a good time. Glad that OM's have developed such a consistent schedule for nice tours to participate in. Wanna thank Catalystic and Jrdn for helping me out throughout the tour when I really needed some additional input thanks so much for that. Wanna individually thank EternalSnowman and Highlord for helping me with ideas and looking over my builds and testing an stuff, you guys were super helpful. Thank you to In The Hills and xavgb for talking through some ideas and helping me test as well as Sylveon. for being a homie and letting me use your team. Thanks to Chloe for testing with me and being awesome as always. S/o to TheCoastsOfToast and GL Volkner for giving a few of my teams nicknames as well that's always a fun time. Lastly, wanna thank Megazard for hosting you did a great job and dealt with a lot of questions/complaints about a new format and all the ins and outs of this tour etc so thanks for hanging in there.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
hey i had a ton of fun playing/building aaa for this tour so figured id make a post going over the teams i used as well as other builds/sets i wanted to use/that i think are cool.

for my first game i was getting back into the tier after not playing seriously for a while, so i wanted to see what had changed/what trends i could maybe try to take advantage of. off the bat, snaq didnt really have any replays or much to go off of in terms of what he likes/has a tendency to use so i decided to just go with a build centered around taking advantage of standard balance teams since thats what i figured would be most comfortable for someone playing this tier. i started w/ the idea of using zydog here since post-zygarde ban people may tend to get a bit lazy w/r/t ground resists and figure that smth like a levi-pex or skarm/steela would be enough since there wasnt rlly anything major spamming tarrows. adapt cb was the obvious set choice here, and then i just built around pivots that could get it in, as well as ways to break down its switchins. pex was the main way i figured i could do this, as tspikes messed w/ any grass types/bug types like a bulu/buzz that would want to switch in on tarrows. the next two mons were the pivots, rachi/mandi. rachi gave me rocks, as well as a solid steel type w/ access to regen, while mandi got me hazard control as well as a solid pivot into psychic/ground types. pod was added as a mon that could take advantage of zydog busting through a build in the midgame, as it just requires chip on some mons in order to sweep. koko was the last mon on the team because i was looking for some speed control, and i figured a scarf pixi koko is as good as you can get for this team, as it provides another pivot as well as another triage check for buzz.​
now in terms of the game itself, this was a weird way to start since snaq caught me off guard right away w/ the team choice and then by getting rid of my water resist t2 via a tinted lens volcanion that did over 80 to a pex. from there i basically had to work my way out of it, and once he reveled it was va steela it became a lot harder to see my exact win condition. once i was able to get rocks up however, i realized that if i force in steela w/ my z water pod post-psysurge i may have a shot w/ koko late game since he didnt really have anything faster. him sacking kingler t13 was also a huge relief, as well as letting me weaken the steela the next turn as it gave me a fairly easy path from there w/ koko and rachi pivoting into it.​

now w/ sabella i knew right from the get go what type of team/mons he would use as i built quite a bit for him in his previous aaa tours. i knew he had a fondness for one mon in particular, snorlax, so i decided to go w/ a team that could mess w/ a build that relied on snorlax as the sweeper/attack sponge. this led me to the hazard core of skarm/rhyp, both of which switch in and set up on lax. i chose a teravolt skarm here bc i hate playing against magic bounce and it lets me spike up vs mons like zap/steela. rhyp was chosen bc it has crazy bulk, as well being able to run regen here in order to be a better pivot throughout the game. sd was picked as a last move in order to give me an out vs a last-mon lax as that would be able to muscle past ww-skarm as well as the rest of the team. from there i wanted hazard removal, but defog was out of the question w/ skarm so i decided to use an old oras set i loved in regen tenta. it gave me spin as well as knock off, so that i could further push a longer-hazard centered game that i would be able to come out on top w/ the next mon. triage celebi is one of my favorite mons to use in aaa, as it catches people by surprise since the other 99% of triage users are all physical. metronome was chosen as the item of choice here as celebi ends up spamming giga most lategames that z-ground/grass really wouldnt do it much justice w/r/t the role i wanted it to serve on this team. tran was added as a secondary volc check, as well as a mag. pull user to bring in and beat steela/skarm/ferro etc. weav was the last mon added on the team, and i put scarf on bc it helped me outspeed and check mega-zam which would get in the way of me abusing triage w/ celebi.​
once team preview went up i realized that i basically had the perfect mu i wanted, as i had answers for most of his mons, and zap as his removal meant i would be able to keep rocks up throughout the game. deso-tran was a bit worrying if he was timid and we had a tie, would require some weird maneuvering if he won that, but once it died he pretty much lost his only shot @ winning the game as i was able to get up hazards -> wear down and trap zap -> get up hazards again and eventually win w/ the combo of skarm and celebi.​

