Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

Personally, I can't stand Garchomp, the design just screams Min-Maxer.

Bidoof and Bibarel. At least Rattata and Raticate were decent. Come on, Normal/Water?
hey, don't bash the beaver. It at least has the use of being an HM-mule.

Rock type Eevee should be Mineon, Ground type could be Bureon. A Flying Eevee should feast on birds and airplanes, and rather than legs, it should have wings, and blah blah blah....
I'd think a flying Eevee would be more like a little griffen, but it should definately eat airplanes.

IIRC Choice Scarf, Max SpA Combee can 1HKO Heracross with Gust. And you think it sucks?

And Cherrim looks like itll work on Groudon teams in UBER because of its Ability. I mean, how many pokemon can work in Ubers?

And actually, I have never used Pikachu or Jigglypuff on a team (Though I did have a Plusle on an Colosseum Scramble Team). My 6 favourite pokemon (Fully Evolved), and thus would make my team, are: Tauros, Ninetales, Noctowl/Staraptor, Blastoise, Politoed, Mamoswine.

So what if I have 2 Waters and 2 Normals, I dont care. THats the team I like, and Im pretty sure the only people that like pokemon like Heracross/Blaziken only like it because of their "Battling Ability" (In which I bring up the 1HKOness by Combee again).
Ok... Stop right there. Hey, I'm all good if you want to battle with your favorites alot of people do it but stop preaching to everyone that "omg tauros IS sex you don't know what your talking about heracross sucks". Your opinion is not right, neither is theirs. Stop making an ass of yourself. :\

Moving on...

I must say I'm really digging Rhyperior's look... I perfer Rhydon's... And Lickilicky. I'm glad Lickitung finally became usable (In gaining an evo) but... Shoot, he's not the badass Lickitung I've always liked. The tongue is shorter, and he looks tubular... I prefer Lickitung's giant tongue and puffy tail design...

I'd have to say Chatot. What the hell where they thinking when they made it? I haven't seen any use for it besides cussing your opponent out in WiFi, and I would NOT want to waste a space on my team for one of these hideous things.

Personally, I think spiritomb should have never existed. In my retrospect, having a single Pokémon with an absence of 2x damage and with the ability Pressure shouldn't exist. Especially since it's Atk, Def, Sp.A, and Sp.D are all average.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Personally, I think Gardevoir was the most needed Pokemon. Jynx is an ugly bitch. Now the Pokemon finally have somebody attractive.

Also, nobody needs Tynamo. jk I love Tynamo.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized how far this got necrobumped. MORE THAN FOUR YEARS.

At first, this thread seems like a good idea: a way to release those long-felt hates about pokemon. But come on, some of you are complete IDIOTS!
If you don't like powerful pokemon, play NU or something! If you hate ugly pokemon, don't use them! Nobody's saying, "You can only use pokemon u hate", are they? Please, stop your bitching and complain on Serebii, will ya?

(Some of you make a point. Not all pokemon are great, but it takes all kinds to make a world. Personally, Pikachu& Finneon are cute, Mudkip is beast, and Togekiss makes an awesome upgrade from Togetic.)

The most hated pokemon here are called because of what, appearance? What the heck? They aren't all going to be badass or adorable, are they?

And for the love of God, hating on high base stats? Use other stuff then, or play a different fucking tier. All pokemon have a purpose, and theirs is so competitive players have stuff to use.

In conclusion, for many of you, GROW UP!! For the defenders, or those who love all pokemon, thank you for being there. That is all.

At first, this thread seems like a good idea: a way to release those long-felt hates about pokemon. But come on, some of you are complete IDIOTS!
If you don't like powerful pokemon, play NU or something! If you hate ugly pokemon, don't use them! Nobody's saying, "You can only use pokemon u hate", are they? Please, stop your bitching and complain on Serebii, will ya?

(Some of you make a point. Not all pokemon are great, but it takes all kinds to make a world. Personally, Pikachu& Finneon are cute, Mudkip is beast, and Togekiss makes an awesome upgrade from Togetic.)

