Denied Pokemon Showdown! Discipline Appeals: Doing it Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
(excuse the long title)

[15:31:53] shaymin ❀: (Private to &scene) also scene i apologize for bothering you so much w/this but
[15:32:21] shaymin ❀: (Private to &scene) can i also make a satire article regarding discipline appeals so long as it's like tasteful etc
[15:32:36] &scene: (Private to shaymin ❀) yeah that is ok
[15:32:37] &scene: (Private to shaymin ❀) imo

this article will basically be a satire of discipline appeals, but it's also informative in the sense of how to correctly make a discipline appeal. Screenshots will be provided, etc. I think it's safe to say that this one might be a long time coming. This one, like the room spotlights article, would be rather short in it's content, but at the same time concise and straight to the point.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
how would you put a satirical spin on this? it seems a pretty straightforward topic that would be scarce in content and I'm ON THE FENCE if people would find it.. interesting? idk this is why I normally write out my articles a fair bit before submitting them so I've a good grasp on what it'll look like

Actually, I'll just trash this idea. While ultimately, the concept was nice and on paper it sounded amazing, I just feel it wouldn't have the necessary audience I imagined it to be. While it is directed primarily at PS! users, people outside of that spectrum read our issue also. So I definitely share your concern, Antemortem.

In short, I have no issue writing the article itself to exceptional standards, but who would care about it is the question, or at least (more specific to this situation), how many people would?

Unless Scene or Vacate have any other thoughts on how this should be done, then I'm pretty much done with this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)