for this game i noticed that mark had gone w/ two fatter skewed teams for his phase 1 games so i wanted to bring out lax for this game. i felt lax w/ the right support would be able to switch in -> facade a wall -> pivot out -> repeat. in terms of support for this i added a regen-doub bc i feel its pretty splashable for a fatter-skewed team in terms of all the things it brings to the table. skarm was also added next as a way to pressure some teams w/ access to spikes. i went w/ intim here bc i was more afraid of a cb weav for this game esp w/ the core i finished w/ which is why i went with it over teravolt. also helps me better pivot into certain triage mons in case doub gets knocked/is weakened, and w/ bb its able to threaten out all of the common triage mons. gligar was added as the second part of the hazard duo, and i added it as a tini check as well as a easy mon to pivot into for getting lax in safely. tenta was added as the hazard control for this team since lax hates taking spikes, and i decided to go w/ haze on this version bc i didnt feel tspikes were as necessary for this build and the added ability to haze smth like a fini/volc sounded better than the benefits of tspikes. scarf weav once again rounded out this team as just amazing speed control for this meta, as well as giving me pursuit support for defoggers/spinners/etc.​
got kind of caught off guard w/ this game again as mark brought some mons that i hadnt rlly seen before in aaa, namely venu/donphan so i was a little curious as to what they would be doing here. he managed to quickly catch me off guard w/ a magic bounce skarm into a block corrosion venu on my tenta early so i would have to play extra cautiously since i lost access to my hazard control fairly early on. curse skarm also further blocked my lax from doing anything early this game, and i wasnt able to break w/ it as well as i had planned. however i was eventually able to get rocks up w/ my gligar and set up my doublade on the venu (i guess he forgot he lost corrosion on mega), and since doub was able to power through the skarm w/ sacred sword i got myself in a fairly good position. the only worrying part came when the weav came in and sd'd up into a galvanize return on my own skarm, and if i didnt have my own scarf foul play weav i would be in a lot of trouble. but since i had that i was able to kill it, and eventually just clean the rest of his team w/ doublade.​

this was the game i had the most trouble preparing for as i was thinking that sylveon would try to counterstyle me in some way, which led me to try to build smth different than what i had brought before. i started this build around cb lando bc its damage output is crazy just by spamming return, being able to 2hko/ohko a large majority of the metagame, including offensive steels. i put lucario on the team next as it does a good job of partnering w/ lando in terms of what checks both of them, and can take advantage of the ways ppl are forced to play around cb lando. i went w/ aerialate here as well bc it gets around the fast mons i needed it to, mainly blace/weav/tini which a lot of other -ate types would leave me open to. for my defensive core i turned towards tran/pex both of which i felt complimented each other in their roles. prankster pex keeping things like volcarona/magearna/fighting types in check, while tran handled ground types as well as being able to get up rocks. the team finished w/ koko and weav, koko being the scarfer here as good speed control, as well as emergency hazard removal if needed. cb weav was added as another nuke similar to cb lando, just a bit faster and w/ just as much power to force switchs just due to how power the knock offs from it are.​
ill start off by saying i played this game pretty sloppy, and overall i just wasnt as happy w/ the prep and team i had made so i was in a bad mindstate going into this game. early on i lose my tran which would have been a great pivot vs his gligar as it was non-ff and i had levitate. from there i didnt really go that aggresive, even though i really needed to as my matchup wasnt that great unless i went aggro w/ my lando weav early. not being able to remove rocks also made the game a lot harder for myself, as i was forced to take rocks chip w/ probably my best breaker in cb weav making me less willing to pull doubles/switch into it out of fear of my opponent attacking into it. cb lando getting walled by gligar and taking a lot of toxic damage also eventually opened me up for the end game i reached, where i just lost to the combo of thund/buzz since there was nothing much i could really do w/ the board position i had made for myself. i also really didnt manage my sacks well this game, and overall there were a lot of regrets that i was hoping to make right w/ the tiebreak game that never got played.​

at this point i had tested just about every aaa team i built/used vs jrdn so i felt we both had a good idea of what each of us liked to use. i decided to just start w/ a mon that would take advantage of his love for defensive water types, as a majority of his teams had av mana/fini so this is where desotran came into play. desotran has just about no switch ins, and is able to switch in on just about every water type in the tier and scare them out w/ solarbeam. i put on a hazard duo i liked using next, with ff ferro being able to handle fire types that desotran allows in like tini, and regenhelm lando is able to handle fighting types the core is weak to, namely buzzwole. i decided to just go all out w/ the balance breakers at this point, and added on a cb pixi koko and mega-medi w/magpull that can work together to beat common checks for each other. weav was the speed control of choice here as i couldnt throw on scarf koko, and weav had become the scarfed and speed control i knew i could rely on at this point.​
now w/ this game i was a little worried about how i would be able to break his team, as off of preview he had checks to just about every mon on my team, and with what looked to be a magic bounce steela i would have a very tough time getting up my hazards since both land and ferro lost to it. he caught me really off guard w/ the block steela but i realized that he had no way to touch ferro and once i scouted that in fact it was magic bounce i just chipped it down w/ knock off as he really didnt want to switch anything into the ferro. at first i thought he would scout out the hp flying potential on lando (since i had shown it to him before, or at least thought i did), but once he eq'd the lando i realized that my hp flying was free and i was able to get rid of it right there. from there i had rocks up, and once i was able to get tran in on his pex i could force kills, and the only thing that would be able to stop me is if he was able to set up zard w/o having to mega. luckily i had koko to stop that, and once that happened i was able to win w/ tran and lando.​

