Possible Soundgarden reunion?

http://www.soundgardenworld.com/

All of a sudden on today of the new year of 2010 this site comes up. Pearl Jam posted it in their blog as did Chris Cornell on MySpace. Soundgarden was one of the big four of Grunge along with Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and Nirvana. I'd be interesting to see three out of those four bands be back at the same time, this could be a new explosion of Grunge music genre. I hope there is more to develop on this story.

Not necessarily an explosion of new grunge, seeing as grunge isn't especially making a comeback otherwise...Smashing Pumpkins already attempted this too so I don't think it'll make too much of an impact apart from people that already like the genre. But definitely cool, I was a huge fan of Soundgarden. Still am.

Not necessarily an explosion of new grunge, seeing as grunge isn't especially making a comeback otherwise...Smashing Pumpkins already attempted this too so I don't think it'll make too much of an impact apart from people that already like the genre. But definitely cool, I was a huge fan of Soundgarden. Still am.
A guy can dream. (: I'm a big Soundgarden fan as well they're my second favorite band, first being Alice In Chains. I'm seeing AIC in February I will camp out for Soundgarden tickets.

I'm a big Soundgarden fan as well they're my second favorite band, first being Alice In Chains. I'm seeing AIC in February I will camp out for Soundgarden tickets.

gj,

Chris Cornell announced Soundgarden will be reuniting so I guess it happens; not my favourite band but they'll probably record good material and noone will remember "Scream".

If this actually happens I will most likely orgasm over it.

I'm wondering if they'll keep the sound they left off as, or they'll return to their doomier stuff.

Regardless, there will be no new explosion of grunge music. The genre has been dead for more than 10 years, it will not happen. Ever.

Though I'm expecting someone to bring up Stone Temple Pilot's new album to argue this.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Band reunions almost always end up very unaffecting events. These guys finally realized that they didn't have any claim to music history unless they were Soundgarden (Audioslave an average-at-best band), so now they are announcing this in a feeble attempt to recapture some former glory. It will go mostly unnoticed just like the many attempts other bands have made before.

DM, this is the second time you preempted one of my posts with the exact same content. I will not stand for it, mark my words!

Anyway, bands making music fifteen or twenty years after they lost their creativity is just going to cause making shit. But hey, the Super Bowl might be dumb enough to let them play or something.

Mmm, I've heard this might be possible, one of the members of another gaming site I frequent posted the same thing basically. I don't listen to enough soundgarden to be overly excited.

Yeah, because the last Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains albums were really good. Certainly seems to be a reason to get excited. Grunge is pretty much relegated to kind of okay Japandroids and old Nirvana concerts. That's pretty much it. After Chris Cornell's last album, the new Soundgarden's certain to be a dud.

I can name a few good reunion albums: New York Doll's One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This, Television's Television, and a few albums by The Rolling Stones (they kind of broke up at one point or something I guess).

But yeah, I expect the new Soundgarden to be about as good as the new Pearl Jam, which is to say that it won't be good at all save for one song, which will probably be about the exact same thing that "The Fixer" was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)