Pokemon TCG > Pokemon DP! (DP Warstory).

Hello it's me again! Finally with a new war story from a recent battle of mine with Garsh0p from Pokegym.net.

I will try to keep the style as the previous ones, and add narration like I did in the previous two. If you want to read my other warstories, you can check my profile and my threads.

I am asked for a battle, and I accept gladly. I do not have a set team so I have to work with what I got and I try and make up a team of 5 Pokemon + Blissey (as every team should lol).

So we get online and thus the battle starts witht he teams being the following:

Garsh0p:

Pablo:

And thus after some fumbling on WiFi and I see you and the battle goes underway.

Turn #1
Garsh0p sent out Jolteon.
Pablo sent out Heracross.

Yikes, not good at all, even tho he won't hit me for much and T-Wave would be good for me, if I use Close Combat I use up precious PP and drop my defenses and then Megahorn might miss eventually so since it is not Choice Scarf Heracross, I have to switch as I am at a clear disadvantage.

Pablo withdrew Heracross for Blissey.
Jolteon made a Substitute.
Leftovers heal both.

Inevitable, he had a huge advantage on me there. Time to get rid of the Sub while he gets a free switch to something.

Turn #2
Jolteon used Baton Pass, onto Breloom.
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
The Substitute faded.
Blissey healed with Leftovers.
Breloom is inflicted with Poison with his Toxic Orb.

Yuck, I always have trouble with this guy, and Spore is broken, good thing Sleep Clause is in effect.

Turn #3
Pablo withdrew Blissey for Heracross.
Breloom used Substitute.
Breloom heals HP with Poison.

Well crap, I expected Spore, and then I would retaliate with a Guts + Choice Band whatever Sleep Talk chose but guess not. I'll have to wait for the expected Spore next turn.

Turn #4
Heracross used Megahorn, the attack missed!
Breloom used Spore. Heracross fell asleep.
Breloom heals HP with Poison.

Gosh this isnt helping at ALL, I'm in a really REALLY bad position, I have to switch, and he gets a free Focus Punch and I don't have any ghosts, ugh well I gotta make the best of this I guess.

Turn #5
Breloom is tightening its focus.
Pablo withdrew Heracross for Gyarados.
Breloom used Focus Punch (43%).
Gyarados healed with Leftovers.

That hurt alot because of no Intimidate. Gyara NEEDS to break that sub NOW.

Turn #6
Gyarados used Ice Fang (25%).
The Substitute faded.
Breloom used Seed Bomb (35%).

Now I have a nearly dead Gyarados against a full HP Breloom yuck. I guess I gotta damage him as much as possible now.

Turn #7
Garsh0p withdrew Breloom for Gyarados.
Gyarados Intimidate cut my Gyarados attack.
Gyarados used Ice Fang (10%).

Yikes and more yikes, I am Intimidated and don't have Stone Edge yuck, wth do I do now. I guess I gotta switch to my Gyarados counter now.

Turn #8
Pablo withdrew Gyarados for Vaporeon.
Gyarados used Water Fall.
Vaporeon's Water Absorb nullified the attack.

I expected him to dance but that works hehe. Either way I need to Roar him away with a Wish set up.

Turn #9
Gyarados used Taunt.
Vaporeon fell for the Taunt.
Vaporeon could not use Wish.

Geez I keep getting outplayed lol, now all I got is Ice Beaming Gyarados to death (pfft lol).

Turn #10
Gyarados used Dragon Dance. Speed and Attack rose.
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (55%). Critical
hit!

Darn I got lucky, now its a 3HKO instead of 2HKO but I doubt Earthwuake or Return or Stone Edge will do enough damage before I can Wish again and switch to my own Gyarados or ko with Ice Beam as his Gyarados didn't carry Leftovers.

Turn #11
Gyarados used Earthquake (40%).
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (25%).
Vaporeon heals with Leftovers.

Gyara was left with 2% HP or so, I guess its fair cause of the CH I got.

Turn #12
Gyarados used Earthquake (40%).
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (2%).
Vaporeon heals with Leftovers.

6-5

Finally I'm in an OK position I guess with an extra Pokemon, but Breloom will inevitably come in and rip my team in
pieces.

Garsh0p sent out Breloom.