now vs sabella the second time around i wasnt as confident w/r/t my team selection and what he would use compared to the first time around, as he had picked up a lot of wins after and was getting a lot of support. i decided in the end just go build a mon i felt was underrated in the meta, and that was ph cune. its something i hadnt seen in a while, and i felt w/ the right support could be deadly. in terms of the right support, ferro was the mon i felt would give it the most support bc you gain access to spikes in order to take advantage of roar to its full capabilities. va tran was the next mon i put on the team to round out my fwg core, as well as give me a solid rocker as well as an elec immune since teams w/o them tend to have issues w/ quite a few mons. this noiv was something ive been wanting to use for a while, and its a great mon that forces a lot of switches, and can get chunks off big walls w/ super fang. tect-lefties lets it bypass weav, which i think is one of the biggest weaknesses specs noiv has to deal with at the moment. goli was added bc it synergizes well w/ cune, and is able to either break early for cune or clean up late game once cune has chipped down all of the checks. scarf weav was once again added because its the best speed control in the tier, and helped me w/ a pursuit mon just incase something like blacepheon started going crazy.​
now w/ the final game vs sabella i was fairly happy w/ the matchup i saw at team preview as i thought the combo of cune + noiv would be great, and it didnt look like he had any way to stop my rocks from going up. he caught me off guard w/ a magic bounce ferro, that i probably should have seen coming as he had av mana for fire types already. i made a pretty big slip up w/ not tecting vs the hippo and letting cune get roar'd w/ spikes and rocks up and no pheal activated. since all the hazards were up i had to let go of my pod early, but it also let me grab my pheal a few turns later safely vs the manaphy w/ knock off. from there i was basically able to get around his koko w/ tect cune+va tran, and forcing damage w/ my noivern vs his ferro/mana. turn 34 basically decided the game, as i was able to okho the talonflame w/ foul play right there. if he had switched out and gone manaphy, the game would have come to a 50/50 at a later point where it would be boomburst or tect vs a brave bird or sd. however i did catch him off guard w/ the foulplay, which resulted in a pretty easy win with noivern and cune.​
originally i was planning on going over a lot of other sets/teams that i built/planned on using over the course of this tournament, but this post is already super long and i cant really put off studying for my finals that much longer. i will share the team i planned on using if we faced oceania in the finals, as i noticed they didnt really have an aaa player and could get away w/ something a bit more fun vs them.

this is a pretty simple hyper offense build that i really wanted to use w/ the tini set as it was something i saw someone else post about/use and it was a mon ive always enjoyed using. tera lando + mb koko were chosen as the dedicated leads since they are great at getting up sr + screens, and i really disliked the hail chip and inability to use other abilities that came w/ using a mon like veil mew. the rest of the team is pretty simple and just supports each other for one of them to sweep in the late game, w/ doub providing role compression in a steel/lax check/as well as emergency button with prankster dbond.​
overall i was super happy w/ the record i got, though i obviously would have loved the clean sweep. s/o to Jrdn GL Volkner and Eternally for testing a lot w/ me.

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Team Dump!!!

phase 1:

vs Skarph:

g1: https://pokepast.es/7a703b317f8cf3db (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-825934712

I wanted to cteam standard HO and zygarde + poisonceus balance so i thought ditto + mixed pogre + rp don core would work really well. I chose mixed pogre bcz he usually relies on pdon to check pogre and rarely uses ferrothorn. rp don beats defensive zygarde and yveltal which he also uses very often. I added scarf ray and steelceus because theyre my favourite pokemons to use and waterceus is my go-to defensive arceus forme. really standard build and MU was also slightly in my favour so i managed to win.

g2: https://pokepast.es/4ba51b4626dc4990 (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-825939401

next I wanted to use some ddance zygarde + gengar BO so i decided to steal Catalystic 's goat coil ddance zygarde which he used in OMPL. I choked multiple times in the game but it worked out, accidentally clicked fleur cannon on turn 32 and ohkod his zygarde which won me the game. overall really fun and clean series.

vs Paycard:

g1: https://pokepast.es/7a703b317f8cf3db (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-829438645

I reused my vs skarph g1 team because paycard literally never runs pdon or pogre checks. I thought I won with steelceus when i managed to chip his rayquaza but cm + id darkceus was very scary. RP don + Ditto cleaned the rest of the team. I got lucky with the unfortunate crit on xerneas but im pretty sure id have won regardless.

g2: https://pokepast.es/ae1a8b9af068ecf1 (L)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-829444441

Another very standard team but with the best pokemon to make appearance in an OMWC AG match. I used magnezone because of how often he used dusk mane, ferrothorn, skarmory and steelceus. darkceus and poisonceus is the best arceus core in AG and I had offensive pdon because he usually didnt run pdon checks as i mentioned before. Pretty intense match till the end. Managed to choke 2 times in 2 turns. definitely wouldve won this if i played with a brain but who can i blame :(

g3: https://pokepast.es/861cc69baa7fcfb3 (L)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-829449220

basically brought a team that loses to nothing except CM Groundceus BO. I tried to ct his usual builds but he got me with the cm groundy. Couldve fished for freezes with ditto but that wouldve been a bad thing to do.

