Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

After the past unique and thematic tera type choices like Dragon Charizard, Fighting Cinderace, Poison Greninja, and Water Pikachu, the choice of Flying Decidueye makes sense but still stands out in a mundane way because you can just get it naturally whenever you hatch a Rowlet. I guess the point is to not use STAB, but I think giving it a Ghost tera type would have been more interesting and something you would have to spend shards on otherwise. I guess we'll see what gamefreak has planned against Miraidon for an Electric-weak raid without an immunity.
I know we already had the Fighting tera used but I think it'd have been cute if normal decidueye was using its hisuian associated tera (likewise for eventual Typhlosion and Samurott 7* raids)

Decidueye has 2 Fighting type moves from TMs, so if he's not given those, Kingambit's a sturdy attacker option if you can make neutral work. Otherwise I assume debuff spam and the usual Iron Hands can be made to work, since it lacks anything SE against the combo and Physical Bulk is Hands' specialty.

At best I expect some boost spam for Clear Smog promotion and maybe one Noob-Trap coverage (i.e. something for the Dragons)

This random post-release trailer mainly shows off a new music track and Gen 9 mons battling with some interesting camera angles as well as some flashy but questionable move choices.
  • The pokemon being sent out at the beginning is a Pyroar visible for one frame
  • Great Tusk using Ice Spinner against Arcanine
  • Fighting the wild Chien-Pao with a Dragapult
  • Iron Thorns using Thunder against a Noivern
  • Ceruledge using Solar Blade on a Scyther
  • Iron Treads using Hyper Beam against Houndoom
  • Kingambit using Focus Blast on Zoroark
  • Annihilape using Overheat against Great Tusk
  • Koraidon looks weird
EDIT: They also show Iron Treads using base Tera Blast with the whole sound effect and Roaring Moon destroying a random Gimmighoul chest.

1678153350878.png

1678153586574.png

1678153136926.png

1678153182262.png

1678153205587.png

1678154209351.png

Also this one shot shows visible co-op trainers in Area Zero of all places.
1678152977559.png

Last edited:
This random post-release trailer mainly shows off a new music track and Gen 9 mons battling with some interesting camera angles as well as some flashy but questionable move choices.
  • The pokemon being sent out at the beginning is a Pyroar visible for one frame
  • Great Tusk using Ice Spinner against Arcanine
  • Fighting the wild Chien-Pao with a Dragapult
  • Iron Thorns using Thunder against a Noivern
  • Ceruledge using Solar Blade on a Scyther
  • Iron Treads using Hyper Beam against Houndoom
  • Kingambit using Focus Blast on Zoroark
  • Annihilape using Overheat against Great Tusk
Since when did Annihilape learn Overheat?-- since forever apparently
If anyone asks, the Ceruledge player was probably testing the Solar Blade animation on a random wild Pokémon, as most animations you find after gen 5 are usually just still images. Same as the Iron Treads user (slightly questionable though).
(everyone else is just being a 5yo and clicking funny moves)

Does the "new run of the event" mentioned with respect to Walking Wake and Iron Leaves mean anyone can catch them, or will it be limited only to people who were affected by the Bad Egg bug?

Asking because I still haven't completed SV and am unlikely to do so before this event expires, but I'd very much like to catch these at some point.

Does the "new run of the event" mentioned with respect to Walking Wake and Iron Leaves mean anyone can catch them, or will it be limited only to people who were affected by the Bad Egg bug?

Asking because I still haven't completed SV and am unlikely to do so before this event expires, but I'd very much like to catch these at some point.
Both, from what I understood the rerun of the event will work same as the 7 star raid ones (aka if you caught one already it won't let you catch it again), basically the "problem" is that the "bad eggs" you'd have obtained would have count as "caught" thus preventing you from getting one at all, and they have fixed that bugged interaction.

TLDR: unless something weird going on, if you already caught them, you won't be able to catch a 2nd copy, but if you had caught them and they turned in a bad egg due to the bug, you'll be able to catch them.

edit: shoutout to ScraftyIsTheBest for posting at almost exact same second as me

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I'm pretty sure it's a normal second run of the Event Raid like what happened with Charizard, Greninja, Cinderace, etc. It will run again next month as a second chance for players to get Wake/Leaves.

And anyone can do the Wake/Leaves event raids when they happen again during next month's run of the event.

It's just that this time they will address an issue that happened in this first run with players who didn't get the patch who joined Wake/Leaves raids, caught them, and ended up with a bad egg because Wake/Leaves weren't in the code for their game. This time they're making sure that doesn't happen again for those players.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you know what the defenition of "many" is? Not to mention the shinies have distinct patterns as well, so bring it up to 6.

Many: a large number

I don’t consider 3 a large number, especially with regards to Pokemon forms. Is that really crazy?

Pokemon with more forms than Tatsugiri: Pikachu, Castform, Deoxys, Rotom, Arceus, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Genesect, Vivillon, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Furfrou, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Oricorio, Silvally, Minior, Necrozma, Alcremie, Squawkabilly. Now that is a list of many.

While looking around the internet to see what's been going on for the Miraidon raid, I found this post on the mystery of why the tera raid AI partners sometimes stop changing that's been mentioned before and how you can manipulate it without hard resetting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/zzskr4
To summarize:
- From a fresh game start, choosing "Challenge alone" will give you new AI partners every time.
- If you choose "Challenge as a group", then those AI partners will be locked in for any "Challenge alone" run afterwards in the same session.
- You can choose "Challenge as a group" again to refresh your AI partners from ingame, even when offline.
(Note: You can't run from a raid battle started in group mode, even if you are the only local player, so it's probably best to quickly do this with a random raid you can beat quickly.)

This seems consistent with my NPC partners still being the same as the last time I went online to duo Decidueye, and a quick test from a fresh session of going alone (new mons) -> going alone (different mons) -> going in a group (new mons) -> going alone (same mons).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Tbfh Arven's plotline wasn't even "bad". Very simple but also pretty sad.

I'd lie if I said I wasn't almost crying by the end. Despite all the issues, the whole descent into Area Zero and all the event that unfold at that point are amazing, and the music (both the insanely creepy Area Zero background and the boss battle music) is just icing on the cake.

Idk maybe i'm still actually 9yo inside. Leave my feels alone.

I'd lie if I said I wasn't almost crying by the end. Despite all the issues, the whole descent into Area Zero and all the event that unfold at that point are amazing, and the music (both the insanely creepy Area Zero background and the boss battle music) is just icing on the cake.

Nobody was saying it was bad....

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

its ok you can just say you like pokémon

Nobody was saying it was bad....
Here specifically no but I have read several times around the internet that the plot is "terrible and boring".

....though idk how much of it is actually legitimate claim and how much is just generic hating for the sake of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)