Yup, now I'm in a bad position, but since he expects the switch, I will go ahead and give my next Pokemon a free switch.

Turn #13
Breloom used Substitute.
Vaporeon used Wish.

Yup, standard stuff, now I don't have anything really to help me deal with Breloom and I fear Gyara will die if I switch in on any of its attacks so I have to reveal another Pokemon on my team to him at this point.

Turn #14
Pablo withdrew Vaporeon for Garchomp.
Breloom used Seed Bomb (45%).
Vaporeons Wish came true. Restored Garchomp's HP.

Well free switch in but he still has the damn sub up ugh.

Turn #15
Breloom is tigheting its focus.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw (25%).
The Substitute faded.
Breloom used Focus Punch (85%).

Geez I'm sucking and BAD. Even though I'm up in Pokemons I definately don't have the edge, my team is Breloom weak! I dunno what his next move is, but I'm sure I wouldn't KO Breloom with a Choice Scarfed Dragon Claw.

Turn #16
Garsh0p withdrew Breloom for Skarmory.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw (10%).
Skarmory heals with Leftovers.

Yuck, now a free layer of Spikes and my Garchomp wont even be able to come in more than once after he lays Spikes yikes. Always bring Magnezone kids!

Turn #17
Pablo withdrew Garchomp for Electivire (bling bling).
Skarmory used Spikes.

Spiks and Breloom yikes, this is NOT good. I didnt want to use Electivire yet because he had Jolteon in his team but I had no other choice. Might as well T-bolt Skarm to hell huh?

After Garsh0p takes a looooooong time to decide what he's going to do.

Turn #18
Garsh0p withdrew Skarmory for Jolteon.
Electivire used Earthquake (100%).

6-4

YES, 1337 prediction FTW. When he took a looong time I'm sure he thought of this scenario, but I think I would've done it as well. If I had not seen his Jolteon already I would have chosen Thunderbolt most likely.

Garsh0p sent in Metagross.

Yuck, he isn't using many special attackers and one of them is already dead, I hate BLISSEY! Metagross gives me issues as well, I can't OHKO with EQ and he does OHKO me so time to switch out for Vap.

Turn #19
Pablo withdrew Electivire for Vaporeon.
Garsh0p withdrew Metagross for Skarmory.

Hmmm interesting choice, trying to predict an EQ huh? Well I think I'm in a better position here now and thus I will assume he switches and just Wish away.

Turn #20
Garsh0p withdrew Skarmory for Starmie.
Vaporeon used Wish.

Yay, I could switch to Garchomp expecting the T-bolt, or I could stay in expecting the Ice Beam as he expects the switch to Chomp to get the Wish. Hmmm quite a dilemma.

Since my Vaporeon is male tho, he gathers some STONES AND?

Turn #21
Starmie used Ice Beam.
Vaporeon used Roar. Skarmory was dragged out.
Vaporeon Wish came true.

YAY hehe, that Vaporeon is a brave one. Now I expect a witch again like before, and this time I hope it is to Breloom.

Turn #22
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (30%).
Skarmory used Spikes.
Skarmory heals with Leftovers.

Yuck, the Skarmory has STONES down there as well, well I can't do anything about Spikes, I will have to severely limit my switching (although Breloom already does that).

Turn #23
Vaporeon used Surf (50%).
Skarmory used Spikes.
Skamrory heals with Leftovers.

Yup yup, standard stuff. Now what follows is surprising and entertaining, pay close attention, cool mind games.

Turn #24
Garsh0p withdrew Skarmory for Starmie.
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (20%).

Dam no switch to Breloom, I'm pretty sure he realices now how weak I am to it. Oh well, at least now I'm guaranteed to KO Starmie with a T-Bolt from 'Vire.

Turn #25
Starmie used Ice Beam (10%).
Vaporeon used Wish.

He expects again a switch to Chomp, except Chomp would die and I guess its a good switch bait for my Sleep Talk Hera so I'm not about to sacrifice him anytime soon. I beliebe he wont risk giving my 'Vire a boost so Gyara can come in and heal some to be able to counter Breloom a bit better.

Turn #26
Pablo withdrew Vaporeon for Gyarados.
Starmie used Thunderbolt (20%).