prepping for 2 top 5 players in 1 week was very hard but I definitely had fun in both the series.

phase 2:

this phase i got 2 players who i had never seen play AG. In all of their replays they used something new and different so I knew I had to rely on my solid squads than trying to cteam or prep.

vs Mysterious M:

g1: https://pokepast.es/bcac18c390f6184b (L)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-832454634

I got this team from HunterStorm and I thought this would be able to beat standard balance / HO which i was expecting MM to use. I'd say it was a pretty even matchup for both. Fast Xern and grassceus got me towards the end but it was an intense match throughout.

g2: https://pokepast.es/7510bf89e64cdb3d (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-832459037

Next I used my undefeated Tailwind Lunala HO which is no doubt one of the most solid teams in my builder. I was prepared for scarf Xern and Gar balance so it wasnt the hardest MU. Lunala got some crucial kills in the midgame and Xern swept the remaining team.

g3: https://pokepast.es/72a608c2a193ff8d (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-832464368

This team I got from GarbodorIsHot during AGLT. Wisp Fairy HO on Ghostceus HO looked very cool to me and I thought this would be perfect to use in g3. I initially thought he would be prepared for balance this time since I used HO both games. I kinda choked towards the end but i got lucky with not getting para'd.

vs Neomon:

g1: https://pokepast.es/7510bf89e64cdb3d (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-833876112

I used my Tailwind Lunala HO again because it just didnt seem to lose at all. I think i had a pretty ok matchup at preview. Steelceus looked like my wincon and it did get 2 important kills to make way for Xern to sweep. Honestly not much to say here because I probably shouldnt have won this but who can we blame :shrug:

g2: https://pokepast.es/cd41f206f1502aef (w)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-833878536

Sample teams are the best teams you can use in a tour especially if esteemed Room Owner Pigeons has built it. I wanted a Spout POgre + BU Marsh HO and this one looked very obvious. Kinda won on preview but shoutout to Zenithial for almost revealing my team turn 1 and making it harder for me to win <__________<

tiebreaker:

vs Skarph:

g1: https://pokepast.es/b3d9f5bb4ae9c1f3 (L)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-825482174

I was really excited to use this team for whatever reason. I built this around midnight and i thought it was super cool. Id say it was a very standard BO with Gar + BU Marsh and CM Darkceus and POgre to take advantage from gar + marsh core. I was pretty confused when i saw dug on preview bcz I usually dont run stuff that dug traps but marsh MU was terrible and Ice beam freeze lost me the match.

g2: https://pokepast.es/cd9442dee3b04226 (L)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-825485060

Another very cool team idea of DD Pursuit TTar with Xerneas but Chansey + Skarm MU was almost autowin for him. I definitely thought I had a chance to win but Scarf Ray cleaned after spikes chip on TTar.
Unfortunate series for me but Skarph definitely outprepped me both games, especially g2, and he definitely deserved to win this.

3-2 is a pretty yuck record. Definitely couldve won both the games i lost if i played smarter but you cant really win everytime rightt?
Huge thanks to my managers Sylveon. and The Immortal for picking me and trusting me with all the AG games. Shout to DEG , Baleblaze , Arifeen , Dj Breloominati♬ and Chessking345 for being awesome teammates. Shoutout to all my AG friends - Zenithial , GarbodorIsHot , BaconEatinAssassin , Pigeons , cromagnet42 , Catalystic , Fardin and others for helping me with teams and prep. Special shoutout to bdov for cheering for me in all my games and supporting me throughout the tour and ofcourse Megazard for hosting.

We'll be back stronger next year.
ASIA STRONG

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sand Rush
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Diamond Storm
- Spectral Thief

Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Endeavor
- Baton Pass
- Extreme Speed
- Pursuit

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

I knew that Flint likes to play offensively so I decided to try to out-offense him, and it worked. I'm coming to respect Rhydon more and more, and playing with it this game was a big help to that. Most of the other sets are standard; I needed an improof to my tyranitar set that didn't lose momentum, so I went for Goggles Shedinja which was an extremely good choice. Though it never actually was used, I went for Sand Rush Mega Gengar to get the jump on other Mega Gengar, Mega Mewtwos, and Zygarde-C. The Banded Tyranitar set puts out a lot of damage, and serves as my improof to Shedinja and Mega Gengar.

Kartana @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Bolt Strike
- High Horsepower
- Ice Hammer

Stakataka @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock
- Core Enforcer

Xerneas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Spikes
- Moonblast
- Purify

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Steelix-Mega @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up

Giratina @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 116 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Poison Fang