The most hated pokemon here are called because of what, appearance? What the heck? They aren't all going to be badass or adorable, are they?

And for the love of God, hating on high base stats? Use other stuff then, or play a different fucking tier. All pokemon have a purpose, and theirs is so competitive players have stuff to use.

In conclusion, for many of you, GROW UP!! For the defenders, or those who love all pokemon, thank you for being there. That is all.
Lol. I never was whining about high base, I was ranting on his non 2x damage types. Stop trolling.

I think a very large magority of Pokemon should exstist. We need them for being cute. Nothing wrong with them they are fun. Pokemon have other purposes beside battling

Delibird, Farfetch'd, Chatot... they keep making these unusable birds that look like they should evolve but don't.

And Ferrothorn. I hate Ferrothorn and everyone uses it. (Even though he's 5th gen and doesn't really belong in this discussion...)

Meh. Don't really have any truly "shouldn't exist" mons besides Vanillish, which is Gen V and not pertinent to the discussion.

Electivire comes close, but he's badass. Rhyperior too.

I find that some of Gen IV's "scrappy" mons look either comical (Bidoof, Lickilicky) or badass (Vire, Magmortar.)

More necro-posting by four years... -_-; Oh well, let me see...

Dusknoir: Unlike guys like Tangrowth or Togekiss, this evolution wasn't really necessary. Dusclops already had its niche as a pretty damn good ghost wall. Dusknoir just added some power to that, but that didn't differentiate him very much from Dusclops.

Rhyperior: Kind of the same deal as Dusknoir but to a lesser degree. At least Rhyperior showcases Solid Rock, but that sadly didn't turn out to be as good an ability as we hoped.

Almost every baby Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh: All most of these Pokemon do is try to make existing Pokemon more marketable, and in some cases (like Azurill / Marill), it isn't even necessary. Most baby Pokemon don't really add anything beneficial to its "evolved" form, either. The only exceptions to this I can think of are Wynaut (who provides Wobbuffet Encore) and Munchlax (who has Pickup, which is kind of nice in-game).

I would have to say Spinda; I mean, what were the developers on when they created that thing because it must of been something pretty strong. It doesn't do anything useful and it's face really makes me want to punch it.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i would have to say staraptor, sure its good, but i dont like the thought of a generation of emo kids cause of staraptors existence.

@ testsuhitokage, i would think up something like spinda without any substance abuse, but that's me and im nuts!. I always thought that spinda was stoned though.

I would have to say Spinda; I mean, what were the developers on when they created that thing because it must of been something pretty strong. It doesn't do anything useful and it's face really makes me want to punch it.
hey, i caught literally boxes of Spinda just to compare their face markings

back on topic, WOOBAT. i know gen 5 so doesn't really count at all but SRSLY WTF IS THAT THING.

@Easton,

Stop being an idiot. You don't like the thread, don't post here. We wanna talk about this. Just shut up. Nobody cares about your half assed effort to stop this thread.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@Easton,

Stop being an idiot. You don't like the thread, don't post here. We wanna talk about this. Just shut up. Nobody cares about your half assed effort to stop this thread.
as far as i know, easton is not trying to stop a thread at all.

btw another pokemon i do not like are (insert pokemon based on stereotype here). I find that pokemon such as jynx and scrafty can be offensive to certain groups of people and it just seems...wrong.

Alot of Bug type

Ledian
Kricketune
Wormadam trio
Ariados
Volbeat (yeah yeah, Prankster + Tail Glow made it better, but they should have given it to better bug.)
Illumise

Then the water types

Seaking (so boring, its just a fish with a horn)
Huntail
Pelipper
Whiscash
Octillery
Relicanth
Corsola

Others
Plusle and Minun (Pikachu is the series mascot, not these)
Solrock and Lunatune (Nice design, but nothing interesting gameplay wise)
Mightyena (mostly overshadowed by Houndoom, a pokemon that existed a generation before it)
Magnezone (personal opinion - ugly as f***)

Chatot gets plenty of use from an RNGer. Woobat ans Swoobat though are just dumb. Not good all statistically and are fugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)