5-4

Crap, that didn't work out well, guess I was outmindgamed (lol new word) in that I assumed he'd never risk giving 'Vire the boost so I wouldn't bring him in. Well no I will officially be screwed by Breloom.

Pablo sent out Electivire. Spikes (25%).

Thunderbolt will do a nice amount to anything on his team now, so I can safely use it, as Breloom can't switch to Electivire or it gets Ice Punched into oblivion.

Turn #27
Starmie used Surf (60%).
Electivire used Thunderbolt (80%).

5-3

Ah well, I'm liking these trade offs.

Garh0p sent out Metagross.

That beesh again dam, well as long as it isnt Agility it wont threaten me much thanks to Vap. But I need to damage it hard right now with 'Vire as he can't switch in and out anymore becuase of Spikes.

Turn # 28
Electivire used Earthquake (80%).
Metagross used Agility. Speed doubled.

Crap, now he's definately faster than Hera and the psychic physical attack could KO it ugh, well bye bye 'Vire.

Turn # 29
Metagross used Earthquake (15%).

4-3

Yup, nothing I could do, switching was pointless and would simply hurt me.

Pablo sent out Vaporeon. Spikes (25%).

Well I can't risk using Ice Beam and not Koing
Metagross, and he knows by now once Breloom comes in it will cause me alot of issues so Surf is the correct choice.

Turn #30
Metagross used Earthquake (30%).
Vaporeon used Surf (25%).

4-2

Well thats it for Metagross. Now comes in Breloom yuck.

Garsh0p sent out Breloom.

Vaporeon did it's job, now its up to HEROcross to be a heroe and save the day.

Turn #31
Breloom used Substitute.
Vaporeon used Ice Beam (25%).
Substitute faded.

He expected a switch, but I'm not about to give Breloom a free sub now, I wont let it.

Turn #32
Breloom used Seed Bomb (60%).

3-2

Yeah, Vaporeon I believe was MVP as Wish is sooo good. It did it's job tremendously well.

Pablo sent out Heracross. Spikes (25%).

I got a 2/3 shot with Sleep Talk, as Guts + Choice Band Close Combat or Megahorn OHKO's Breloom, as long as I don't wake up which would suck majorly. I believe any of my attacks KO Skarm at 15% health so I'm safe for now, wether he switches or not.

Turn # 33
Heracross used Sleep Talk.
Heracross used Megahorn (100%).

3-1

YES the 2/3 paid off, I guess it compensates for my miss earlier with Megahorn against this same Breloom.

Garsh0p sent out Skarmory.

Well I don't feel like writing anymore in depth as there i still 6 turns to go but here they are summarized:

#34 Hera switches to Blissey.
Skarmory Drill Pecks.

#35 Skarmory Roost.
Blissey Seismic Toss.

#36 Skarmory Drill Peck.
Blissey Sing. Skarmory asleep.

#37 - #39 Blissey Seismic Toss Skarmory sleeps.

3-0

Amazing battle against Garsh0p. I think my team was well balanced except I lacked the obvious Breloom counter which I believe no one carries as it is not a common Pokemon, specially with Substitute.

Hope you enjoyed reading.
Coming soon: 2 vs 2 war stories with UU Pokemon and unexpected strategys!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I played garsh0p today =O Never got to see how his Breloom would do though since by then I was sweeping and it died with a hit >_>;

Nice Warstory I liked your team, especially that Wish Vaporeon, makes me feel like trainin' one right now

Anyway my team is finally complete, would you add my FC?

great read and a great battle. you played extremely well.

gotta say though, that breloom was whoopin ass. makes me want to use one now...

Lol, good thing I have an awesome Shroomish from SonicZeroX.
Nice battles, makes me hyped to start battling during the summer.

Interesting warstory. Although there was some Gyarados action, I was surprised he didn't DD. Maybe he didn't predict that or something? Nice use of Vaporeon, it could look handy to use this generation as well

Good battle, I really liked this one. Nice predicting from both of you. MVP goes to Vaporeon, no doubt.

Interesting to see Vaporeon and Breloom stand out in teams including Gyarados, Electivire, Garchomp etc. One of the better recent warstories.

Thanks, and yeah it is shiny I'm working on a HP Grass one to replace it but I'm not getting any luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)