Mamp is a stall user, and I expected him to bring it, which is why I brought a team full of stallbreakers. The team is heavily imposterproof; the only mon that imposter can really use to its advantage is Giratina. I knew that he would bring heavy entry hazard control, so I brought Mold Breaker Xerneas. This pressures both Defog Adino and Defog Giratina with Moonblast because they don't want to spend so much PP recovering after switching into hazards. Similarly, Stakataka is my Stealth Rock setter and also improofs my Kartana set. With a powerful stab Anchor Shot it dissuades Fairy-types from staying in, ensuring that most other Poison Heal users, like Regigigas, can be Core Enforcered. (It loses to Mega Mewtwo X; in fact the whole team does, but that's something we have to deal with).
The team isn't totally dead weight against offense though it does struggle doing meaningful damage back. AV Giratina can live a lot of hits you wouldn't expect, such as any attack from Sheer Force MMY, and retaliate back strongly. The -ate switchin is Soundproof Mega Steelix, which easily takes anything from -ate users, including Zekrom, and can Z -Parting Shot to restore Kartana's health. Yveltal functions as a switchin to Shell Smash sweepers, and can also scout Choice-lock moves with Baneful Bunker. It also knocks off toxic orbs so that their users can be purified.
The team's wallbreaker is a specially made Kartana set designed to catch most walls on Stall teams on switchin. The secret is Tough Claws + Expert Belt which really cranks up damage. Sunsteel into HH beats Ground-vulnerable Steels including Registeel. Bolt Strike handles Celesteela, Ho-Oh and Kyogre-P. Ice Hammer takes care of Zygarde-C and Giratina after a bit of chip. Unfortunately, during the game, this set was stymied by Volt Absorb Celesteela, which really helped to skew the matchup in his favor after I discovered it.

Shoutouts
To my team captains, who kept the team spirit up!
To my opponents who taught me the efficacy of preparation, and helped me move on from the ladder
To those people who played test games against me on the ladder (You don't know who you are)

Stage 1 Game 1: vs Morogrim

I didn't think Moro brings dark types commonly and so I brought Prank NDM which can work pretty well. Game was a little bad cuz Scald burns but NDM kinda won as long as it can set up safely w/o getting burned.

Stage 1 Game 2: vs Jasprose

Brought the same team again cuz why not. Found out that Regi is a poor Specs Ray switch-in. Pretty fun game, FC tina was super unexpected.

Stage 2 Game 1: vs Aethernum

Brought a team with Unaware Blob in case of Smash and Contrary Spam, ended up relying on an imposter speed tie due to severe misplays. Luckily I won it.

Stage 2 Game 2: vs Tzop

IDK why or how I made this team but its pretty cool. I think I built around TC MMX which can beat Bro. Overall game was ok apart from Mawile.

Tiebreak vs SL42

Thought I might as well bring heat mons since I'm playing sl. Hoopa-U smashes everything if it can hit. Misplayed during the game with Cress although Necrozma was just super scary. Fun game.

Shoutouts to my teammates Sylveon., The Immortal, DEG, Baleblaze, Arifeen, Dj Breloominati♬ and Arushi for being supportive and making this such a fun experience. Shoutouts to all my opponents for the fun (and sometimes haxy) games: morogrim, jasprose, Aethernum, tzop, Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request). And shoutouts to Willdbeast for helping me with teams and testing as well as Megazard for hosting this.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
eh i guess i'll share my teams even though i didnt have nearly as much time as i wouldve liked to prep this tour
Going into this tour I 100% knew I wanted to draft skysolo as he's an incredibly solid player and had already had experience using my builds in mnm ssnl, and he did not disappoint at all. Even though I didn't get to play any mnm it was nice seeing my teams go undefeated so I guess it worked out
MnM
skysolo vs Chazm-W

493MS.png383PMS.png630MS.png794MS.png639MS.png244MS.png
I know skysolo already posted these first two teams, but I thought it would be good to go into detail with my team building process with them. So when prepping for Chazm, I originally wanted to just straight cteam his Mage playstyle with the Red Orb Zapdos set I had made earlier that week, but the idea ended up getting scrapped when the team struggled to finish off the team without being majorly weak to other Chazm favorites. After some testing, we decided that Pinsirite Terrakion was a good starting point for this team (even though it did nothing in the actual game rip). So once we decided on Pins Rak, I had already had the skeleton of a Pins Rak team in my teambuilder, and after a few tweaks, this team was formed. Pdon was a must have as Chazm loves Pogre Mage cores, and from there I made sure to cover other meta threats such as Lunala with Mandibuzz. I decided to use Aggronite Buzzwole as i figured that Chazm would 100% expect Sablenite Buzzwole as it's one of my favorites and at the time he said Aggro Buzz was dead, which ended up working out very well as Buzzwole was able to beat Kartana lategame. Overall the team is p solid, but is somewhat weak against LandoT and Ho-Oh, which both can do a number on the team.

skysolo vs Chloe-W
798MS.png748MS.png645TMS.png807MS.png493MS.png227MS.png
For Chloe, I immediately knew that I wanted to use Adamant Kartana against her, as I had just seen her lose in SSNL to Kartana, and for the fact that her normal Kartana prep is only Ho-Oh. To cover Ho-Oh, I next went with Blue Orb Skarmory, as it's the best Ho-Oh switchin in the tier. After that, I decided to just use more recent threats such as an -ate core of Zeraora and Landorus-T to exploit Chloe's lack of activity over the past few months. What I didn't expect though was CM Arceus-Ground, which was originally Arceus-Fairy, to put in as much work as it did, as Chloe typically has decent prep for it. This game turned out very well for us though I wish I could've seen Kartana rip a hole in that team but Groundceus got there first

