Gen 3 Porygon2 tier change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Either way, who cares. BL/OU movements are pretty much meaningless.

The only real function of OU is to warn newcomers about what they can expect to see. Old tiers should only be changed when there is a genuine wrongness to them, not when there is a question about which things on the borderline borderline should be on which side of it.

I wanna bring this up again since P2 has consistently enjoyed more usage than Jolteon (currently an OU) for the past 6 months since this thread was made. Additionally since the old analyses are currently being rewritten to represent todays metagame the tier list itself should get that benefit also, and while I am aware a bunch of low OUs have been moved down recently, as it is, it only makes sense as far as I'm concerned for P2 to go up and/or for Jolt to go down.

I agree. I feel like Cloyster should be moved to BL for the opposite reasons, I have not seen it in ages (it's generally Forretress or Skarmory + spinner, rarely ever do I see Cloyster).

I agree. I feel like Cloyster should be moved to BL for the opposite reasons, I have not seen it in ages (it's generally Forretress or Skarmory + spinner, rarely ever do I see Cloyster).
No. Its struggling a fair bit atm but not enough to justify a drop. Besides, theres no stats to suggest its in the same realm as Vap or Cham.

I've always thought OU should be bigger than BL on principle alone, so I'm fine with Porygon2 being moved up. Not that it matters anyway.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Posting to agree that P2 should be OU, its usage has increased a lot recently, mainly because Dugtrio

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Following the P2 for OU bandwagon. There has also been a huge rise of CM Team with Porygon2 in them in the past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)