The Immortal vs terracotta zygod-W
798MS.png639MS.png383PMS.png630MS.png493MS.png244MS.png
So honestly I'm still not sure if TI was meming on me when he asked me to teach him mnm in the OM cord, but I had a lot of fun testing with him anyways. This team is pretty similar to the first one, except it abuses the incredibly potent core of Kartana+Terrakion. The rest of the team structure is pretty similar, except I used Calm Mind Arceus-Fairy instead of Arceus-Ground as the opposing Terrakion and Zygarde matchup was less than favorable. This is probably the only mnm team from the tour that I felt that I put enough effort into with my busy schedule, and it showed when TI pulled off a win against terra

Also had a kinda meme team featuring Bright Powder Ho-Oh that I had passed geerat for g3 against Andy but luckily that team wasn't needed (you can see it in action in geerat and volt's series from mnm ssnl but I refuse to post that evil team anywhere)

Anyways, I did also find a ton of enjoyment building for STAB this tour, and I'm glad that I got to even play a game for it due to some scheduling circumstances. STAB is a super fun tier and I recommend anyone who hasn't to try it out (It's no Camo but I guess it's fun)
STABmons
Paleo vs Cam-L

208MMS.png658AMS.png788MS.png645TMS.png479LMS.png248MS.png
The only loss of these teams RIP. So this first team honestly wasn't the best as I hadn't really gotten the hang of STAB at all yet, and I feel that kinda showed in the game when the team heavily struggled to break Cam's Celesteela+Pex core. I started this team just from looking at the VR and wanting to use Steelix-Mega, as it was a solid check to two of the top threats-Thundurus and Aerodactyl. After that I went with Specs Greninja, but looking back it was probably a mistake to not go with Nasty Plot, but oh well. Tapu Fini was the defogger of the team, and I had Calm Mind on it to have a better matchup against bulk (see how well that turned out lol). The rest of the team was made around covering other sets I thought were important from the VR such as Zygarde and Yanmega. My main regret with this team is not testing out more as I didn't really have a good enough grasp on STAB at the time to build a fully functional team.

Me vs tigertomd-W
452MS.png479OMS.png334MMS.png752MS.png142MS.png598MS.png
On to the only team that I used lol... so originally I was in no way planning on playing this game, but due to a scheduling mistake that I wasn't aware of I had to play the game without having time to even think about what I was using. This team wasn't designed to be used in a tour game and it was just something I had been using when testing against Leru, but I chose it anyways because it was still pretty solid and I was comfortable using it. The team started with Coil Power Trip Drapion because I had seen someone (I think Mark K) talking about it one day and I wanted to try it out. So Drapion's biggest weakness was Grounds, so I went with Rotom-H and Araquanid to cover ground types effectively and apply some pressure to other common threats in the tier. I then went with Mega Altaria because I wanted to try -ate Rapid Spin and Boomburst. I finished the team off with CB Aero because it was good speed control and a solid breaker, and Ferrothorn because I still needed a rocker and was kinda weak to a lot of mons that Ferrothorn covered well. While the game was kinda full of hax on both sides (more from me but) I had a lot of fun using this team in tests and the game

Paleo vs Funbot-W
479WMS.png639MS.png797MS.png700MS.png018MMS.png537MS.png
This is definitely my favorite STAB team that I built this tour(despite accidentally running fire coverage on three mons), because the core of Pidgeot-Mega+Terrakion has such potent breaking power and is really cool in general. After starting with that core I went with Nidoqueen as my rocker and opposing Terrakion check, but later on I changed it to Seismitoad because I was a lot weaker to Rotom-Wash than Terrakion. After that I still felt weak to Flying and Ground types, so I went with two of the best defensive mons in the tier: Celesteela and Rotom-Wash. I ended the team off with Sylveon because I wanted a good cleric, and Sylveon is literally so good in this tier. Overall the team relies pretty heavily on Mega Pidgeot and Terrakion to apply offensive pressure while having a really strong defensive backbone to cover them both. Oh and if you haven't watched the game yet I HIGHLY recommend you do bc it was one of the better games of WCoOMs.

I had a ton of fun this World Cup between my first time managing something and always building a ton of teams on my free time, and I can't wait for next year's honestly (if I'm still around). But yeah that's all I've got see you guys for the next tour probably :)

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
OK time to post shoutouts

quick shoutout to zard for hosting, really smooth hosting and thanks for responding to everything promptly

drampa's grandpa It was a blast managing with you. Everything went pretty smooth and you were absolutely amazing at STAB support. You kinda downplayed how much you did in your shoutout; you really did a ton of work. we meshed together really nicely and you were totally right; you're the only one who can get betathunder to play LMAO

mrays gang:
Betathunder You were a fucking savage this tour oml. im glad we picked you up and you were active as fuck especially after being kinda dead during ompl. i really hope STAB gets added back in ompl so you can ravage the competition there too. Really looking forward to playing you in Mono STAB for mwp
Sabella man you truly are a phenomenal player. I'm really glad you started enjoying building AAA this tour, and although the finals game didnt go your way, you still ended up with a combined 9-3 record these last two tours. You're so good at just finessing a win out of nowhere, and I really hope retains get added to OMPL so I can get you again. Can't wait to see you dominate this field for mwp in mono AAA
morogrim second team tour together in a row and i hope ive gotten better at helping you with BH prep. I'm really starting to enjoy BH now and im still laddering occasionally. You're a blast to have around and you're a phenomenal player. awesome stuff this tour. also you'll get luckier with scald next time lmao

Andyboy I didn't really know you before this tour but you have a really fantastic insight into this metagame and you're really one of the best mnm players around. You clutched it out when it mattered and i cant wait to watch your games when OMPL rolls around

Highlord you're actually a really solid player, which is why i really wish you had a gotten a chance to play. you play more than half of the metas listed at a high level, and you were our ace in the sleeve. I just wish we had a chance to put you in. I'm sure you're gonna do amazing in the ubers and mnm tours to come, and I'm sure andy appreciated being able to bounce ideas off of you so much

Paycard paymilas. you're one of the best players around and as soon as i found out you were NE i knew we had ag on lock. that series vs bacon was a rollercoaster man, u nearly gave me a heart attack there.

TDA OMG I SWEAR I WROTE THIS ONE OUT i got hacked by russians

you're a beast at 1v1 and i knew that ever since deg mentioned it back to me in OMPL. I'm really glad I picked you up, I knew you were northeast cause i mildly followed 1v1world cup. I'm really glad i picked you up and I learned a ton of 1v1 calling with you in semis. Hope you found me helpful

EternalSnowman wish i had gotten to know you better too, appreciate u being there on call for aaa even if sabella ended up being mostly self-sufficient. its rare to find someone who plays like 4 metas, so glad you were around and hope to see you around OMs more

Catalystic goat. you were basically a member of the team and you provided SO much support during semis and finals in like 4 metas. i remember i tried to snag you at the beginning of the tour but alas. hope i get to officially team with you in future tours.

Sylveon. wish you hadnt drawn sabella as your week 1 mwp opp, because you were rly helpful in mnm and i wish you could have helped in AAA. You're a fantastic OM player and i'm terrified of going up against you

Jrdn thx for the stabmons teams and really wish we had gotten to play canada at some point, but unfortunately we ended up on opposite divisions and then opposite sides for semis. hmu if u need math help again too

Freddy Kyogre yo you're heat and we appreciate your help during finals, also we gotta call more often

DEG more of a personal shoutout than a team shoutout, but DEG really got me into managing in OMs in OMPL and i wouldn't have signed up for OMWC if i hadnt had such a blast helping you in OMPL. mega rays are winning for sure next year.

Last edited:

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a team dump post, but I thought I'd give a couple s/o's to the ppl that helped out:

The managers:

sed this wasn't our first tour together, and hopefully it won't be the last. This tour's been a blast, and if there's any indication from the past, I think the future looks good (couldn't find anything that rhymes with -ast here rip). In all seriousness though thanks a lot for testing those teams with me even though it may have been difficult for you, I appreciate it.

drampa's grandpa I believe this was our first tour together, but it's been great! I honestly didn't even know you were from US NE tbh LOL. Keep it up, hopefully we'll be teammates again in the future.

My teammates:

Sabella top notch performance as always, great job fren. Definitely a great player, and a great person to go with it. I was pretty impressed with some of your matches where you turned what seemed like losses into wins, great job!

Betathunder another Mray teammate and an incredible player. Grats on having the best w/l ratio this tour buddy, you def deserved it. Looking forward to that STABmons episode coming up, and to another great OMPL!

Andyboy Even though this was our first time being in a team together, I still knew you a bit from before. You definitely put on a great performance this tour, and I know that this is something you can only get better at in the future. You kinda remind me of myself when I started playing BH, and I know from my own experience that you'll only get better with each tour.

Highlord Paycard EternalSnowman TDA I honestly sound like a broken record by now, but I couldn't have asked for better teammates. Even though we may have not interacted with each other that much, I still appreciate all of you. It was a pleasure having you guys in the team, and I hope we could get to know each other better in the future.

The team helpers:

Catalystic Thanks for all the support during semis and the finals man. You helped more than half of our metas, and even though BH wasn't one of them, I still appreciate you! Your support definitely had a positive impact on the outcome, and I'm happy you decided to help our team. Who knows, maybe we'll be actual teammates in OMPL.

Jrdn Another great friend and definitely a positive influence on the team. Thanks for your help man, we should get back to playing BH together soon LOL

Sylveon. One of the best AAA players of all time imo, thank you for all your help. I had the privilege of getting to know you before this tour, and hopefully we could do another AAA vid together sometime soon.

Freddy Kyogre I'm honestly not much of a 1v1 player, but after getting to know you better on that call I might decide to try it out at some point. Thanks for the help, I might PM you at some point with some 1v1 questions too.

DEG You know what to do for OMPL :)

Last but not least, Willdbeast thanks for testing some my teams with me. I gained a lot of insight from those, and you deserve more credit than just this s/o post. We should build some BH teams together sometime!

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Hi so this was quite a fun tournament (even though I finna be asking for OM WCoP for like 10 yrs smh.....). I liked how each different region within the OM community were able to distinguish themselves which comes to show how big we have grown after so many years which I am really happy about. Team Canada went quite strong throughout the majority of the tournament, as we were able to keep our 1rst seed throughout the entire run up until semis through our various dominant games. I had a great time interacting with all of my teammates and genuinely enjoyed prepping for all my games (even though I couldn't keep that 5-0 score :sadface:). Lets dive into the squads shall we:

Week 1: vs Tigeromd (win)

So starting things off I was not expecting too much out of the ordinary from tiger as I mostly seen himuse standard builds on the ladder and room tour games. Jrdn fortunately whipped me up this Sand offense squad which is quite strong vs a lot of teams in current meta besides rain and stall teams. Exca is an absolute beast under sand as it can beat down most common offensive mons such as Thundurus, Mega Altaria, Heatran, and even Rotom-W and Lando-T at +2 with a Z-Move. Gravity Lando is also a busted set which paired greatly with Exca to break down its counters more reliably like Celesteela and Rotom-W. Tiger had brought rain which had really scared me at first, but after a couple of optimal plays and certain missplays from his behalf imo (no shade), I was able to clutch a win mainly thanks to Ttar's great luring capabilities and Mega Altaria's fatness.

Week 1: vs Official Fissure (win)

To keep up with the weather theme, I went with rain for my second round 1 match vs fellow council member fissure due to it being an absolute busted playstyle thanks to the likes of Ash-Greninja and Thundurus-T (or even vanilla tbh) being beats under the rain. I also specifically chose rain as I expected some sort of offensive team from Fissure which rain usually is able to prey on. Team is pretty self-explanatory from the looks of it, although Thundy-T is a mon that should be explored more even outside of rain imo as it proves to actually be a great check to its broken forme esp with a Scarf. Game actually came pretty down to the wire due to the immense threat of Mega Pidgeot, but thanks to Sylveon I was able to play around status and swept lategame with Mega Pert.

Week 2: vs Cam (win)

So Thundurus and Aerodactyl are two great wallbreakers on their own, but together they are crazy good due to them breaking down eachothers checks. Main idea is to apply a bunch of pressure early game with those two mons and then proceed to clean lategame with Ash-Greninja when its checks are low in health. The team then relies on the defensive core of Ferro + Rotom-H + Mega Alt to check most threats in the metagame there after. Vs Cam I was definitely expecting something more bulky from scouting his replays, so that gave me even more incentive to go with the more brute force method when building. The game was pretty easily won as I kept applying pressure against his walls with the team's various wallbreakers while relying on defensive pivots to sponge any hits if they couldn't KO the mons the wallbreakers were facing. Also huge s/o to GL Volkner for suggesting Anchor on Ferro last minute, that definitely helped me seal the deal with this game as Chansey was a huge roadblock otherwise.

Week 2: vs Paleo (loss)

Not gonna lie, was not too confident coming into this game as I did not as much time to prep as I wanted to and my whole mental state that day was not all there to play a tour game in all honesty. Anyways, I wanted to abuse Mega Medicham vs Paleo as I saw he tend to run the defensive core of Rotom-W + Lando-T + Ferrothorn in some fashion which Medi eats alive. Its also a mon thats generally not prepped for much besides using Sylveon (which usually run SpD for Thundurus anyways). Scarf Ttar synergized well in trapping Psychics such as Latios, Jirachi, alongside other checks such as Mega Pidgeot and Thundurus. I went with standard Ferro + Pex + Landorus-T as the defensive core and rounded off with a pretty unexplored Greninja set in Nasty Plot Z-Move Protean (which is heat and should be used more). As I mentioned, I did not have enough time to really go through the build to make sure it faired vs the res of the meta and I realized this immediately when I saw the Mega Pidgeot in the opposite side of the field coming into the game. I really had no answer to it besides praying on low sleep roles on Ttar and hopes to trap it. This issue had been augmented due to it having recovery which really fucked me near the end of the game. I definetely felt I could have clutched the endgame better and still had a shot at winning if I did not waste the Z-move so hastily and played more aggro vs the Cele / Rotom-W switchins. Although still was a really intense game that I enjoyed playing.

Week 3: vs Anaconja (win)

I wanted to use Zeraoara this week as its a pretty cool mon and strong wallbreaker that kinda fills in the shoes of Tapu Koko (LO Electrify is the goat set tho). Jrdn bascially built the rest of the squad tho, with a neat Zygarde set that can annoy its checks such as Landorus-T, Chansey, and even Tapu Bulu. The rest of the team is pretty standard besides an offensive Z-Move Rotom-W which is cool, forming a nice Electric Spam with Zera. Kinda hard to prep for ana when they bring some pretty random stuff so did not really build to CT this round. The game was quite interesting as they brought an unorthodox rain squad, but managed to get the upperhand early game and things kinda snowballed from there. Unfort this is the week that Canada got manhandled so things didn't really matter with the outcome of this game but still was fun regardless.

So with that this concludes my first OMWCoP run, definitely happy with my results also disappointed could not have gone with a flawless record. Gonna give a huge shoutouts to team managers Jrdn and OM room, not only helping all the team members with building, but also providing really nice moral support throughout the weeks even at our lowest points. Canada definteley was the goat team this tournament even if we did not manage to snag the win, but hey that's what next year is for ;) Gonna save shoutouts for 2k

Ciao Ciao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)